Blackmailed Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes?"

"I need to ask you a big favor."

She looked at me, not sure what was coming. "Okay, what is it?"

"I'm here shopping for an engagement ring and wanted your help."

"Oh, my God! You're going to ask her? That's great!" She hugged me and laughed. "I can't tell you how much she talks about you and how much the family wants to meet you. I know she is so in love with you that I can't stand to talk to her on the phone. All she can talk about is you!"

I looked at her, suddenly unsure of my intentions without having met the family. "Should I meet the family before I do this?"

She laughed. "What are you going to do, ask my father for her hand in marriage? This isn't the 19th century. Just get the ring and ask her. You know she'll say yes."

"Okay. I found a couple of good ones over at Zales, we can start there."

We went to Zales and I told her my budget. She was surprised I was planning on spending so much. I told her I was a big saver and had that much already saved. We shopped several other stores with her trying on the rings. They had the same ring size she said. I figured that. I couldn't tell if there was a single difference between them.

We finally settled on one and I purchased it and took a deep breath. "So you think she'll like this one?"

Meryl gave me a brief hug. "I think she'd love a cigar band from you if it came with a proposal. But she will definitely love this ring. It's a very good deal."

"Thanks. I appreciate your help. I know you probably have other things to do."

"Nothing is more important than my sister. We are very protective of each other and have always backed each other up... no matter what."

***** Present day *****

The phone ringing brought me back to the present as I reviewed that comment about always backing each other up. It was true. They always did. I looked at the number, it was Meryl's number. I decided to let it go to voice mail.

When I thought about that it brought to mind another occasion that led me to believe I could trust Cheryl, except for the damn blackmail. I remembered it clearly.

***** 5 years ago *****


The party was going pretty well at the neighbor's house. They were fairly new to the neighborhood and had invited everyone over to thank us for help when we all showed up to assist with moving in, setting up, and getting settled. The couple was very good looking. Jim and Carol both looked like models. He was about 6'1", 190 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, everything always in place, and was smooth beyond description. She was 5'10", auburn hair, green eyes, pale skin, a great smile, a slim, fantastic shape, and was also very friendly. They both had these super-white smiles of very straight teeth. They just looked too perfect all the time.

About 10pm, the party had been underway since about 3pm and some folks had left. There were probably only about 10 of us left and I noticed that Cheryl was nowhere to be seen. I saw Meryl, who had tagged along, point to the house, probably indicating that she was using the bathroom. I continued to talk to some of the neighbors when suddenly Cheryl came out of the house. She had a scowl on her face and was moving quickly. She came over to me and took my hand.

"C'mon, John, we're leaving."

"What's up?" I barely got those words out of my mouth when Jim came outside. He looked to be his usual smooth self, except he glanced quickly at Cheryl and looked away. I saw her glare in his direction. I leaned over and whispered to her "Did something happen with Jim?"

She smiled. "Nope. I took care of that."

I looked at her, slightly perplexed, but left with her.

As soon as we got in the door, Meryl following right behind us, Cheryl told me what happened.

"I went inside and went to the bathroom. As I came out, Jim was standing there, leaning against the wall and smiling. I said hello and was about to go past him to go back outside when he put his hand on my arm and said my name. I thought he wanted to talk about something. I stopped and turned and then he leaned over and tried to kiss me. What an ass! We are both married and he's making a pass! I pushed him away and he smiled at me. He said that he was a very good lover and he and his wife had an open relationship. I told him that I didn't care what their relationship was; I was a faithful woman to my husband. Then he started to get pushy until I hauled off and slapped him. He was stunned and I left in a hurry. I don't think we'll get invited back over there again."

Meryl started laughing. "I bet he doesn't get many slaps like that!"

Cheryl was laughing, too. "Well, he doesn't know the Anderson sisters, does he?"

Meryl laughed and they high-fived. I was still a little stunned. "I can't believe that asshole made a pass at you without even trying to find out if we were like them."

Cheryl patted my arm. "Honey, he's just too pretty and full of himself. He thinks he can fuck anything."

I stared at them. "I'm really pissed now. I should go over there and tell him exactly how I feel about that."

Cheryl put her arm thru mine. "Honey, you don't have to worry. We have two kids and I love you to death. Nothing would ever happen between me and another man. You know that. We have discussed it and I know how you feel about cheating. Besides, I have a pretty good right hand and he's going to feel that for a while!"

I finally smiled and tried to relax. "I'm still going to keep my eye on those two."

Cheryl smiled at me. "You go right ahead. My body is reserved for you and you alone." She reached down and cupped my crotch.

Meryl rolled her eyes. "Guys! Get a room!"

Cheryl never took her eyes off mine as she answered. "Good idea!" She led me upstairs and yelled out to Meryl. "You know the way out. See you later, sis!"

***** Present day *****

That was the last time that I remember anyone making a pass at her that she told me about. I was hoping that I was right. We had an excellent and honest marriage and we generally told each other everything.

I made it thru the rest of the afternoon without too much trouble as some key things at work took my mind off my personal problem just a little. Finally it was time to head over to Meryl's.

I headed towards Meryl's house at about 5:30. She was single, but owned a small home. It was about a 20 minute drive. On the way over I thought about my options. Sure, I could divorce my wife and break up our family, but I know what that felt like as a child and I didn't want to do that. She had given a blowjob to Ed. I debated what to do and I couldn't make up my mind. I was very hurt by her action, but I still loved the damn woman. I figured I would just have to talk it over with her and see how I felt after that.

I pulled up, walked up to the door, and rang the bell. Meryl answered and was shocked to see me. I guess she thought they would just bring the kids home later. They had picked the kids up from school and brought them back to her house. I have no idea what they told them about what was going on. Meryl just looked at me and then swung the door open so that I could see Cheryl curled up on the couch, sleeping. I could hear the kids in the other room watching TV.

Meryl whispered. "The kids are in the other room watching TV. She made sure they did their homework and then she came back in here. She didn't get much sleep last night and she just finished crying herself to sleep. I hope you are here to be nice."

I smiled at Meryl. "I love your sister, Meryl. I don't want to hurt her anymore. But I may need some time to work thru this."

Meryl grabbed me and hugged me. "Thank you. I hope you two will be okay. Our whole family loves you and would hate to see something happen to you two."

I walked over and sat down on the couch and Cheryl stirred. She was facing the back of the couch and didn't see it was me until she turned her head. As soon as she saw me she buried her face back into the couch and started crying. As soon as I saw her pain and anguish, I knew my heart wouldn't let me walk away without a fight. I put my hand on her shoulder and asked her to talk to me.

To be continued...

12