All Comments on 'An Eye For an Eye.'

by Winterfrog

Sort by:
  • 73 Comments
gaju123gaju123almost 13 years ago

Hmm one of the few tales in which the husband actually takes proper action instead of just being a person with cuckold fantasies.

Obviously not an erotic story but I actually liked this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
once again

winterfrog delivers the goods

definitely worth five stars

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzalmost 13 years ago
Good story...

with a good resolution to the situation.

The editor made the story much easier to read, however there are still areas that show the grammer from the perspective of a different language.

The following 2 sentances, on page 2, use the word "for" in awkward situations:

"Caroline said she had begun to regret the whole thing already at our door when I warned her for a cancelled wedding if she dated Michael Gillman. She had told him that I suspected her for cheating with him and wanted to cancel the whole thing but Michael, who already paid for the room, had persuaded her to go on."

In the first I would suggest using the word "about"

The second I would reword it to read: "...that I suspected she was cheating..."

Those are just a 2 examples

All said you have still done very well, I doubt I could do as well in your language.

PTBzzzz

nyminusnyminusalmost 13 years ago
Always a good read

And always the husband is a MAN who don;t fuck around

looking4itlooking4italmost 13 years ago
Good

Always enjoy your stories. To the point yet extremely passionate. And, frankly, you write in English better than some who call it their native tongue. LOL

Thanks for the story.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 13 years ago
Decent story but ....

... the wife is a complete moron which makes the story less interesting. She attempts a road trip hookup and gets caught and humiliated. So she sets up another liaison with the same guy. She gets warned before she leaves that hubby knows what is going on and what will happen if she goes but she goes anyway. She is playing Russian Roulette with the gun fully loaded. Later, she bemoans her stupidity. Hubby also can't figure out why she would do what she did. But NOBODY has any explanations. I could buy someone being sneaky and having an affair. They think they are flying under the radar. But this wife KNEW her plans were known and she STILL goes ahead. This is massive stupidity that is too much to swallow. I suppose people could really be this dumb but it's not interesting to read about them. <br><br>

Hubby's actions are somewhat strong and effective. I don't think he should have stayed with her after the road trip fiasco. I could never accept being with someone who doesn't respect me. But some people think they can work through stuff. Winterfrog writes strong male leads although they often get wrapped up in the their European lack of internal fortitude. They take action then ruminate about how the deserved action makes them look too harsh. OH Please! How about: "You're planning a trip with another man? OK, there's the door dear." And not one ounce of regret. I wonder if European cops feel bad about the criminals they have to lock up?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
excellent

Nice work Winterfrog

Jason comments way too harsh--how do we know she hasn't gotten away with cheating at other times?... after all she didn't come clean about Alice's dad till later... she just thought she wouldn't get caught like many cheaters---especially since he was taking care of Alice that day---Cheaters do compulsive acts--that oftentimes do not think about it or consider the consequences---Jason get off it and give Winterfrog his due for a great and entertaining story

tarlingtontarlingtonalmost 13 years ago
Another Great Strory

Loved the game of phone tag that got them busted and I am very happy her friends got their marriage ruined as well. Friends like that deserve what they get.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 13 years ago
Good tale

A good basic tale of cheating and consequences, but for the sake of all if us, get someone to proofread your English usage. Thanks for writing.

double_oh_sevendouble_oh_sevenalmost 13 years ago
Very good

As usual. You should really get an english editor for grammar and word usage.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 13 years ago

Ahh, another Winterfrog story. Your grammar has improved a lot compared to your older stories (I know you're not a native English speaker).

This story is in some ways, similar to others. Oh yeah, skip if you want to, this'll probably be long and ranting.

I think I see a bit of a trend in Winterfrog's stories. Similiarities. More specifically, the women/wives/girlfriends.

They are either so coldly cruel to their husbands that it makes you wonder if they EVER loved them, or even know what love means. In An Eye For an Eye, Caroline exhibits that behavior when Glen loses his job. She doesn't care about him at all. A random stranger would've given him more help and sympathy than his own wife.

Or, the wives lie, lie, lie. They lie their asses off. Complete and utter denial. Nothing is wrong, even though I'm giving you the cold shoulder for weeks. Nothing is going on, even though I'm going to spend an evening out/romantic holiday with another guy. You're seeing things.

It strongly reminds me of Fawlty Towers, or Monty Python. Ever seen the "Dead Parrot" sketch from Monty Python? Look it up on Youtube.

The wives would say that their husbands are wrong and nothing is going on even when they're freaking caught in bed, screwing with their lovers.

Other stories would have the wives at least say that they're just good friends, or that it was a mistake, or were drunk. Damage control. Winterfrog's characters simply deny EVERYTHING.

This makes his stories rather predictable. If the husband suspects something, either the wife cheating, or going to cheat, then you can bet on it that that is EXACTLY what is happening.

In one way, the wives in Winterfrog's stories are like classic villains. You know absolutely that they're up to no good. If they say they're not, they're LYING. There's no grey area, it's completely black and white.

But despite all that, they're STILL very entertaining reads, in my opinion.

Also, to jasonnh: "European lack of internal fortitude"? First, that's GROSSLY overgeneralizing, second, didja just call all Europeans pussies?

So....all Americans are morbidly obese Hummer drivers who think only America exists, and are obsessed with sex.

I've heard a lot of American stereotypes about particular countries in Europe, but never about Europe as a whole, OR that Europeans are pussies. Interesting.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Very Entertaining Read

An incredibly stupid fiancé who has no reflexes but still is beautiful!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 13 years ago
A very interesting story

The author's ability to lure in the reader with his tale telling has always been good, but this is some of the better of his work.

Well done!

Thanks for the good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
you don't seem to understand the word "literotica"

Literature, and erotic. Get it?

Apparently now, because your "story" is incomprehensible gibberish, and not in the least erotic.

Perhaps you should shove a gun up your ass. It seems the only things that arouse you are anger, violence, and guns.

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 13 years ago
Would have been better with more dialog.

Many of the fiery confrontations are paraphrased. This story would have been better if you would had expanded these parts. Example:

Ten minutes later a furious Melanie called me and accused me for destroying her happy marriage. I told her that the only thing I had done was to get even because she had assisted Caroline in canceling my planned wedding.

The actual shouting match would have been interesting to read. Your characters mere minimalized but not expanding your writing.

I have also done this in my writing, and I am working on it. Good Luck.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 13 years ago
Excellent!

I liked it very much. Action! Excitement! A plot! Mutiple things going on at the same time. I only read a few of the reader's comments, but:

1 Your English is fine. Idiots who would change it probably think Hemingway should have written in longer sentences.

2 Giving the word for word dialog takes a lot of time and sometimes gets in the way of the pace of the story. Plus often the details are not particularly interesting, so the synopses is better. It's the author's decision.

3 I first thought the bastard daughter was over kill, but in the end it was the thing that made it 'three strikes and you are out'

Lastly his reaction in not wanting to rush out and fuck whoever is willing is a real world decision. In short I liked the story and enjoyed it immensely.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
It Was Over...

...when she refused to pay (loan?) for his ticket? That is not the act of a woman who loves or cares for a man, especially when she knows he is capable of getting back on his feet.

I'll give him credit; however, he foolishly continues to go along and trust her, albeit with reservations...too nice a guy, but then, he really wanted his family life...careful - vulnerable.

For Scandinavian, your English is fine and it helps add to the flavor and atmosphere of the story telling...making it a real Scandinavian event! Nice job!!!

The ending, unfortunately - appropriate and perfect. Thanks again for a good read, don't take so long, your stories are catchy, absorbing and emotionally moving!

Thanks!!!

noonehere78noonehere78almost 13 years ago
Alright

Story idea was okay but the writing was horrible

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 13 years ago
I don't know.

It kind of confused me. Did they get married twice or something? I'll give it four stars, because he was at least not a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
improve

improve your english or get an editor.make the story more fluid rather than stoic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Where have you been Winterfrog?!?!

One of the best authors on this site, but only 4 stars for this tale because the damn pussy hound Gillman did not get his balls kicked. Welcome back WF!

noonehere78noonehere78almost 13 years ago
Sorry

Didn't know about English not being your native language. My apologies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
If you're going to write in English

do it right or don't do it at all. There is no excuse for such sloppy writing. Maybe you should write in your native language instead. It's absurd the praise this story has gotten.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wrong Anon - this author is remarkable in the challenge to write in English.

The plots & stories are almost always very good & plausible. For damm sure, one can not say that about the garbage that Azpiri or MattM spews out [those retards are versed in English and still write like 4th graders].

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I'm surprised

that no one has mentioned the many similarities between this story and DQS's story 'Separate Vacations'. I'm sure that it isn't intentional, but the many parallels were somewhat disconcerting to read in the back of my mind I kept thinking, "Didn't I read another story based on this premise?", or "Wasn't that device used in some other story?"

Oh well! It happens sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Uncharacteristic

I usually come to Literotica to read ... well ... erotica. This might have been better categorized under "non-erotic," since it's pretty much the antithesis of erotic. In fact, it's depressing as Hell. Perhaps when you're going to write a downer, you might put some kind of warning at the beginning?

(I can't seem to log in, which is the only reason this comment is anonymous)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
In Appreciation

Winterfrog... you are my favourite writer on Literotica. I wish that you would submit stories with greater frequency. Your story lines are realistic and reflective of situations that many find themselves experiencing in real life. Writing in a second language has to be a daunting task. Your manner of conveying ideas, thoughts and emotions reveal a perspective that few authors possess. I personally have read each of your stories and appreciate them. Thank You

Anonymous0Anonymous0almost 13 years ago
5 stars

At least the husband did something about being a cuckold. Well done winterfrog you have upset the cuck/swinger readers that in itself rates 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Reading as torture

The editing of your stories borders on the criminal. I find it almost torture trying to read to the conclusion one of these pieces. The apologists here who seem to overlook your butchering of the English language must all border on illiterate.

But even more problematic is the fact that your stories are all driven by tired cliches. There is nothing new or exciting here, just the same formula being used over and over and over again.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Hi Anon

Actually this reader is far from illiterate... but, I enjoy trying to figure out what the gentleman is trying to say. I do the same with my students, all of whom are working for their Ph.D.'s. Furthermore being from a latin country I enjoy the difference in cultures reflected by the Winterfrog stories... I have to agree that if it were just the clichés it would not be so interesting...

Corpse_riderCorpse_rideralmost 13 years ago
Eye didn't like this much.

This story has prompted over 30 comments. A response that attracted my attention. Regardless of the fact the author is not writing in their native language, the story suffers from the fact it is mostly exposition. All tell and no show. I felt distant from the characters in the story, couldn't empathise with them, and could not feel engaged with the story.

From others reader's comments I'm clearly in a minority, so probably worth reading and judging for yourself.

RealDocRealDocalmost 13 years ago
Another winning Story from a favorite author

I read your stories several times and enjoy each one every time.

I especially enjoy your translating your grammer into english grammer with all it's nuances, "errors" etc. Please continue to write exactly as you do now. The differences and "errors" make for a great read. I have first generation scandanavian friends and you write exactly as they speak...which lends an aire of reality and credibility to your imaginations. GREAT CONTINUE. To Hell with the detractors. REALDOC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I enjoyed a story

Where the husband was a smart man who didn't accept the lies the bitch was telling him.

Would have gotten five stars if she had died in an unpleasant way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
damn pussy hounds

must get their balls kicked!

5 stars for winterfrog

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
I think I have to say that although not his best plot....

....this is less disturbing to read than his others. So your use of your secondary language is definitely on the rise, though still far to go. And maybe the readers should be aware that everyone in Sverige and Norge learn English as a second language from a very young age, then get to choose the THIRD language they speak,read,write.Unless standards have fallen lately. So criticism of the translation is legitimate. But it looks like you'll get there soon. Try one where the "un-wimp" lets himself really go crazy, maybe a few kills or some aggravated assaults with a vengeance rape thrown in. Just to get your bearings.

jiminabjiminabalmost 13 years ago
Good one

I liked it even with some errors in the language. I especially liked the cellphone "telephone tag". That was excellent and got a smile on my face. Thanks for the effort. Jim

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Good!

Winterfrog, I have always enjoyed your stories and I do not mind how you abuse the English phrases. We get what you are saying. Yes, Winterfrog's women are always stupid and stubborn and want to cheat no matter how much he warns them or stops their obvious attempts to cheat. In a couple stories he did stay with them after they tried to cheat or did, and he was highly chastized by some commenters. He is getting better at avoiding some of his phrases like: Your seeing Ghosts! All of his wives try lying out their teeth and don't come clean until afterwards. But then, that seems pretty common with "Most All" the women I have known. That's how women deal with us stern and violent and overreactive men. They can't deal with us head on so they learn and practice subterfuge, evasion, and even out and out lies. Learning to do so from birth. I have raised 3 daughters. Of course a lot of men do so as well, especially when they run into someone with authority over them. I was a State Police Officer off and on for 45 years and I know! The fact the he is one of the top Authors on this site tells us that all this doesn't matter. Sure, he uses the same plots that others use, but then how many unused plots are there? His "Separate Vacations" is different enough than Steele's to make it enjoyable. And Steele's was about a wife that did not respect her husband because he wanted to be a writer more than he wanted to be rich. Winterfrog's is about a wife that wanted to use her unemployed husband's lack of money to cheat on him.

I personally love DQS's stories but I have trouble with the wives being so honest with how much they enjoyed sex with the other guys or how many times they screwed someone. Or even for how long. They don't mind destroying their men by telling the truth about their sexual prowess as compared to their lovers.

I have trouble buying that they wouldn't want to conceal that somewhat so as to not make their cheating seem even more humiliating than it already was! I am sure he does that on purpose so to get us readers even more angry when they reconcile or want to. It keeps us coming back doesn't it? Just my thoughts...I admit I am not a good writer.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
I gave it a 2** rating because.

First, he is an obvious sociopath. He doesn't recognize the rights of others and sees his self-serving behavior as permissible. And, he dominates and humiliates his victims. Notice how he destroys several marriages and justifies his evil actions by blaming it on Caroline. Also, it is obvious that he is totally incapable of forgiving minor transactions.

I find it unacceptable that the story would attempt to present such a sociopath as a type of hero.

Second, the story is so far fetched as to be totally unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncok cannot judge a WF story

DWmoroncok is a police-hating pedo and WF kicks all pussy hounds in the balls. WF rules.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you DWornock,

I now understand where we get the word 'DWeeb.'

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoron is a dickbrain

being cornholed every day makes it unavoidable

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoron is a dickbrain

being cornholed every day makes it unavoidable

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
nitwit

we should go easy on DWornock. She cannot help that she is an idiot

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Liked the tale

Caroline in the last couple of years while still in her relationship did not seem capable of telling the truth about any of her sexual affairs when realized or not.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
What a stupid bitch...

All through the story, she was a stupid bitch. If she wanted to fuck around she should have done it without all the drama. I hope her pussy grows closed.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Well done and realistic too

Cheaters never think about consequences and love to draw in more cheaters - the circle you built here seems totally believable and Tom got what he deserved too -

The small town aspect and Divorce Queen is a very nice twist - Caroline is the lowest common denominator here - she walked - eyes open - into each transgression and clearly had the arrogance to think she was OK because she wanted to be heh.

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
Why

Did he take her back after the first attempt? She showed her true colours then. She obviously had no respect for him and only wanted to be with him to pay for another man`s kid. When he lost his job, he was surplus to her requirements. And of course she knew who the father of her child was, otherwise how would her slut best friend know?

sinsational83sinsational83about 9 years ago
not to bad

So far I have read a few of your stories and found that some of then are somewhat well done, this one particular one was actually pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Caroline the SLUT

So lovely women can't be sluts

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
the idea behind the story was great

the execution, however was a bit stiff. I am sure the language skills caused some of the glitches, and a few of the issues with continuity. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
enjoyable read

never mind the grammar, writing style . . you're a great story-teller, no doubt, so I am your BIG fan now

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
While there may have been issues

Your English is far better than any of my Nordic Languages, and that is the worst I can say about your writing. You have written many great stories and it is a shame you aren't writing more.

Thank you for your work.

Ocker51Ocker51over 7 years ago
Good Story

I gave it 5 star👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
I always enjoy your stories...

I like this one as well. Good job.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Damn

No winners in this tale. Just one distressed daughter who lost her family because of a slut cheating mother. Damn. Happy fucking new year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good story 5*

lost a bit in translation but this is not a criticism because i cant speak your language.

i do love a great story about a selfish evil cheating bitch.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
CHEATING BY OMISSION AND DESIRE

and now the beat goes on, solo, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good

Punishment

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

forgetting ones morals turn that life Dire. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Liked This Story

As it should be when cheating is uncovered, this story was ‘all bullshit aside and no holds barred’. Yeah, I like this story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
That was a very good story and well told!

I liked the idea of insisting the phone be passed between the two women and the call alerting the cheat that the husband was hunting him was a nice touch. That was original and clever with just 2 likeable characters in the whole thing - the narrator and his daughter. I liked the story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good

Good to read a story about a man with balls,though he was a little slow to man up.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Problems no solution when they want to cheat

How did Melanie know bastard child. When Claire didn't

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
jtwheels, she did know or at least suspected

and Mel knew because Claire to her there probable cause to believe it was possible. But with all the cheating and divorces it the world, why is it that only men in most of the stories take years to get over it while the ex-wife has already lined up the next sucker?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
nice

well done

calflashcalflashalmost 4 years ago
whoremongers and cardboard boxes

I wouldn't be another great Winterfrog without them

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
What a wonderful word

Whoremonger. It rolls off the tongue. Perfectly descriptive too. "You sir, are an obnoxious Whoremonger." "I say my good fellow, that devious bastard is a complete Whoremonger." Or my personal favorite, because it includes my other favorite word; "That sneaky prick is an insidious Whoremonger."

Great word.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

The " Frog " is a real wimp when it comes to cheating sluts and wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hard to follow the sentence structure and word substitutions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No

Never took her back after planned trip. Spouse won't help when other needs it

Toast

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Fustercluck. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

First, this a bit too much repetition in the dialogue and his thoughts. Things do that have to be constantly repeated.

Second, right from the beginning, she wanted separate accounts. It’s one thing at the beginning, but something else wants their living together, at least for a while. But she did not want to help in any way the man who would be her husband once he lost the job. Worse, she planned on taking a trip without him, because he could not pay. And there would be room and board, probably, with this pussy hound. That she would even consider doing this, especially not helping her husband at all, is ground enough for him to kick the hell out of the house. He owes her nothing, but she seems to think he owes her everything. Despite her please and apologies, he should’ve called an end into the relationship. Overall, a decent, but not great story. But I will give it four stars as it was interesting.

Ocker53Ocker533 days ago

I enjoyed it, thanks for the story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous