An Empath's Detective

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,417 Followers

"Johnson, check this out!" The detective called out to her partner.

Johnson quickly made his way over to where Alex was standing, "What'd you find?" He inspected the bush, the leaves, and the bent grass. "Yep, looks like someone, or two, were lying over here. This may very well be where he flung himself, and her. Ya' see how the branches are bent north?"

"I'd say that's the direction we should try heading," Alex commented.

"Sounds good to me," Johnson agreed.

*********

Kerry wiped the tears from her face with the back of her forearm. Her feet were sore, and she was sure they were bleeding. Her left shoulder hurt, and breathing had become difficult. She wondered if any ribs were cracked. She took a moment in this heated mess to connect with her love. Oh, Alex I wish you could hear me. I don't know what's going to happen, and I don't know if you'll make it on time. I'm scared. Fresh tears welled up in her eyes again. I love you. Please...remember that always.

Suddenly, the closet door opened. A large, dirty hand grabbed the small blonde by the shirt, dragging her out onto the kitchen, "I want you to cook for me, you filthy bitch! Wash your hands good, and fix me something with the items I've put on the counter." Moran shoved her against the sink.

********

Alex felt a heaviness in her chest, as she and her partner trudged through the forest. She sensed Kerry was alive and nearby, but hurting. The heaviness continued to weigh upon her, and she knew, instinctively, that Kerry was somehow trying to communicate with her.

"Psst, Zach, over here," Johnson called out, carefully keeping his tone hushed, and waving for her to hurry.

They peered over a wide bush that was almost Zach's height. In the short distance they saw a dim light shining through the window of a little shack. Zachary flipped open her cell phone to call in for backup.

*********

Kerry finished pouring the concoction of canned chili mixed with canned corn into a bowl. Using a spatula, she pulled up the stovetop cornbread she had heated. At that moment, a rough hand grabbed her ass. The startled reaction caused her to drop the pan of cornbread.

Moran spun the young woman around, and backhanded her across the face, "You stupid bitch!" He yelled. "Clean up that mess!"

Kerry got down on her knees and began tossing the pieces of cornbread back into the pan.

Angry that part of his dinner was ruined, Moran kicked the small blonde in the ribs.

Kerry curled into a ball, to deflect any further blows, as she, desperately, tried to breathe after having the wind knocked out of her.

Out of nowhere a body flew through the window, shattering glass everywhere. Moran, quickly, went for his gun, but was too late, when Alex fired a shot into his shoulder.

As Alex started to stand, Moran rushed her, slamming the dark woman into the wall. The gun flew from the detective's hand. They struggled for a few moments, until Alex kneed Moran in the crotch.

The big man fell to the floor, holding himself, as the pain spread.

The detective whipped out her second Glock, and pointed it directly at Moran's head.

Moran laughed, and in a condescending tone snarled, "Looks like you caught me again, Detective Zachary. But, you better watch your ass. 'Cause, I'm comin' back for you, and I'll definitely have me a piece of your little whore, too." He fingered the small handgun, tucked in the back of his jeans, thinking she didn't know it was there.

"No, you won't," Alex said, matter-of-factly.

BANG!

Moran's body fell back. A wisp of gunpowder smoke emanated from the fresh hole in his forehead.

The dark-hared woman stared in disbelief, first, at the body, then, at her gun because she could have sworn she did not pull the trigger.

"You didn't think I'd let you have all the fun, did you Zach?" Johnson, carefully, stepped over the shards of glass, "Self defense Zach ---- self defense. I wasn't going to let him shoot my partner, when I still need to kick her ass for scaring the shit out of me with her driving."

Alex smiled, at her partner's remark, and then turned to look for Kerry.

Half under the small wooden table lay the young blonde's prone, half-conscious form.

Alex sat on the floor, and pulled Kerry onto her lap, "Ker? Baby, it's me," she whispered.

"Is she okay?" Johnson asked.

Green eyes fluttered open.

Crocodile tears fell from the tall woman's crystal blue eyes, "Hi, Baby. You scared me."

"I knew you'd come," Kerry hugged Alex to her, wincing with the effort. "I'm in a lot of pain," she confessed.

"Zach, the ambulance is here. Let's get the two of you to the hospital," Johnson said, quietly, hesitating to break into the couples' reunion.

*********

Kerry sat in the ER waiting room in a pair of scrubs one of the nurses gave her. She was grateful for the Vicodins, and that none of her ribs were broken, only badly bruised. Her feet had been wrapped in plenty of gauze, with a thick layer of Neosporin. She could feel the frustration and rising temper of her lover, in the next room.

Johnson took a seat, next to the small woman, and handed her a cup of coffee.

"Thanks," Kerry said, with a smile, "So, tell me what happened while I was out for the count?"

"Well, when Zach found out you were kidnapped, she mounted the dirt bike and took off after the guy. We already found out Charlie Campbell was dead and that he was Ben Moran's cousin," Johnson explained.

"But, what happened at the crash site? How did that all transpire?" Kerry asked.

"Oh, well your girlfriend vaulted over the squad cars, after Moran smashed through the roadblock," Johnson continued. "In mid air, she jumped off the bike, landed in the truck bed, and smashed her head through the window. They fought, while Moran was still driving like a maniac. After a gun struggle, Zach had no choice but to let go, 'cause he threatened to shoot you. She got thrown from the truck, and then the rest of us arrived. A chopper tailed you two, until Moran drove over the ravine. From there, Zach and I trailed you to the cabin."

Kerry sat, listening intently, with wide eyes. Her mouth hung open, and she was unable to believe what she was hearing.

"You know, that helmet came off Zach's head in two pieces. She sure made use of it. Lucky thing," Johnson shook his head. "Plus, she had that nasty cut in her side from the truck window's glass stabbing her. That woman scares me sometimes," he shivered.

"You talking bad about me Johnson?" Alex asked, as she slowly walked towards them.

Kerry jumped up, and rushed towards her lover, embracing her tightly.

"Ow, ow, Baby my side," Alex grabbed hold of her bandaged side.

"I'm sorry. What did they say? I know you were giving them trouble in there," the blonde smiled, her green eyes glittering with joy at being reunited with her lover.

Alex shot the young woman a lopsided grin, "They had to pull out a few shards. I have fourteen stitches. They wanted me to stay overnight, but I'll have none of that. Told them I have a personal home nurse who will tend to me."

Kerry looked up at the tall woman in surprise, "A personal home nurse? And who is she?"

Alex answered sheepishly, "Uh...you?"

The small blonde whispered in her lover's ear, "And, I will tend to your every need."

"Mmm, I'm counting on it," the dark-haired woman purred.

"Ladies, I'll take you home," Johnson cleared his throat, loudly, interrupting the couples' teasing banter.

"Sounds good," they both said, simultaneously thinking that any home they both shared sounded mighty good, right then...and on into forever, as a matter of fact.

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,417 Followers