Apple of My Eye

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers

She hadn't been feeling too well since she left New York three weeks ago but she refused to see a doctor; reasoning to herself that it was just a Wade-withdrawal syndrome. It was like going cold turkey, she mused. She'd have these bouts of vomiting and then teary emotional moments of missing him before she'd get angry and throw things around. But at the end of the day, she still wanted him.

The truth was, she hadn't meant to leave him. She just needed some time to clear her head and set up her own practice. She wouldn't have chosen a location within driving distance of his estate if she wasn't planning to return to him.

"Oh god... I love that ass... I mean arse! Jeez do they have to make everything sound classy here or what!" she laughed to herself as she twirled on her office chair, contemplating to call him. As she reached for her phone, it suddenly vibrated, causing her to scream in fright.

"Damn it! Hello?"

"Hi! Uh, is this Miss Winters? Um, I'm the new tenant. I sort of found this letter in the master bedroom and I think it belongs to you."

"What letter?" asked Amara in panic. Surely Jason hadn't trespassed and placed a death note or something on her bed right? Amara told the lady on the line to read to her the letter.

A moment later, she was throwing up in the toilet bowl again. It was as if her body felt sick each time she thought about him or mentioned his name.

"Fuck this!" she cursed as she got up to wipe her mouth. Steadying herself in front of the sink, she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She looked tired. There were bags under her eyes and her skin looked sallow. Amara noticed that her hair had grown slightly longer and her blonde roots were showing.

When she got to her office, she noticed on the calendar that it was February 12th. Only two more days! With a sigh, she promised that she would drag herself to the doctor and then to the hair salon. Even if he was blind, it didn't mean that she could fuck herself up and look like shit.

As such, she was relieved when there were only three patients in the clinic she went to. She didn't think she was fit for human company at the moment. Pity the doctor.

The doctor did the usual check for her temperature and listened to her breathing and heartbeat. He also asked if she experienced any nausea, fevers, or fatigue. When she said yes to the three, he told her to take a urine test. Amara was annoyed at being asked to take a urine test. She was sure she was coming down with the usual bout of cold and what not. The change in temperature and atmosphere could do that to her.

When she returned to the consultation room, she handed the bottle to him and he smiled.

"Would you like to take another blood test to confirm this result, Ms. Winters?"

"Confirm what?" she asked.

"It seems that you have a positive for pregnancy."

Amara leaned back and laughed. She was a doctor for godsake! How could she have not noticed this?

"Okay. Do the test for a qualititative of the amount of hCG so far. I'm sure it's not more than 5 weeks or so because my period is always regular," she said, placing her arm on the table for him to draw her blood.

"We'll let you know the results in a day or two," he replied before she left his consultation room.

***

Her hair was ash blonde once again; dyed as close to her natural color as possible. She was already dressed in her coat and was on one of the lounge room sofas waiting for the call from the doctor. If Wade had something to tell her, then she wanted to have something good to tell him too.

At ten in the morning, she received the call and a moment later, she was smiling as she left her office building.

When she got out of the cab, she shivered a little. It was really much colder here because it was on higher ground and also close to the sea. As she got closer to the cliff, she felt a cold gale blowing in her direction. Wade was nowhere to be found.

She sat down on one of the giant rocks and pulled her coat tighter to keep warm. She couldn't believe that there was a little thing growing inside of her. The thought of it made her smile.

From a distance, he watched her. He knew it was still cold and he could see that she was shivering but she was happy. Why was that? He tried to scent her from far but the cold wind impaired his sense of smell. He moved cautiously from his hiding spot and headed towards her. Now that he was closer, he saw that she looked different... and smelled different too. His eyes stayed fixed on hers curiously.

Amara had seen the giant grey wolf approaching her but this time, she was not afraid, even though it was snarling at her. She could tell that it seemed confused at her presence and she couldn't blame him.

"Hey there," she called out softly. "It's Amara..."

The wolf came closer and moved its snout closer to her body before circling around her curiously. Then it gave a long howl before running off to a nearby rock. A moment later, Wade came walking towards her, adjusting a woolen muffler around his neck.

"I didn't think being naked in the cold was a good idea," he said as he came to a stop in front of her. When she turned to face him, he smiled and held her hands. "I'm grateful that you came."

They held each other's hands and remained silent for a long time before they stammered in unison.

"I love you."

Amara's eyes widened and she jumped to hug him. "I love you! Oh god Wade... I'm such a bitch. I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I should have come earlier, I should have. Oh god. And now I've come to England and set up a practice and all and then I felt terrible and I went to the doctor and then he made me do this test and then he said I was pregnant and then I did my hair and I know you probably don't recognize me. Oh god this color is ugly and oh my god I'm standing here babbling..."

She didn't finish her sentence for his lips were on hers, pulling her close for an embrace. Their lips sought each others hungrily, almost in desperation; as though trying to recall a distant memory.

When they finally pulled away, Wade looked into her lovely hazel eyes.

"You look even more beautiful when you're with child," he said, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I can hear the baby's heartbeat, soft but strong. Just like the mother."

Amara managed a laugh even when tears flooded her eyes. "I missed you so much. I'm sorry Wade."

"I'm sorry too Darling..." he whispered, holding her close. "You look lovely with this hair colour."

Amara smiled and closed her eyes. "You went for surgery without telling me?"

"These are my eyes but this is not my sight. My wolf lends his sight to me, so that I can wake up each day to see my wife; the love of my life, my only mate."

"I thought you don't believe in those things?" she asked with a laugh.

"That was before I believed in them," he said with a grin.

"Being a Dad makes you lousy at your rebuttals," she laughed and pulled away from his embrace to look into his eyes. "Close your eyes," she ordered. Wade laughed but did as he was told.

"Okay, open them." When he opened his eyes, he saw that she was on both her knees with a ring in a box opened for him. He raised both his eyebrows as he helped her up.

"My answer is yes," he laughed, placing his broad hands on her relatively smaller right hand. Amara simply smiled as she took out the platinum wedding band and slipped it into his wedding finger.

"With this ring, I promise to love, respect and cherish you despite all your shortcomings. I promise to be by your side in sickness and in health, for your whole life as I've promised I would. You are not just my husband, but my best friend and I hope that we will have our whole lives to learn more about each other and be there for each other through the ups and downs. And yes, I promise to never to run away from a problem; to work it out and make this marriage a happy and long lasting one... till death do us part."

"Amen to that," he whispered as they embraced for another kiss. "I swear you were going to burst out with a 'damn' or 'shit' or your favourite 'fuck' at every interjection."

Amara laughed as she held his hand tight and walked with him towards their home.

"Happy Valentine's Day by the way."

"I didn't get you anything."

"I got you a ring. You should at least get me flowers."

"That's too cliché. How about another baby?"

"Wade!"

***

The End.

ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers