All Comments on 'Between the Pages of Adultery Ch. 02'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Harrison is fucktard.

She isn't much better. She quits her job to prove her sincerity and it was for nothing. Well done. And months after, Harrison is still working on that fridge? Seriously, get over it. Have a dry, have a drunk fear and then get on with it. His passive aggressiveness makes me want to punch him in the fucking face. And dear old mom needs to get her crap in order and quit whining over her soon to be ex husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Fucktard?

I don't see it that way. He just had his world turned upside down and is trying to process it. Everyone deals in different ways, it doesn't automatically make someone a fucktard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
fucktard?

the wife broke all trust and was betrayed by the wife, and hes a fucktard? maybe you just think he should bend over and have her fuck him up the butt too? the wife threw away 20yrs of a marriage, the love of her family, for what? a few hrs of cheating sex? and hes a fucktard? be real, life is never that way..one can forgive ,but one can never forget. and as he said, at that time, being around the wife would be torture. lets see where the author takes the story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Jeez

Damn. It hurts. It hurts real bad. I know that hurt. It makes you feel like you are in a bad dream and hoping to wake up knowing it was just a dream. But it's not.

I'm sure the next chapter will bring everyone together, hopefully with a counselor, to try to resolve this mess. With the daughter. She needs the help now most of all. I'm not sure if the marriage will survive. We'll see...

Five Stars Plus

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
1 star

already know where this is going. somthing is going to happen probably to the daughter and they will get back together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
fucktard

to the anonymous fucktard who commented so...two words... spell-check, fucktard. Proof read your shit before you lay it down. From one who has lived this horror, I can empathise with the husband. No one comes out of this unscathed, emotions dominate and rational thought disperses like smoke. Pain, suffering,and confusion is all there is to anticipate and experience initially, by all concerned.Time is the balm that gradually soothes the jagged edges of the hurt, but this is endured unwillingly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yeah, lived it too.

The bitch should put a gun in her mouth and bring an ending to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
reality sucks

As another commenter said "divorce is ugly..... and effects everyone" no one get away unscathed. You were able to show emotional roller coaster. Maybe I am obtuse. But there is two way this can go. Usually I enjoy btb but in this case redemption and forgiveness maybe appropriate.

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 10 years ago
After reading this

I know why adultery is called cheating. She cheated on her husband. He is cheated out of the life that he envisioned with his family. The daughter is cheated out of the life she deserved, two parents in a loving home. Laura cheated herself out of her dignity.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
Nice continuation

Looking forwared to the finale.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Sympathetic to both sides of the debate

However...life shits on you. Some guy is told to go to someplace he has no interest in going, to have people shoot at him and he gets his leg blown off. He made A choice and every choice after that is forced on him. So he is stuck dealing with the consequences of life shitting on him.

So...he could wallow (yes WALLOW) in his emotions of pain and betrayal forever, eat deep fried Twinkies for dinner every day, watch daytime television and bitch about how life shit on him as he sits on his wheelchair with a rapidly expanding waistline.

I understand this. Some blows are very hard to recover from. This does not, however, make him a figure to emulate. It makes them a person to pity.

HOWEVER, we see examples of people actually COPING with blown off legs (and blown off marriages). They GET ON WITH LIFE. They fight the negative emotions and instead of looking for justifications for wallowing, they wipe the shit off of them and they RUN RACES on their prosthetics. They do not let the failure of another human being become the defining feature of THEIR life. Let it stay the defining feature of her life.

And even if they fail to recover, it is nice to see them TRY.

Is he a fucktard? No. But I don't see him as particularly admirable in his response. There is a dignity and power to forgiveness. He could have gone that route. The wife, after all, made the necessary first moves.

He could have shook the dust off his feet and left her forever. The two years would fly by as he focused on his job, his new interests and his daughter. One step at a time to freedom.

He did not choose THAT route either.

Instead he choose stasis...which is not in any way admirable. Will the log jam break? I guess so. LTW knows.

One point which I find INCREDIBLY unrealistic is that this woman who 'broke the glass ceiling' couldn't find another job besides being a waitress in a FUCKING DINER? Are you kidding me? This woman was educated enough and driven enough to have an office and a dedicated older secretary who was frankly very admiring of her talents.

The ONLY way that makes a lick of sense is if this job is penance. But that doesn't work since one of the defining features in her personality was lightening the blow to her daughter as much as possible. Having her family sink into penury because SHE'S A WAITRESS doesn't work in the character as defined. And in four months, she NEVER found anything better? Her company bigwigs were going to go ballistic that she quit, but she had to become a waitress? REALLY?

I am curious to see where this goes and I am glad the submissions come quickly. Well done there.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Choices

He has choices:

1. Forgive her, and stay in a broken marriage with a huge wound in his heart.

2. Do not forgive her, move home to raise his daughter until she goes to college.

3. Kick the wife out, and he and his daughter move on with their lives.

4. Move on with his life, do not seek a divorce, establish a new home and take his daughter with him.

(There is no option where anyone lives happily ever after) All for her ego and a little cock, three people have had their lives shredded.)

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
WITH ALL THAT PROVERBIAL SAND

some of it is bound to foul up the smooth running gears, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Dear Anonymous

You are quick to declare that you hate where the story is going, or where you "think" it is going, and since that makes you feel bad you are not only giving it a 1-star rating but also making sure, through your commentary, that the author knows exactly how pissed off you are.

And your ire is perfectly understandable of course. I mean, how DARE he write a story that is so excellently crafted that it almost makes you feel the turmoil and pain in the wake of adultery? And then adding insult to injury by keeping the story realistic and making his characters react like real people? The audacity! Doesn't he know that his task as a writer is catering to your hang-ups and write cookie-cutter revenge scenarios? Unfortunately you can't give him MINUS-5 stars, but he sure deserves it! Yeah! Damn straight! Booyah!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
She should have kept her mouth shut

I still say there is no way that a cheater who was so excited abut her affair for months would drop her lover and her job just because she stumbled across a book about cheating. She was selfish enough to carry on the affair despite having a "perfect" husband and marriage. She knew what she was doing was wrong the whole time. A book wouldn't tell her anything she didn't already know. Her job didn't require her to cheat. If she felt guilty about the affair and wanted to stop, she should have done it and got therapy. Telling the daughter first was crazy. Her confession fucked over everyone. She should have lived with her guilt and tried to be the perfect wife. There is no way her husband would have found out. The only time such a confession makes sense is if the cheater no longer wishes to be married.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
I still like it...

I still like the story until now. And I want to know the end. I'm a person that believes that all humans make a mistake, but what make them a good person is to admit it and never make the same mistake ever!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The lesson of chapter one...

BOY! Was I wrong in my last comment??? I was the one guessing that Harrison might ALSO be cheating. Err....guess not, huh? I thought that first night WAS his birthday, but no, that was wrong too. However, I wasn't the only one to make some commenting mistakes. Other, big name authors and commenters seemed to only be skimming the words and missing out on some important details. It seemed Slirpuff was commenting on a completely different story! A few people thought she bought the book and THEN decided to cheat! At least I got confused in areas were there were only sparse details. Well, I always knew LTW is a very good author, who engineers his craft carefully. I still think HDK must be the master of the red herring, but it IS fun, whether story or movie, to try and guess where a story is going, well before you get there. I learned, we as readers, can't be so caught up imaging chapter 4 to have read more carefully and enjoy the chapter we are on! I do feel bad, because it seems that reading so many of these stories has made me jaded. I was RELIEVED actually, that Harry wasn't cheating as well. He was just in too much shock to be thinking clearly. ( a genuine response). This chapter DOES do more to help us learn about him than the previous one did.

Well, LTW, I will keep my guesses to the outcome guarded a little more closely, and leave the writing up to you. At the end, will be the time to decide where the mistakes were made, and how we feel about sharing all this pain. In the meantime, thanks for a great offering that has us already looking forward to the next post tomorrow!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I gave it a 5 to offset the asshole annony!

I will seek out these stories and when asshole annony gives a 1 I'll give it a 5 to help the writer. We are loosing all the good writers because of the asshole anony!!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 10 years ago
The best measure of a story is

the emotions it creates. Does it make you sad, angry, happy, melancholy? LTW has given us food for thought. This is not the typical cheating slut wife. Great plot and thanks for writing!

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
Great Real story.

Wow. Excellent story. I don't know why the anonymous character thinks that Harrison is a fucktard. He has had a span of 24 hours to process the fact that his wife fucked another guy. Who wouldn't be angry at that? And the other anonymous person who is angry because he knows where his is going. Whether this ends in reconciliation or divorce, this story is very true to life.

I suppose you would rather have him try to video tape his wife fucking Brad so that he can set up some elaborate plan to publically embarrass the wife for maximum revenge. Or maybe do something illegal that turns Brad's life to shit, but get away with it because the cops are too stupid to connect him to the crime. Would these things satisfy your sense of justice? Do you need to see the bad guy suffer so badly that you no longer want realism? I suggest you watch Power Rangers or Spiderman then.

This story is very realistic and is filled with real emotions. While her attempt to make this right is commendable, the truth of the matter is she betrayed him. He doesn't HAVE to forgive her just because she did these things. He is not obligated to take her back. Even if he doesn't take her back, he is not the bad guy.

I feel bad for him, but I feel worst for Ashley. She is going through a lot with this affair at such a vulnerable age. She could wind up making some decisions that could have a negative impact on the rest of her life. If the parents don't find a way through the anger, they may have to sift through her minefield for years to come.

Once again, excellent story. 5 Stars

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Extremely well developed slice of life

Perhaps she should have kept her mouth shut. But she confessed and showed remorse as well as lamenting her stupidity. Many cheating wives never do this in other stories. Perhaps this gal deserves another treatment. Human being are very variable in their recovery time from bad happenings. We are looking at one case here but I do not doubt that at least 30% would behave similarly.... Great work!

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago

Not as good as chapter one. The wife taking a job as a waitress and a two year wait for a divorce just felt off. Hubby not going for a divorce using adultery to spare the daughter being called to testify is one thing, but to not even mention he wanted one to his wife and find out if she would go along again just seemed to out there.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 10 years ago
Behavior

I am eternally grateful that the teen years for our two kids were not as bad as some friends we knew. Maybe that was because my now ex and I stayed married until our kids were in their upper twenties in age, who knows? Reading this great tale just reminds me of the pressures and emotions of family life. It is easier, much easier, if couples do not get hung up on rules of sexual fidelity imposed by society and other outside the marriage influences.

This story just feels so real, all too real - good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story so real about life in a broken marriage today

I feel for him the daughter and some symphony for the confessing wife. Can they get themselves back together or is his pain to great to. Forgive. In any case there will always be pain. The daughter needs some guidance and I think the father will straighten her out. Any way you look at it what a mess she created all by herself. As we know the human race can screw up in so many ways are we an addictive society?Between drugs, cheaters, gambler, murders,abusers , thieves, the list goes on forever. This is just one story with. Millions more out there.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Damn...

It started strong, and ended with another cliffhanger. You, sir, are becoming a master of leaving it dangling from a cliff by two fingers!

That said, this one still had a helluva impact. She had an affair. Point against. She came clean. Point for. She hasn't been screwing around since then. Point for. I could ALMOST see reconciliation happening for the sake of Ashley. But the problem is that Hubby would have a deep resentment for Wifey for the rest of their marriage, however long it would last.

Once the Trust is gone due to betrayal of that magnitude, that's the end of the relationship in all but name IF he decides to come back. He would have to spend the rest of their marriage checking up on her with phone taps, pulling cellphone records, a GPS in her car, hidden video cameras, etcetera, et al. All of that to make positively certain that she never did it again. The problem with that is it would cost quite a bit of cash, and it would slowly eat away at both of them until there was nothing left. Wifey would feel like she was on house arrest with work release, and Hubby would always wonder if she somehow figured out a way to cheat on him again.

LTW, you're a great writer. That's the truth, man. But like with ohio, I get the feeling that you're going to start writing more Reconciliation tales. Granted, you're making a strong case in this one for a reconciliation, and it's made me think. Personally, I wouldn't be able to trust her again after she pulled that shit. From Hubby's point of view, it would seem like she only confessed because there was some danger that he'd find out another way. Even if all her friends who knew about the affair were sworn to secrecy, it would slip out eventually. Only Wifey's point of view in this one convinced me that wasn't the case.

Anyhow, this comment is already long enough. So without further ado...

5 Solid Stars, and I hope you at least make the Reconciliation believable in the next chapter, if you plan to go that route.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
Well-done! 5 stars!

Chapter 2 could have gone in one of several directions. Chapter 3 probably has fewer options. I got choked up as H moved into his extended stay. It reminded me of the feelings I had 20 years ago as I shopped at K-Mart for supplies for my unfurnished apartment. Now we're four months down the road and I have some unanswered questions: 1. What did H do re the "A" book? 2. Does a 15-year-old daughter really want to spend most (all?) of her weekends with Dad? 3. Has H raised the notion of a no-fault divorce?

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001almost 10 years ago
Can't believe it....

The wife who broke the glass ceiling at work didn't realize she was doing something wrong for 2 months while getting porked, AND THEN read a book to get a JESUS moment ?

She doesn't come off as a professional or a problem-solver but a cheat with lots of self pity. If she has such a depth of guilt, she wouldn't have cheated for 2-3 months, and though not mentioned in the story makes me think the cheating didn't stop because of love for the husband or any guilt.

Ideally she should have stopped cheating, cut off any contact with her paramour, taken therapy to find the real reason (not the "I felt entitled" line she is dishing out....), kept life going as usual and confessed to her husband ONLY when it would not affect her daughter probably when she left for college.

She has done nothing of that sort but by "confessing" (first to the daughter and then to husband) she has transferred the "monkey of decision making" onto the husband, and scarred her daughter's psyche.

I'm unable to summon any sympathy for the cheater wife.

FD - I wouldn't fully agree with you that the husband isn't showing "character" by remaining "in stasis". Here is a guy so happy that "he has it all made" and he is forced into a shitty situation not because of any mistake he made but because the wife decided to cheat because "she could do it" and painted him in a corner. He has basically lost almost all the absolutes in his life and he is probably not young enough to salvage his life elsewhere. But you're right that he should do something so that his daughter doesn't get screwed up in life.

Whatever the husband does is going to affect the impressionable age daughter:

1. If he reconciles,/stays daughter may think cheating is alright and forgiveness is a given.

2. If he divorces, daughter is losing the family unit, and is going to resent both parents (one for cheating and the other for not reconciling) based on her moods.

Good story till now ! I honestly feel they should divorce and kind of live together till the daughter goes to college.... and then split...

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Well written story (as all LTW's are)

Question for Harrison: are he and his daughter better off with her or without her? Great story and interesting comments.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
The other thing Harrison should do...

Is spend a week in Nevada and party hard. Would put some balance back in the relationship and then he and his wife might be able to go forward. An affair with somebody would also do that, but more likely bad side effects.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
SO you're going to GUILT us for what SHE did?? What an asshole!

"TRAGIC FIGURE" is how you described the whore.

Gee! I wonder if you have an AGENDA???

ALL women believe this:

"It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"

EVERY FUCKING WOMAN BELIEVES THIS !!

1) I agree to marriage & give up NEW PUSSY in exchange for FIDELITY.

If I am not getting fidelity, there is no reason to give up new pussy!

2) Forgiveness does not mean I have to forgo JUSTICE.

Comprende! amigo??

Let him collect TWO MONTHS of some beautiful sweeties AND THEN he can forgive her!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Well I have a different attitude

When my girlfriend fearfully told me she had been unfaithful to me, I gave her a big hug and kiss,took her home, and made love to her.

These days she likes to bring ladies home for three ways.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
get it right, whether he goes back or not the family is broken by the wife

since she cheated for work she is a professional whore. She needs to give the daughter over to the husband for him to raise, she cant. As far as the girl is concerned the mother is below contempt and damaged goods. The husband needs to gather evidence, grow a pair, get a divorce and file for custody of the child.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

"Had his heart hardened so? Have I destroyed the man I love?"

Um...........DUH?

Let's see, you have an affair, spreading your legs and cunt lips open for a man not your husband and you are wondering if you've hurt your husband? Seriously?

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 10 years ago
Anonymice

I hate the gutless, brainless assholes who make damned ridiculous comments. Many of which seem to think the husband is over reacting! The one who said he hugged his unfaithful wife is really fucked up.These cunts can always be expected to make assinine comments. They would kiss and make up if their wives fucked them up ass with a flag pole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Oh

Grow the fuck up the lot of you act like spoilt children

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What?

Where is the sex?

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 10 years ago
Again well written

What it points out is that when you love someone,the pain of betrayal is devastating.You can see it in some of the posters reactions,where they totally see Laura as this evil whore and see only red.Others rightfully have pointed out that Laura realized what she had done,for whatever reasons,and decided the truth had to come out if there was any hope of reconciliation.Who would you trust more,the person who on their own confessed,or the one who is found out.

As far as Laura being too smart to.have an affair,that is idiotic.Affairs.come from the emotions,and our brains can't.always control those,if it did people would never do stupid things,like take a dare or cheat.With the waitress job it could be a form of penance to her,that that is all she deserved,or she is too emotionally shot to do anything else

In a sense Brad is just as puzzling,he is mr.fixit,yet.is hanging in limbo for 4 months,living in a hotel,not moving back or on.He makes no attemp at therapy for himself,not necessarily to reconcile,but move on.Among other things he doesn't realize that not moving on is wrecking Ashley,and blaming Laura.doesn't solve.that.Not blamijng him,just saying he is emotionally fucked up,too.

In a perfect world they would realize there is a reason to try and reconcile,Laura shows real regrets and willingness to make a new relationship,she has given up her pride and ego w the.job,and brad that he loves her...but life is not perfect.

Something some of the commenters,who spring out the biblical forsaking others and so forth,is another quote,"to err is human,to forgive,divine"

Look forward to.the last part,this one is a gem

YathinkYathinkalmost 10 years ago
The answer to adultery is not simply forgiveness

Many good intended souls simply say to "forgive."

The problem is forgiveness does not replace what has been LOST by virtue of the adultery.

For many men the sex is not even important.

It is all the OTHER things the adultery signifies which makes the adultery very difficult to get past, even once forgiveness occurs.

harbormaster1harbormaster1almost 10 years ago
W O W

Here it is a Holiday and I have to visit grand kids....and my favorite author is writing an all time classic.

Well nobody writes them better.

What a story...she reads a book and becomes a new woman. Can that happen? Can Victoria Fredericks afford to loose the business? Will hubby beat up the best client? Can the daughter stop her addiction to cocaine? Can hubby get a better flop house?

At her age how many 16 hour shifts can she work? Please do not make me wait till next Saturday AM to find out.

All my best, AHS class of 56 : go Cardinals

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Ignore the morons

Great, well thought out story. Can't wait for the next submission.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Yathink

I liked your comment.

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago

2nd comment as stuff got left out due to tablet acting up.

One thing that hasn't been addressed in this tale is Laura's ease and ability to fuck around for 2 months and lie so perfectly to her husband and daughter about it. Her lack of any guilt or remorse during her affair is pretty damming of her true character and shows what she really thought about her family.

Her actions to date have been and continue to be, totally selfish. Laura coming clean was done to ease her conscience and could not, in any way, benefit her husband and daughter. Quitting her job without having something else lined up, was only ever going to put the family under financial pressure at best and again only benefits Laura's conscience as she doesn't have to face her fuckbuddy anymore. Instead of insisting she move out, she lets her husband do it, so the two innocent parties in this mess have even more suffering to endure.

As KarenE pointed out, Laura's actions have all been about putting the hardship on her families shoulders instead of suffering in silence and doing her best to be the greatest wife and mother.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 10 years ago
Zzzzzzzzzz

LTW is obviously a talented writer, but these types of stories bore me to tears. They're as formulaic as the typical "cuck" storyline, but without all the sex.

Maybe it's simply because I've never been through a divorce, but I find it hard to believe that anyone enjoys reading about all of the various divorce laws and statutes, suffering through the fallout of a failed marriage and broken family, etc.. Given their popularity, it seems like there is a wide audience for these stories. Maybe it's cathartic in a way. I just don't get it.

All of that said, I'll most likely read the next few chapters, simply because I'm fascinated by the comments. I'm at a loss to envision an ending to this story that would pique my interest, but I hope I'm wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Does anybody read, or simply scan then make dumb uninformed comments??????

She cheated before reading the book. She fucked Brad twice in two months.

Read the damn story.

Anon7

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 10 years ago
Good Writing, Good Story

The critical commenters give you unintended props by having strong feelings about your story. While this is formulaic, on oft-told story, we still find ourselves caring about the characters. Good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
That's because your a willing cuckold swallower, opps I mean swingerjoe

you don't get it because you would share your wife the Dallas cowboys. Your a willing cuckold and you love it. So go back to the English bob, whore wife stories and you'll feel at home

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 10 years ago
Dear Annony

It's "you're", not "your." And it's "oops", not "opps."

Do you need to be an illiterate fool to join your club, or is it a massive coincidence?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A good knot wasted.

I hope somebody will take up this knot and do justice.

Bev59Bev59almost 10 years ago
Keep going

I like the second installment and am looking forward to what's next. xoxo Bev

SlirpuffSlirpuffalmost 10 years ago
Good job

As real as anyone going through a divorce can be. Very good job of writing....

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
*****

Getting very near reality in this tale. A sad and heartbreaking tragic story. As far as the "no sex" comments, it's a good break in some of the drivel written here. I find no serious fault in sentence structure nor spelling typos. It happens. Good show! Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Shitty

Adultery is a total betrayal. While I would prefer reconciliation in most cases, It seems unlikely here.

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 10 years ago
I have to comment!

Okay. I was going away to comment on this until it was finished but circumstances have changed.

To LTW: this is a fine story! The characters are believable, we can see the good and bad in all of them, and it reflects reality. You've done a fine job of communicating events, emotions, guilt, anger, and helplessness which often accompanies a betrayal. I wish I would have written this. Please, keep this up and I can't wait for chapter 3 however, Laura should be able to get a better job than a waitress! And after four months, Harrison is taking this for betrayed husband crap just a bit too far. By now both should be seeing how this is affecting their daughter. They should be taking proper steps to combat this. Harrison is beginning to get on my nerves with this "oh poor me! Life is so terrible to me!" In real life, if a friend had described this to me, I would've told him that if things are that heartrending to either get off the pot or shit. Nobody likes a cry baby! I would point out that his wife did a very courageous thing by telling him.

To FD45: I have never seen a better example of thoughtful commentary then yours. You thought this through, you made valid points and it was a pleasure to read. I agree wholeheartedly with your observation that poor Laura should be able to get a better job than a waitress! Unless, as you pointed out, she's doing this for some kind of penance.

I can't wait to see how this ends! This is one of the best stories I have read here. And to those who are crying because of this lack of sex there is no rule that says these stories have to be filled with "I watched as her black lover took his 12 inch Dick and spewed a gallon of sperm into her waiting, open pussy" if that's all you need, there are plenty of other stories to read.

LTW, don't keep us waiting!

Best regards,

Chagrined

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
Perhaps if we too had read the book

we could appreciate where this is headed. so far everything she has done has been "between the pages". please don't have the husband read the book and forgive according to the formula in the last chapters. so far I feel like someone trying to get to the destination without the roadmap. a very hollow feeling.

user110user110almost 10 years ago
personally, i cant feel for the guy.

especially the way it all went down. i want to point out to him that 100% of all the strife everyone goes though after she confesses is a result of HIS actions, not hers.

i don't see the issue being a lack of trust because she had sex with a guy. the betrayal occurs from keeping secrets from hubby while giving the lover intimate knowledge of (and thus power over) her marital relationship. and that doesn't seem to have occurred in this case. even with 20/20 hindsight, hubby admits he couldn't detect any lessening of his relationship. she confesses solely due to a guilty conscience, as un-self-serving as a motive can be.

when a cuck is immediately gung-ho for divorce without reconciliation even entertained tells me that hubby was already looking for a way out.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 10 years agoAuthor
I never submit anything until all chapters of a story are complete...

Then I submit them one day apart hoping they post one day apart. It doesn't look like chapter 3 is going to post today. So, let me remind those who have had strong feelings in one direction or another, there's one more chapter you haven't read yet.

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
Harrison made a mistake

He should have thought of Ashley's best interests and let Laura move out even if he had to cover the cost of her motel. Leaving his daughter in the house with her cheating mother who was responsible for the destruction of their family was a terrible decision.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Next stop RAAC Town

You can see it coming for miles.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
3*

Pleasant, oops ! I mean mundane ,simple story.

Where is the plot twist ? The excitement ? Six pages of ordinary, sad tragedy.

Is it some fashion trend?? Why is ' realistic' stories becoming so popular ?

I come here to enjoy the sex, violence, outrageous coincidence ,astonishing conversations . Come on !

Laptopwriter you know I could read hundreds of cases like this downtown at the

Daley center courthouse .

All your previous stories had a little something , bondage for example . A cop sting, or something .

Not much else to say. I like your straight up writing style .Oh , one thing Arlington Hills, Devon and the river. That stuff is hilarious !! I am waiting for something like

wealthy Garfield Park or Cicero ave. and the lakefront, lol !!

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Although it might be a sad realistic story - hope the daughter causes great anguish to the slut wife

Fucking skank deserves to self medicated and end this particular sluts existence on earth and to prevent any further degradation to the gene pool. Omg - we hope she "offs" herself so that the clueless widowed husband & daughters can move on from this tainted skank's presence. Christ - this skank is as bad as ukresearchers & B4Charlie's sluts.

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
This is great...

First, this is of course a five, a full fledged five!

Now for some fun.

I can't help but feel good that somebody else, in this case LTW, has worked his ass off writing something creative, original, and interesting only to have a certain group of commentators pour shit on it. In that regard LTW you've been caught casting pearls before swine.

Second, I think HDK hit it. Look at all the comments! You've hit some chords here fella!

Third, most of the big boys have come out on this one. I mean you've gotten comments from several site writers I'd kill to get. Man I'm jealous. Man you're a terrific writer!

Fourth about the story. Laura screwed up with Brad, but give the devil her due, she's trying to put it away. By moving out Harrison is just one step from being a runner. He's hiding in a motel room while everything he built is crumbling. He's got to 'man up'. I don't see divorce as a real option, but Laura may end up forcing it on him. Harrison has a daughter he has to save. Worse, he's been in a motel for months. He needs to face Laura, he needs to get the gruesome details. He needs desperately to make her truly understand his pain. Right now he's just dangling. What could be the next worse thing to happen to Harrison; Laura might meet a man at the diner. Now wouldn't that make him feel better, ha! I'd like to see Harrison meet Brad. I don't mean get in a fight, but a 'hey do you know what you've done'. I'm waiting for chapter three. This could be really interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
hmmmm

We all like to BTB when its deserved. Also, forgiveness is a concept in social, religious, and legal ways.

She did confess, she quit her job, she wants to make amends and pay her costs.

She does seem to be remorseful and wants to salvage what she damaged.

Her daughter is acting out, she needs psych help.

Unless the wife gets them into family, marriage, and individual therapy there is no hope at all.

Sounds wussy but the author is doing a good job with the wife NOT being like so many many others in loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I Cannot Agree

I cannot believe most commentors think this is 5*s!!

I gave you 3*s and regret it. I should have stuck to my original desire of 2*s .

LTW re-read your previous stories: He said No; Return to Chicago; It was written in the Stars ; The Fourth Man ( the dumbest wife outside of a SS06 story,lol).

All had something special in the plot, or the characters really grabbed you, emotionally. This story doesn't. For example Laura has an epiphany from reading a book. We don't get it.Because you described her marriage, you had her tell about her affair .In the story the reader didn't experience anything with her. So it was all diminished.

Please don't get me wrong. I admire your ability. Your bold to post. But if you look at the body of your posted stories, then this is a lesser work. So far.

Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

I wonder if I'll get flamed now, lol.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
good story

cant wait to read the next chapter

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Enjoying it

Thanks for the offering.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Yep the pain keeps flowing -

It is a long road back from self loathing after you fuck yourself up so completely -

And everyone else has to make the same trip -

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
Thank you

For not making the husband a cheater too! Now, if you can get him to grow a pair, I'll really be happy. Now, at great personal risk; I'll stray from my BTB buddies and explain that by grow a pair I mean suck it up, deal with the pain and take care of your family. She wasn't caught in the act and was forced to quit. She realized what she was doing and stopped on her own; and if quitting her job and confessing doesn't show true remorse I don't know what could. And if I hear "once a cheater, always a cheater" again I may puke as I can only take just so much stupid. You can't know what is going own in someone else's head; but taking things at face value, I say give her a chance.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
BETWEEN THE STREAKEN TEARS SHE WORE

like those missing from her heart in times better not so long ago, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Bit misleading?

Isn't your account of the meeting with the attorney a bit misleading. He only needed a saparation; divorce is for when you are hell-bent on making the same mistake again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
How to understand good scores.

She cheated plain and simple. Now ground work being laid to make him a wimp. Blah!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Last Anon hit it right on...

Typical wimp scenario being created.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
difficult

Some good points being made by all.Obviously she is beating herself to death over her despicable actions.She realizes what her actions have done to the people she feels she loves. But, it is harder than hell to get past the vision of your wife on her knees sucking some other guys cock.....repeatedly. It is a dilemma.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yep, wimp scenario created.

Boo

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
@SplitAces...I agree about the "cheater" comment...

If people want to use the phrase "Once a cheater always a cheater" to refer to the fact that, since you can't UNcheat (just like you can't UNmurder someone), once you've done it once, the label will apply forever even if you never do it again, OK, in that case it's true.

If, however, they're using it to mean "Once you've cheated once you will definitely cheat again", that I find fault with.

If you believe the latter, then "once a bed wetter always a bed wetter", "once you fail a class you'll always be a failure", "once you disappoint your parents you'll always be a disappointment" etc, etc, etc...

Maybe people who believe that should not be parents since their argument then would presuppose an inability to learn from mistakes.

"Thanks Dad for ruining yet another relationship of mine by telling the girl I'm a failure - though you didn't mention WHY you said I was a failure was because I failed third grade math or that I then went on to become a mathematical prodigy."

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
TROUBLES-TROUBLES EVERYWHERE

the cause and effect leaves everything bare. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Powerful, honest, well written

Congrats. Great story. Five out of five. Powerful, honest, sad, well written with a ring of truth.

Mordant96Mordant96almost 9 years ago
Powerful statement on the wages of sin

I wish there was a book "Between the Pages of Adultery." It should be required reading before a marriage license is issued. This story is professionally written and grabs the reader by the throat.

More like this coming?

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Finally,the Effect On the Child!

In so many of these "Cheating" stories,the children's feelings,reaction,and resulting behavior are ignored! In this segment,the effect of a parental separation,and its effect on the child is addressed,and that casualty is the saddest of all.

Their mutual love for their child may just turn out to be the motivation for each parent to push aside their hurt,fear,anger and pride and examine what they actually feel for each other. (Especially the injured party,the husband)

- The pain and anguish caused by the betrayal of infidelity,to all family members involved,is clearly presented in this,up 'til now,very sad story.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Tickets

It was unnecessarily cruel to not use the tickets she bought and make her waste the money.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Well

Out of the mouths of babes. Adultery not only affects the spouse, it affects the entire family. Damn

friedcheesefriedcheeseabout 8 years ago
tickets lol

its too cruel because she wastes her money? he already spotted her not having to pay for a place to live because he knew she couldnt afford it. the birthday party was a crappy thing to do since he couldnt leave and had to act nice because his daughter was part of it. and the tickets were a shitty gift too. this is the first time he has alone with his daughter and she is dictating what he has to do with her. maybe he didnt feel like going out when he feels like shit but now he is basically forced to since his daughter is excited about going.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
So painful

But very good writing.

I'm glad you're covering what happens with kids.

They are the biggest victims of infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ if

At one point wife goes on and on about if only she knew the hurt she would cause

Tough to believe she thought no one would be hurt.

That paragraph did not seem to fit her character given her reason to have affair

√&√

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Another reading...

Still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lies

Lies... Such as she loves her husband. If she loved him she wouldn't have deliberately did the worst thing she could have to.him.

Truth... She does not respect him. Otherwise she wouldn't have cheated.

Trust... Harrison should never trust her again. She already broke the biggest promise she made to him. There is no way to know what else she is lying about, especially her claims of loving him. And her claim that it would never happen again. She cheated after promising to be faithful.

Please no RAAC. For the above reasons.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Wow!

Very realistic. Simply heartbreaking. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Mistakes happen months long mistakes are excuses.

After the hormones died down I realized I wanted to be monogamous.Why can't he understand that I would never fool around unless the other person got my hormones exited?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
such a sad story

I usually try to separate the writing from the story. this is probably the third time Ive read this ... but well, I'm in to it. I am actively trying not to remember how it goes. I'll read it to the end. And enjoy it? Hope so.

I usually post comments as a Literotica user, but this time, I think I'll hide. I don't want to be known as a softy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Idiots

This is a story about idiots all around!

She's an idiot for doing it.

He's an idiot for even considering letting her get away with it.

The daughter is an idiot for thinking that it's all about her.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Interesting

Laura should have keep her secret

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
One of the best

One of the best stories I've read on the true cost of cheating. It affects family, friends, work, just everyone connected to the cheater. Great story going forward.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Very, very good

This is a very good example of what happens, very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So Far The Only One

Not paying a deep cost is Brad. Signed: BTW

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
26thnc said it

Await your finish

Artie88Artie88almost 4 years ago
Conceptually good, and original...

but it is so stilted and boring.

Characters, characters, characters... no development = no empathy... means readers don't get invested.

This means that the story is just a series of facts... and reads like it too.

The wife gets some treatment, but we as readers get absolutely no insight into what she is thinking or what she is reading in the book... lessons? raunchy stories???

Story could have been really great, and I kept reading in the hope that the author would find some way to make it engaging. But that never happened.

It just felt like a staged series of actions and dialogue on a blank page with no context, no people, just the words.

Gotta say, I was expecting more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
SORRY!

For the low score, but you waste your writing talent with this psycobabel bullshit. The formula for dealing with adultery is simple; FIND OUT. GET PROOF. HIDE THE BODIES.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Good story

I just wish the bitch could feel MORE PAIN!!! Glad the daughter is causing her grief. I know it's cheaper to keep her; but sometimes it's worth the money to kill her!!!

Barnaby2000Barnaby2000over 3 years ago
Questions of STD's and a more suitable job.

Dear laptopwriter,

(If there should be problems of understanding I would like to apologize in advance. English is not my native language)

I have read your story "Between the Pages of Adultery Ch. 02" and would like to give my personal, humble opinion on it.

As already mentioned in "Between the Pages of Adultery Ch. 01": Good story. The insight into her misconduct and Laura's conflict of conscience are worked out in detail. Likewise, Harrison's point of view and emotional world is now also being worked out.

After Laura had confessed her affair to her husband Harrison, it would have been only logical for Harrison to have Ashley and himself examined for STD's. This would have given Laura an additional insight into the consequences of her decision to cheat on her husband.

After Laura quit her job, she started working as a waitress. But before that, she was in management. Honestly, couldn't she have found a more suitable job?

That's why I can give this story **** instead of *****.

Keep up the good work, please.

With kind regards

Barnaby2000

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 3 years agoAuthor
@Barnaby2000

Barnaby, you don't have to apologize, you express yourself as well, if not better than a lot, and I enjoy your critiques.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Quite a few negative comments I see. So far it's a good story. You are describing the pain of cheating really well. It fits in with how I imagine a family would react.

I not so sure about Harrison's reaction though. I think there would be a big difference in how a person would react to finding out their spouse was cheating. Being told something and actually witnessing it provokes a different reaction. For example seeing a car accident and hearing about it has a different effect.

I think the first thing a husband would want to know in this situation is the why, where and how long it had been going on. Harrisons reaction is what you'd expect from someone who had actually witnessed the adultery rather than being told about it.

The way you've written this chapter you make me feel sorry for Laura even though she is the architect of all the pain the family feels.

Given the way that Laura cheated and that it would be unlikely her betrayal being discovered makes you wonder whether she made the right choice in confessing her adultery. It might have been better if she kept quiet and once ending the affair and leaving her job that she should then just have devoted herself completely to her family and to being the best wife she could be. But then there wouldn't have been a story.

thedayafter

I can't get logged in today so posting as an anon

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous