Betrayed Over Conception Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, anyway you look as if you'd given me some trouble putting you away."

He looked pleased by that and said he'd never seen Gloria as happy as she'd been arriving at work that morning.

I knew Gloria had phoned him from the restroom at the restaurant, because she told me. Then when I phoned him for the meeting he'd told me that she'd phoned him with the news. He seemed to be a straight guy.

I didn't confess that it was me who'd ruined his trouser zip and wrote that obscenity on his company-leased car door, but guessed Gloria would have told him. He'd concede I had a right to be pissed off. Instead I asked him to never tell Gloria what I was about to tell him.

"Is it too her advantage that I remain tight-lipped?"

"I believe so – certainly to mine and I believe definitely to your advantage."

"Right, I'm willing to swear confidentiality."

"Just saying that is good enough for me. You appear to be a nice bloke," I said looking him straight in the eye; he didn't flinch so in my book he is trustworthy.

I told him about the development of Gloria's anxiety over not getting pregnant and how she tried pressurizing me even though she knew not to use that tactic if she wanted cooperation from me.

"So it ended up an impasse – we both refused to be first to enter fertility testing."

Harry said that's more or less how Gloria explained it but it was his impression from her that it was a fairly recent development, not something that had been going on for almost five years.

I could see it in his eyes he was shocked when I told him that Gloria was convinced it was 90% likely the problem lay with me.

Then I told him about Nancy's unexpected pregnancy. I didn't give him specifics.

"Jesus," he said. "And you could have been the only one to fertilize her egg, of course."

This bloke was a genius – he phrased that as a statement of fact, not a question; had he suggested there was someone else he would have been in danger of getting his head...well, he didn't.

"So you see, you've got to get Gloria to submit to testing. My information is that in many cases the malfunction within the system can be correct – and Gloria would be a fool denying the pregnancy she wants so much. She's got to give it her best shot."

Harry said he'd also give it his best shot and we stood up to go our separate ways, shaking hands. Then the big oaf, his eyes misting, fucking hugs me, patting me on the back and thanking me for my magnificent contribution to set him and Gloria on what he called "a new road to happiness."

That afternoon Gloria and I got things underway with our lawyer and that night Gloria went out with Harry and I escorted Jacqui. I told Jacqui everything and she was truly excited for me.

"Take it very slowly with Nancy; she's going to be out of kilter."

I agreed with that advice and Jacqui said, trying to conceal her disappointment, that she understood I would not be requiring her body that evening.

"Er, I'm right for a sixty-nine and promise you a real beauty – I feel I'm only a tad unfaithful if limiting myself to that."

"You're incorrigible, Mike. But thanks, I'll take you up on that offer when you get me home."

In the men's room at this boring function where the only person I knew was Jacqui, I phoned Nancy. She said she was well, unclouded with regrets and would resume at 6:00 on Sunday.

"That's when I start back," I said, somewhat nervously.

"I'm aware of that, that's why I chose that day to restart."

"Why was that?"

"You are my mentor."

"Yes, of course."

I then told her that Gloria and I had initiated divorce proceedings.

She sounded quite calm about that, saying she was very sorry for us both.

"I hope it has nothing to do with me?"

"As far as I know, Gloria doesn't know you exist, but will assume I've not been celibate."

"Phew, I would have hated having been the trigger."

"No, you haven't - absolutely. Nancy, this last month of yours on site, we've got to make best use of our time to increase your theoretical knowledge and on-site experience. I'm going to set-up a small subcommittee to help me with this – you're bright so couple that with knowledge and we'll prime you for your finals. I'm sorry I didn't do this at the outset."

"That's brilliant, Mike." She giggled, saying, "We really did go overboard on sex."

"Well, this time let's start afresh and let see where we go, you've had a rather traumatic experience."

"That's a great idea, Mike, rather sensitive of you I must say."

We chatted for quite a while and then said good night; I knew we both knew we only said goodnight but there was emotion in our voices. I felt good about that.

I phoned Gloria who was still at the restaurant and said I had decided to return to the site a day early, could I take her and her friend out to dinner tomorrow night.

She laughed.

"You've been beaten to the draw by Liz, she'd invited us all to her place tomorrow night – there's probably a message on your phone as she told me she couldn't get through to you. She wants you and me to meet her new man and wants to invite my new friend if that's acceptable to you."

"Yeah, that's okay providing he behaves like a gentleman."

"Oh he will," said Gloria, and I could tell she was unsure whether I was joking. "I think you will be quite impressed."

"Is he at the table with you?"

"Yes."

"Tell him to hurry his divorce through and tie you down because I reckon he's got a very nice lady in you."

"Only nice?"

"Fantastic. Goodnight, Gloria."

TO BE CONTINUED...

12