All Comments on 'Barbie and Ken, Sitting in a Tree'

by Alexis661

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
too bad

I was interested in your essay until I read that men 'do the hard part' by proposing. The fact is, I proposed to my fiance, my sister proposed to her now-husband. I'm sure many women out there are getting more comfortable with gender equality and are doing the same.

As for men not planning the wedding? My fiance would laugh his ass off if he heard that. He wants to be involved in every part of the procedure.

Unfortunately, these problems made the essay unreadable for me.

John DoeJohn Doeabout 18 years ago
Blatantly sexist tripe

All that shit about boys who are raised by women being more sensitive, caring, etc. and girls raised by men are rough, selfish, etc. is a bunch of bullshit. For one thing, most children even in this day and age are raised by women, and there are all sorts of guys who grow up from that.

And aside from being just plain wrong, it's obvious you're sexist because in the gender comparisons you made you described women in positive terms, but you described men in negative terms.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
We all have a different POV.

The writer, the two previous commentators, myself and now you reading this at a future date.

We each and everyone of us have a different point of view of the society we live in. We each have different life experiences and we each develop different life expectations.

We each and all make generalizations about the people we know and those we think we know and especially about those people we will never meet or have any specific knowledge of.

It is our innate belief (or self-delusion, if you prefer?) in the ineffable quality of our personal opinions, that we use to rationalize the bets we place on a horse race.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous