All Comments on 'An Improbable Couple Ch. 02'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Marry in haste, repenting leisure!

5

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Nice story.

Dallas makes a valid point a couple of times that rings true in real life. Mary didn't expect to have to make any changes or compromise. Dallas needed to make the changes she wanted to see. Mary and everyone else seemed to think he should have gone over to her in the bar, no one seemed to consider she could or should have gone to him.

That's one of the double standards in our society. The man is expected to sacrifice for the woman, not the other way around. If it's supposed to be an equal partnership shouldn't both parties be willing and able to do what's necessary for the relationship to work?

Even though it's a Romance rather than an LW story, the fact that she dances just as closely and sexily with other guys as she does with Dallas doesn't really bode well for their future since she doesn't think there's anything wrong with that.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

1 star. She's a selfish person who has no compassion or empathy for him, and doesn't mind cheating on him if it suits her. couple of years down the line when he's wasted his life providing for the selfish jerk, she'll cheat on him for real. He should have just found a decent woman instead to love who actually loves him, not just says the empty words not backed up by any actions or considerations whatsoever.

OffRoadDieselOffRoadDieselabout 1 year ago

They have a child and are not mature enough for marriage? Time to give up the child for adoption. Poor Dallas was drowning in bad estrogen influence and should have said “never again” to her after being turned down for marriage. Be an active dad for his child but start seeing other people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't feel that any of his concerns were addressed. He changed for her but she never did for him. He was told he was immature, "not ready for marriage" but that implies that she is ready and he needs to catch up to her in maturity. He never understood why she was so ready to have sex with him, a virgin, as soon as they went out. There are so many questions he had that weren't answered. Why not wear his engagement ring and have a long engagement? Just because you accept someone's marriage proposal doesn't mean you are getting married next week. It says you are committed to that person and the relationship, by rejecting it she caused more problems.

Honestly, feel like this needs a LW sequel that proves he was right to have all the concerns that he did. She doesn't love him unless she gets her way. What happens when he grows a back bone?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So as you said yourself He had to approach her , he had to change his job , he had to grow up, . So in short he had to toe the line. A marriage like this one will sooner or later implode. No give and take . Used to like your writing even with your tendancy for forgiveness. Now you're writing Fem-Dom lite.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Not very romantic. Dallas is going to regret this marriage. Mary is a manipulator and seems to be grooming him to accept anything she does or wants....... More like the start of a very sad LW story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

ZZZZZZ…

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

DG great writing, great story. Great effort 5 big blazing stars. Real life turmoil.and drama. I don't trust Mary. She goes out dancing with friends Aka classmates sounds to me like she just another whore! She gets busted fucking around and he is in trouble?

Fuck her, she can find some one else that wants an instant family. She didn't want to hey married cuz she was out havi g fun fucking other guys 5 big stars for my friend

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting how many readers see Mary as a potential cheater.

I though the story was about how two people learned to adapt to the different expectations they had based in their backgrounds. Interesting that Mary got no credit for seeing conflicting schedules and little time together was a prescription for disaster. I do think that she would adapt much better to marriage that what she was given credit for by the readers.

Dallas deserves credit from learning and growing and seeing a lot of complexities in married life he had not previously recognised. A good story for high school students to read for a dose of realty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Typical. He has feelings, and shares them to the reader of the story, but not to the other characters in the story. Story was kind of boring.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Spoiled going for disaster.

FireFox59FireFox59about 1 year ago

Good story. But I really don't like Mary. She just comes across as too manipulative and selfish to me. She made little effort to work around Dallas work schedule to spend any time with him or anything else yet she easily found time to spend with her friends. As long as Dallas does what she says and jumps when she says jump everything will be fine. Certainly not how my marriage works or any good marriage I know of works. She's going to be wearing the pants in the family and I think Dallas is going to regret marrying her pretty quickly. Thanks for posting and I hope you have more in the pipeline.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This marriage is a ticking time bomb. Ready to start blowing up as soon as Mary doesn't get her way or meets someone more successful and charming than Dallas. Definitely see a cheating wife story in Loving Wives category coming out of this marriage. Only a matter of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"He has feelings, and shares them to the reader of the story, but not to the other characters in the story."

Spot on comment. While he can analyse himself he has to mature in his ability to communicate before the marriage will work.

I do not agree that the MC is weak. Mary should get more respect. She was correct, with so many things working against a successful marriage, starting with two different shifts would have been a disaster. She was not perfect, but she did love him deeply and despite some unwise things, she was faithful. The parents may not have analyzed the immaturity of each of the main characters but they were correct that more maturity was needed, including a greater understanding of everything it takes for a good marriage.

The author does not seem intent on providing excitement, but understanding about real life. He did what he set out to do and did it very well. 5+

Give the author credit, he was writing Romance including happily ever after, not a LW tale.

jlg07jlg07about 1 year ago

The only thing is that i don't think he ever got the respect a wife should show. Her dancing dirty with other men? Kind of brushed under the rug. He should have confronted her asking how SHE would feel if he had been doing that?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Spoiled little rich kid, with no apparent respect or love for husband. NOT a person a reader could like or even respect.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He is a Simp and she is a bitch. A couple of years....she will be boinking some other dude because she has no respect for him. Next time it would be nicer if you wrote a story about a man and not a Simp.

The minute she said no to marriage he should have left her behind.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

10 stars! A wonderful story from the master of the written word! Did Angel ever get a brother or a sister? Before I married, I asked my now wife to marry me, and she said she had to think about it. It's been 41 good years, with 1 son, but looking back, when she said that, that should have been the end...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Two very unlikable people: she is a "high and mighty" person who shows no respect or concern for him, and acts the bitch with her sexy dancing with other men; he does not have the balls to stand up to her or either set of parents.

He should run, not walk, as far from her as he can.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He's whipped and she's spoiled.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

OUTSTANDING STORY! I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

a real nice story / plot. and well told.

Old_TimerOld_Timer8 days ago

A very nice story, a very nicely written story. 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories