All Comments on 'Bad Penny Ch. 08'

by MVPrimetime

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimealmost 12 years agoAuthor
And so it starts...

My thanks to those two people who have voted (even if the scores have been less than encouraging) but would it be too much to ask for comments? If you really hate it please let me know why. If you just mildly dislike it, tell me why. Constructive criticism is very welcome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
One of the best stories on the site

I look forward to each new chapter - keep them coming.

Thanks,

AnomandarisAnomandarisalmost 12 years ago
:)

Glad to see you are stll continuing with this storyline. Love your writing. Would love for this to explore the 'Master' bits a bit more in coming chapters, but thats just my personal preferences coming to the fore.

CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaalmost 12 years ago
More brilliant eroticism, and more mysteries of the heart

It really pays to tell Tara to lay off, we can tell!!

I enjoyed meeting uncle Peter last time, but this chapter takes us almost back to the earliest chapters, and it's a very heady rush. The core principals seem happier than ever (even if Sean keeps some ambivalence to himself-- after almost mentally writing off Penny, then mentally reembracing her, now he just seems content not to know what he's about), and it's weird how Tara, mum to be, seems more self-confident yet possibly more demanding than ever.

Ronnie's interactions with Sean illustrate masterfully a constant theme in this saga, perhaps more starkly than ever: how the characters can politely, intelligently and honestly discuss their feelings, boundaries, etc.-- yet it can all get changed in a heartbeat! So much depends upon their self-awareness, yet the possibility of emotional solidity is so fragile when the sexual dynamic keeps morphing and relationships getting more and more complicated. One minute someone likes things just the way they are now, and no more drama; the next, well, you're snogging with people you just said you wouldn't!

I have a little theory about how one character is going to develop, but I'll keep that to myself. The author knows what he is doing!

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeover 11 years agoAuthor
Feed back

Thanks to all who have commented - particularly CeliaisAliena - now I am intrigued by what you think may happen! (if you would like to reveal all some time, please do - perhaps when this story arc finishes, although it may be some time before I get it all written.)

spearishspearishabout 11 years ago
Feel saddened

For some inexplicable reason I feel saddened by the reminder at the beginning of the chapter that Penny is a mere 19 years of age and yet has very few new sexual experiences left .

Sean I feel has reverted (even if it is self consciously ) to the old adage that you don't marry girls like Penny and even admits to knowing she isn't the girl he's going to settle with in any meaningful way .Whilst the kind of sexual promiscuity that promotes "swinging" is great if you can deal with it emotionally and honestly,it isn't anything I would ever feel I had missed out on and in fact if I'm totally honest ,the more I read the less desirable it seems .

Having said that ,I have loved exploring the fact that there is a certain depth of emotion ,certainly to Sean's encounters rather than it being just "fucking" . A great writer makes you question your perceptions so without doubt MV ,you are an excellent writer and I thank you :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another cracker!

It fascinates me that this tale, already of considerable length, still surprises me with the novel situations and especially with the developing characterisations. Motives, for some very unconventional behaviours, are always plausible and I think this is what separates this story from the usual 'swinger' tale. Uncle Peter was an interesting addition and got me thinking especially as he is my age. Firstly why opportunities like this don't come my way but then more interestingly would I prefer sex with Penny then or now?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMVPrimetime@MVPrimetime
The story of my life is not as interesting as the versions of that story that I write and submit here. I am not fast at writing, so please bear with me. Now that the Bad Penny story has been completed (witht eh Always turns up sequel) I have to admit that "If I Knew Then.. "...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Bad Penny Ch. 07 Previous Part
Bad Penny Series Info