All Comments on 'Being in the Fire Was Better Ch. 02'

by billwendel

Sort by:
  • 107 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
WTH was this all about?

You complained that people were mean about part 1 then you purposely go out of your way to make sure you live up to the expectations of the worst of the ultra-hardliners? 'They think hes a wimp - Ill give them a wimp. This will really piss them off.' Not a very good way to go about telling a story imo. There is always gonna be people who dont like it but you got mostly positive reviews in part 1.

I didnt really see the need to make things worse than before just to spite people. Thats what you did isnt it? Thats all that makes sense - she screws around for a year and a half. Doesnt even say she is sorry. Tells the husband that her lover is a good guy and that he shouldnt be mad at him. Tells her husband that its his fault she had to carry on a long term affair with the fine, upstanding Carl. Doesnt give a shit that the guy she claims to love just saw his best friend die right in front of him.

Thanks for writing and please keep it up but maybe stop writing this crap just to take a poke at some perceived slight that someone offered you regarding part 1. As I said before, you will never make everyone happy but writing a story just to troll because someone pissed you off will make sure you dont make anyone happy.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
WTH was this all about?

You complained that people were mean about part 1 then you purposely go out of your way to make sure you live up to the expectations of the worst of the ultra-hardliners? 'They think hes a wimp - Ill give them a wimp. This will really piss them off.' Not a very good way to go about telling a story imo. There is always gonna be people who dont like it but you got mostly positive reviews in part 1.

I didnt really see the need to make things worse than before just to spite people. Thats what you did isnt it? Thats all that makes sense - she screws around for a year and a half. Doesnt even say she is sorry. Tells the husband that her lover is a good guy and that he shouldnt be mad at him. Tells her husband that its his fault she had to carry on a long term affair with the fine, upstanding Carl. Doesnt give a shit that the guy she claims to love just saw his best friend die right in front of him.

Thanks for writing and please keep it up but maybe stop writing this crap just to take a poke at some perceived slight that someone offered you regarding part 1. As I said before, you will never make everyone happy but writing a story just to troll because someone pissed you off will make sure you dont make anyone happy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Makes no sense

how can a man be so upset about losing a work mate and then so forgiving, so quickly, when his wife has an affair. I think the wife was right to seek comfort elsewhere.

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
worthless

don't bother with the next piece of dogshit drivel, she's a slut/whore always will be

RPBPhotoRPBPhotoover 17 years ago
Disappointing

Your first chapter began with such promise. Beyond the story line, your writing is powerful and evokes emotions. I did not care for the second chapter. Beyond Eric's degeneration from an emotional but strong person into a seeming wimp, the emotions which your first chapter were able to create simply weren't there.

I'm hoping that Chapter 2 is simply a transition to something more powerful. If that's the case, I'd suggest that you make the submissions longer and cover more - - even if the time in between postings is longer.

Don't let negative comments get to you though. Most of us appreciate your efforts and want to be encouraging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I'm Confused - But That's Your Right

A 50 is generous given your opening statement and your chosen close.

Yes it is your child but even new children can have warts especially the first few.

You flopped traits a 180 to make a point it seems. Again you have that right but it isn't an endearing one.

No one could crawl back into bed to comfort a spouse given your scenario of 18 months of quiet cuckolding without even voicing the problem. She also voiced some direct criticisms without concern for him or his circumstance.

He owes her little if anything but after a 180 in previous thoughts decides to not only turn the other bedroom but cuddle the one who caused two families avoidable grief by her selfish acts over a very prolonged period with a good person in her opinion? Evidently, a much better person than her husband - in her long term considered opinion.

What now writer?

Look your ch. 1 was strong and demonstrated a considered position in a reasonable manner. Using the only baseline we have of you - your normal demeanor didn't write ch. 2.

Or perhaps the newness and learning curve helps to explain.

Again - I'm confused but hopeful. Step back - take some time. Try not to be offended when most are very supportive. Also, I hope you weren't offended when someone didn't choose to extend your 1st story. It was a gem in itself without a continuation.

Take a deep breath and be your normal self. You have that right as well.

With Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Eric, the wimp

The title to your story should have been "Eric, the Wimp". You begin the second part by saying don't be so quick to judge him as a wuss, when that's exactly what you made him. Maria's slutty affair has been going on for 1 1/2 years, & she never said one word about how lonely she was, what her concerns were, the future of their marriage, how much she needed his comforting arms, she just goes off & screws Carl's brains out! She is a f*#king slut, & he should have kicked her to the curb, instead of crawling back into bed, to "forgive her". What drivel! When you write about a wimp husband, you should at least post a warning. "Danger, if you don't like wimpy, whiney husband, then don't read this story."

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You're not good enough

If you want to write infidelity stories and allow comment then your skin better be 3 feet thick. 90% of your readers HATE wimp husbands and will tolerate reconciliation only after the slut cheating wife has been adequately punished.

Fucking someone else for a YEAR AND A HALF and blaming him and his job for it???? And then he goes and CUDDLES her??

You're not even in the ballpark, friend. Stop writing and go fight fires or something.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
first time in bed,i could see

year and a half fucking another man in your bed and see you every day.having her cake and eat it too.eric sound like one dumb and weak mother.wife another man whore for a year and a half and he asking her do she want a divorce.whatever he did in the past can't equal what she had done,there is no free past of a yr. and half affair.talk to ricky wife and see what see says,she might knew something that could help him get over the pain.writers write some bullshit and you are suppose to like it,the story in good the plot sucks.the wife got the balls in the family.

ohioohioover 17 years ago
if you post stories in Loving Wives,

you need incredibly thick skin, because no matter what you write you'll have readers telling you what an asshole and a jerk you are.

So I say: keep writing, let it develop the way you want it to, and don't worry about the angry remarks.

It's your story--take it wherever you feel it needs to go.

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Bulls*&t!!!!

I am on the job, have not experienced a loss like this guy relating to the job, but been damn close. As for the chesting slut... kick her ass to the curb! Like the others stated, the story started out good and went to shit. With what it takes to do this job and the relations it forges with those of your company, you do not tolerate this type of action from your family. Most of the guys I know would have put her cheating ass in the hospital and his ass in the mourge, burned hands or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Loved

What Love!

"Honey I love you so much, I don't Know what I would do without you, so I got a spare."

I am looking foreword to you pulling this out.

Regards: rovbill

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good start but

No vote yet, waiting on the final product. It is a great start but I hope you put some back bone in the fireman. What she did by cheating is a serious breach of faith. How could he ever trust her again? No acceptable words on that issue. Good luck on pulling this one out.

Drifter

BazzzBazzzover 17 years ago
Nice start

I sometimes wonder why anyone that writes in this category would want to click the public comment button. You seem to be writing a story about a charactor's life and the things that can happen which includes infidelity. Ohio is correct. If you are going to let the comments fly then you are going to have to develop a very thick skin.

All I can say is that there has to be quite a few men on this site that have serious problems with women to leave these kinds of comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good Job. Keep Writing.

Others condemning the character of the character is not understandable to me. There are people and more people out here to write about. Your writing is good. Keep it up.

EDYXXXEDYXXXover 17 years ago
NEEDS MORE WORK

Needs a lot more work, your man Eric has to either become a stronger person and deal with his loses. He has to get on with life and stop all the psyco babble. You write a very good story so keep on writing. He also has to find out why she was a cheat for over a year and why let her blame him. He has to comfront her lover also. Good Luck and keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Forget it!!!!

The story line is too lame to continue....pack it in...stand back and rethink things...so much illogical crapola.....and the writing...god awful...

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
Great Wimp Story

The slide to wimpdom begins. Well written and enjoyable, I am in suspence awaiting part III & hoping he throws her cheating ass out after he fucks her one last time. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
billwendel

Quit arguing with your commenters, if you can't stand criticism, don't write the damned story. Some will like it, some will not, you are the one coming off like the biggest wus. So far, this husband seem inclined to be a little too damned understanding to be a human being. Too easy on a whoring wife that really hasn't shown any sorrow except for the fact that she was caught, and defending her lover that was just as guilty would really piss off a husband. So don't crap on your audience if your main character comes off a too "mild"......or a pussy! You have the ending to have the last say about what the characters are really like, your move.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The story can be good but this chapter was to fast

and didn't give us enough. The husband finds a wife fucking another man and then learns she has been doing it for a year and a half. She must have feelings for the other man. But the husabnd just watches her walk away and go to bed. then he goes to bed. WTF. It should have been more involved and some answers should have been resolved here.

X_BishopX_Bishopover 17 years ago
Curious

After reading your preface to this chapter I would have thought you would not have had public comments. Between a good editor and spellcheck you should eliminate most gramatical errors. As for disenting opinions get used to them, learn from them, delete the crap but get used to them, that's part of the nature of this beast.

I had a problem with him just casually accepting her admission of a year and a half affair. You're absolutely right about the pressures and career in firefighting and law inforcement put on a marriage but a long term affair implies a little more than just what Maria stated it was. Not that having 5 to 10 lovers would have been better in fact it would have in my opinion been worse. However the fact that this was a long term affair has just as negative an impact. Love or not the trust is gone and that is the lynch pin in these situations. How can they reestablish that? I look forward with interest as to how you proceed.

Read ya later

Bishop

sherlock40sherlock40over 17 years ago
Two things

You have her cheating on him for a year and a half and he is sad because he made the comment that he couldn't trust her? WTF? You have her with basic problem of "I'll tell everyone else but the person who can actually fix the marriage."

And I have to agree with the other commenter. You have to have a thick skin to be a writer on this site. There are always assholes (like me, *grin*) who will make rude and socially unacceptable comments to an author. Hell, I have gotten some pretty crude comments about my comments. Keep writing no matter what, though. Stick it to all of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A typical "wimp" story...

...always emphasizes the husband's need to blame himself and progresses downward from there. So far the husband has seen with his own eyes her defilement of the marriage bed and he simply told the guy his wife needed him and let him go. Now he crawls back into bed with his slut wife at the first opportunity (after making a big deal about moving to another room) and snuggles up to her to comfort himself. What do you expect people to think? You've portrayed the perfect wimp husband, so expect comments to that effect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Most don't realize that two tramautic

events comming so close to each other almost nullifies each other making the person numb. The husband sounds numb. The wife sounds like your run of the mill slut. He didn't deserve the traumas. He shouldn't have to live with them.

He should get another wife that isn't a bitch slut.

hammer17hammer17over 17 years ago
Hmm!!

I agree with Bishop, you shoue write for YOU not us. HEH if WE don't like it then DON'T read it all the way through, go read something else. YES people it is that simple..... Keep writing, and I'm waiting for the continuation of this one...

Paul

budd100budd100over 17 years ago
Bullshit

I spent twenty-eight years in the fire service and never met a wimp like this character. This is the most fucked up story I have ever read on this site. I don't usually make comments on the stories, but I have to tell you, when he climbed into her bed, the bed she has fucked the other guy in for a year and a half was too much. The guy is not a man, a firefighter or even a human being. Get a life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Seems

to me that he is showing the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder.I am sure that this brave(as they all are)firefighter will begin to act in a different way as he rcovers.As for Carl,how low can you get,screwing another mans wife whilst he is out risking his life at work.The wife is just a slut.Excellent series so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Nitpickers Reign

Bill, I second your motion for a Cheating Husbands category. That would only be fair. But it is not "nitpicking" to ask an author to be responsible for her/his writing by taking the time to closely review and correct their work. A true author writes for the reader as well as herself/himself, to give the reader the best possible read for her/his entertainment, so, mature some, grow up, and take some valid negative criticism and improve your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
sorry

First of all yeah he loves her. But some kind of redemption and revenge would have to be there.yes carl would have to disappear but a year and a half of fucking someone else...If it was me and I was to stay with her sorry ass Every piece of furniture in the house would have to go. If there was a chance they might even have kissed there it would have to go. And as for me yes leave all the accounts as he changed them, He pays for half she pays for what she wants. Till she shows him she can be trusted again. As for her even if he don't think about doing anything to get even His wife needs to find him some new Pussy to fuck for the next year and a half to make it up to him..After that period if she hasnt fucked anyone else and she has sued carl for aleination of affection, After all she needs to have some way to pay for the high quality escorts she will have to supply her hubby with to let him get even. Why not make Carl pay for it. The bitch has a lot of payback to do before they can be husband and wife again..I would never do anything in a bed of mine that I had been cuchold in other than burn it..Nice premise but make the peoples reactions believable

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
A comment from another stupid reader

If we are so bloody stupid, why not just read the story to yourself??

You had a good strong first chapter, then suddenly there is a completely different character as supposedly the same guy.

And, what is this pathetic trend for cheated on husbands to accept 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the blame?

It's just a load of crap.

No woman could ever respect, or truly love such spinless excuses for men.

Maybe in stories, but not in reality

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I'm another stupid reader...

…so I gave you a zero here and the lowest rating in the voting section before also.

Darn, seems us stupid readers just don't like your style, the way you've organized your "story," or the way this thing wanders about like a drunken sailor. In short, bub, the thing isn't good at all and you'd be best advised to take some writing classes before you do anything else.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 17 years ago
maybe you folks should just go read BDSM

This and part 1 have been nicely written. Here is a news flash, tossing one's wife to the curb is not the only 'manly' response to cheating. People are complicated and react in ways that surprise themselves as well as others. A marriage is a safe harbour, or should be, and losing that it is no longer that is tough, especially for a high risk worker who is also an alcoholic.

Does that mean he will never have a cross word to say to Maria? Does it mean he will say "No sweat Carl, pals?"

No, of couse not.

Maria's excuses sound weak and faint because they are. Cheaters excuses are usually embarassing even to themselves.

Let the author present his character and think of what you will, but THINK is the operative word. How does one respond to having one's life devastated? Not by a formula found on Literotica, that's for certain!

I am curious how things will proceed for our hero.

TLeeTLeeover 17 years ago
Bullshit

You are an asshole and this is a piss-poor story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wimp? Jury is Still Out!

Re Part 1, I wrote:

"I loved the way you were able to paint a pretty clear picture of Eric and Ricky in a few paragraph. As to Eric's wife she really has no excuse (Eric as a fireman had to man his shift so she knew when he would be absent). The fact that Maria was his best friend also deepens the betrayal. Please do not allow Eric to wimp out but move on if there is more to this story".

I scored you a 100% for Part 1 but I am confused where you are going with this story. In Part 1, you have Eric saying that the marriage was over but now he wants her to have her say and he is willing to consider reconciliation.

Ok he was in shock when he found her with Carl! After a few days he wants to know if he can save the marriage. My previous comments about turning Eric into a wimp is still uncertain. A wimp is someone of shifting priniciples who fails to be true to his or her true nature when faced with a reality that requiress that you adhere to those principles.

Perhaps Eric cheated on his wife during a weak point in his life so he could understand how she can do it. Perhaps he is only disappointeed that she did not tell him about her affair so he could watch them. Perhaps Eric really values Maria and his marriage more than he does his honor and belief in martial fidelity.

What makes no sense is: Maria wants Eric to be her husband and give up his life's vocation. She was afraid that she would lose him to fire but not to her betrayal (It was obvious from her conversation with her mother that her cheating simply required that she "straighten things out with him.") Maria is shocked and upset that Eric does not know if he can trust her. Maria defends her lover and puts the blame for her affair on Eric. She also blames Eric for her inability to explain her fears, concerns and actions with Carl even though Eric calls her his best friend.

Now what? Eric can quit his vocation and try to win Maria back from Carl. In any case, I would suggest that you spend more than a page explaining any fundamental changes in these characters. In this part Maria appears rather cold (Eric just lost his best friend and she says nothing) and calculating (she used the only thing that Eric can not control i.e., his work schedule and potential danger to justify her affair).

As I commented before I think that you are an excellent writer so please write to please yourself. We will let you know if we do not like it.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Only one and a half years

I am sorry but I have been making love to another man in our home for one and half years but I really love you. If your wife walked in out of the blue and just said that to you how would to react? Crawl right into bed with her to fix your marriage? Listen, if you making love to her for the last year and a half while she is giving herself to another during the same time isnt going to fix it, then crawling into bed with her now isnt either.

She is a practiced liar and a deceiving slut. She has lied for a year and a half. She has deceived you for a year and a half. She has intentionally cheated on you for a year and a half. Think she is going to change?

Not quite like he got me drunk and trapped me in the bedroom this one time. Yeah, she would have had to drink the drinks, be alone with him, and let it happen. But that isnt a year and a half of planned cheating.

For all of you that think she will change, better start checking on your own mates, you are very easily deceived. It wasnt a mistake, it was planned out over a years time.......

phoenix764phoenix764over 17 years ago
Needs work

I'm giving you a 50% for the effort you are making. Now for the comments:

Please make your submissions longer, even if it takes longer to submit them. Reading a little of a page and then having to wait a day or so for the next tidbit is aggravating. If that is your style, either I will wait till it is all posted or not read your stories.

I can understand him sleeping with his cheating wife for 1 night, because he is still in shock over Ricky's death. I don't see that continuing for long though. He should get the master bedroom and throw her out into the guest room since she broke the marriage. If she cheated in their bed, then the bed gets thrown out. As far as reconciling goes there are several factors to consider: Did she ever voice her concerns and explain that his being away was damaging the marriage? Also the length of the affair is very important - it wasn't a simple one time mistake.

I'll wait to see what you do with the story, but please submit longer responses!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
all smoke - no fire

I kept waiting for the story to begin. So far, two chapters posted and we have lots of action - fire, death, betrayal, confusion. And yet, you haven't given us any reasons to care...about any of your characters.

So far we have a grieving widow whose brother is screwing her husband's best friend's wife. The cheating - for a year and a half - wife who is sorry.

And Eriic, a whiny guy seemingly intent of pleasing everyone, (he shows no animosity for Carl fucking his wife), not disturbing anyone, and mostly taking up space. oh that's right, he's giving his cheating wife a hug.

What a wimp - just absolutely pathetic.

Watch in chapter 3 as he gives up eveything that he values for the "love" of a woman who has no respect for him. Ho hum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
bull

A year and a half on top of his friends death and he's ready to get over it? Only if he never loved her so the hurt would be small. She made a promise and she didn't just "fall off the wagon" but made a lifestile chose. A year and a half affiar is not being a wife nor lover or loving, it is just being a roommate with benifits. He went through the fire now its her turn or he deserves the next affair ( because he didn't take out the trash or pick up his socks).

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
All Style and no story

I could not find in the story enough detail to make either of the characters come to life. To me it rang more like a formula story A-la "ladder 49". But the real problem here was- so far, it’s all style and no story – for the main conflict: the betrayal of the marriage, is coming to a forced and arbitrary resolution hardly after we have a chance to hear the first non explanation to what happened. ‘Sorry I did not mean to cheat on you for a YEAR AND A HALF?’ Think it over and see how much it makes no sense. It means a year and a half of not one minute of authentic real communication between them. There has to be a lot more wrong in this marriage than what you showed to make sense of it.

There is a potential in your style, but you need to work on more details and make any conclusion you wish to arrive at make sense in terms of building the reasoning into the plot first.

michael1950michael1950over 17 years ago
What they don't know

For those who have never written a story, or had your wife cheat on you may not know that in the throws of such a miriad of agonies a person can exhibit different stages of shock and confusion. Much less find a charachtor that begins to take on deminsions that may differ from point to point, unless you are just shallow. The story has potential I just hope the writter will let the words flow like the emotions do. Good start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
don't even know what's wrong with it,,,

and he's already on the move to "make it work"?

"we didn't mean to start having sex,,, it's been a year and a half now, I'm sorry. he was just there, listening to my worries,,, and then,,, we just,,, fucked, to make me feel better about you, never knowing whether you was gonna come home or not,,, I just needed someone to be here, with me, more than you have,,,, he didn't mean do seduce me, to fuck me,,, it just happened and just kept continues to happen,,, I'm so sorry"

"Oh, thank you honey, thank you for being so honest,,, I guess now that Ricky's dead, I won't be , won't be able to work anymore,,, so I guess you'd see me more often than before,,, but, honey, what about Carl? Are you gonna still keep fuckin' him?, even if I'm here now?, more often than before?

"Or do you want a divorce, so you two could continue to "cry" on each other's shoulders, for comfort and perhaps a bit more?"

"I don't know, honey,,, Carl and I, as I told you, didn't mean to fall, I mean, din't mean to start fucking,, but it just happened, as I said,,, but now I want him as much,,,, as much as I want YOU! God, forgive me! I want you BOTH equally! I can't live without BOTH of you by my side, day and night!"

"Fuck, honey, you gotta decide. Either me or him, Carl! I can't be living with a wife who can't stop fucking a buddy who didn't mean to seduce her but just let it happen and they've been fucking each otehr, on my bed, while I was out fighting fire, with friends dying around me!

"Gosh, honey, I love you to death,,, but I don't know if I can deal with sharing you with Carl and other men. I know you love me, honey,,, I love you MORE! But I'm not so sure about sharing, y'know?"

I mean, WTF! LOL!

It's just excellent story-telling about REAL sensitive manly heroes, brother!! Keep it up,,, have the man caress her in the bed he witness her being pummeled by a man twice her side,,, thinking as he caresses her, back to how she was fucked that afternoon:

"Gosh, this woman's incredible,,, she's so worried about me, so worry, scared, she needed someone to confide her fears in,,, this Carl guy just happened to be a "decent", warm, sensitive guy whose shoulders my beautiful wife was able to use,,, and the sexual activities the last year and a half,,, on this bed,,, they're just physical acts, to ease my wife's loneliness and worries for and over me, that's all,,, I gotta be a big man here!"

LOL!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
what kind of crap is this shit

i don't want to hurt her,after finding her in bed with another man by talking ugly to her.the writer sound like some child after mom spank him.the plot sucks and the way he writing the plot it kills the story.one yr.and half is a long time to lie and cheat,oh yes she can say i love you and everything will be alright.grow up and get a life.she been a whore and slut for another man in your bed one yr. and half.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I hope you write some more...

As the title says, I hope you continue this story line.....and by the way, your writing style is flawless! Don't take any shit from the other 'critics' of your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Curious...

Just wondering when you'll continue? To many authors on here start a story and never finish, frankly if you're not going to do a multi-part story have the curtesy to finish.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Hoping for more

Never commented on part two of this story, not sure why. The writing is good, and the characterizations are well done. From my seat in the nickel bleachers, it takes two to make a marriage work. The main character's willingness to work to save his marriage is admirable but is doomed to failure unless Maria has that same willingness. Chapter two ends and we're left hanging because we don't know what she intends. I hope there's more to their story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

FUCKING PATHETIC...DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND FORGET ABOUT EVER POSTING ANOTHER STORY TO THIS SITE...

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
OMG

What a spectacular dissapointment. Part one was fantastic, written by a real human being. This second part was written by fucking soft-cock whining sissy boy. So let me get this straight... the guy risks his life daily to save people from burning houses. The wife deal with the danger by fucking his partners sister. Because he was gone so often? Because she needed someone to talk to? For fuck's sake, this fuckwit was still so in love with her he's trying to make this marrage work? Why? What possible redeeming characteristics could this slut possibly offer him? Oh what a dissapointment.

louguy35louguy35over 16 years ago
Yes! It was a great dissapointment!

I agree with Anonymous in the South. The first chapter was an excellent beginning, but it went to hell in a handbasket in the second chapter. The wife was a self absorbed, narcissitic slut with no redeemable characteristics. There was no likelihood that she would remain faithful for any long period of time.<p>

The author missed the opportunity to portray the husband as a man who overcame his loss of a very close friend, a "brother", and freed himself of a bitch of a millstone from around his neck. Such an approach would have allowed the author to posit an ending that showed promise for a good and faithful husband and fireman.<p>

Have a good day!

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 16 years ago
Grade? Incomplete

It's hard to comment on a story that's only half told. In a way it's kinda like life, you need to finish what you start or don't start.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago

Nope, this is not it.

Well if that guy is a saint.

But then there will be no sex either right?

Is he?

a saint??

Uh uh.

Cheers

Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Glad you gave this sorry tale up!

The husband was still a wimp and the "soon-to-be" ex wife was one stupid slut. Perhaps this author is related to that idiot wantwhitewomen and side kick; bonnietaylor.

Both authors need help!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Ok, Up til

"Carl didn't set out to seduce me (LOL)...He is a kind and decent man (LOL)...I needed someone to talk to when you weren't here. He had a good shoulder to cry on. He listened to my fears and worries. You weren't here. When I worried about you he was here to listen." Guess he must have been listening with his dick you stupid, naive bitch. And why don't these guys ever go medieval on these assholes?

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Placing Blame

His wife is a cowardly slut. She blames him for her infidelity and defends the bastard she slept with. Finally he accepts this line of bullshit. Another total wimp is born. Leave the lying slut. If you require violent revenge there is the bastard and the ability to start a fire that would look like an accident. The main character has no balls. Very disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
first attempt at writing

PEOPLE CAN BE CRUEL as you pointed out in your opening state ment for comments made on your writing but in your case their not your pathetic.YOU MADE AN ASS OUT OF EVERY POLICE OFFICER AND FIRE MAN, HER REASON WAS SHE WAS WORRIED AND SCARED SO FOR 18 MONTHS SHE SCREWED ANOTHER MAN TO GET OVER IT WONDERFUL WIFE.So in the end please do us all a favour and quit writing or better yet take up comedy.

shaman43shaman43over 15 years ago
Get over it

The revenge mongers are at again. What is a wimp? What is the best and healthiest way to respond to infidelity? Well it is not with the kind of revenge the idiot revenge mongers emphasize. Hell people, I have killed while in the USMC. I have seen people die in my scope. Do not tell me I am a wimp. For me a wimp is a male who needs to be an asshole to others to cover his hurt pride. That is not real life. As a shrink I have seen lots of ways that spouses have used to handled it. Killing the lover, selling the wife off to prostitution, devastating her capacity to earn a living all are more than immoral than the act they are guilty of. Tired of you supposed men with your bluster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Bullshiter

Bad shrink. You tirade is out of line, this was his friend and his wife, she fucked another firefighter to get over the worry about her husband. She compromised his life, with a low life and she didn't care, she never quit nor would she have, she loved the sex, more than her husband, more than his life. Any sane man would run like hell from these two, but first their would need to be some payback for closeure. The story was a waste, he painted the wife in a corner that he couldn't get her out of, she was not a good woman or a good wife or this would never would have started and most deffiently wouldn't have lasted more than one or two times. No guilt, no remorse, just a lying slut and her lover, any real man would clean house and let the world now why.

Simple49erSimple49erabout 15 years ago
Boo HOO!

She cheats for a year and half as he serves his community and she knew what she was getting! Talk about self-serving, selfish rationalizing. And he actually thinks it is his fault. She is a baby, but he is an idiot. They both need to grow up. And leave each other and find people who will love them and accept them. If you marry a policeman, a fireman, or someone in the armed forces, you marry their job. Can't accept that? Get a divorce, do not cheat. Another unreailistic story. Slip once: accident. Slip for a year and a half: she is a lying whore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Stupid Wife

Continue the plot!

But i never saw a wife too selfish as Maria.The guy works hard, she protects her lover!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Divorce

Stupid slut,she is stupid whore

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
author

An author your not, you have no feeling when it comes to writing and other things.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Unbelievable

In less than 48hrs he has seen his best friend die in front of him, has had to tell the widow & comfort her then he goes home to find a faithless wife & be told she has been cheating on him for 18mths.

She tells him sorry but its the pressure I'm feeling from your job that drove me to a long term affair & he just forgives her.

Unbelievable.

No passion, no anger, no remorse, no feeling - nothing

Just like the story empty of any emotion or feeling

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 15 years ago
Carl the predator and faithless wife

This is a good story, one that probably echos real life. Carl is a predator who took advantage of the situation. The wife is a weak fool trying to rationalize her poor behavior. "I love you and miss you so much that I seek out another man." HUH??? <br><br>

The husband is a fool. If nothing else his wife needs to know that she screwed up BIG TIME. Crawling into bed with her right away gives her a free pass to do it all over again. Maybe you don't need revenge but you do need compensation and repayment. No cost, no lesson learned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE

TOTAL CRAP. WHY DON'T YOU JUST CRAWL INTO BED WITH DADDY AND SUCK YOUR THUMB OR HIS DICK WOULD BE MORE LIKE IT???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE

TOTAL CRAP. WHY DON'T YOU JUST CRAWL INTO BED WITH DADDY AND SUCK YOUR THUMB OR HIS DICK WOULD BE MORE LIKE IT???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE

TOTAL CRAP. WHY DON'T YOU JUST CRAWL INTO BED WITH DADDY AND SUCK YOUR THUMB OR HIS DICK WOULD BE MORE LIKE IT???

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sorry Charlie!

You had an excellent first part. But...! Like most of the other commenters I almost puked at the second chapter. I love reconciliation stories but you should have had this sadsack wimpy guy go back to being an alcoholic before throwing himself into a fiery blaze! She turned to another man for a year and a half? That is "NOT" a loving wife. She could have asked for a divorce if she was too lonely and thus treated her husband with some kind of respect. Then he could have married Rick's wife. A real loving wife...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
what the fuck?

I can't fucking believe this guy. A year and a half. Her boyfriend is a good man? Give me a break!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

I did not judge him in chapter 1 but sure did in chapter 2. Weak man, and then I question : Is he a man or just a weak excuse for a man. This chapter is sooooo poor. Makes one angry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
WTF - another spineless puke!

Forcibly take away his "man card" and send him off to buy a dress and a purse. He is a total loser as a man - he deserves to be a cuckold!

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 14 years ago
Very Lame Ending

I am not sure about the motives but this guy's emotions swing like a pendulum. If he was this weak in the m,arriage I say Maria had more than cause to fuck around on him.

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
Maybe the revenge mongers just need more story development.

You've put up some issues that goad emotional reactions from those with little spiritual/religious grounding in their lives. Forgiveness and reconciliation may be foreign to those who think that a good fight at the bar on the weekend is the way to settle life issues. You don't have the couple explain in detail their motives or feelings enough to understand where reconciliation could grow from. And, next time please pick better names than Carl together with Carla for characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
love

scopio44 writes about true and unconditional love in "it started in the rain"..the book "the Shack"talks in great depth about forgiveness.

There is not very much of either around. This story seems to start addressing both these issues,,,it is life

as for the nickpickers up yours,,,anyone who cannot think of more than one way to spell a word is a fool--Will Rodgers

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
5 Stars for Part 1 -1 Star for Part 2.

Deliberately set out to turn him into a woman did we?

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
It would seem the author has retired. That is very sad as he has talent. I hope he has continued to develop his ability elsewhere.

The first chapter was extremely good if a little short and with an abrupt ending. This chapter was equally well written but with an incredibly bad plot direction.

I hope the author will come back and finish the story. It's well know from my comments that I don't like many reconciliation ending but this story was cut short without any type of real ending.

Even a sucky reconciliation ending would be an improvement.

Ideally, we'd all like to see our hero end up in marriage with his friends wife, but then what to do with her scum sucking brother?

Please finish the story.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
FIREMAN, FIREMAN SAVE MY MARRIAGE

Oh, wait, I am a FIREMAN. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Come on, Bill

Your story has just begun.

Ignore criticism, ignore the flamers. Write this out.

Dan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
This ending really sucks!

Please quit writing.

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Another WACC writer

Wimps and Wuss's and Cucks Oh My!

solotorosolotoroalmost 12 years ago
Sorry, despite your opening statement ...

I can't help but see him as you painted him, a pussy-wimp. I don't know how you're going to dig your way out of this.

firas01firas01over 11 years ago
why??

why did you change your mind and force me to change my opinion of you, you should have kept your word in part one and let somebody else finish the story

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
went from

the penthouse to the shit house. One time thing maybe, over a year not just no but fuck no.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20almost 11 years ago
Convoluted

First chapter great. Second chapter is so deep in the shitter your going to need a tow truck. When he wakes up an realizes it was all a bad dream I'm going to feel silly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
started great but...

Finish in flames. Too bad man . The ending , the wimp, cuck, its too shity for any human with a litle sense of pride in him ....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not Finished

Don't see this marriage surviving. Lots of men have jobs that leave the wife at home . if you can't trust her-you can't stay. 4 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Total Wimp Cuckold Apologist Bullshit

Title says it all. 1* because -10 isn't available.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
a year and a half?

Fuck Dude, you don't have a marriage.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 8 years ago
The All American wimp

enuff said !

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
Not buying it

A year and a half? He still wants it to work? Bullshit. She knew what his job was. She also was not mute. If she had concerns with his job she could have talked to him not some predator scumbag. Carl, needs a great deal of punishment. Once the brother firefighters find out about Carl, his ass is grass (as we used to say back in the 70s). She needs to be tossed aside so he can find someone better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Yeah....you're main character is a pussy and his wife is a selfish slut, call it like it is. Don't bullshit your readers.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Well Bill, so far so good but you need to flesh out the adultery and how they could get around it. If it had been a one off thing or a short term thing then the marriage could stand a chance. But 18 months (how often is also important) makes divorce pretty much a done deal. But does he end up with Ricky’s wife do Carl and Maria get together/married. Does anyone get pregnant. Lots of interesting ways to flesh this interesting story out.

26thNC26thNCover 6 years ago
Keep going

Good old kind, decent Carl needs to be dealt with. Dump Maria, maybe Carlee would be a good place to land.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 6 years ago
Really?

What a pathetic loser. He has zero self esteem. Time to dump her and move on. Take Carl's balls as a trophy but move on. She is not worth the effort at all. I'm sure he can find a better woman not that he deserves one now.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
3

Character development took a 180.

If not for the fact it was listed as chair 02, I would not have known.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
Cuck wimp vignette

He's Cleopatra. Queen of Denial

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
No,no, no.

Worst story ending I have read in quite a while. Waste of time and a disappointment after reading the first chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A year and half

This is not being afraid that he would not get killed or hurt really bad. This was a slut that wanted to fuck another guy and keep the paychecks coming in. To love someone you first have to love yourself more. Dump this trick and move on with your life. The best revenge is a life well lived.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This storyline has so much promise, only to end it with him losing his spine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Garbage!

A cheating cunt and a dopey wimp. A distasteful story about two people I’d hope to never meet! No need for a third chapter as nothing could save this sad excuse for a story. Ugh!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Real love can conquer all difficulties. When you face death on a daily basis it changes what's important in life. however, this story is a little light on explanations for her cheating and Eric is still in a state of shock from losing his 'brother'.

Can't see another chapter coming anytime soon. Author hasn't done anything since 2006

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not much. You really can not go anywhere with it from this point.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous