A Long Time Coming...

Story Info
Friendship & sexual fantasy, but will they get it together?
16k words
4.78
13.2k
21
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ana & Edward V. 17.12.20 PG

Edward

I have a story to tell. Like all the best stories, this is all about a girl; Ana.

I met Ana about 6 years ago when I worked at the local University. I didn't teach or anything dangerous like that, I worked in the marketing department. Well, I WAS the marketing department as it was just me. I never really got lonely though as people were always popping into my office asking for favours and I'd made a few good friends there too, though most of them had moved on to pastures new.

I'd heard rumours of a new girl who had just started at the welcome desk so I thought next time I was around that way I'd introduce myself.

A few days later as I headed in through the sliding doors I saw her ahead of me, she was sat behind the large fronted, curved desk seemingly finishing up a conversation with someone as they walked away. As I got closer I saw how pretty she looked and suddenly I came over really shy. I thought about nodding, smiling and walking past to escape to safety but she seemed genuinely welcoming (great for the job she had) so I forced myself to stop and attempt small talk. I'm terrible with small talk. Long, deep conversation; great! Small talk; cue the awkwardness.

"Hi," I stuttered whilst playing with a paperclip I found on the counter, "how have your first few days been?"

She tilted her head and smiled, a disarming smile that caught me off guard a little, "Not too bad, thank you for asking." She paused, "How long have you been working here?"

"Far too long," I said, laughing. "I'm Edward by the way."

"Ana," she replied, "Nice to meet you, Edward."

Ana

My first few months at the university were a blur, learning new systems and staff names. The welcome desk required a level of multitasking and people management most underestimated. As a new face and the first person most speak to you got a mix of interactions. It was always appreciated when a staff member made more of an effort to engage beyond the basic pleasantries. Edward's visits were a highlight. His 5ft11, broad shouldered build with strong forearms and gentle face was hard to miss as he approached the desk wearing jeans and a pop culture referenced T-shirt interrupted by a yellow staff lanyard. His deep brown eyes and cheeky smile were captivating, especially when opening up a little more. His good sense of humour and ability to hold conversation with a touch of vulnerability thrown in was a refreshing part of the day. Despite his slightly nervous manner I hoped this wouldn't be a one off rendezvous.

Edward

We continued to chat for a little while, Ana was so easy to talk to and my nerves soon left me as we continued. I couldn't help but admire her. Her hair was tied back in a bun but there were a few strands escaping which indicated that if let loose it was pretty wild. I wondered whether that description could be aimed at Ana herself. I smiled at my silly little thought, hopefully she hadn't noticed. Her stunning hazel eyes met mine but I looked away; eye contact with such a beautiful woman was always a struggle, though it meant I noticed her strong, yet exquisitely feminine jawline and pursed lips when she stopped to listen to me babble on; and there was that smile again, it seemed so genuine and sometimes caused the bridge of her nose to crinkle a little which made her look even more cute. So yeah, if you haven't figured it out by now I very much fancied her and I haven't even mentioned her neck yet. This may become a running theme but I appreciate a good neck on someone and Ana's was top tier, the crème de la crème, piece de resistance *chef's kiss*. Long and slender and smooth, I found it hard to keep my eyes off it. I probably wasn't making the best first impression.

We finished up our conversation and I headed back to my office, happy at the introduction and looking forward to the next opportunity we got to chat. Of course whatever I thought of her didn't really matter, we were both in relationships anyway. Me being anything more than friendly with Ana was completely off the table. Besides, she was completely out of my league.

Our at-work interactions continued here and there. I found myself drawn to the welcome desk just for a brief bout of 'Ana-time'.

One afternoon the University held a team building event set outside for all staff to take part in. It was like a village fete, lots of tables set up around the central quadrangle with red and white check table cloths, staff members selling home-made refreshments and confectionary and showcasing their departments' accomplishments. It was nice, the weather was warm and everyone seemed to be having a pleasant time. I, of course, was working. Photographing the event to put on the University website and in the newsletter which, to be fair, was probably safer than me baking a cake. I spotted Ana in the distance, exiting through the sliding doors from the reception area. Along with the event, it was also a dress-down day and Ana was wearing a flowery dress patterned with petals of all colours. It was tight around her svelte waist, showing off her stunning figure. She looked incredibly pleasing to the eye as the dress flowed in the wind. She saw me from her vantage point and made a bee line for me. Her job meant she had probably spoken to at least 90% of the staff members at the Uni and here she was heading to me of all people. It was such a simple gesture but it made me feel so good that she would choose to come and see me as opposed to one of the far more interesting people scattered about the place.

We greeted each other with a smile and Ana asked me how my task was going which lead me to showing her a few photos on my camera screen. We wandered the stalls until she revealed she needed to head back to work. That was nice albeit short meet up, I felt like I'd made a new work friend.

Months later Ana was promoted into an office-based role and we began meeting for lunch, at first just wandering around the campus leading to heading out into the wider countryside and finally going further afield for food and a chat... our lunch times often doubled and even tripled in length but I found it hard to drag myself away from her and no-one seemed to miss us not being in our offices from time to time. Suddenly, I was looking forward to work just so I could spend more time with Ana. Even when lunch was over I would find myself in her office, offering my services like stuffing envelopes for her. Of course it was just an excuse to be in her company.

This one time in her office, we sat opposite each other. Ana was partly hidden behind a hedgehog shaped mug holding pens, pencils and a garishly coloured ruler. The window was open making the cheap blinds sway and rattle and Ana's hair dance to the draught.

The phone rang and Ana answered in her usual welcoming tone. Whilst she was concentrating on the call I took the opportunity to glance at her beautiful slender neck again, I could barely take my eyes away. Thankfully she didn't seem to notice.

Ana

I noticed Edward looking at my neck again. I'm not sure why, maybe he struggled with eye contact still. Either way, I enjoyed the attention even though I would have never admitted that to him. The phone call was taking forever. A disgruntled student who wouldn't accept any solution I offered and so my mind began to wander as I glanced over at Edward again. He was now staring at his phone, smiling away, probably watching another cat video. I felt an eagerness to end the phone call so I could get back to chatting to him.

Edward

And then, a week later, it happened. My girlfriend Sharon broke up with me. I didn't see it coming and it hit me hard but looking back I don't really know why. It was a horrible 4 year relationship, I would eventually dread going to see her as I would just get abuse, accusations, lies and the occasional book thrown at me. My anxiety was at an all-time high, I was nearly always ill with headaches, exhaustion, feeling sick and constant jitters. At the time I didn't realise it was the relationship causing this in me, but it absolutely was. So the breakup was for the best, which is why I just couldn't understand why I was taking it so hard.

The worst part was she didn't even tell me it was over. I was sick with the flu and was out of it for a few days and during that time Sharon never checked in on me, instead, deleting me from her social media & refusing my calls.

That Sunday night I had an absolute feeling of doom. I just sat in the corner of my room staring at the wall. Then a message popped up on my phone, it was Ana, simply inviting me for a walk on Monday lunch time and that she'd heard what had happened and was there for me. Light permeated the dark pit in my mind and I perked up a little. Ana always had a positive effect on me, even, it seemed, during my darkest times. I was so thankful at that moment to have her as a friend.

Ana

Spending time with Ed is always cool. Even when he's feeling like crap, just being with him is easy. It's one of those friendships where you just get along without issue or pretence. We're on the same wavelength. Walking in silence, sitting with him putting the world to rights when all he wants to do is shut down is just another extension of friendship. Walking along the canal one lunch, during a particularly rocky patch in his personal life I could feel his despair and put my hand on his shoulder to offer comfort. It was the first time I had purposefully touched him. I felt him tense slightly, and then relax as though the caring contact was foreign.

His stubborn streak flared up as he insisted "I'm fine really, I'll get over this soon."

I mentally called bull shit and just sat with him quietly, content on helping him as and when he was ready to accept it.

Edward

Ana was still in a committed relationship but now I was single my thoughts gravitated to her with growing frequency. We began spending more time together, meeting at the weekend and visiting places, just going for walks in the countryside or popping 'round each other's house for food and piecing together of the occasional jigsaw. Simple things but I loved every moment with her and could feel myself falling for her in a big way. Of course I kept it to myself as best I could, I couldn't let Ana know. She had a boyfriend and I was just trying to be a good friend to her. Those emerging feelings could ruin everything if I dared act upon them which lead to a bout of self-loathing and stupidly, I began to distance myself from her. I couldn't let her carry me through another cloud of depression, she'd done more than enough. We slowly drifted apart and I think Ana was dealing with her own demons too. I wanted to reach out but figured I would just make things worse. I cared for her so deeply but did everything wrong in trying to show it.

Ana

The work at the university meant long hours and generally little recognition from 'the powers that be'. The pay was good, but once the shine faded that was all it was, a pay check. I realised I didn't know what I wanted anymore, or who I was to those closest to me. Ed was growing more aloof and our lunch time escapes grew few and far apart. A departmental restructure did me the favour of getting out, but left me reeling in building myself back up from the foundations, to find myself.

Away from the university I missed my friend so deeply. It wasn't an unexpected feeling considering we had spent so much time together at work, but not seeing him for months on end gave me a longing to reconnect.

Edward

Time passed and my brain fog began to dissipate, I wasn't 100% but saw some light at the end of the tunnel. The only thing I knew was how much I missed Ana. She had quit her job so I hadn't seen her for nearly a year. I didn't want to disturb her if she was going through a difficult time but still, I dropped her a message asking if she would like to meet up sometime. I wasn't expecting a response but one did come through.

"You always know when to message me, Ed! I would love to see you."

A few days later we went for a walk. We were both a bit quiet but opened up somewhat as time went on. She revealed that she had broken up with her boyfriend and I did my best to comfort her like she did me. I wasn't too great at it, physical contact had never been my forte so my hugs were forced and awkward at best.

Ana

Breaking up hurts, even if you've seen it coming for a while, which I had, if I am honest with myself. Changes in our jobs put more strain on a romance which turned out to be more of a trial of errors and turmoil. I wanted to feel loved and wanted without having to change who I was to fit with another person's view on life, enough said.

Seeing Edward and catching up on the last year was soul food. Awkward, but still warming and although painful, I had forgotten just how much I needed him. Weird, how you don't see someone for ages, and then the moment you do, it's like you've never been apart and everything just feels right. Ed's overall discomfort was still apparent but not off putting, it was just a small part of him.

In that moment we vowed not to leave it another year before seeing each other again. A few months perhaps, as I waded through the mire of my own life before resurfacing.

Edward

It was months until I saw her again, then a few weeks, and soon we were back down to days between seeing each other. I felt brighter than I had done for a long time and grew closer to Ana again. She seemed perkier with each and every catch up. I didn't realise how much I truly missed her, with that smile, those eyes, the sweet voice, especially when she was using her ridiculously adorable 'cute' tone when talking about an animal or some such. And then out of nowhere something changed and I began to see Ana in a different light.

Ana

We were sat in a park having lunch, Edward was complaining that his back and shoulders were sore from sitting at his desk all day. I knew just the thing to help! Bring out the Pilates! (Cringe, I know!) The look on his face was priceless as I said he should give it a go to help his posture in the long term. I figured it would be a laugh to show my best friend part my morning routine to emphasise the fact that if he did even a smidgen of something similar, it would help reduce his discomfort. It was a hot day, with us sitting on the grass, our lunch by our sides, so I took the opportunity to stretch fully before another 4-hour stint in my new office. Ed looked at me somewhat quizzically, I giggled and concluded what the hell, even if it was a tad weird, I was happy and it felt great.

Edward

Ana decided to show me some of the morning stretches she does. It seemed interesting so I sat back and watched. Ana started lifting her legs up in the air, doing the splits and bending over to touch her toes. She was wearing skin tight leggings showing off her delectable curves. The show was a little too much for me and I began to get a certain stiffening in my trousers. I was going to ask her to stop and jokingly comment that it was kind of arousing but was worried that would offend her. Sure I'd fancied her from the first day I laid eyes on her, and had fallen for her hard since then, but it was highly unlikely she felt the same about me so any comment on the matter would potentially make things VERY awkward.

Instead I put my jacket over my lap to hide my embarrassment and awkwardly told her how impressive her stretches were before stuffing some stupid sandwich in my stupid mouth!

And then a few nights later the dreams began. They started off innocently enough. Ana and I sat together on a cushion in front of a huge arched window looking out to the fantasy-like countryside, or us lying on a bed together chatting away, stroking each other gently, but that soon changed. One night I had a dream where I was laid on my bed on my back and Ana was on top of me, her back on my chest. We were both naked and she was writhing on top of me as my fingers reached around to play with her nipples and my hands stroked the entirety of her body. It felt so smooth. I kissed her beautiful neck with such passion and I couldn't resist letting one hand fall between her legs and massage her gorgeously soft pussy as it got more and more wet to my touch, Ana's head rested on my shoulder as she sighed loudly... And then I woke up.

I'd always made a point of not thinking about Ana in a sexual way, she was a close friend and nothing more. At least that's what I kept trying to convince myself of but I guess my subconscious mind had other ideas. Morning after morning I would awaken to a raging erection making my duvet covers resemble a big top tent, Ana on my mind. Naked Ana, sexual Ana. What was happening to me?

Ana

Seeing each other regularly outside of the university, with our lives now far more separate made meeting up even more meaningful. At random moments together I got feelings of complete ease, when I looked at Ed I would get lost for a moment before snapping out of it. It was an exciting, warm sensation, always catching me out. It appeared briefly and then would annoyingly flee. I wished I could make more sense of it, other than just admiring him from afar.

Edward

I have an... interesting friend group. They're a peculiar bunch all things considered, but I wouldn't change them for anything.

Robert is a people pleaser. The oldest of us all but his demeanour is that of an eager puppy. Always flitting around, always happy, sometimes annoying but we always have a laugh when I tell him as such.

Aaron is the self-appointed 'leader' of the group. Honestly, the rest of us didn't even realise there was a leader so it was all in Aaron's head but we didn't care so let him continue thinking that. It did lead us to referring to him as Arrogant Aaron or 'AA' as he soon came to be known. AA was successful in work but terrible with the opposite sex. I could relate... to the latter at least!

Mike is the grump of the group. People tell me I can be grumpy sometimes but Mike takes it to another level. He always has something to complain about but he would forever step up if someone needed him. He has a heart of gold but constantly tries to hide it behind a fake veil of apathy.

I probably haven't painted them in a great light but together we always have a good time. They were headed to the coast to stay in a cottage near a small Cornish village for a late season break. Usually I would go with them but couldn't really afford it this time. They had booked the cottage that would comfortably sleep three people and made plans for each day but about a month or so before they were to go they discovered the cottage had an annex, or granny-flat, attached and asked if I'd like to join them free of charge. I jumped at the chance and asked Robert for the details. He told me it was a two bedroom flat of sorts with an en-suite in one bedroom and a kitchen further down the hall attached to a small living room.

Two bedrooms... I wondered if Ana would like to join me. She'd been having a tough time, life wasn't being too fair on her and she could have probably done with the break. Robert was happy with the idea, pointing out that it would be good for me to have company whilst the rest of them are out on their pre-booked excursions.

I dropped Ana a message, excited at the prospect of spending a few days away with her. I didn't think she would be up for it. Probably too short notice, maybe she wouldn't be as keen on the idea as I was. It took her a few hours to respond. I'd kept checking my phone in the interim and, for some reason, getting nervous about her response. We'd done so much together but inviting her on holiday with me was perhaps too forward.