All Comments on 'Beyond Friendship'

by Whoratia

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
maybe

their partners went through the very same thing...but inst ead of decreasing their love increased ...oh well as they say just flirting ..if they can so may their spouses

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent Story

Well written erotic story. Covered a lot of ground nicely in the short story. Believable too.

H

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Isnt it wonderful two such adulterous people

found each other? So easily manipulated their spouses so they could have sex while their spouses were away on the same business trips. Gradually fell out of lust and went back to being friends without the spouses ever knowing what was going on. If they so easily succeeded in keeping their adulterous affair from their spouses, I guess we can suppose their spouses enjoyed their affair more easily knowing the two were playing while the cohabited while on trips. It doesnt take much to be a lying cheating betraying disrespect person. Look at these two who totally laffed in the face of both of their marriages. A shame when going out together they didnt have a fatal car wreck so teh other spouses could get over them and marry someone worthwhile.

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersabout 17 years ago
Well done

An insightful look at a very possible situation. ----- Please ignore the moralists who don't seem to be able to figure out that you aren't necessarily the person in the story. The concept of fiction seems to be over their heads.

wildmanalsowildmanalsoabout 17 years ago
Believable

Good story and premise...

And for those ignorants of today's world. This happens more than they realize.....The only thing is......I wonder, you know I wonder if the naysayer's have EVER written a story and or know the name of the person that is "sleeping" with their partners. Amazing...I also notice they signed their comments.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Yawn

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
beyond pointless

Next time please try to at least make this interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
How Sad - How Empty

In synopsis, this was a story of cheating and cucking without remorse or consequence. It didn't process for 2 reasons.<P>

Best friends and other freaks couldn't be this cold and indifferent especially after fucking each other.<P>

Love? 2 people with one a wife. Not plausible - just insulting our intelligence and proving your lose of same.<P>

All in all, an offensive non-arousing story - or less.<P>

The larger question is why and for whom??

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
I agree with a previous poster: "yawn"

Rather placid tale of two wife swappers who were very greedy because they didn't want their partners to swap too. Sad.

<P>

The prose here is distinctively average, the characterizations are blase, and there's not much storyline, just some fucking and sucking that tapers off because they get bored with each other. As a stroke story, it doesn't excite.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
This is a plausible story

This is a plausible story in today's work climate. It happens more often than people think. Also what occurs when co-workers travel away from home together is not always innocent. Been there - done that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Description rather than depiction

Your writing mechanics are good--but your story is weak. Your describing a series of situations like it is a grocery list--not an erotic coupling. Yes this is a true to life situation--but a better plotting of the couples encounters would make it more readable. If you are uncomfortable writing about the sex--leave it out and let the characters tell what and how they are attracted to each other.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
“like borrowing something”?

I was thinking about your pen name with regard to the story you wrote. What I had in mind were two literary allusions (in addition to the non literary of course). One is Horatio, Hamlet’s brainy friend and confidant. He is level headed rational thinker. No wonder Hamlet finds him a good friend and connection to reality. The other allusion is to HORACE, the Roman poet (more than two millennia ago). Kind of similar to Horatio in away, only this guy was real. In addition to being a genius and a poet, he was known for his knowledge of the world (as opposed to poetics only…), and thus was dragged by politicians and top brass alike as a consultant of sorts.

I have no idea of course, how much of this allusions you were digging when you chose your literary name, but with no input from you I’ll say that you showed good taste, and high aspirations in that selection (the play with the other meaning makes it all fun of course).

The problem was that by then I had high expectations, something like balancing the erotic with savviness, and some life knowing wisdom. <P>

While your writing is flawless and pleasant to read, the story did not live up to my expectations.

Even if we know that cheating is very common, but why use such harsh language (that one is reserved to the side that is in the dark until something happens). Let’s call it a fling, friendship with benefits, or any other euphemism convenient to the flingers’ minds. What bothered me is that in the combined voice of the implied narrator there is never any mention to the implied disrespect to each of this borrower’s trusting spouses. Would they give their consent to this harmless borrowing? Would the borrowers themselves agree to a similar borrowing by others of their own respective spouses? It’s not a prescribed action in one way or another that I am missing in the story. It’s the lack of the narrator voice, if you wish the Horatio or the Horace in “Whoratia”, to say ‘yet those two never thought what devastation their liaison would have caused had someone come unexpectedly or still could cause, should one of them in the future ever have a slip of tongue…<P>

Somehow I can’t see how either Horatio or Horace would have compared cheating to “like borrowing something”.

lorencinolorencinoabout 17 years ago
Interesting

A lot of the cruder criticism may very well indicate more about the reader's missed expectations than about the worth of your writing. If you are looking for a hot erotic fantasy to get your rocks off to, maybe your story is not quite suitable. I found it an interesting description of what probably is commonplace in our current reality. It describes what happens without arousing me. I'm interested enough in understanding what is going on not to require every single article here to drown me in fantasy-induced lust.

oyotdmoyooyotdmoyoover 16 years ago
And the prize goes to...

HarryHaversackers in Canada, for being one of the few able to remember that fiction is an act of the imagination... thought unfettered, not just "reality" TV. And... and nothing, who cares whether we like it or not anyway?! LOL

Twisty concept at the end in terms of the progression of the relationship. Nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

4.0 (☆☆☆☆)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very good writer. Great imagination, though a prolonged passionate affair could also produce illicit children, and what's the likeIhood this would come out in the era of common DNA testing. I'm thinking two marriages poof if this happened. The author should explore this theme more given the aptitude shown here.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

People, especially partners, aren't THAT blind. That was two divorces.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous