All Comments on 'Babysittin' Blues'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
That was a very good story

This was one very strong woman in this fantasy. The husband should count his blessing to be married to a woman with a love so strong. My God, all the things she went through and accepted. She put her family above herself and all else.

Great fantasy writing, as always, you never disappoint

With the highest of regards.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 18 years ago
This was different!

I certainly didn't expect the results of the DNA test! Nice job, Jack!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
truly unique

Enough said. Good story.

-- KVK

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 18 years ago
diiferent take

Certainly unique. Haven't seen one like this in a long time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great job Dynamite

I'll be honest, I like Dynamite Jack's writing style, but haven't always been happy with his stories. Somehow the stories just don't seem to have the connection that other authors here often create, however, with this story he proved he has the talent to write at that level.

This is a great story in that none of the characters are particularly weak or stupid. the only character in the whole story that could be considered unsympathetic is Sam, and he's just someone talked about by the main characters, he's never seen.

Strong wife, who was very understanding when her husband was seduced by her sister, and confident in his love for her.

Strong husband who was willing to take action once he found the condom wrapper.

Good communication between both once its revealed that there are no secrets.

That's probably what I liked best, this has a couple actually communicating rather than the usual litany of excuses one or both parties usually comes up with.

Hope to seem more like this one.

Mr. Long Poster

Orion623Orion623about 18 years ago
Nicely Done

Usually the husband ends up raising a child that is from a union of his wife and another man. In this case you have turned that around so that the wife is mother to a child not of her own womb. On top of that you have given us strong characters who can talk to each other without falling into a pit of excuses and self-pity.

This story was a welcome twist on what we usually read on this site. I congratulate you on your imagination.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Nice job

Thanks, Jack. A sweet story with a sweet ending. Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I'll join the crowd

It was different, then most of the stories here. The wife did a very class act in taking the child. The husband is 80 % jerk, 1st affair/fling with sister in law & 2. Ready to stomp wife for her supposed afffair. As you started out; what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

PS There are still a lot more diaper changing stations in the ladies room then the Men's.

rlg99rlg99about 18 years ago
Liked It

This is a different type of story than what I'm used too in the Loving Wives section.Although she did not do anything wrong she decided to forgive her sister and husband. The fact that he was the father but she was'nt the mother did suprise me . Keep Writing

Bob

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 18 years ago
Wonderfully original

It's not often a writer can come up with an original scenario. I salute you for doing so. Even more unusual the last year, this is an entertaining story, with emotion, tension and all.

Another Dynamite Jack winner

Doug

the Troubador

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Joanne Dying too Convenient!

that's just too darn convenient, ain't it? lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Another fine tale

DJ:

You sure do like to put the twists and turns in a story. Guess it means you actually have to read it all or you'll never understand what you thought you read. Thank You. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
a little different

Quite enjoyed this story. A problem that winds up 1 to 1 and everything ends happily. And noone gets shot. Well, that we know of, not knowing Sam's ultimate fate.

I think, under the circumstances, they did the right thing.

Do women "adopt" babies easier than men? This situation certainly worked well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A nice change...

A little different, as other's have mentioned. I liked this new angle and the lack of those equivalent comments that normally suggest, when it's proven the child is not the father's, to kick the wife out. I also believe that women will accept a child, that is not theirs, more readily than most men. Perhaps, there’s a lesson herein.

My best regards

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A little Twist

Quite a little twist. Well thought story. I would have liked it to be longer--seen the confrontation with Sam. Thanks for the pleasure of the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
It Would Be Simplistic To Say The Twist Carried

the story because it was very well written Author. You got us in touch with the main characters with all their worts, concerns and thoughts.

All this in a flowing explanitive non-cumbersome way. We were there with them through their emotions and resulting actions which were quite human possibilities.

I don't think you forgave hubby nor did he but most importantly she did. That drove their futures possibilities to a curious but acceptable likelihood. It made the very important conclusion plausible and satisfying to most of us.

Very impressive Author - I think you have strongly got it - talent and imagination plus the diligence and standards to express it very well. KUDO's upon KUDO's and more hoped for at interval. With Very High Regard (& Respect)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great reading!

A very rare, but truthful and honest story.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
Big Shiny 100!!!

The story line was almost bursting at the seams, but somehow you did pull it off. So many things had to go exactly right for the wife’s plan to work. But with your talented writing, you almost never over did it with the circumstances all working just right (maybe the sister’s death was a bit much).

The reward for those who were willing to suspend some belief was truly very satisfying. We got a very surprising and original story. I would say it’s worthy of the surprise ending award of the year (if there was such an award). ‘Guess what – the baby is yours, but is not your wife’s’ - Jaws are dropping to the ground like in a cartoon movie, only to be drawn up with great difficulty back to place, as we hear how you manage to explain this one!

And I loved the characters too! The husband decides to simply TALK to his wife! What an unusual concept! Certainly in Lit.

And the revenge part on the brother in law? You elegantly send all the blood hounds away. It felt as if you were saying: ‘now don’t you worry, we took care of him Ta Ta!’ That part of the ending was simply hysterical.

Declan CravensDeclan Cravensabout 18 years ago
Love your twists

You always know how to make a person want to keep going and find out what the whole story is. Good job!

Kanga40Kanga40about 18 years ago
Sorry Jack

well written, but I just couldn't buy it.

Oh yes, it could happen, but your supposed 'hero' was a cheating arsehole, no matter what excuses you try to invent.

His wife was way too good for him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Whatcha wanna bet

that it HAS happened somewhere to someone???

Good story Jack!!

ddpmanddpmanalmost 18 years ago
A Nice One

DJ I tought this was a good tale and well done. I like Loving Wives tales that don't leave a bad tase in your mouth. Your description on the hero's reasoning about how to handle this situation should make the many of those critics always cry WIMP take a second look on life. It is your tale but where did Sam come from again? Sister Joanne divorced him before the baby was born and now it is a year and a half later. Is Sam sticking around as a friend of the parents or what?

It did not detract from your tale. Keep writing and I will keep reading.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
sam

What happened to Sam? you know you can sue Sam for the rape he did to Marla? and the baby isnt marlas its Tobis so legally you can claim custody of the baby.

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
The baby

the father could still take the baby and divorce her since legaly she is`nt hers to keep but you did a great job with the story.

Atlanta,Ga.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Pleasing

Good twist, enjoyed the tale. Excellent prose and realistic, likeable characters. Thanks, Jack.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Too strange not to be a true story

I did notice that they were from the mid west...lots of strange stuff there.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 16 years ago
Good read

Enjoyed the story. Thanks, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Very Very Good

No.5 Gosh what a mess. But, love wins out in the end...........Richard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
:) yep

To me it was a good story. The 'mistake' he made with her sister is one of those things that can happen and I can see why he kept quiet. They loved each other and he was afraid of losing her..All together quite satisfactory.. although her sister didn't really have to die did she? Ah well.. Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
enjoyed it.

Nice read. Keep it up. PAPATOAD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
" VERY GOOD! "

NOT ONE OF YOUR BEST .......... Rich .........

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
Not your usual fare, but not bad.

When you sup with the Devil, you sure do need a long spoon.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
1*

old folks story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWorncuck is a pedo

every story here is "old folks" to that sick pedo since characters have to be 18+

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Thanks

For the read not one of your best, but still a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Should of been in the humour section

As this story was a joke.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Different

Very different. Never read a tale such as this before. Very original.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Yeah - different

And not bad at all. They both had one other partner - hers forced and unpleasant, his sexy and good. Not exactly equal - but it sounds like they'd survive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
silly people bad choices

not much here really

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
one thing was wrong

I liked the story. It was certainly different. However, there was no need to harm Sam. He was essentially irrelevant except as a vehicle to heighten tension.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

So do you have a problem with the word 'condom' or do you use 'prophylactic' to make yourself seem a better writer than you are?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

Thanks for the engaging tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Crappy story.

Didn't feel the need to let her husband know at the very beginning. Says it all.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Very good

I think the timelines were a bit out whack, but still a great original story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Hmm the pace felt hurried -

BUT it was a very good story with a very unusual outcome -

Dad fucked up - badly - sis fucked up badly - Maria is well naive but loyal beyond reason -

She got what she wanted even if she did wrong to get it - he got what he wanted BY doing wrong - and they decided it was a wash - Dad sure lucked out -

Sam was a predator and deserves whatever he gets -

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
Cute story

but badly flawed. A DNA test would have proved the baby isn't Sam's. There was no reason to give in to his blackmail.

Tootight1Tootight1about 9 years ago
very nice story

as bad as the communication was between them, they took the time to fish things out, and go for the truth in the situation. nicely done.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Second time through...

still an engaging tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I am bothered by a big flaw

she knew the baby was her husband's so she could have just told the asshole to bugger off.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago

But I'm guessing she didn't want to do that as it would have clued her hubby in that she knew about his affair.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
I thank

the any mouse who led me to a great story I had not seen in 2006 when it was posted.

The mouse roared against one of my favorite authors and I had to see why. My conclusion is that he felt the need to make a truly sophomoric comment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Shitty piece of work

Totally unbelievable story. He has every right to divorce her and claim the child as his own. And Sam would find the brakes missing on his wheelchair at the top of a mile long hill ending at an alegator farm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
loved it

In the end both came clean. Wife has more character than husband, forgiving sister and husband and raising baby

Not to mention she was used during a very emotional time and only succumbed because she loved baby

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Duh

After I read this crap, I had to take a shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sooo...

Two cheaters, a bastard baby girl and NOT ONE CHARACTER to like. Utter bullshit and a tribute to Cuckolds, Creampie Eaters, Wimp Husbands, Cheats and Matt.M.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
A strange story.

But mostly I like it.

Well written and good build-up.

The husband was a cheater. No

excuse for his betrayal. The wife

a cheater too, but much less betrayal.

So not really good people, but not

really bad people either.

Some part of the plot was thin, but

for me mostly the swap from the wife.

Natural to check if he was the father.

But I think no normal man would check

the mother.

I like the spirit of this story, so I give

4 out of 5 stars.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
And

Just Who fucked who at the Coca Coca Cabana? Or is it? I guess we will never know!

Anyway that's my Comment 5 ★ WOOF! Oh Oh Oh! Jerry Springer would have loved this? JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! ( I can't help myself ) See Ya!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Coca Cabana?

dolt....

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Different take

Different story with a couple of interesting twists. Glad it worked out for everyone. Except maybe poor Joanne.

imhaplessimhaplessover 5 years ago
Nice twists

not the same ole shit. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

The word, "CONDOM", works just as well and doesn't take as long to type.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
funny

both hubby and wife were scum of the earth people. so what was the sorry asshole mad about?????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
5 - and I don’t find many of those anymore.

Well written.

Original - clever twist.

Genuinely appreciate the effort - and quality result.

-

(Only frustration comes *not* from you, but the anon(s) who - despite the actual story - feel compelled to declare the wife, having put up with what was essentially rape/blackmail, was still ‘a Cheetin Hoor’ who deserved a painful, horrible life.

I guess I know those damaged morons are always around - but damn, their relentless compulsion is a sickness I’d like to smell less often.

Sigh.

JMSA

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
At the wife didn’t turn out as bad as the husband

The deed is done. And there proof, she should have dumped he ass and gave him his bastard and found a good guy.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

Reading some JakeRivers and came across this gem again . Great twists in a one of a kind story. Really like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I liked the story, but what kind of pretentious idiot uses the word, "prophylactic", anymore?

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Nice

Great story, fairly well thought out.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Good twist.

His but not hers. That's clever. They sound like a good couple. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Surprise

Nice plot, had me fooled.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Good story with a great twist. A favorite.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97about 3 years ago
A touch abrupt

It was a solid story with a decent twist. The ending just felt a bit abrupt. Not sure how you could have fleshed it out though but it felt kind of rushed at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This site has a lot of very sick readers. Your story was great, abrupt ending yes, but complete. Toby was just wrong in his actions with the sister. Her actions with the asshole were completely understandable for a panicked woman under the circumstances. And she stopped the second time from happening. He doesn't deserve her but she forgave him. And she proved the sacrifices she was willing to make for the "family". So any derogatory comments about her is just bullshit ranting from the peanut gallery. The fact that the asshole is wheelchair bound was just more icing on the cake.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

4 stars for the odd but interesting plot twist.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Well written story with a great twist at the end, in this case reconciliation was ok and the fact Sam the black mailer got his due was a great ending.

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 years ago

Like the story a lot. AAAA+++++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dumb. Who ever checks the dna of the mother? Her sister dies and no one talks about it? What sleazeball sleeps with his sister in law? This had so many holes in it it was worse than a Michigan highway in February.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

... I wanted to make sure that Lucy was mine. I immediately got a swab from the baby ...

So far so good.

... Marla was coming in for a checkup next week and she would never notice my taking a swab from the inside of her cheek ...

But if you want to know if the baby is YOURS, YOU provide a swab from yourself, moron!

Go and watch a few episodes of CSI. Find out what DNA testing is. This story is ridiculous. I didn't read any more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice try Jake, but a sad failure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A little too convoluted for me. LM

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Both cheating assholes. Bitch and her family are trailer trash

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19815 months ago

Yeah he cheated so in return she cheated using the excuse so didn't lose the baby was bullshit she knew that the kid was her husbands kid with her sister not this sam guy so that is a flat out lie using the kid as a excuse she probably didn't use a condom the first time and had to get a abortion before her husband got home both of them deserve to die

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0353 months ago

Thought it was both original and pretty good - not sure what Anonymous down below was triggered by.

fredbrownfredbrown3 months ago

Life, and stories sure do get complicated. I give this'un 4 stars but ......

LadyLoreLadyLore2 months ago

I agree with my husband @phoenixlore1981 he cheated with his wife sister got her pregnant and then she in return cheated under the ruse so she wouldn't lose the baby she is full of shit if she actually thought for 1 second that the dude had the right it's simple fact a DNA test and all the signed paperwork automatically says he can't take the baby she wanted revenge against her husband and her now dead sister that's what it's all about so she fucked him and more than once by the sound of it a lot of writers on here either make the husband out to be a complete idiot or they make the woman out to be the stupidest bitch on earth which is honestly insulting to both men and women like this wife in this story was made to be stupid just like the husband was the writers also seem to like writing stories and trying to make people believe that 2 wrongs make a right when it reality 2 wrongs still make a wrong he cheated she should have divorced his sorry ass instead of cheating back for revenge more than 1 time and then lying about it saying it was so she wouldn't lose the baby when in there zero chance of losing the baby

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Sorry but the MC was way worse than the wife. And what is this crap in the comments about she f@cked Sam more than once? It isn't in the story. Projecting much? If so write your own story. And btw whatever gets put on the birth certificate is the deciding factor in many states. To be fair, at such a weird scenario where mother dies in childbirth and she and husband were going through a divorce, it goes to the courts between Sam and the in-laws including the sister. Sam probably wouldn't spend the money to pursue but if he really THOUGHT he was the father, a lot of men would, despite otherwise being drunken asshole. Yes the DNA test would support the in-laws case and the judge would act accordingly but assuming that the wife her would know all of this, foresee the future and make calculated guesses about what Sam would do in regards to legal rights vs violence is just laughable. Most people don't sit around reading LW stories getting (slanted) viewpoints on court-based assignments of paternity or divorce settlements, please.

They both promised to be true to one another. Her sister seduced him but hey it is OK, just one time and he doesn't confess until well after his wife found out. Wife forgave him. But he was ready to burn her. Then the surprise DNA result and he suddenly "remembers". The hypocrisy on her about chestibg wjves vs cheating hsubands is detestable

Btw the author describes, via the wife, that the first act in the van was basically a rape and very painful. Again if as a reader you want to imagine Sam with a massive ornis, rocking her world, f@cking her for hours while rocking the van, and then many continued liaisons, well that is on you, and whatever story you wish had been written. Note the husband had NO issues forgiving her and moving on. She was clearly distraught. But hey you do you and burn all witches while cheating men get a free pass. Gah! Read the damn story!

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

What a stupid plot!

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Another lust cheat

He no better than Sam

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous