All Comments on 'Backstage Romance Ch. 10'

by ikhneumon

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
cliffgirl08cliffgirl08almost 12 years ago

Why do I think Daniel and Jeff's relationship is on the verge of a crisis? Pushing Daniel to act, Christmas with Jeff's family, the end of the show and now Timothy showing up? And what part does Christina play?

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 12 years ago
Good point

Being a cynical female here I reckon Christina has been telling tales to Timothy!! That is wrong and I hope Daniel stands up to the leech as well as Jeff too can't wait

wriggleronhookwriggleronhookalmost 12 years ago
Love this story

Daniel's grown up the longer he's with Jeff. Become more assertive but still shy and has a low self image. He wants Jeff to commit to a future buts afraid to ask. There will be a lot of pressure on him and Daniel. Don't know if Cristina told Timothy unless he talked about Jeff to her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Noooooo . . .

Go away, Timothy. Go away. Our boys have worked so hard to be together.

Seriously, now that Daniel has faced his demons, it's time for Jeff to face his. ALL of his. I'm confident they'll work things out. Thanks for keeping it real, for showing how the past (and the present) can affect new relationships, and how that past can be overcome.

canndcanndalmost 12 years ago
Who brought Tim to town?

I'm wondering if the stage mgr (is it brian or something?) may be behind Timothy's appearance. He wants Daniel desperately and found out the relationship wasn't going to fall apart and that it needed something to help screw it up.

I hope you will not do the same old story of Daniel walks in on the two of them and gets the wrong idea. That is too common. I'd be okay with Daniel walking in and Jeff going to him and telling Tim they are together. I can't see Jeff feeling anything for Tim. I'd love for him to use what Ryan said and stand up to Tim. It sounds like he was so timid with Tim.

I think someone implied it below, but I feel like Daniel hasn't really grown like Jeff has. I guess Jeff sees some differences in how he relates to him, but I'd like to see the relationship have a great effect on him. I don't think acting on stage is the right change. If he is happy in the job he has then he should do it. You have to love your work. But if he is behind the stage b/c it is a way to hide like he does in his life and with his body language then maybe being loved fully by Jeff could do that.

I love Jeff's mom. That was great when she called him by his full name and he flinched like a kid in trouble. I thought Prof. Ryan was developed nicely too. I didn't realize he was quite so close to him. I liked how his message was don't waste love b/c you could lose it at any time.

I look forward to seeing how you do this. I really have enjoyed this story and think it's well-written. I wonder how you will work through this scene b/c it will have a huge effect on the story. I also can't wait to see how Jeff will tell his family. I am sure Mom already knows. I think the way she was with Daniel made it clear she knew the truth. Please get us the next chapter soon!

tractorprincesstractorprincessalmost 12 years ago

I so reread this story last night, then woke up this morning to this chapter. Can't wait to see where this is going. Thank you so much for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
ARRRRG!

You cannot leave it there! OMG I love his mother, the Prof is cool, but to bring back Timothy...typical plot strain but ARRRGGGG! Good job

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
WOW

well I have an idea of where this will go. but I have to say that timothy coming back is the last thing i ever thought would happen.I thought the struggle that would take place was going to be between jeff and his family. if your goal was to make us believe that the cliffhanger would have something to do with jeff coming out and make us forget about his ex well it worked on me,because when i was reading the last few lines of this chapter, i was completly at lost for words

Your an amazing writer

dinkybootsdinkybootsalmost 12 years ago

ive had ENOUGH OF THIS STORY.? you are DRAGGING TO ITS LIMITS.? its dull PAINFULLY DULL. PAINFULLY SLOW.? you keep dragging it out ...i for one am sick of waiting for dull boring crap that you and babara cartland seem to pump out like druge boring boring boring...you keep repeating what jeff says and what daniel says ...its doing my bloody head in........ive waited weeks for your next chaper.but do you end the story. NO YOU DRAG IT OUT EVEN MORE. I DONT NORMALLY SEAR... BUT THIS IS FUCKING DOG SHIT. and i refuse to read any more of your stories agian...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
WOW!

I am HOOKED! Please do not make us wait sooooo long between chapters. Do you have a mailing list that will notify us when you submit a new chapter? Keep writing this story and PLEASE ignore the dribble coming from the rude fellow below me!

ikhneumonikhneumonalmost 12 years agoAuthor

Anonymous, on average I'm submitting new chapters every 12 days. Sorry I can't be faster for you, since you asked so nicely, but I'm a slow writer trying to manage a busy and fractured schedule. The first 5 chapters came out quicker because I already had the first half of the story drafted when I started posting. Now I'm writing (and rewriting) new material as I go.

Cliffgirl, cannd, lonesomedove, I love reading your speculations! (Cannd, you're thinking of Mark, not Brian. Brian is Daniel's abusive deceased ex.) I won't tell you what you guessed right and what not, but your feedback often raises plot points that I had neglected and forces me to address them, so thank you for making me a better writer!

LifeDreamsBigLifeDreamsBigalmost 12 years ago
Really?????

Really Dinkyboots? What the heck? So not only do you insult the writer but you have to leave nasty comments? Jeez, get over yourself already. Have you noticed you're the only person saying negative things?

avidreadravidreadralmost 12 years ago
Forget Dinkydick.

Dinkydick has been leaving nasty comments on anything he doesn't like. Forget it. He doesn't like romance, obviously. Of I don't like a story, I simply leave. There's no need to be nasty, especially when we're allowed to share in the author's work without having to pay for it. I did check out his story list once and not one of his favorites is one I'd even read once.

Ikhneumon - Forget him and concentrate on the good. This was a wonderful, well rounded story and was excellently received and each chapter received an excellent rating. Keep up the good work.

brigid_Bearbrigid_Bearalmost 12 years ago
admiration

i dont usually say much, but as a reader i have to say how much i admire your talent and willingness to put yourself and your work out there for us to read.

My taste usually runs to outer space, vampires and fantasy, but this is a story that has gotten under my skin...as for the one consistantly hateful reviewer, i think the others have covered it much better than this old lady could, except for saying bite me and if you are possesed of such superior knowledge of story telling, where are your stories db...

rabbitfishrabbitfishalmost 12 years ago
You can get AIDS from Oral

This is a pet peeve of mine for two reasons. One, because I am one of those picky people who gets thrown out of the story every time something is inaccurate (unless it's deliberate fantasy). Two, because I am afraid that people will read stories like this and think that this is actual information about real sex. It's not. You can get AIDS and some other STDs from oral. In my mind there are two ways to go with this. Either write real safe sex scenes, or chuck out the idea of safe sex altogether and just put a note at the beginning of the story saying that you aren't going to use it in the story.

Other than that, love the story. Thanks so much.

ikhneumonikhneumonalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Safe sex and oral

You bring up a valid and important point, rabbitfish. Unprotected oral sex can definitely transmit disease. Even though it's generally considered a lower-risk behavior than anal or vaginal intercourse where HIV is concerned, that still doesn't make it 100% safe. And there are lots of other nasty bugs, such as herpes, syphilis and gonorrhea, that are much more readily contracted by oral sex.

That said, I'm a bit puzzled as to why you chose to voice your objection on this particular chapter, in which Daniel explicitly assures his partner for the second time in their relationship that he has been tested and is disease-free. You can't catch diseases that aren't there. Daniel and especially Jeff behave more recklessly in the earlier chapters -- they share their HIV-negative status quite early on, but not before initiating sexual contact -- and your criticism would be justified there.

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

I agree, absolutely the wrong place/story to moan about oral sex and STDs. Neither of them have indulged in casual sex (safe or not). Jeff's been monogamous and then abstained for years, and Dan's been celibate since a complete test. In fact, I think they could have indulged in unprotected sex all the way much sooner.

And I still think this story is a great blend of sex and romance in show business.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
as they say when acting - timing is everything

perfect ending with Timothy turning up - didn't see that

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous