Arts Conference

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's been hard sometimes, but I've been able to cope. Our house was too big for just me, so I went to live with Aunt Gi. She wanted me to keep seeing a doctor, but I didn't need to. Whenever I feel bad I write a poem, and it makes me feel better. I don't use any medication, and I don't cry."

Persephone's story had shocked Robert. He asked, "Didn't you ever cry?"

"No, sir. My parents might cry, for losing their life together and the love they shared. My sister might cry, for the life she never had. But I wasn't with them. I'm not allowed to cry."

Robert ordered, "Cry. It will help you."

Her psychiatrist had never been able to get Persephone to cry, but he had never tried using handcuffs. Now Persephone didn't have to give herself permission, and she was soon sobbing violently. Robert, belatedly aware of the dangers of amateur psychiatry, removed the handcuffs and hugged Persephone. She put her arms around his neck and wept on his shoulder.

When Persephone stopped crying Robert said, "If I had known what you had lost I never would have made you talk about it. You should go home now. Put your clothes on and then I'll help you pack and escort you to your car."

Persephone was surprised. She said, "You mean you aren't going to chain me to the wall in the attic again tonight?"

"What do you mean? I never did anything like that. Tell me what happened."

Persephone describe her ordeal and her previous encounter with Alice. When she finished a grim-faced Robert said, "Torturing you was all Alice's idea. Greg and I will take care of her later."

When Persephone was in her car and ready to leave Robert said, "I read your poems last night. They are very good. I hope you don't have to write any more."

"Thank you. It hurt to talk about my family, but somehow I feel better now. Strangely enough, even being chained to the wall last night has helped. I knew I could die, but when I thought about it I realized I didn't want to any more. I think I'm ready to call my doctor and start therapy again."

She started her car, and then said, "Your statue is marvelous. Let me know when it's going to be exhibited." She kissed his cheek and drove away.

The End

* * * * *

Author's Note: Photographs of a statue similar to the one described in this story are on page 40 of John Willie's Bizarre, Number 20.

My thanks to Suzi for her editing and advice.

Copyright 2001 by Zack. All rights reserved.

I welcome your comments. Email me at the address in my profile.

12