All Comments on 'Ask Aunt Agatha'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 173 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5* fun.

Very enjoyable story.

Felt too quick but still gave it 5.

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
Magnificent

Lived it!!!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
I really miss Macomber's work.

When I first started submitting stories here, Francis Macomber was one of a handful of writers I used as a gauge for my own work. I'll never achieve this man's writing skills but he has certainly made me a better writer.

Thank you, Francis.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 7 years ago
Well said, LTW.

You speak for me as well. FrancisMacomber was as good as it gets, and I want to write like him when I grow up.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Lovely. Just Plain Lovely.

Now this is the FrancisMacomber that I've come to admire here! Although this was a pretty straight-down-the-road plot, I enjoyed the way you executed it. The advice column wrinkle was very clever and well-done.

Although it fits OK in the LW category, it could easily have been at home in Romance.

Thanks for a delightful read.

Ocker51Ocker51almost 7 years ago
A Nice Story

You must have brought the romantic out in me, I found myself cheering on too, good story, 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
To Bad I Can Only Give You 5*'s

A really nice story...loved it...

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Just great

F.M. Is one of the best authors to ever post a story on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
AGONY ?

WELL SHE CAME AND SHE GAVE WITHOUT TAKING, BUT I SENT HER AWAY,OH MANDY. 5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
TOPS

"I May be Dumb" was disappointing (not finished, poor ending). "Abuse of Power" was great -- best FM. Not anymore. "Ask Aunt Agatha" is the top FM story.

It would also work in Humor/Satire. The excerpts from Aunt Agatha's column were intriguing (I want to read her column regularly) -- they made me laugh out loud, even though I'm alone..

"Ask Aunt Agatha"is one of Literotica 's great ones. Its tops.

Paul in Oklahoma

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Great feel good ending.

Your have some wonderful kudos from some big-name talent in these comments.

Well deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Short but sweet!

Definitely one of the best I've read on this site. Deserves more than five stars!!

BillandKateBillandKateover 5 years ago
Simply Excellent

5 stars - nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mandy should get a cut

Mandy was so instrumental in producing the column that she deserves part of the syndication revenue. That would show that he totally realized how essential she was.

Otherwise another excellent read.

jharpjharpabout 5 years ago

A nice little fun story. But it felt too rushed. I would have loved for it to be fleshed out a bit. Dive more into the characters and their development. But all in all it was enjoyable read.

That being said the main protagonist is a bit of a hypocrite. The first reader to write about her affair and if she should confess to her husband and he says no. But then his situation comes around and he's sure as fuck happy he knew she was cheating and planning to trade him in. So yeah just a 'bit' hypocritical on his part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
To Anonymous 11/30/18 "MANDY SHOULD GET A CUT"

She's getting MARRIED to him, dummy. That's a 50-50 cut, isn't it?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Follow-up Story

I know it's strange, but for some reason I have a desire to know what happened to Nicky after the divorce. This is unusual for me, but for some reason I feel that Nicky would be a good one to expand on.

Decal_lastDecal_lastover 4 years ago
Dear Agatha,

Nice little story. A refreshing story of Karma and happy. Wish it would have been a little more fleshed out in both ways, so to speak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Dear Aunt Agatha, You're Amazing!

Exceptionally witty and well written. Thank you!

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Oh yes

This is beyond good on so many levels, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I can't tell what is real and what is writers imagination.

So, Aunt Agatha...Spill the beans.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Great!!!

Very entertaining tale.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
I'm a fan of hitting them

personally delivering your own divorce papers

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 4 years ago
As good as it gets.

I've read this story many times.

It never failes to delight me.

It really is a LW classic.

It has a great plot, good dialogue,

interesting characters, humor,

a slut's asskicking and a happy ending.

A solid 5 stars story.

I'm sure it would do good as a movie.

Bradley Cooper as Casey?

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful story

This story is just wonderful from beginning to end. Engaging characters, interesting setting in both the news room and the column, ire raising betrayal, cathartic confrontation with the slut-wife, well-earned triumph in the column syndication, and even a happy romantic ending with Mandy, this story had it all. Well written with interesting and good, relatable characters. FrancisMacomber has written some really dark stories but this one show's he has no limit to his range. Excellent work here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Classic

This is THE classic LW story. It checks all the boxes: loving wife turns for greener grass; loving victim spouse is a good person; BTB gets done big time; the true love has been loyally waiting; happy ending. Then the story is superbly written with great dialogue and plot that keeps moving. Thus the classic LW story, PLUS it sets the bar for a 5* story.

detroitdave

gordo12gordo12almost 4 years ago

Every so often you discover real treasure on this site. This story is one of them. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One of my very favorite

One heck of a story that I could actually cheer out loud when Mandy came back and I've got a big lump in my throat as I write this. Nice writing

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

A really lovely story. My only minor gripe is he didn't have the confrontation talk with his cheating wife. Still 5 stars. Alsi I hope you are well and will consider writing again. You are one of the quality writers on this site.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Wonderful and entertaining story. The character were well developed and it was a pleasure to see the slut wife and the slimy politician get there just deserves. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
EXCELLENT

What a story! I'm amazed at the talent you have to be able to write such a powerful and wonderful story. 5 million stars. CC

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great! Too bad about "journalism" today...

...your quote here: "Columbia is one of the pre-eminent journalism schools in the country, and it taught me not only the fundamentals about how to research, report and write about the news, but also the skills of investigative reporting, broadcast journalism and digital media" was so apt at one time. Now "reporting" has become subjective opinion v. a search for the truth. Thanks again!!!!

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

Fortunately, the story was about a lonely hearts column writer. Journalism never really entered the picture.

This allowed me to enjoy the story and give it a high rating without betraying my own personal moral standards.

If it had been about what passes for journalism today, the story should have been in the fantasy category. Perhaps Literotica needs a new category for modern journalism stories. It could be labeled "propaganda".

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago
Great story, FM!

Wish I could give it ten stars!

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

What a delightful story

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Too bad that FrancisMacomber is no longer writing. He had a number of great 4* and 5* stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a great love story. Gave it a 5! That being said, I think it needed more substance, on what happened to wifey, and the congressman. I think some lawsuits would have been filed, and what did her parents, etc, think about the slut daughters plan to trade up? Did the publicity hurt her chances, getting another position “ under” a congressman? Inquiring minds, wanna know....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another great tale, even if I saw it coming not far in.

I’m always amazed at how shallow the wives in these stories are.

If I didn’t keep reminding myself this is just fiction I’d be totally depressed.

Good thing for me I haven’t met many like that.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your story is a smooth read and kept me engaged. Nice work!

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 2 years ago

Great job, this was the last story I had of yours to read. Great ending or should I say good beginning, because I'll keep coming back for more. Thx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

wonderful!!

5 stars and more

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Amazing, such a short story and such a need, we knew it was going to work out but it was a long time gestating.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Such a great story, easily scores 5/5

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Wow some fucking reporter this guy is my wife is fucking around on me. My assistant is in love with me and I never noticed shit 🤓

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative use of the advice column gag. Was fun. Nicky comes off as a soulless character and we have almost zero time as a reader to learn much about her except she is a gold digging opportunist. Personally if I was the MC, I would have done the customary 30-60 minute in person one-on-one final meeting at the attorney's office, not to hear her story but tell her how I knew about the affair, that I was writing Dear Agatha (and now nationally syndicated) and that I saw the sex videos, and while it hurt at first and killed my live for her, it made me feel good to know that the Congressman was an insecure little shit and she had to fake orgasms. Lol. Gold digger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An amusing and fun read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Totally transparent but a very fun read...for the romantics.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

One of my favorites.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

One of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I thought it was excellent!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A variation of "You've got Mail"?

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo10 months ago

Predictabke, as well as predictably darn good.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Agatha’s second piece of advice about not telling a spouse of philandering was poor advice. If it does come out, it’ll be a lot worse than up front honesty.

Calico75Calico7510 months ago

A very sweet little story! Love it!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wonderful story, could have been longer.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

awesome awesome SIMPLY AWESOME. thank YOU

IrrumatioIrrumatio8 months ago

You can tell this story is dated. Few people care about politicians' morals any more, Wwe have even elected a president who blatantly cheated on his wives multiple time, once with a porn star,

texlootexloo8 months ago

This is the second of your stories that i have read. Tbey are great! They are punchy and have a touch of melodrama. I love melodrama. Like the first story I read, the final sentence is awesome. Now that is how one properly writes a short story!

(Also, I wish to God we still lived in a world where a politician having an affair would still mean something. I wrote an entire diatribe about about the fucked up nature of modern public discord, but then deleted it all. This isn't the right platform for diatribes.)

jflindersjflinders7 months ago

I really liked the story and gave it 5 stars, but was a little confused about the bust at the hotel at 5 p.m. with Sam asking the congressman why his aide had been with him so early in the morning, meeting since 11 the previous evening. Perhaps the time should have read 5 am.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The many chuckles you gave me are appreciated.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon6 months ago

Every time I read this, it gets better.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

Great story, happy ending, fun, thanknyou.

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Very enjoyable read, great story line and a wonderful ending 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Quite entertaining. Humor and romance, what could go wrong? Its the bread and butter of talk shows in Hollywood. Gossip sells more than 'hard nosed journalism. Pandering to the masses. ( not misses or mrs...)

NitpicNitpic4 months ago
Very

Very enjoyable story.

drjlcherrytreedrjlcherrytree4 months ago

Better than the crappy rom coms of lately

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Again, like many of this writers stories it ends too soon. The revenge isn't sweet until the offending party learns the full extent of their hubris.

ViolentKnightViolentKnightabout 2 months ago

I agree with drjlcherrytree, movie producers need to consult people like you so they don't make the garbage they release these days.

5 stars.

desecrationdesecration17 days ago

BTB + RomCom and Debbi Macomber = a winning approach. I liked this one, short and sweet, with thoroughly likable characters (except the burnt ex of course).

FlamethrowFlamethrow16 days ago

A very sweet and well-structured story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

An excellent story. Five well earned stars.

JPB NOT BOB

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous