All Comments on 'Ask Aunt Agatha'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 173 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
In honor of the baseball season starting

"A Home Run!" Thanks for the fun read, up to your usual high standards.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
ASKING AND ANSWERING

becareful of implications in a glass house, TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
It honestly drives me nuts , how easy it is to predict how this author's stories will end !

Yet he is so graceful, the lead characters so sympathetic that starting from intro, then on to seamless transitions that a spell is cast and I find myself helplessly pushing quintuple star rating.

Well here is my oh-so predictible concluding, commentary sentences to a Francis Macomber story. This was a treat to read. Thank you.

Sid0604Sid0604about 12 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your new story. Predictable ...a little but aren't most LW stories..... but honestly in this case who cares. I look forward to your next story. Thank you

zed0zed0about 12 years ago
I Love A Happy Ending!

Boy gets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back again. A unique perspective on a classic theme.

Well said!

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichabout 12 years ago
A fun read.

Excellent as usual. Thanks.

M

BriteaseBriteaseabout 12 years ago
5 star

Possibly your best?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Really, really excellent!

It is SO refreshing to come across such a gem in LW's category. Almost all the tales written here are rubbish and trash written by pretend authors with the imagination of a child. Thank you for such a fine piece of work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank You

That was a fun read Like the other commenter said its nice to see a story like this in LWs instead of the trash that seems to land here. Once again Thanks

dinkymacdinkymacabout 12 years ago
Nice!!

A great read -- thanks for sharing it.

chastenchastenabout 12 years ago
A good story

I think I enjoyed that the most of all your stories.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Nice 5-star tear jerker

The whole story was kind of obvious after the introduction but it was a pleasure to read. I like suspense but it is not necessary to make a good story... But, what if the wife had remained loyal and loving? Then Mandy was doomed?

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
I'd Call This One A "Guilty Pleasure"

Fun to read.

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotabout 12 years ago
It just goes to prove

that most, if not all, politicians are shit, many women are not worth the time they demand and refuse to reciprocate and that sometimes, the second time around is always the best.

Mousse9Mousse9about 12 years ago

Don't have much to say, except "Awww!".

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
Excellent

While it was obvious who was writing the letters (wife and unknown admirer GF wanna be), this was still a lot of fun. Well-written and original. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Agony to ecstacy

A nice story which is thankfully devoid of morbid humiliation and wimpy cuckolds.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
Nicely done

First off, the cheating made sense. Not many women are just greedy tramps. I'm sure she also nurtured some feelings for the lout Congressman...or at least told herself she did.

But even Caeser consulted fortune tellers. And even so called smart women go to people for advice (going to a friend or relative is obviously out of the question). So this also scanned well in my opinion.

I liked the fact that forensic reading tipped him off.

And we had enough of a dewy eyed romantic scene to give us an 'aw shucks' moment.

Paging Mr. Edwards..Are you there? No? I wonder why.... Hee hee

Nicely written too.

SKHPSKHPabout 12 years ago
EXCELLENT

Maybe predictable, but excellently elaborated and probably your best so far.

Keep on writing & sharing!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
YOUR LAST ONE WAS NOT THAT GOOD

BUT THIS IS A GEM.. THANK YOU FOR THE READ.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Awwww....

That was so sweet. Love it. there's not alot of dialogues, but it did not bother at all.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 12 years ago
Very nice romance

Clever and poignant!

cyrilliccyrillicabout 12 years ago
Superb

Up there with the best

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Obvious, clear, excellent

I'm with the others this was not a suspense story, but it was a good story well told.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wonderful!

one of the VERY BEST in a looooong time in the LW category, Loved it! Could actually see this becoming a series? Maybe? Hope so.....

Now, back to Miz Sarah!

Bravo!

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenabout 12 years ago
did you publish this before

Love your stuff. It seems I read this before?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Deep Throat

Naw :) just kidding I liked the story great read gave it a 5. I don't trust anyone screaming about morality either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Not sure how the morality monitors

didn't catch on to the fact FM is openly lampooning them, guess they aren't very bright. Excellent story turning the tables on the 'closet-morality' cases carping and caterwauling in this category. Masterfully done.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
A romance novel

And I say that with respect. It was a well written and fun read. The "revenge" was epic. All his wife had to do was realize that she was one of those who wanted more out of life and divorce him. Then she could go after whoever she wished. But those who think they are entitled to more often don't care about the niceties of how they get it. She was willing to ruin two marriages and she got what she deserved. It would have been nice to see the never to be VP's wife a little happier after the divorce. She was left as an undeserving victim.

The manipulation of the advice column was unique and funny.

Nice work.

polarbear66polarbear66about 12 years ago

Great story, always enjoy your work.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
5 stars

First it all humorous story with a little modern Figaro type revenge. Classic revenge story, because there are a past of the married pair, discovering of the cheating part, good not violance revenge (, I do not call these type stories smart husband stories because the revenge organizators may be the husband's friends or collegues as here his colleagues were the modern Figaro(s) ), and a good longer aftermath/epiloge. Thank you, because I like the longer epiloge with second wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
theaquarianpen

theaquarianpen in one story you have nothing good to say about commentors because they are not as sick as you are, then in this story you accuse this author of stealing your quite the piece of work.

TheEndBeginsTheEndBeginsabout 12 years ago
Loved it!

I love to see the heroes get happy endings and villains getting what they deserve. Great one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
"aren't very bright" case in point - duna

Dude is not only full of shit but doesn't get the fact that he and his insecure coward buddies are the congressman in this tale. Wake up dumbasses, your hypocritical preaching is now being used as a source for our entertainment in stories. Too funny.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago

For me "The Six O'clock News Slot" is the best FM's story. In that story the husband's friend/collegue is the modern Figaro and the husband gets the his daughter custody as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
This has to be one of your best!

I enjoyed everything about it, and congratulate you on a well-done story. 5 Stars, for sure!

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Viva for the revenge stories

@ My Dear offender enemy The husband was succesful to divorce before he has earned the big bussiness. After 2000 years we can laugh on cheating wives and the smart trick of husbands and husbands friends/collegues it is refreshing discovering was the revenge story for me this genre in november of 2010 which came to the light and same to the Gene from Alladin's lamp it will remain with us AGAINST YOUR ANGRY! Yes there are some early example such revenge story from the past Beaumarchais, Da Ponte and Mozart "The Marriage of Figaro".

2. All people have right to happiness, insecure, devastated, betrayed, etc. people have right to happiness as well. I like such stories when devastated, betrayed, insecure people find happyness in stories. It can be seen YOU DEAR OFFENDER ENEMY you like that when cocky people tamle humiliate others. I like when David wins against Goliat, but you would like Tom eats Jerry????????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Everyone knows you are a lying sack of shit duna

You betrayed the few no-lifers who actually read your comments so you should probably register a new handle. Although your maniacal drive to submit 10k comments would start over, they way you comment would only take a few months to get back to where you are now.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Why I like the revenge stories

@ My Dear offender enemy I understood you. You think us revenge story fans in the congressman"s group. I will answer you What is my cause why I like the revenge stories. With some exception (Marriage of Figaro, some end of the XIX Century French Comedias. Gerhard Hauptman novela) the Authors used the cuckold husbands as humor source or wrote the cheater wives as victims. Yes 100 years ago the gender equitity was a dream and the fragile women lived in a ctuel, drunk, dumb, violant husbands ruled World and the Great Literature felt humor source or emotional in the adultary. Yes in that World I would not have been revenge story fan, because the revenge would be only the cruelty the pure violance and THE UNPUNISHED MURDER!!!!!! The cheaters murder was not punished morover the other men agreed with it. 200 years ago I would not have been revenge story fan, as the Great Authors were from Bocaccio to Thomas Mann. However Nowdays the World is up side down. With the gender equity the 2 genders have same responsible for the family and the children well beings. If a husband cheats on his wife, the wife takes him cleaners and she gets the children custody. If a wife cheats the wife takes him cleaners and she gets the children custody. Are there GENDER EQUITY, MUTUALITY??????

(I have 100% solidarity for the abused violated women, wives.) I think this is the first reason which brought me to the revenge story fans. Today the betrayed husbands are David and Jerry and the Tribunal System assisted cheating wives became Goliat and Tom (picture disturbings). The second reason is simple after 2000 years laughing to the cuckold husbands I found stories when the readers can laughing ON THE CHEATING WIVES AND THE LOVERBOYS (AFTER 2000 YEARS) and excellent smart tricks from smart husbands, husbands true friends against cheating wives and the loverboys. The cheater wives and loverboys became SOURCE OF THE HUMOR, AND THIS IS AN INTELECTUAL surprise AFTER 2000 YEARS.

I recommend reading FrancisMacomber "The Six O'clock News Slot" and lucksmith "Let the Punishment Fit the Crime", I laughed on the cheating wives for half hour constantly, when I read both stories. I like the Romantic Revenge stories as well. Instead a willing cuckold story I read a cruel revenge story, but some electric shock instrumen cruel revenge stories are very humorous as JPB has an excellent one.

BTW I like the beliable reconcilation stories as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
LIKE

What more can I say-----I LIKED THIS STORY

JustForPostingJustForPostingabout 12 years ago
Better than your last outing, but still not up to a Miz Sarah

First, the writing is, as always, nearly flawless. The narrative is clear and flows nicely.

Second, the ending, while telegraphed well in advance, was still nice to see.

Third, and here comes the stuff I don't like, the wife was just too good-girl-turned-bad. Too pat, too easy, too predictable. I can't say what I'd have done differently, but she was just such a silhouette.

I suppose I liked the story for the same reason I enjoyed Return To Me (1999). Read Ebert's review if you want to understand that.

Good stuff, not excellent.

Bring bad Miz Sarah!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
'ol duna sure has diarrhea of the mouth

Sounds like the adults in Peanuts cartoons to the rest of us though: "whaawhha whaaha wahha, whawha huh wha haw whuh"

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Free to laugh

I recommend Papatoad's "Telephon Blitz" modern Figaro type revenge and reconcilation story. Immun system and hormon balance of humor sense people will be good after reading.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Good Read!!

I like the way you change you storyline themes. Thanks for sharing your stories.

brujaybrujayabout 12 years ago
Fun and well written...........

.......and yes, the ending was obvious BUT SO WHAT? It was truly enjoyable story and made me smile. That is the best praise I can offer!

Thank you for sharing your stories and please keep on writing.

curioussscuriousssabout 12 years ago
Another winner FM

So it was a tad predictable but it was an interesting story.

It also had a deserved happy ending.

Thank you,

N

njlaurennjlaurenabout 12 years ago
nice hoing

a nice companion to miz sarah and just as much fun. Bout the only thing missing is Nicky trying to get him back and getting humiliated by her ex being successful and finding someone new.i

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 12 years ago
Power is seductive

I think FM's main goof was to not 'waste' a couple of short paragraphs, with some clear time and incident space between them, and including a few more comments from his wife, to make it clearer that the Congessman's power was gradually influencing (seducing) Sweety - and quite possibly not a deliberate plan of his or hers. (The last parenthetical might make them 'play' less evil, so might NOT work well in this tale!) As it is, it kinda reads like Sweety 'turned' quickly and unrealistically!

oldwayneoldwayneabout 12 years ago
Britease said it best...

I agree that this may be your best yet. It really seemed to have it all. Thanks for a great story, well worth Five Stars!

angiquesophieangiquesophieabout 12 years ago
lovely fun story

thanks for a wonderful read.

greowulfgreowulfabout 12 years ago
marvelous

I rarely wish a story was longer, but I did here. Thank you, Mr. Macomber.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Okay, I admit it

I'm a sap for happy endings. Nicely done, sir. A creative, fresh context for an old tale.

db448db448about 12 years ago
Back to five stars

I left a rather heavy handed critique on your last story and ended it by announcing that I had only given it four stars because I felt it had a number of plot holes. As such, I feel honor bound to say that this one had none of those problems and is a well crafted take on an old idea. I would love to see more, but the story is truly complete as it is.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Nice little tale.

It only begs the question: Why is he even married to that piece of shit ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
nice wite

well done...bill

FrankjrBauerFrankjrBauerabout 12 years ago
Marvellous

It was great fun to read. The story reminded me immediately of the movie "Good Advice" with Charly Sheen and Angie Harmon, where his girlfriend cheated on him on a vacation to Brazil and and he took over her column "Dear Cindy". I like this movie very much. It is totally underrated.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
very good

you get another 5 stars from me. loved the story - will read more of them.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Great

Very sweet.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
#2 IF ONE CAN STAY TRUE TO THEMSELVES

the rest should be EZr than pie. TK U MLJ LV NV

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3about 12 years ago
Yes!!

To me, other stories of yours haven't come close to your Miz Sarah stories in any way. They just weren't as good. Ask Aunt Agatha? This story ranks right up there with Miz Sarah. Great story! 5 stars!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Very Nice

My first time reading one of your stories. I shall try more!

Ron Wood - "Old Marine Vet"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Mindless garbage !

1* !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great Reads

I've now read three of your stories and loved each one - all 5's in my book.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of them. Thanks.

cpetecpetealmost 12 years ago

Do not know how I missed this one when it came out, but another fine tale. from you FM

thanks for the enjoyable read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Dear "Mindless Garbage"

Here is a story that should be more to your liking.

He found her; He felt her; he fucked her; he forgot her. The End

There you go. No big words; short, simple plot with a sex scene...it should be everything you wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wonderful

such a fun read. Love it.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
A pleasure to read -

He suffered pretty badly but he knew the truth when he heard it each time he paid attention.

Then he won the big lottery - of course lol

BDEarthBDEarthover 11 years ago
Outstanding !

Even though the plot was somewhat predictable; I really enjoyed reading it til the happy ending. Thanx Francis !

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years ago
Dreams do come true

OK, it's a silly fairy tale. Nothing particularly profound, not earth shaking. So what. It's definitely a fiver.

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
Another good one

You are clearly a very good writer. Additionally your plots are reasonably within the realm of the possible. All in all this makes for very enjoyable reading - thank you.

pumpop201pumpop201about 11 years ago
A Happy Ending.

You are a very talented writer and I love a happy ending.

solotorosolotoroabout 11 years ago
One small correction

No journalism school in the country provides an education. They provide training and indoctrination.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Another great tale from one of my favorite authors. Thanks.

fanfarefanfarealmost 11 years ago
ultracrepederian

So Solotoro, in which madrasa were you indoctrinated at?

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
Dear Uncle Francis

Thanks for making my heart grin.

; )

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
That's Auntie Francis :)

Thanks for pushing back today's clouds !

amyyumamyyumabout 10 years ago
Cute and entertaining

And very original; thanks; 5*

xtchrxtchrabout 10 years ago
Nice Story!

You are becoming one of my favorite writers because of your fantastic imagination and originality. You tell a good story but wrap it in an unusual way. I enjoy that your men are real men and don't want reconciliation or counseling or any of the other excuses for cheating. They get rid of the cheater and then move on. Good Job

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

You know, journalism graduate with a shitty job, a divorce where the wife's cheating was exposed nationwide and not the most glamorous job at some random paper. That sounds a bit like a cheap TV movie plot, but I had the best of fun reading about it! For some reason this story speaks to me, so my five star vote and addition to the list of favorite stories feels well deserved. Thank you for writing.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
You made me happy

Such a lovely story. Reading it really did make me happy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

one of your best .

xxxhugsxxx

TearsOfJoy.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
A good one

You truly are 1 of the best authors here, you take a fairly ordinary plot, employ some of your special magic & voila, a really great little romantic LW story. Very well done.

5 big * * * * *, pity it couldn't be more.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Second time around even better

Really liked the portrayal of the editor - "this idiot hasn't been worth a damn since you left." Story is well paced and romantic. Hope the perp's wife lands on her feet.

saratusaratuover 9 years ago
It is,,,,,,

a truly fine story, my compliments to a very good author. Give this one five ***** stars, well deserved! Saratu

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
the only addition that could possibly

Improve this tale would be a climactic (pardon the pun) love scene twixt Mandy and Casey, right before the final "ask Agatha". My opinion, of course. Delightful.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
*****

Good show, Frank! Your fictional stories could well be true to some folks. Very good reading as well as writing. Cheers!

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 9 years ago
similar

With the political aide wife, it has the ABUSE OF POWER feel to it. For some reason, I liked this one better. Some of your lesser btb readers are going to hate me, but I'd still like to see the whore feel a bit more pain. ( either figuratively or literally ). But in those immortal words, "frankly, I don't give a damn".

jiminabjiminabalmost 9 years ago
Please Sir

This was excellent as always. But please Sir more Miss Sarah. I promise that I will be a good boy and read them.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Like Her Job Is So Important!

"I mean, I'm sure what you do is important to the paper, but after all, it's not likely to wind up in the history books." – Well maybe the Congressman may end up in the history books, but what SHE does isn’t likely to end up there either!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sir Francis, you are good; nay. VERY GOOD!

I have yet read only one page, but it's superbly told. I am excited to read further, but I have togo out, so I have saved p2&3. I have read some other stories of yours, and they all have literary value which is rarely seen on Literotica. Wish you all the best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Magic

An excellent story and very well-told.

Thank you

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Oh, dear Francis......

You're one of the best. Well told, and I can't even complain about spelling and grammar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
dear people who assume our author is real!..

Francis Macomber is a PSEUDONYN[PEN NAME] based on a very brutally honest novel called "The Short & Happy Life Of FRANCIS MACOMBER" by E.Hemingway.

True the author does have some of the very good/best L.W stories here, but if you read the novel on francis macomber(snopes atleast) you will see my point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Second time around was even better

Nicely done and great fun.

Thanks

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Damn good story.

Enough said.

Please bring us more of this quality.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
fantastic stuff

I loved this story, I really did.

I can't begin to say how much ...... great stuff.

5*

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Wow

A feel good story in LW !

Now there's something you just don't see every day.

5*'s

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
ONCE MORE IT D.C. AND POLITICS??????

and another scandal of enormous proportions. TK U MLJ LV NV

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous