...And The Big Bad Wolf

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jaisen
Jaisen
691 Followers

"Yes. Meg, you and Vivien have a nice long chat about being pregnant. We've got to go." Luc kissed Meg and grabbed his jacket.

"Where are you going?" asked Vivien. She was not happy with the look on Andrew's face.

"The Mall. The Silver Lode has been vandalized. You stay here." His voice took on that subvocal growl that raised the hairs on both Vivien and Meg's arms. Vivien nodded and kissed him goodbye.

"I'll call as soon as I know something," Luc said as they headed out the door.

"Well, do you want another cup of tea?" Meg asked as the two women headed back into the house.

"Might as well. I get the feeling we are not going home early tonight." Vivien sighed and sat down at the kitchen table as Meg put water on for tea.

"Call Ginny," Andrew said as he drove to the Mall.

"Why?"

"I want her and Patrick to go check my house. If they have attacked my shop, they may attack my home."

"Right." Luc called Ginny and explained what was going on. Next call he made was to Cal and Pete. He had them check the office. Last, but not least, he called George and explained what was going on. When he was done, they were nearly at the Mall.

"Like I told the officers, I came round the corner to head towards the office and saw the red paint all over the Silver Lode. It wasn't there when I started the shift." The janitor had repeated his story three times by now. First to the police, next to Andrew and now to the owners of the Mall.

Luc looked at the shop. "Werewolves are real." "Some bitches are real Dogs!" "Thou shall not suffer a shifter to live!" "Fuckers are hiding right under your nose! Wake up!"

"You know, they are getting more creative," Andrew said as a round man who's tie looked too tight walked over to where they stood.

"I've given the security tapes to the police," said the manager. "As soon as they are finished photographing the stuff, we'll get it cleaned off. Is there anything else you want us to check?"

"Yes. Where is the nearest communications panel?" asked Luc.

"Umm... it's round the corner next to the janitor's office. Why?"

"We've had a number of clients with issues the last few weeks, and I want to make sure that there is no damage to the Silver Lode's connection," Luc explained.

"Sure... sure. Come this way." The manager led the way, with a cop in tow. When they got to the panel, the cop checked it out first. There were fingerprints and some odd smudges. Then they opened the panel. Everything looked okay.

Luc stepped forward. He took a deep breath as he stood there tracing lines. He noted the scents and would talk to Andrew about them later. When he found the Silver Lode cable, he ran his fingers over it after the cop had dusted it. "Why am I not surprised?"

"What's the matter Luc?" asked Andrew.

"The Cat-5 is crushed. Soft pliers so that the casing didn't break, but the insides are damaged. Let me call Cal and have him bring me some cable." And let him smell the scent that's here.

"Can't it wait until morning, Mr. Moreau?" asked the manager.

"If we don't, Andrew here will have no service in the morning. Nor any security tonight. If this guy comes back, he could bust in and no one would be the wiser."

"Oh. Um... yes, by all means. Call your man. Send us the bill." The manager's face grew redder.

Luc walked away and called Cal. He came back a moment later. "Cal can be here in about fifteen minutes. Don't let anyone touch this panel."

The manager nodded and then they all walked back to the Silver Lode. Andrew and Luc sat across from the shop in the chairs for the ice cream shop. They watched as the janitors began to scrub the paint off.

"Vivien, do you want to curl up on the couch?"

"Yeah. They are taking a long time. I'm exhausted." Vivien stood, stretched and yawned.

Meg nodded and went to get a blanket. There were plenty of pillows on the couch. She came back to find Vivien taking off her shoes.

"Here's a blanket. Do you need anything else?"

"Yeah. Some sanity. Between the latest book going to press, Andrew's business perking up and now this, I'm just exhausted."

"Don't forget pregnant too."

"Oh yeah... I can't believe I didn't twig to it. I felt so stupid when the doctor told me that I didn't have the flu."

"I know the feeling. We spend all this time as 'enlightened women' and then boom! Back to the dark ages where everything is a mystery."

That made both women laugh. Meg hugged Vivien and then headed off to bed, leaving Vivien to get comfortable on the couch.

"Yeah. Same scent. Even the same undertones," said Cal as he fixed the run of Cat-5. "The office was fine, but Buttercup and Fezzik were a little unsettled. Wasn't sure if it was us coming by or if someone else had been there. Didn't smell anyone, but that doesn't help if they just drove by."

Luc and Andrew nodded. They were talking softly as the repairs were made. Luc and Cal acting like it was more than just a crushed cable, while Andrew 'observed' and also watched the rest of the people. No one was acting suspicious.

"There. All finished." Cal stood back and dusted his hands off before he began to pick up the scrap wire. "You need this for your case, Detective?" He held out the wire to a police detective.

"Yeah. Thanks."

Andrew, Luc and Cal packed up and said their goodbyes. They checked the cleanup on the shop and then headed towards Andrew's house. They hadn't heard from Ginny or Patrick and that had them all worried.

(8)

Joey wasn't the only employee the man had working for him. Ted was new and didn't know Joey existed. Nor would he ever. All he knew is that the man in the office was willing to pay him good money to destroy things. This appealed to Ted. He'd laughed at the orders he'd been given. Tonight he was suppose to feed the dogs the poisoned meat and then go break windows at this swank house in the suburbs. Oh, and he was suppose to pee on things. He'd had to wait to toss the meat over the fence of Alpha Wolf Tech. Somebody kept driving by, which made him late for the other job. He didn't have time to make sure the dogs ate the meat. He just tossed it and drove.

The neighborhood was old and quiet. The big house had lots of windows. Ted started in the back, and while he could break and enter, that only led him to a back porch. He tried the inner door, but it was well locked. Ted bashed and broke as much stuff on the back porch as possible. Then he checked the outside. No one had noticed him, so he went to the front door. The lock wouldn't jimmy. He tried slamming it with the hammer from the back porch. Nothing. Realizing that once he broke glass, that the neighbors might notice, he peed all over the front door and porch furniture. Taking one last look, he started at the corner of the porch and began breaking windows as he ran towards the back of the house. The big picture window, two side windows and a kitchen window. As he rounded the back, he took out another three windows across the back and headed down the side. He'd just reached the far side of the front porch when he heard someone pull up and start yelling. Ted headed back towards the back yard. He threw the hammer back in the last window he broke and then ran for the alley.

Ginny and Patrick pulled up, and as they got out of the car, they heard the sound of broken glass. "Ginny, call 911. I'm heading for the house." The tone of Patrick's voice would have frozen anyone else.

Ginny called 911. "I'm reporting vandalism and possible break in at..." She gave the address as she walked up to the front porch. The smell of piss filled her nose, and under it the note of fresh meat. Finishing off the call, she looked around as she called Pete. "Hey Pete. Check on Buttercup and Fezzik. Yes, I know that Cal just did. Do it. I have a bad feeling. No, but the person who just vandalized Andrew's house also smelled of bloody meat." She hung up and waited for either the police or Patrick to show up.

Ted ran down the alley. He was skinny and fast, but whoever was chasing him was good. He'd jumped a fence or two and the guy kept coming. He couldn't see him in the gathering dark. All he could think of was reaching his car that was now over six blocks behind him.

Patrick could smell the bastard. Sweat, blood and fresh piss. No Axe aftershave, but no one said that there weren't more than one. He let his body shift ever so slightly. It gave him the advantage of sight, nose and endurance. Up ahead, he watched the man jump a fence. He cleared the fence at a run, and realized that the man had started to cut back the way he came. A feral snarl curled Patrick's lips.

Ginny saw the flashing lights and watched two cars pull up. David and his partner got out of the first car. "About time you got here."

"Ginny, we've been busy. The Mall got hit."

"Yeah David, and this is Andrew's house. Someone's busted windows and peed all over the front porch."

David blinked. He looked around to see that his partner and the other cops were taking notes of the damage. "One of us?"

"No. Beer and cheap pizza, combined with beef blood."

"That's a weird mix." David was scratching his head.

"Yes, unless you wanted to poison a few dogs." Ginny watched as that sunk in.

"Have you called Pete? Cal's with Luc and Andrew."

"I'm waiting to hear back. Sara would kill anyone who hurt her babies."

"Ginny, you know, I'm not sure who's scarier. You or that little girl."

"She will be." Ginny gave David a look that sent shivers up his spine.

"Let's go join the others. Oh, and where's Patrick?"

"He's chasing the guy."

David took a deep breath. This evening was getting worse and worse.

Ted was beginning to run out of energy. The last jump over the fence had nearly broken his leg when he landed. The fucker with the computer was going to pay him double for the next job. If there was a next job. He could see his car off in the distance and began to run as fast as he could.

Patrick cleared the last fence with no problem. Half shifted, he had more than enough strength to clear it. Up ahead under the streetlights was his target. The scent of sweat was like a ribbon wafting in the breeze. Patrick noted that the guy was headed for a car. He also knew the guy would never reach it.

Ted ran. He was almost there. Fifty more feet. Then the world stopped as a ton of body slammed him to the ground. He tried to scream, but nothing came out. A hand clamped around his throat and then dragged him up. He wanted to scream again, as the face of his attacker was clear under the streetlight. Long canines, and eyes that radiated anger stared back at him. The hands around his throat kept him from doing more than squeak. Then he felt himself being dragged up the street. He'd have peed himself if he could.

Patrick dragged the man back to the front of the house. He took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down enough to face the police. He had no idea if any of them were going to be shifter friendly. By the time he reached Andrew's house, he had it together for the most part. He was glad to see David and Seth standing next to Ginny. He walked up and threw the man hard enough to make him bounce at their feet. "Hherrrs the bashtarrrd," he growled.

Ginny looked at Patrick and then back to where the other cops were working. "Settle down quickly," she said softly.

David looked at the man on the ground. He could tell by scent that it was the same man. Now the real trick would be to get him to tell them who'd hired him. "What have you to say for yourself?"

"Wasn't me," the man gasped.

"Right. We have a hammer with nice fingerprints on it and... we know it was you that pissed on the door," Seth said with a quiet whisper.

"How? No way. I want a lawyer! Hell, you haven't even arrested me." Ted was getting cocky.

Seth looked at David and then Patrick. The two men moved between the cops on the porch. Seth let his face shift just enough to show wolfish features. "I can smell you," he said in a voice full of subvocals.

Ted screamed.

Andrew and Luc pulled up in front of Andrew's house just in time to see a man being put into a cop car. David, Seth, Ginny and Patrick walked over to Luc's car. Ginny's phone rang and she turned to take the call.

"Whoever it is isn't playing nice," said Patrick.

"How much damage to the house?" asked Andrew.

"Just broken glass and pee on the front porch," said Seth. "I've called the family clean up crew, and insurance company. You and Vivien should stay in a hotel for a night or two."

"They're staying with me," growled Luc. "Any idea who's doing this?"

"No, but the guy Ted is ready to sing. We'll get his full story back at the station," said David. "Patrick here ran him down, and then Seth persuaded him that we did know he was the cause of the damage." He smiled and let a bit of fang show.

Andrew nodded. "Do any of us have an idea as to why?"

"No. But the bastard tried to get Buttercup and Fezzik again." Ginny had finally joined the conversation. "That was Pete on the phone. More poisoned meat. Buttercup is okay, but Fezzik is at the vets. Vet says he'll make it, but his days as a guard dog may be over."

"I'll contact that company we used before and get another dog," said Luc. He walked off to make the call.

Andrew looked at the two cops. "Shall we follow you? Or is this strictly police business?"

"For now, stay here and deal with the clean up crew. Then go back and cuddle Vivien. I'll call you if we find anything," said David. Then he and Seth left with the other policemen to book and question Ted.

Vivien dreamed she was in the softest bed she'd every had. Warm, soft and very safe.

The wolves were protecting the red furred mate. Her pups would be safe. Her mate curled around her first, and the other two kept turns watching for danger. The biggest wolf of all paced from one room to the next. He moved from his pups to his mate and back. The pups were in a big pile. Two small pups and three bigger ones. His mate was restless. When he checked on his pack mates, the older wolf raised his head from his mates pillow. The two of them nodded. One went back to sleep while the other walked.

Deep in his office, the man sat at the computer. He was destroying files and getting ready to move. His police band radio had served him well. He knew that Joey had gotten away, while Ted had been captured. He'd have to make some new contacts and change a few plans. However, he still had everything in line for the next few weeks.

(9)

"Anything on the address the guy gave us?" Seth asked a cop that walked into his office.

"No. Someone has been there, but all they left were scrapes on the floor, ashes in a trash can and from what I can tell, they threw full strength Lysol over everything. Weird shit."

"Thanks. I'll send one of my guys over to see if he can find any prints."

The cop nodded and left the room.

"Lysol?" David asked as he walked around the corner.

"Uhuh. He's trying to burn out noses. So, he must know that we shift and have sensitive noses. Who around here is that kinda crazy?"

"I don't know, Seth. Shall we go over and see if we can scent anything?"

Seth nodded. Grabbing jackets, they headed out.

An hour later, they had a slight hint of scent, but nothing to even make good on the promise of finishing the job.

"The guy's good. No fingerprints, and that Lysol shit burns your nose." Seth was wiping his face for the third time.

David nodded. "Have you checked the dumpsters down the alley?"

"What? You think this guy is stupid enough to throw stuff away from his office?"

"Yes." The two men stood up and headed out the door.

He laughed. Using binoculars, he could watch the cops poke around from his new office. In many ways, this one was better than the old office. All he had to do was open a hatch and everything would fall into a chute headed straight for the incinerator. Plus, the homeless shelter was sending him two more workers. Tonight, there would be another series of incidents for the police to puzzle out.

"Hey David! Could this be anything?" Seth held up a bag of garbage.

David walked over and sniffed. There was a faint scent, but not enough. "No. Let's go back and talk to Ted." The two men headed back to their car.

Vivien woke up to find herself covered in wolves. Around the wolves were five little faces. "Umm... good morning."

"Morning Aunty Twizzler. Are you hungry?"

"Yes Sara, I am. Is Aunty Meg cooking?"

"No. It's Unky Wolfy cooking. Meg and Ginny went over to your house to get some things for you."

Vivien sat up, moving Andrew's head off of her leg. He weighed a ton. "And why are they doing that?"

"Because the mean guys hurt your house. Unky Wolfy says you can't leave the house. And if you try, we're to wake up Patrick and Andrew." Sara pointed at the two big wolves.

"Gotcha. I'm in wolfy protective custody eh?"

"Yeah. Just like in Moonlit Wolf Passion."

"Sara! You aren't suppose to be reading those books!"

"We don. Bitty an 'Solde were talkin' about 'em." Joe said softly.

"Oh. Good. Those are adult books," said Vivien.

Ivan and Joe nodded. Sara just looked at Vivien. "Aunty Twizzler, when are you gonna write a book about us?"

"Maybe in a year or two. I'm going to be busy for a little while."

"We knows! Twins! Just like Aunty Meg." Sara looked superior as she spoke.

"Twins? Um... we don't even know that yet."

Sara smiled. "We do."

Vivien didn't know whether to believe the girl or not. She decided not to challenge the assumptions. "Well, I think I'll go see what Unky Wolfy is cooking." She dislodged Andrew and stepped over Patrick. She walked into a kitchen redolent with the smell of bacon and pancakes. "Luc, it smells wonderful."

"Hope so. Things have been a little crazy."

"Shouldn't you be at work?"

"I have the morning off. I'll go in with the twins at noon." He turned back to the bacon and pancakes cooking on the stove.

Vivien looked at the clock. It was barely 9am. "Okay. Everyone else trying to figure out what happened?"

"Yes. Most important thing is for you to stay here. Close to Ginny and Patrick. Meg's going into work and so will I. Andrew is keeping you close. Sandy and a few others will be by during the day."

"Alright." Vivien sat down with a cup of tea and tried to figure out what she was going to do. She no sooner took her first sip, than Andrew and Patrick walked into the room.

"We sent the kids off to get ready for school," said Patrick. "I called them in absent for the morning. Everything is quiet there, so don't worry. Charles says he is taking care of things."

"Yeah. I'll still feel better when I get there." Luc flipped food onto plates and handed them to people.

When Meg and Ginny returned, Patrick and Andrew went to see how the house was fairing. Luc took the kids to school and the three women relaxed. Sandy was in the living room and Cal had brought Fezzik over. The poor dog looked like someone had beaten him. He woofed hello and then curled up on a blanket and went to sleep.

"Doc says he'll be okay. We have to treat him like an old man now. Easy on the food and exercise for a while. Oh, and let Luc know that the company we got Buttercup and Fezzik from are delivering two new dogs today."

"Oh, and what are their names?" asked Ginny.

Cal smiled. "Val and Max."

"Huh? No Princess Bride names?"

"Oh, you should rewatch the movie. Valerie is the wife of Miracle Max."

That brought laughter from everyone.

"The owner said that Val and Max were a litter behind Buttercup and Fezzik," said Cal.

"Will they be alright with our two dogs?" asked Ginny.

"He assured me that they would after a brief bit of adjustment time. I'll be there when they come in. Should be interesting." Cal smiled remembering when Buttercup and Fezzik first arrived. All gruff and nasty for about twenty seconds. Then they rolled on their backs and whined to be petted.

Jaisen
Jaisen
691 Followers