All Comments on 'Angie Ch. 02'

by bmunchausen

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
m62cygm62cygover 13 years ago
Keep it up

you sure write a good tale, more please

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great story!!

I REALLY ENJOYED THIS STORY. KEEP ON WRITING. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Keep Going - I like it!

I'm enjoying the story very much and look forward to more of your writing.

I am a typical white male and I have been with my 'lady of colour' for 30 years now. We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary a few months ago. I will say that my family were fully accepting of my choice of life companion from the beginning but I have seen many cross cultural/race relationships struggle because of animosity from one family or the other (or both). Your story probably rings true for a lot of people.

katibkatibover 13 years ago
Beautiful

In every way -- beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wonderful story

Your writing is excellent. I can't wait to read more. You put in dialog that really brings the characters to life. I had tears of joy rolling down my cheeks on the last two pages. Keep up the good work.

camr4656camr4656almost 11 years ago
Another G R E A T S T O R Y!!!!

Thank you, ever so much, for another great story. Keep up the really G R E A T work.

Thanks again.

ManofMithgarManofMithgarover 10 years ago
Wonderful

A very touching story of life, forgiveness and love can conquer all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Damn faggot and his vile fantasies !

Fucking degenerate ! 1* .

camr4656camr4656over 9 years ago
Love?/?/?/

Wow: Love conquers all. This story is simply GREAT!!!! Thank you ever so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A somewhat mixed bag

On tge one hand I love how everyone lives happily ever after.

Yet it just seems a lut bit unrealistic to me. Yes I know this is a fiction site, so it is to be expected and it doesn't hinder the story at all.

Overall a story that is dream enspirer.

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 9 years ago
I liked the story -- both chapters -- very much

The people weren't drawn with very much depth, but they were real, and consistent. The mellowing of the mother was gradual, took place over time, and seemed believable. There are lots of changes that take place when people get well along in their sixties, so to me, it didn't seem hard to take.

Of course, the constant thread was the love of William and Angie, and it never let up. It tied their lives together beginning in early childhood and was a refreshing change from the many (way too many) stories about people cheating and marriages ending in bitterness.

You'll see readers' comments about this whole relationship being too pat. Pay no attention. This is not War and Peace. Readers must learn to take a story for what it is. Air Possum was an in-depth study of people changing over time and accommodating changes: in themselves, in others, and in the world they lived in. This is totally different: more compact in scope, simpler, lighter. Both are good, substantial, well written stories, and by their differences they display your versatility.

I suppose that writing about a love that crosses the color line is going to draw some fire from people who think that such a thing is an abomination before God. Such comments indict the reader far more than the writer. It must have taken courage to write this story, and to post it. I'm very glad you did, and I respect your integrity for sticking with this project. You're a good writer and a good man!

Thank you for sharing William and Angie with us.

Hans

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Lovely!

Very good story.

He keeps reminding me of mine. Finally, my parents accepted my marriage and our son, 18 years after we were married. Unfortunately, my mother spent 4 years later and then my father 8 years later. Many times, it is the children (or the grandchildren) who arrange everything.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous