...And The Big Bad Wolf

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jaisen
Jaisen
692 Followers

Andrew walked into the room, saw who it was and growled. "Patrick, just do it. Or let me."

Patrick sighed, and broke Eric Sunberry's neck.

They stood there for a few minutes after Eric's body stopped twitching. "What now?" asked Patrick. He'd been shocked to see who it was as were the others.

"We need to bury him," said Andrew. "Somewhere that no one will find him. Not on family property."

"We need a tarp. Something to wrap him in." Luc strode off to look around the rest of the building. He was back in about five minutes with what looked like an old Persian carpet. "This will do."

The men lifted the body and rolled up the carpet. They tied it with a chunk of rope. Luc dumped the computer and phone down the incinerator chute along with a few other bits and pieces. Then the three of them moved the bundle downstairs and into the back of Patrick's truck. The three of them got in and drove off.

An hour later had them in a deserted field near an abandoned building. Patrick shoveled, while Luc had shifted and was digging fast. Andrew stood next to the truck, keeping a lookout. When the hole was deep enough, Luc leapt out and shifted back. "Let's get this over with."

They lifted the body and placed it in the bottom of the grave. The three of them filled it in and stamped down the dirt. They dragged some rocks, branches and boards from the house over the spot as well. Andrew stood there for a moment.

"What are you saying Andrew?"asked Patrick as he and Luc climbed into the truck

"Better luck next time round the wheel!" Andrew said. Then he walked back over to the truck and climbed in.

(16)

They stopped at a car wash when they got into town and cleaned the truck. Then they headed back to Alpha Tech's office. As they pulled up, they saw fire trucks, police, Cal and Peter off to one side with the three watch dogs. The office was a smoking ruin. The men got out of the truck and ran over to Cal.

"What the hell happened?" asked Luc.

"We had an arsonist," said Peter. "Almost trapped us. Kevin got burned a bit, but not bad. Dr. Jeff sent an ambulance."

"Yeah,we were out in the yard. Buttercup and Val started howling. Asshole put a lock on the gate from the outside and then lit the building. He stood to watch us burn, but I got a pair of bolt cutters and cut the fence. Max went out first and grabbed him," said Cal.

Luc patted the dogs on the head and then heard his name being called. A fireman and a couple of policemen were heading their way.

"Luc Moreau?" asked one.

"Yes."

"Um, we need to talk to you about this arsonist. Got him over in the ambulance. Your dogs chewed him up pretty good."

"So, he burned down my office."

The fireman nodded. "Yeah, but we have to follow procedure." The two of them walked over to the fire chief's car where he stood talking to other firemen. "This is Mr. Moreau, Chief."

The fire chief turned. "Sorry about the building. We got here as quick as we could, but he must have used a couple of gallons of home made napalm."

Luc looked at the side of the building that was still smoldering under layers of foam. "Looks like it."

"You been having issues lately? Who hates you bad enough to do something like this?" asked the chief.

"I have no idea. We have had some trouble the last few weeks, but nothing concrete enough to pin on anyone. What does our pyro have to say?" Luc pointed at the man on a gurney swathed in bandages.

"That piece of work says a guy called him and gave him a job. Suppose to pay him $1000 to burn out werewolves."

Luc's face screwed up in a look of incredulity. "What?"

"Yeah. And once he got the job done, he was suppose to take pictures and then go meet some bum at a homeless shelter to collect his money."

"Wow. Um... Have you talked to the police? I know that one of our vandals had some contact at a homeless shelter too. Wonder if it is the same person."

"I'll let you know when I file the report. Are you filing charges?"

"Yes. Otherwise my insurance won't pay up. I lost a lot of inventory here, not to mention the building and the business that will have to be postponed." Luc stuck his hands in his pockets and sort of rocked back and forth on his feet.

The chief nodded. "Let's get this paperwork done and you guys can go home. I don't think there's anything left in the building." He pointed to the side and Luc as well as the rest of the men could see how the fire bloomed inside the building.

Cal walked up to Luc and the chief. "Boss, um... I've got enough gate and fence to pull across the gap. You want me to secure it?"

Luc nodded. "Do we have enough security to keep the dogs here?"

"Yes. Buttercup here deserves a medal, as does Max."

Luc smiled. "Need some help?"

"No, Peter, Andrew and Patrick can help. Go do what you have to Boss." Cal smiled and walked off.

"Buttercup? Max?" asked the fire chief.

"Yeah. The security company we use has a Princess Bride thing going." Luc sighed and took the paperwork and began filling it out.

Kevin was wrapped in bandages and laying in bed when Luc and the rest of them walked in. "Did we lose the whole building?"

"Most of it. You going to be okay?" Luc tried not to think about what Kevin's face looked like under the bandages.

"Yeah. Just not going to be such a pretty boy anymore. That damn stuff stuck to everything."

"The fire chief said it was homemade napalm. Alcohol, rubber and something else. Nasty stuff."

Kevin looked at the faces of the other men. "Okay, what happened."

Patrick looked out the door and then closed it. The rest set down and then Luc began. "You have to keep this between just us guys."

"Okay. Why? Ginny is going to be pissed if you don't tell her who this is and why they are doing it."

"Was. And Ginny may get to know. Maybe not." Luc was quiet and serious.

Kevin looked at them again. "What happened."

"It was Eric Sunberry, and he is dead."

"Oh shit."

Once they left Kevin, they stood outside in the parking lot and talked. Finally, Andrew pulled out his cell phone and called Vivien. He walked as he talked. "Hello. Yes, we are alright. Yes, we found the bastard and took care of the situation. Let Ginny and Meg know that we are all okay, but that the office is a charred ruin. We will all be on vacation for a bit. Yes. Yes. Okay. See you in a few days. Love you Vivien." He hung up the phone. "That was uncomfortable."

Luc nodded. Thirty seconds later, his phone rang. "Hello,..." He walked off as Patrick's rang as well. Patrick hung up before Luc.

"I take it Ginny didn't take the 'we will talk about it in private' easily?" asked Andrew.

"No. She didn't. Not surprised though." He looked off to where Luc was pacing and still talking on the phone. "Doesn't look as if Meg is too happy either."

Andrew shook his head. "I do not look forward to keeping secrets from Vivien."

"No, it's going to be dicy." Patrick looked down at his shoes.

"Here's hoping that he just disappeared off the radar and no one knows a thing."

Patrick nodded.

Three days later, Patrick, Andrew, Luc and Fezzik drove up to the Bed and Breakfast. They'd called the clients they hadn't been able to fit in to the abbreviated schedule and postponed the work. They'd also dealt with insurance agents, police, the fire department and two calls from the local newspapers trying to cash in on a possible story.

"Daddie!" cried Elliot and Linsey as they came running out of the front door of the bed and breakfast.

Luc scooped up his children and held them tight. Other small bodies wrapped around him. Sara, Ivan and Joe were hugging him too.

"We missed you Unky Luc!" cried the trio.

"Tell us a story Daddie!" said Elliot.

"In a bit. I'll tell you a story." He sat his children down on the ground to be hugged by Meg.

"He'll huff and he'll puff!" the children chanted as they ran back inside.

"So, are you going to fill us in, or do we have to wait until after the cubs are asleep?" Meg asked.

"It would be better if we waited." Luc hugged her, happy that everyone was safe.

(17)

George closed the door to the dining room. Angie brought in coffee and Meg followed with a platter of peanut butter cookies. Everyone had found a place to sit. Andrew held Vivien in his arms on the couch, while Ginny paced.

"So, what happened?" Ginny nearly barked.

"We tracked the guy to a warehouse behind the homeless shelter," Luc started. "He'd set up an office on the top floor."

"Okay. So what grudge did he have against us, or did you forget to ask?" Ginny asked.

"We knew. It's all part of that werewolf newspaper and dangerous beasts amongst us bunch," said Patrick. He knew he was skirting the edge of the truth, but it was still true enough.

"So, did you buy him off?" asked Vivien. She remembered that had been one solution.

"No, we didn't. When we found him, he was talking to an arsonist while watching the twin's classroom," Andrew said quietly. He was doing his best to keep his heartbeat steady.

"Then what happened?" asked Meg. She was watching the three men. She had a feeling that something was up, but not what.

"Well, there was a bit of a fight. I grabbed him, and during the struggle, he twisted and I... I broke his neck." Patrick looked down at the floor, and took a deep breath. The room was silent.

Finally, Ginny broke the silence. "So, did you eat him?"

"What?" the three men said all at once.

"You heard me. What happened to the body? Did you call the police? Or, at least David and Seth? Or did you leave it somewhere?"

Luc took a sip of his coffee. "We... um... dumped it. The building had this incinerator unit. A dump all and it burns kinda thing. So we used it. Got rid of the computer, chair, his clothes and every trace of him."

"So there is no body? Do you know who he really was?" asked Angie. She'd been watching the men too.

"There is no body. Everything burned. We checked. As to who he was, a guy named Bubba from the homeless shelter is all we knew. He wasn't, but that was his cover. No real ID card or anything. Not even a drivers license."

"And right after we left the warehouse, we found out that the arsonist had torched the office," said Patrick.

"Kevin got burned, but Max chewed up the arsonist a bit," Luc added.

"Are we going to have to worry about anything showing up? Vivien asked.

"No." Luc shifted in his seat. "David and Seth are keeping an eye on things. As far as the cops are concerned, the arsonist was the guy doing everything."

No one said a word after that. Angie used the break in conversation to pass out more coffee and cookies. The men got caught up on the happenings at the Bed & Breakfast. Ginny walked over to Luc. She said something softly, and then walked off.

"Anyone up for a run tonight?" asked George. He wanted to hear what else happened and knew from the looks on the three men that it wouldn't be discussed in front of Meg, Vivien or Angie. Sometimes justice was a little rougher than most people expected.

Most of the men nodded. Andrew looked down at Vivien. "I think I'll just cuddle with Vivien tonight."

Vivien twisted to look at Andrew. "Go run. You know you'll feel better. Besides, how often do you get to hunt up in the mountains?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You can make mad passionate love to me after you shower." She smiled and kissed him on the nose.

The wolves ran. Grass whispered under their feet. Trees flew by in the moonlit darkness. Rabbits scattered. A buck turned down the wrong path, and before it could change direction, it was dead. Neck broken by a leap that torqued the neck nearly 180 degrees. The wolves feasted. When they were done, they ran again. Through the stream, up the mountain until exhausted at last, they collapsed on a rock outcropping.

Ginny shifted first. She sat relaxed against a rock. She waited for the rest of them, wondering if they'd tell her the truth. George walked in next, followed by Luc and Patrick. Andrew was last and sat next to Ginny.

"So, what really happened? What wouldn't you say in front of the others?"

Luc started, but Andrew raised a hand to silence him. After a second, he spoke. "We knew who it was. That's why he's dead. We didn't burn the body, we buried him way out in the countryside."

"Who was it?" asked George.

Luc, Patrick and Andrew looked at each other. Silent nods followed. Luc cleared his throat. "When we walked in, he knew us as well as we knew him. There was a fight. Patrick grabbed him and tried to hold on to him. When Andrew realized exactly who it was, he asked Patrick to kill him or said that he would."

"And I couldn't let Andrew do that. So I broke his neck." Patrick took a deep breath.

"Would you three quit stalling!" Ginny was getting pissed. She wasn't mad that the man had been killed, but that her mate and the other two were dancing around like their feet burned.

"Ginny, George, I have to ask you to never say who it was. Swear to me as the head of the family." Luc stood and held out his hand face up.

Ginny blinked. She stood and covered his hand with hers. George stood as well, and his hand covered both hands. "I swear," they both said.

"It was Eric Sunberry."

"Fuck! No wonder you didn't want to say." Ginny was still swearing ten minutes later. George was simply dumbfounded.

"I couldn't let him live," said Andrew.

"And I couldn't let him either." Patrick's tone was cold.

"Nor I. He was planning to kidnap all five children. What he did with them afterwards, who knows. However, he was one slick, sick bastard." Luc wrapped his arms around his legs.

"Does anyone know he's missing? Besides us?" asked Patrick. "Has Vivien's parents called?"

"No. Not that I know of," said Ginny. "She would have said something if they had.

"How likely is it that the body will be found?" George finally found his voice.

"We took it out pretty far. Unless there is some major event like a flash flood or fire, I doubt it will be soon. And when they do, we will be there for Vivien and hopefully enough time will have passed." Andrew's voice was tired.

"Shit. I'm glad the bastard is dead after everything he set into motion, but damn. What a mess." Ginny gave Andrew a hug. He returned it.

"Just one last thing to do," Andrew said as he stood. He walked out to the middle of the clearing. He raised his arms as if to gather the moon in his arms. The rest of them gathered around him. "We gather under the moon, in the woods and beneath open skies to remember a man who lost his mind and in doing so threatened family, pack and people we love. Eric Sunberry, you were a man bent on dishonoring your family. Bent on destruction. While you caused plenty of damage, in the end you lost. You paid the ultimate price. May the lessons you learned echo in your soul, and a reminder for you next time around the wheel." Andrew lowered his arms, turned and shifted.

The wolves scruffed up the dirt where they'd stood a moment earlier and then ran. They ran across meadows and through trees until they reached the den where their mates slept. The biggest of them dropped his burden and nudged open a door. The rest followed him inside. Three wolves ran up the stairs, while another followed the first.

Wolf checked on his cubs. He snuffed and whiffled over them, taking in their scent. Assured that they were safe, he moved to the den where his mate slept. Jumping up on the bed, he turned three times and then settled next to her.

Meg put an arm over Luc, knowing that he'd stay shifted until morning.

Wolf sniffed the air. His mate was still awake. He let go of his form, and shifted. Andrew looked at Vivien. "I thought you'd be asleep."

"I was. I woke up being kicked in the bladder."

Andrew moved towards the bed. "Are they still kicking?" He reached a hand towards her belly.

"Yes."

Andrew put a hand on Vivien's belly and felt the slight movement. He smiled and then began to croon softly at the babies.

The two wolves raced towards the upper floor. They fell over each other as they entered the room. They scrambled to be quiet as they noticed three dark heads on the bed. The male nudged the female out of the room and down the hall. The male shifted and opened the door. The female shot through the opening and into the room.

"Bath?"

"Yes, and then hopefully, some sleep." Patrick had finally relaxed and the strain of the last few days showed on his face.

"You going to be okay?" Ginny walked up and hugged her mate.

"Yes. As long as Vivien never finds out," he said softly. "This has been too much like combat, and I have to admit I'm still jittery."

Ginny looked into his eyes. "You are a good man. You did what needed done. I love you." She reached up and kissed him. Patrick kissed her back as he walked them towards the bathroom.

Wolf checked his den. All of it. He headed back to the door and then shifted.

George picked up the haunch of deer meat and stuffed it in the fridge. He'd take care of it in the morning. Then he turned off the lights and headed down to his room. He was surprised to find Angie awake. He'd heard other conversations, so he knew she wasn't the only one awake.

"Have a good run?"

"Yes. Needed." He headed towards the shower. As the water ran over his body, he felt Angie move in behind him. Her hands on his body felt good.

"Anything you can tell me?"

"No. Vowed not to."

"That bad?"

George nodded.

"I'm sorry. Are we, the family really safe?"

"Yes."

"Then it's alright." Angie hugged George, and they stood there under the water as he shuddered.

(18)

"So, it's decided?" Meg asked. The family had spent almost a week relaxing and planning out what would be done.

"Yes. We'll head home while the twins and terrors stay up here with Angie and George. That way we can supervise the reconstruction of the office and get the business up and running." Luc leaned back in his chair.

George nodded and Angie smiled. They'd been enjoying the sounds of children running around the B & B.

"And we will be heading home to finish up the nursery and getting ready for the twins." Andrew grinned at Vivien. She nodded.

"Do you want us to bring you anything back from Canada?" asked Patrick. He and Ginny were planning to meet up with Rose and go through more of the information on the family that was at her mother's house.

Luc shook his head no, as did the rest. "Just lots of pictures and information. We still have some missing family to track down." Luc pointed at the genealogy list in front of Ginny.

A phone rang and Vivien pulled her cell phone out of her pocket. "Hi Mom!" she answered and began to walk off to talk privately. Andrew cocked his head so that an ear was facing Vivien on the far side of the kitchen.

"Oh shit," Andrew said softly.

"What?" asked George.

"Just wait. She'll tell us in a minute." Andrew looked over at Vivien, who was pale. She walked over and sat down next to Andrew.

"That... that was my mom."

"Yes? Is everything okay?"

"No, it isn't. The out patient facility where Eric has been working with called to say that he was missing."

"Missing?" asked Meg.

"Yes. He didn't show up for his appointment this week, and when the facility manager went to check on him, his house was empty. No one had any idea of how long he'd been gone. The house was neat and tidy."

"Didn't... didn't he have to check in once a week?" asked Andrew.

"No, it was twice a month," Vivien answered. "Mom's really upset and Dad was grousing in the background."

"How do you feel Vivien?" asked Patrick.

She looked at him and sort of smiled. "I know this sounds wrong, but I'm almost not upset. I'm sad that he's upset Mom and Dad, but if he decided to leave, it's his problem. I mean, his wife divorced him and the kids don't see him anymore. Does that make me a bad person?"

Jaisen
Jaisen
692 Followers