All Comments on 'Annie Oakley and Buffalo Bill Ch. 02'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 12 years ago
I told you so

as I posted in the first chapter, our heroes rode off into a Colorado sunset. All it took was a little patience by us the readers and all is right with the world. And yet it doesn't feel right. It was too easy and the bad guys caved too soon and too completely. So where as I gave ***** for the first chapter I can only give **** for the second. Still a good story by a great author.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
POV of the Second Chance woman

Good story, but I would like 1 epilogue sequel because I do not know anything Buffalo Bill's exwife and the common future of Annie and Bill. Very good invent was from the Author to use POV of the Second Chance woman. *****

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
AS ALL THE OLD GUNSLINGERS FOUND TO THE THEIR DISMAY

you dont mess with the Buffalo and Annie O. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 FOR FM.eyes only

CH1 WAS GOOD...CH 2 WAS BETTER....IF PERCHANCE THEIR IS TO BE AN EPILOG IT WILL RANK WITH THE REST OF THE STORY, and THEIR WERE SOME OLD TIMERS IN LEADVILLE AND OTHER COLORADO TOWNS, tk u mlj lv nv

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
Mercy Me ! Dickens ... I Mean Francis Macomber Chronicles The Saga of A Slender, Texas Rose.

Look it's simple. Really. This story is from the heart & if you are looking to nitpick & point out petty inconsistencies with how the world ' really works ' . Well buddy , this story is a all day sucker. To me, though, that person is 'the real sucker' . This author grows on a reader who is willing to relax & succumb to a charming quasi-fable.

Andy Griffith died recently. When you watch reruns of his shows, its hardto remember they were created against the background of the 60's. There was no actual Mayberry and in real life sheriffs carry their bullets chambered and ready, not in their pockets. The stories of that town beguile to this day regardless of their reality quotient.

This story is for those of us who can take a deep breath & let a talented story teller do his thing. How real & probable are his words? I'm not for sure. If you must have reality - go read the newspaper or watch ' Teen Mom' or 'Jersey Shore' . Snooki awaits your discerning eye. Good luck with that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
It isn't Buffalo Bill Hitchcock

Maybe the title should have been Annie Oakley and Wild Bill. Buffalo Bill's last name was Cody.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I really like your story. Chapter 2 made it hot and arousing at the end ! I think we need another few chapters about Annie and Bill going to Colorado and their HOT antics. You can't just leave the story hanging like this. If Annie is that hot then you need to use it. Thank you.

SKHPSKHPalmost 12 years ago
The attorney could have been Miz Sara

And the story was as good as your Miz-Sara-series. You must have a favour for couraged elderly attorneys winning against all the odds.

5*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 12 years ago
Anon repeated what I stated yesterday.

Buffalo Bill Hitchcock was a real stretch. His nickname would be Wild Bill. The real problem that I saw was the main plot device..the fact that the standards were switched on the girl the day she did her report. She would have a copy of the standards that she used for her report. She would immediately see that they had changed. How could she not? If she knew she did her report correctly and suddenly it is wrong, she would know the requirements had changed. It would not be some stroke of genius three months later. The story made her sound sharp for realizing that the boss pulled the switcheroo, but in reality, she would have to be a total moron to not have seen it immediately. To me, that was a huge flaw in the story. This was pretty much a straight line story with no surprises at all. It was a romance. There was very little conflict, nor emotion expended. It had a happy ending, but the journey there was unremarkable, and the plot hole was a crater. This writer is very talented and this was far from his best work. It happens. We all know that!

PultoyPultoyalmost 12 years ago
A sweet love story that tells...

...about a girl who comes into the awareness of her beauty and power, about the triumph of good over evil.

Since this is the author's story, if he wants to name his characters he is allowed to, regardless of how it butcher's some sensibilities.

It was a happy story. Plot holes notwithstanding, it serves a purpose here and I give it 5*****.

Regards,

-Pultoy

MadBrownMadBrownalmost 12 years ago
BOSSES' ABRUPT ABUSE NOT CREDIBLE

Sorry for criticism but a boss would have been a bit more circumspect in his punishment of a female employee, especially one who is highly intelligent. His treatment of her simply didn't ring true. But it didn't detract from my vote of 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
CUTE STORY, BUT NOT BELIEVABLE, A FAIRY TALE.

IN REAL WORLD this would never happen,bill going to her house to find her to be a witness,her finding inner strength from the laywer ,her being made up all within days of a trial,her strong testimony, her finding the mistake that lost the case. a next day phone call and a hudge settlement without even a challange. all this happening in a few days. we all know or should know our court system does not work like that.. my friend won a settlement from a hospital where the oxygen suppling the patient cut off to leave a brain injury. after 7 years he was awarded 15 million dollars , they draged it on for another 8 years and he settled for 7 million. that is 15 years later and for half the amount awarded. so much for quick settlements.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 12 years ago
has unreal elements

But annie has some believability.Her believing she was at fs

fault is common,being brought up in a culture like small town Texas where women are still considered daughters of eve seducing men,or that she could be aroused in a rape scenario,would make her likely to believe she was at fault (don't believe me?I recently read comments from pro life congressman who argued that children conceived in rape were not unwanted by the mom,since her body wouldn't have lubricated or been able to conceive if she didn't want it..qed).It.prob wouldn't have been that easy in a Texas court,where attitudes are still 19th century and big business is king...prob would be easier in federal court where an Eeo complaint would have been easier to get justice for. The only person more vile thenjorgenson was his wife,she saw women like annie and betty getting hurt abd let them hang,especially annie.

Frances,only sorry you didn't bring ms sarah snd marcy into this:)

curioussscuriousssalmost 12 years ago
Hmm.........

...........OK, I was a little premature with yesterdays comments.

A nice ending but a little trite.

Believability had to be suspended on this one I'm afraid.

It's been an intriguing little tale but this was not your best work FM.

You can do, and have done, better than this!

However, I love your stories and will wait patiently for your next gem.

I appreciate your talent and thank you for your time and effort.

N

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Good story

But sort of expected and thus not very exciting. The heroine was very believable.

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
4 stars

It was a nice story. While it lacked the emotional punch of some of your other work, it substituted a David vs. Goliath legal drama. Maybe it all came together a little perfunctorily, and with a bow on top. One thing that kind of left me a little uneasy was the child-like naivete of Annie; her thinking, language and demeanor suggested a girl in her teens-which left a kind of creepy feeling in me. Still, I'm a sucker for happy endings, and so I'm glad for Bill and Annie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Who cares if it is believable.

I enjoyed the story. So what if some of it was a bit predicatable. If you enjoyed it, just say, Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
You are a good author, FM

I have enjoyed your work every time.

I did enjoy this story as well, all the way through to the conclusion, and gave you 4 stars for both.

Even so, there were no surprises. I even guessed that the smoking gun would be the online procedures. Regardless, not every story has to have a big reveal at the end. Even though I knew how the entire thing was going to unfold, I still enjoyed the ride.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

awesome i love the revenge on that rapist bastard

jeeter4ujeeter4uover 11 years ago
Delightful

Really good FM! Reminded me of True Grit, The Ugly Duckling, and Cinderella but on a mature and credible level. The joy was having you fulfill the hopes I had for all of the characters in the story. That I could sense the progression was of lesser importance the having you tell it to me. Excellent job and technically proficient.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good read

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Just garbage.

"1*" !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Missed shot 2

The story recovered - but was never the same.

I would describe the style of writing as sketchy rather than your usual well drawn characters - what was the hurry?

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Pulled it out -

And pretty well too - the ugly duckling reference works well -

She learns about herself and takes charge of her life and her needs - nice work - better yet in the end she communicates with her partner which sets up a long happy future -

Nice job -

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years ago
I Liked it.

I thought your choice of names was a turn off. I skipped the story when I saw it the first time. Came back though, and enjoyed it. Gave it a five. What I don't get is where some people would read something all the way through, get angry and give it a one. If they disliked the content or the plot that much, then why did they finish it, and if they finished it, wouldn't it rate more than a one?

Tim413Tim413almost 11 years ago
"prideful"!

I haven't seen/heard that word since John Travolta's character in "Urban Cowboy." I didn't think it was a real word until I just now looked it up. I liked chap 2 better than chap 1, but........ I know this is fiction, but civil suits generally take years to come to trial. Additionally, Annie did not sue COG so they did not owe her anything to settle THIS suit. A little extra explanation could have indicated that COG was "settling" with her in return for her written promise that she would not sue them at some future date.

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Entertaining Read***

Not as strong as some of your other works, but still a good read. Thanks for sharing.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Merci Mille fois

Thanks again for his little gem of a story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A "3" ...

Would have preferred to see Jorgenson taken "out back" by Bill, beaten within an inch of his rapist life & castrated with a butter knife! As for Bill's WHORE wife, have him leave her penniless on a downtown Houston street corner where she can put all three of her holes to work doing what cheating whores do best! Now that would make this story a "5"!

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
Shure as shootin'...

....despite the thorns, the Yellow Rose of Texas got herself pollinated!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Re Buffalo Bill’s Name

You tell them, Pultoy! Who CARES that his last name is Hitchcock? He got his nickname from his college days handling the buffalo mascot, NOT from his name being the same as the Old West character. And should the author change the character’s last name to Cody just because that was the “real” Buffalo Bill’s last name?

mcbsmcbsalmost 9 years ago
Over the Top, But Good

The settlement was a bit exaggerated, but nevertheless a good story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Second time through...

enjoyed it just as much. Thanks!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Further Thought

@Harddaysknight – I somewhat agree that how could she not see that the procedures that Kurt showed her WEREN’T the ones that she had, but I could maybe chalk that up to her being intimidated by him. What I find harder to understand is how they could have changed THAT much for her reports to be THAT wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@sbrooks

I can actually envision several ways that a procedure change could result in a large difference - reporting earnings/gallon vs. earnings/ton is a simple example. Plus, with accounting, a penny difference gets to cost tens of dollars to track down and annotate.

But, there is a simpler plot hole here...she is not an accountant, but an auditor; she has to double-check that the values are correct based on the procedure in place DURING THE PERIOD BEING ACCOUNTED FOR.

So, it would have actually been a mistake for her to apply the new procedure retroactively. Still a great read though :-)

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
alls well that ends well

A good read but really lacking the drama and angst of some of your better stories.

Annie didn't come across as submissive to me. She seemed to lack confidence but knew she was capable and professional. So I really don't thing she would have allowed Kurt to do what he did without first giving him a good slap before attempting to walk out of his office.

Also, if Kurts wife held the power in their relationship, would she really put up with what he was doing with/to other women ? It's humiliating for her and potentially lethal to the company.

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
I liked the story

but can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to live in Houston, job or no job. I went to Houston in 1969 and when I left I made sure I took everything I had brought so I wouldn't have to go back. 3 days there was enough.

On the comments, I think the commenter who mentioned the difference between an accountant submitting a report and an auditor submitting a report concerning the audit. Her report should have reflected the rules pertaining to the initial report's time period. I liked the use of some colloquialisms in the story as they were presented tongue-in-cheek by the Colorado boy. And her insecurities were more than believable, for any background. So, I guess I have to give you 5 stars because the 6th star doesn't show up on my computer.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
A Willing Suspension Of Disbelief....

....is definitely required here. The plot hole about the audit procedures, as others have pointed out, is a bit much. Annie certainly knew that she had done her report based on the procedures that were in place, so the blindsiding in Kurt's room was clearly a setup.

I enjoyed the story nonetheless, though I felt that the end was a bit rushed. I've found most of your work here (that I've read so far) to be exceptional, and look forward to the rest of my journey through your body of work.

Going back now to drop 5* on chapter 1....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
AICPA

The error or stating COG's accounting standards should be addressed. Accounting standards are set by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, else there would no uniformity among the companies in the business community. There would be chaos in financial evaluation as each company would set its own standards. The COG accounting standards must be the same as those specified by Board of American Certified Public Accountants. Otherwise another great read, thanks. 5 stars as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A ROOTIN TOOTIN GOOD STORY.

AS USUAL VERY EJOYABLE AND SUPERBLY WRITTEN , I THINK JORGENSON COULD HAVE APPROPRIATELY BEEN NICKNAMED- TALKING BULL. 5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The ending killed chapter 02

Annie asking for spankings? Really? Is she going to ask to raped too? After all Jorgensen did both to her and she to get excited by both actions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Great story, and ignore the complete, brain-dead, moron anon below me.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 5 years ago
Re The Ending Killed

She didn't enjoy the spankings because she was raped. In this universe her body betrayed her because she enjoys spankings. There is a difference.

TrollTureTrollTureover 5 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed this story, a bit of good vs evil, that's always enjoyable.

However, it's VERY similar to the author's other story "American Beauty". (That story is actually 2 years newer but I happened to read that first, therefore I'm commenting on the similarities here.)

Many of the main features are very similar; The female protagonist, the evil executive, sending the MC to the culprit's house only to find him having wild sex with the beautiful wife of the future love interest, the bad guy lying to said wife about wanting to marry her, the wife saying she is doing this because she wants a man with more money, to name the most obvious.

There were comments about said story, "American Beauty", being full of cliches which is true, but then so are almost all stories here, but as in this case, basically writing the same story twice is either sloppy or lazy.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

One quibble ... BuffBill thought the change in task for a very new hire was very inappropriate and unusual. The next day, Our Heroine (hereafter, Sweetie) she is acting very oddly. He is either briefed about the COG protocol change the same day Sweetie is acting oddly, or he gets the written notification shortly thereafter or he asks BadBoss why he failed to brief them, especially when there were two things strange relating to that audit component. Since he was insensitive to BadBoss’s games, he would have much more persistent about her mood change. Also, Sweetie may have gotten notice of the very recent change while in OKC and figured out that she was fucked with as well as fucked!

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Great Story, was well written and had good character development. Well worth the read. 5 Stars

beamer142beamer142over 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story but would the characters keep up the names"Buffalo Bill and Annie Oakley" when talking to each other? Surely it would just be Bill and Annie? A minor complaint about an otherwise pleasant story

ErotFanErotFanabout 3 years ago

Macomber sure knew how to end his stories with a memorable comment. He also was good at character development.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Lovely story, please ignore any criticism of you or the characters in your story. What goes around comes around, surely everyone knows that? Sometimes it just takes awhile.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Would pressing criminal charges against Kurt be possible after the settlement, or would they have to waive those rights? Feels a bit icky having one more serial rapist on the loose after his crime was acknowledged in court.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Another Great story by a Great author! We will miss you FM!

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 years ago

Another fine job. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just how many accountants with cheating wives are there in LW?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

wonderful!

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Reasonable

Reasonable story if predictable.What happened to Bill's wife?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good, but I have to nitpick one thing. No good trial lawyer would do the make-over making her look and dress as a sophisticated hot woman in 4 inch spike heels and a pencil skirt. Either to jury or to most judges, that persona would look like a strong confident business woman who would say "NO!" to any unwanted sexual advances. I understand that may not at all be true but it is how she would be viewed. I saw a lawyer as a witness/plaintiff (somebody else was representing her) come to court dressed just as described down to the pencil skirt and the heels. After the adverse verdict, the jury commented on how much they disbelieved her testimony in her own behalf. The women on the jury were the most vociferous; they clearly hated her.

But the overall story is good.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Sorry this story was just stupid

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thr courtroom dynamic and settlement seemed colorless, bland and overly simple. And btw dressing up a woman who was a victim of sexual assault to be "hot" for her court appearance is the height of lunacy. No lawyer would do that. And btw irrespective of how things turned out, how was it not sexual harassment st the very least?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

very good, a "Lifetime" or "Hallmark" movie. Don't like the request for a "playful spanking." Made me stop to think about Orphanages and Foster Care problems, abuses, etc.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

How to overcome a lifetime of insecurities?

What inner strength she must have summoned to overcome the angst and inferiority complex. What a team of friends to have her back. Nice writing.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

Greatvstory, great flow, great conclusion... thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A strong story of one woman's growth to adulthood and happiness. Loved how she took Kurt down completely.

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

ViolentKnightViolentKnightabout 2 months ago

Well written story. 5 stars.

Annie was brave for standing up to her tormentor. An inspiration to all us nerds.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous