Best of Friends, Now and Forever Ch. 03

Story Info
Jason and Alice find get a surprise close to home.
1.6k words
4.69
8.1k
1

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 05/02/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'm really starting to like this writing thing. I do have finals and graduation coming up soon so my time for this is very limited. I will keep this up as I can. As I promised, here is the next installment.

A big thanks to my editor, JohnnyMax, for his help and suggestions.

*****************************

Years passed by, we saw other friends we had come and go. But one thing always remained the same, Alice and I. Ever since that day on the playground we have been inseparable. I found out later that day Alice actually lived near my new house. We were both really happy when we found out...

Chapter 3: A New Friend, A New Playmate

Alice and I were waiting in the parking lot at school for my mom to come pick us up. It turned out that the bus Alice rides on broke down and it was going to be an hour or so before a different one could come. So all the students on that bus had to either call their parents or wait for the bus. Alice's parents are both working so she was going to wait for the bus. When I found out I went looking for her and asked if she would like to ride with my mom and I if Mom said it was OK. She said yes and that's where we are now.

"So Jason, do you think your mom will take me home?" Alice asks, a little worried.

"Sure she will. My mom is very nice and she is always telling me I need to make friends. So I don't think she will mind giving my new best friend a ride to her house." I reply confidently.

"Why does your mom say you need to make friends? Didn't you have any before you moved here?"

"Not really. I've been picked on a lot so I'm very shy around other people and have difficulties talking to them."

She hugs me saying "Awwww. That's so sad. I'm sorry about that Jason."

"It's no problem. Not anymore." I say while hugging her back. "I've got a new best friend. We will have loads of fun together."

During this exchange I did not notice my mom pulling up, nor walking towards us. My mom likes to kid around embarrassing me no end. So when I heard, "Why Jason, got a girlfriend already? When is the wedding? Am I invited?" I quickly let go of Alice and start blushing like crazy and upon noticing this, Alice and my mom started laughing.

"Mom! Why did you have to do that?"

"Is this your mom Jason?"

"Yeah she is. She is the best mom ever but she really likes embarrassing me."

"Don't worry about it. After what you did for me, I would like to be your girlfriend but we might be a little young to get married." Alice said giving me another kiss, though on the cheek this time in front of my mom.

Bright red again, "Alice! You too?"

My mom meanwhile is laughing really hard now and says, "I like her Jason, she is a keeper." I have to agree with her. Alice is really nice and I like her a lot. But I don't say any of this to mom for fear of more embarrassment.

"Why don't introduce us Jason."

"OK, Alice. This is my mom, Amanda Zanger. And Mom, this is my new best friend Alice Fieldings."

"Nice to meet you Ms. Zanger."

Mom looks surprised when I say best friend, but it fades and is quickly replaced by a big smile. "It is nice to meet you too Alice. Do you need a ride?"

"Yes actually. My bus broke down and the school said it would be an hour before they can send another one and when Jason heard he said he would ask you if you could drop me off at my house."

"It's not a problem. Where do you live?"
"9024 W. 13th St. right next to the park."

"Really? Jason and I live across the street from you at 9027." Then pausing, she asks, "I wonder, Alice, are you parents home?"

"No, I'm usually by myself until Mom get off work."

When I hear this I excitably ask, "Mom, since Alice lives so close to us can she come home with us until her parents get home?"

"I don't see why not." She then turns to Alice and asks, "Do you know your mom's phone number? I can call and ask if it would be all right if were to stay with us until one of your parents get off work."

"Really? You'd do that?" Alice beams. "Yeah, her office number is 555-8160. Her name is Sarah."

"OK, let me call her real quick." She pulls out her cell phone and starts calling. At which point Alice and I get real quiet so we can hear my mom.

"Hello, I'm trying to reach Sarah Fieldings."

... ...

"Hello, Ms. Fieldings, my name is Amanda Zanger and my son is friends with your daughter. We moved in a little while ago just across the street from your house."

... .... ....

"No, nothing is wrong. I came to pick up my son and it turns out that he's made friends with your daughter. Her bus broke down and it will be an hour before they send a new one."

.... .... ....

"No, you don't need to pick her up. That's actually why I'm calling. If it is all right with you, I would have no problem with taking Alice home with us until you get off work. My son and she could have some time to play together."

.... ...

"Really, you don't mind?"

....

"OK, thank you."

.... ....

"Yes, that's our house."

... ...

"OK, see you then. Bye."

We are both grinning real big right now when mom turns to us she says, "You mom says it is OK for you to stay with us. So let's get going."

"Yay!" we shout.

We both get in the back seat of my Mom's car and buckle up. Alice and I are talking about stuff like what we like to play with, our favorite toys, tv shows. Just stuff kids talk about when my mom asks, "So Alice. Jason has never had a best friend before and certainly never a girl. He is normally very shy and nervous around girls, especially one as pretty as you. Did something happen I need to know about?"

While blushing again, "Mom! You don't need to tell Alice about that!"

"It is alright Jason. I kind of figured that already during the introductions in Ms. Tommy's homeroom class. You barely talked loud enough for us to hear you but you looked real nervous and did not look at the other students very much."

"Oh, well OK. Sorry for raising my voice Mom."
"It's no problem sweetie, I was just teasing you anyway. I'm sorry for interrupting you Alice. Please continue."

We spend the trip home each of us talking about what happened before recess and on the playground; Alice crying, my consoling her, the same bullies that picked on me picking on Alice, the fighting, about Alice kissing me and when it was over, our saying we will be best friends now and forever.

"Seems like you have had quite a day Jason. You make a new friend and then you rescue her and she gives you your first kiss."

"Mom, now why did you have to tell her that was my first kiss?"

"It's alright Jason you aren't the first boy that I've kissed, but you were the best one."

I look at Alice and she gets a sort of sly grin on her face and asks my mom, "Ms. Zanger, would you mind if I gave Jason his second kiss, so he will feel better."

With mom giggling again, "Sure honey I'm sure you will make his day."

I don't admit it, but I am looking forward to kissing her again, having grown rather fond of it. Alice looks at me and that sly grin goes away when she sees how nervous I am. She gives me a look that asks "Is it all right with you?" I'm blushing but I do nod.

So we lean toward each other and bring our lips together in another kiss, although a much longer one that the other one. Still kissing, I open my eyes and see Alice's staring right back at me with a look in them I've never seen before and don't understand. They are very wide and she seems happy, very happy. I don't understand what it means.

After a few more seconds we break apart. Now I'm feeling weird; my heart is beating real fast and I'm sweating a little. I shake my head a little and then I give Alice a big smile while saying, "Thank you Alice." She is still looking at me with that happy expression when she says "I think I'm the one who should be thanking you." I don't understand what she means so I nod and turn to look out the window.

As Mom drives onto our street our excitement has returned and we are both ready to go and play. So when we get to my house we both jump out and go inside. We get to my room and we hear my mom jokingly say, "You two better not start making out up there!"

I choose to just ignore her but Alice puts on this pouty face towards my mom, who is now standing in the doorway of my room, and asks, "Not even a little?"

While giving a wink at Alice, "Well... maybe just a little bit, but don't wear him out, I need his help unpacking later and I don't want his head too high in the clouds."

Alice laughs and looks at me while I turn bright red, again. "MOM!" She just giggles and walks off.