All Comments on 'Backstage Romance Ch. 12'

by ikhneumon

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
cliffgirl08cliffgirl08almost 12 years ago

So is this the end? If so, it was a totally enjoyable story. I LOVE Judy.

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182almost 12 years ago
snarky families, xmas, and role reversal = all my favorite things

Hey, I think I missed commenting on the last few chapters, but I've been reading them as soon as I see them! Love this story to pieces. I really like how you avoid going for too-easy cliched drama and instead let your characters be reasonably rational. The way Daniel came out of his shell and Jeff came to recognize this and respect him as an adult was beautiful. Thanks for writing and sharing!

avidreadravidreadralmost 12 years ago
Great Story

This was a wonderful story and I really enjoyed it. The characters were all excellent and the plot moved along easily. I love a HEA story and, to me, a great one makes me want to know what happened after HEA and this one does. Thank you,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Amazing

THIS WAS AMAZING!! I loved the story, the way you organized everything and pretty much everything about it!

ikhneumonikhneumonalmost 12 years agoAuthor
The end?

I suppose it would have been helpful if I'd added those two words, wouldn't it? Something to keep in mind whenever I submit my next story.

I would love to revisit Daniel and Jeff and see how they are two or three years into their relationship, but that won't happen anytime soon. I have so many ideas about what happens to ALL the characters after HEA (I'm even picking out baby names for some of them!), I haven't yet found the narrative angle that would make it into a real story instead of a massive infodump. Sigh.

(Here's a little tease, though: Scott's heteroflexible and Angela's bi. I don't have a clue how to write het, so you won't be hearing their story from me. But you can let your imaginations run wild with those two. It probably won't be too far off the mark.)

So yes, at least for the time being, this is THE END of "Backstage Romance." Heartfelt thanks to all for reading and commenting!!!

MiseryRubyMiseryRubyalmost 12 years ago
Vengeance?

I know bad things happen to good people, but the Scorpio in me can not let Timothy Spencer get away with being an manipulative ass. Hey, that's just me . Really enjoyed it, was time well spend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
a good parent knows their kid

I enjoyed this story. I especially liked how matter of fact Jeff's mother was. A good mother knows her son.

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiquealmost 12 years ago
More please

Great characters, great series.

To make readers really care about the characters isn't easy; you make it appear so.

Loved it.

talismaniatalismaniaalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful Story

I'm a complete mush when it comes to happy endings, and this one left me feeling like a basket of warm puppies. Jeff and Daniel deserved their happiness and there's such a complete feeling of sharing their lives, every part of their lives, that I just know they're going to be happy forever. As for Timothy, their love and what I am sure will be their raging success is going to be the sweetest revenge. :)

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

Great, no dancing around and getting deeper into misunderstandings. You are to be commended for having Daniel confront the Timothy issue straight away. So many authors chose to prolong the agony unbearably (Robert Jordan was the worst).

It really made me grin how this whole chapter was one long embarrassment for Jeff, but in a rather sweet and loving way. And very delicate and sensual description of their reverse role lovemaking, almost too reticent but very much in character. This series really stands out, congratulations.

DreamrealDreamrealalmost 12 years ago
It's over

I am sad that this wonderful ride is over. While I wanted closure I hate that these two men will be out of my life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Aww, man

Somebody better start writing another really sweet series, 'cause my favorite story just ran out of chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
it's over??

Already?? Aawwww.. i was hoping they're gonna get married. I guess that's too much to ask for huh?!

nastolgiclikeyounastolgiclikeyoualmost 12 years ago
Sweeeet

I can't believe it's over already.

Timothy needed someone to kick his ass.

Can the sweet couple come back in the professor's scripts?

Thanks so much for the hard work.

ikhneumonikhneumonalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Re: Marriage and "the sweet couple"

Anonymous, the story is set in 2007. At that time, Massachusetts alone among the United States granted legal recognition to same-sex marriages, though a number of other states offered civil unions or domestic partnership status. If I ever write more about D&J, developments on that front since 2007 will definitely be a factor in my (and their) thinking.

Nastolgiclikeyou, are you asking if D&J can come back working on their proposed production of the Prof's plays, or are you asking about the characters within those plays? If the latter, I very much doubt my ability to write a convincing 1930s setting. If you meant the former, again, if I come back to D&J, those plays will certainly be part of their ongoing story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
OMG!!!!!!

I guess I should've commented before now, but I was too busy reading. I am just grateful that the final chapter was posted 3 days before I found, and started reading this incredible love story.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us, the readers, and please, if you can, give us more. I really want to know more about Ron's plays and how Daniel, Jeff and Scott go about getting them out to the world.

canndcanndalmost 12 years ago

Ok, the part where Megan goes 'thought so.' was hilarious.

I guess this could be the end though I'd love an epilogue about them outcome of their doing the play.

I loved how you showed how strong they were by not letting Tim's shenanigans come between them. I loved how Danny became secure enough to not let it ruffle him when that announcement was made. It was a perfect for him to come out and claim Daniel at the same time. It was a beautiful story. Keep writing

podgapodgaalmost 12 years ago
Very nice!

Ugh, I can't write a decent perceptive comment for love or money, but here goes:

I found the story a bit hard going at first, because both MCs were just a little too nice and sweet for me. However, the strong plot, well-written dialogues and humor kept me hooked, and I'm glad I persisted, because both guys evolved and became more multi-dimentional, both on their own and as a couple. By the end, I was hoping for a few more chapters, though I have to say that I appreciate the fact that you didn't add more angst, which you could have done with the discovery of the business card, and it all resolved nicely. I also enjoyed the whole world you built and shared with us - as you've probably gathered in my environment things are a tad more subdued and stolid.

Nicely done and I'll be looking for more stories!

roughboy18roughboy18almost 12 years ago
Beautiful story.

This story felt very real. You obviously know about stage production which brought some nice detail into the story. Your writing is very solid, infused with wit and humor. The conflicts were believable, the characters multifaceted, and the sex hot. The ending was lovely and satisfying too.

I'm looking forward to your next story. I might have to read this one again meanwhile. :-)

CMfromSwedenCMfromSwedenalmost 12 years ago

Read all 12 chapters today, I am so glad I found this, I was completely captivated by the story, couldn't stop reading. Very well written. Thank you, I need to turn of my computer now lol :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Excellent series with totally believable characters. My background is in theater so it was a fun read for me. Also very true to life. Tim was a dick, but I forgave Cristina and loved Scott, Kelly and Jeff's family. Hurray for a very, very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I bow down to your awesome writing skills. PLEASE tell me there will be a sequel of some sort about these Ron plays! I am down on my knees BEGGING for it!

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
ONE OF THE VERY BEST

So well written

just brilliant

baikalisanbaikalisanover 10 years ago
More

Will there be anymore stories from you here? Are there any more if your submissions anywhere else for me to read?

Ty for writing this

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wonderful

This was a fantastically written story. You should consider writing a sequel. I would enjoy reading more about Danny and Jeff.

mochakinkmochakinkabout 10 years ago
Fantastic

I have literally read this series back to back several times and I just can't get enough. Great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you :)

Really, Love is so beautiful. Not everyone is lucky enough to find love of their life.

Was seeing this story in suggestion and hall of fame for years, but I wonder why I took so long to read this beautifully written romantic love story.

Perhaps, it is true 'everything happens when it's time comes'.

Wish you write more, because you are really talented. I agree with the @anon, who said if you could write a sequel.

I am sure of myself that I will come back to enjoy this story again and again.

Lastly, I would like to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for giving us such a great piece of work. God bless your beautiful soul.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantastic!!!!

You are an excellent writer!!! Not even just for the sexy stuff. The story and the plot and everything was so good. I hope you plan on continuing to write because I am most definitely a fan!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous