All Comments on 'Another Chance'

by HunterShambles

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Pretty good

I understand the situation, been there!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 10 years ago
a new low in a really pathetically AWFUL stupid story

on page 1 we have the wife SHRIEKING at her husband of 20+ years this

"You sick bastard, I hate it the way you ogle and leer at me, I don't want you anywhere near me, do you understand?"

Yuk, I hate your cock being anywhere near me, I can't stand having it in me and I don't like it in my mouth, sorry, but it's the truth."

"God you are so perverted, I feel sick now!

AND when then husband ask this ..."And what about my needs?" her answer is this .. "you can play with yourself and look at porn, when I've gone to bed."

this is a dead marriage. Wait it gets worst this so called man has not fucked

his wife i 20- years...

the suddenly a few paragraphs she wants to fuck him?

gordo12gordo12almost 10 years ago
I couldn't finish past the first 1/2 page

Agreed with Harry she isn't going to overcome her nature in a few paragraphs. A woman that far gone needs a divorce and psychological counselling. Although you;'d have to wonder about the mental state of a man willing to do 20 years without sex and an attitude like that coming back at him.

All in all not a great plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Experience is the difference

When you have been in a marriage, a partner has had cancer, her drive significantly lessens, and you are still devoted to one another...this is real guys.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
an alternative

An alternative title: Scenes From a Dead Marriage

Twenty years with no physical intimacy and rude vicious rejection, he should have been long gone.

Yes she did have physical problems, but she had no thought for her husband only for herself.

HunterShamblesHunterShamblesalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Interesting Comments

Wow! that's a pretty strident set of comments from you guys. Guess the fact is it's a story, fiction, not real, made up, might be lost on some people; although there are elements of real life in it. I myself have experience of this and wove it into the story.

Fact: is it's perfectly possible to have a successful marriage without regular sex, for whatever reason. I think after forty years I can say that.

Fact: a lot more women are now prepared to say no if sex is painful, and why not, it's a two way street. Thank God long gone are the days of lying back and thinking of England. Nowadays relationships are about both giving and taking, sharing and caring.

Unless you've been there don't comment.

HS

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 10 years ago
Ok

So the timeline is compressed,it is a story. People in loving relationships can be relatively sexless and stay together in a loving relationship,and people can and do come alive sexually after many years....put it this way,only 1/3rd of women report routinely achieving orgasm in intercourse with their so,so sex isn't the only thing,by far.Lit is full of a lot of myths,like a big dick means something,but this story is actually possible,plays out all the time,and cute,too:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I was happy to read something deviating from the standard "... she saw my throbbing 7' cock and began to dribble,,," depicting more aspects of real life and real people (e.g. a substantial portion of women never have any kind of spontaneous sexual triggering, lust being solely a relational matter.)

However, I was left with no answer to the question of why did this sexual reconciliation happen just now? What was the difference to all the other times this guy had approached his wife?

Otherwise, well written (except that some superficial editing is needed here and there).

SigintSigintabout 9 years ago
The Saddest Thing Is The Reality of This For Some

I applaud your storytelling. But what amazed me the most is when you joined us here in the comments it became only too obvious: the awful grammar of the story was affected. Honestly, I found it very distracting, yet stayed.

This wasn't sexy. He didn't remind me of myself. Damn if she was motivating. But what the empathetically challenged from the East Coast missed was their climb. The Heroes' (yes, I meant plural) Journey. And people complain about what Loving Wives doesn't get enough of. You're posting it in Mature!!!!

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
With her attitude when we first meet these two

I am surprised they are still married. Not because of the lack of sex, but because of the lack of respect. For him, for herself, and their marriage.

I agree with others, it is hard to accept the rapid change in her behaviour.

From don't touch me, to let me show you my waxing, in a few days?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous