Blood and Ice Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Jamie hit me Luke went nuts and jumped on him pinning him to the ground. The two of them started to really fight, kicking and punching at each other. Father and Peter ran forward and prized them apart.

I walked over to Luke and kneeled in front of him.

"Luke what happened? I have never seen you fight like that."

He looked at me and replied, "He hit you! No one should ever hit a woman!"

I looked up at Peter and he just shrugged his shoulders. Luke was always advanced for his age, but I had no idea just how much advanced he was.

"Yes, you are right he shouldn't have hit me. But that's no reason to hit your uncle. He is family and you should never hit family."

I could hear father giving the same talk to Jamie. Jamie slunk over with his head bowed.

"I'm sorry for hitting you Lexie and am sorry Luke."

"Luke, I think you should apologise as well."

Luke apologised.

Peter said, "Now let's go back to enjoying ourselves."

The boys didn't cause any more problems but Luke kept a close eye on Jamie. Grandfather sat next to me and spoke, "When you get a moment can I speak to you?"

"Of course!" I addressed the group, "Can you excuse us for a moment?"

Luke went to come with me so I leant down. "Stay with your dad, I will only be a minute."

He nodded and sat next to Peter.

Grandfather and I went into the council hall and sat down.

"What's wrong grandfather?"

"My men recovered something a few days ago. I thought you might like it."

He reached down and placed a wooden box in front of me. I opened the box. There lay the sword of the raiders. It was in three bits, which meant that it couldn't be used.

"Thank you grandfather! We will keep this as a reminder of the struggles that we faced."

"You're just like your father!", he said with a smile. The door opened and in stepped father.

"Ah good! You're both here. I would like to talk to you both."

"What about father?"

"Well, your mother and I were discussing this last night and we have decided that when Jamie comes of age we will be leaving and passing on the crown to you.", he said sitting next to me.

"And where will you be going?"

"To live with me of course." grandfather said.

"As long as your sure father." I said.

"Both your mother and I are sure. When the boys are older it will be time to pass the crown."

I just nodded.

"Now onto a more happy note. My castle is fully rebuilt." grandfather said .

I was just about to offer my congratulations when I felt a ripple of a contraction and my water broke. Both father and grandfather looked at me.

"Are you okay?" father asked.

"My water just broke!"

Both men got up at the same time and ushered me out of the council room.

I winced in pain as another contraction hit me. Father scooped me up into his arms and rushed me to the room that we had set aside for the birth. Father helped me get into a long night dress and sat behind me as Alexander came running in along with James and Drake.

Alexander said, "Easy Alexandria just breath though your contractions. Don't push yet. I need to examine you."

I just nodded.

"She's dilated to eight centimetres. So Alexandria, just breath. James and Drake get warm water and towels ready."

"Where is Peter?" I asked

"He's down stairs with Luke. He knows that your in labour." James said.

I was too sore to say anything so I just nodded. Alexander examined me an hour later.

"Okay Alexandria, you need to start pushing."

I saw the door open and I knew who it was.

"Drake, take Luke back down and tell him am okay."

Drake turned around and sure enough there was Luke. He looked like he was going to scream.

"Hey little man, come with me." Drake said as he picked him up and took him out of the room.

I could hear Luke's screaming protests going down the corridor.

Alexander said, "Never mind that Alexandria, push!"

Father held me up as I pushed.

"Okay relax. The head is almost out. It's nearly over." Alexander said.

As Drake came back into the room he commented, "By god, Luke has some set of lungs on him."

Everyone laughed at that.

"Okay, on your next contraction push as hard as you can." Alexander said.

Father sat me up. Alexander said, "Okay on three. One, two, three; push!"

I pushed as hard as I could. I didn't stop until a baby's cry ripped through the room. Father kissed me on the head. Alexander handed me a small bundle of clothes.

"Is it a boy or girl?" I asked.

Alexander smiled, "Look for your self."

I gently opened the blanket.

"Well?" father asked.

"You have a granddaughter."

In unison, both father and James said "Congratulations!"

I turned to Drake, "How much of a fight did Luke put up?"

"I'm quite certain that I will have a black eye in the morning. I had to put him over my shoulder. He may be small but by god he packs a hell of a punch your highness."

"Would you expect anything else from my son?" I asked.

"Not in the least your highness. Now why don't you have a shower and change and we will call the boys up." Alexander said

I handed my daughter to father. I took a quick shower and took my daughter back from father.

I was sitting at the window looking out. The snow had long melted the moon was full and high in the sky and its reflection dancing across the water.

The door opened and Peter entered. "Lex are you okay? Your Grandfather wouldn't let me up."

"I'm fine. Would you like to meet your child?"

The smile on his face said his answer. I handed him our daughter.

"Is it a boy or girl?" he asked.

"Check for your self."

He did, and his face lit up he leaned in and kissed me. As he kissed me there was a loud scream coming from the hall. I already knew who that voice belonged to. I went over to the door and opened it. I was met with a tear stricken Luke.

"Luke what is all the noise about?" I asked him.

"You were hurt and they didn't do anything about it!" he screamed back at me.

"Luke, does it look like I'm hurt?" I asked him.

He shook his head.

"Would you like to see your new sibling?" I asked him.

"The baby arrived?" he asked.

I picked him up "Yes, that's why I was away." I said as I sat down on the bed. Peter sat next to me.

"Luke, this is your little sister." Peter said, showing him our daughter.

She moaned slightly and opened her eyes looking at her brother.

Luke stroked her face. "She's so small." he said.

"You were the same when you were born."

He looked at me, "I was?"

"Everyone is small when their born." Peter said.

Luke asked, "What's her name?"

"We haven't thought of one yet. Do you have a name in mind?" I asked him.

Luke asked, "Can I choose?"

I looked at Peter who just shrugged. Peter obviously thought the same as me. If the name was silly we would tell Luke to try again.

"Yes, you can. This can be part of your birthday gift." I said.

He thought about it for a long time. I had to give our daughter a feed while he was thinking.

Luke said, "How about Aislinn?"

I was taken back by what he suggested. I was waiting for him to call her something like "Squeakers".

"Where did you hear that name?" I asked.

"It was the name of the woman that Alexander fell in love with and started to war over." he said.

"I don't have any objections, do you Peter?"

"No, I think it suits her."

"Very well, Aislinn it is." I said.

Luke beamed in pride.

A few months later we baptised Aislinn. Father was surprised at the name but confirmed that Luke's story was correct.

Peter and I didn't have any more children. Two were enough for me! Luke grew up and into the warrior that I had hoped him to be. He was far deadlier with the blade than Jamie or Leo; not that they didn't try to beat him.

Aislinn grew into one of the most beautiful woman in our clan. There wasn't a man in our clan that wasn't after her, apart from her brother, cousin, and uncle of course.

Damien fell in love with Lauren. They married and had three children, one boy and two girls.

Father was true to his word. When the boys came of age and became full shadow raiders he and mother both left.

It saddened my heart to see them leave but mother was growing old and father wanted her to live her last few years in peace. I respected this.

Peter and I took over the running of the castle. Peter was starting to get on in years. All the boys could beat him in a sword fight. One day I decided to flex my old sword skills again.

I found my old sword and headed down to the training hall. I wanted to see just how good my son actually was. Luke over threw Peter with little effort Jamie and Leo didn't even faze him. I stood up to fight him.

"Mum what are you doing? You'll be hurt."

Peter stood.

"I wouldn't underestimate your mother. Your grandfather did that and ended up knocked out."

All the boys jaws dropped "You knocked dad out?" Jamie asked.

"Yes, and who do you think killed Gabriel?" I asked.

"You?!" Leo said.

"Yes me, and I want to see how good my son is."

Luke nodded. Aislinn stood at the edge of the hall watching. We clashed swords in salute. Our swords became a blur of silver sparks. He wasn't just good, he was very good; but not better than me. I saw an opening.

I slid my sword in and twisted as I did I saw a black shadow glow in his hand. He knew about my wings. We had been open with all the children. I opened my wings and jumped just in time as the shadow erupted from his hand and was heading straight for Aislinn.

I knew he had no control over it so I jumped in front of it and held my hand up to block it. It bounced off my hands missing Aislinn. Luke just stared at me. It took a lot of explaining that he didn't deliberately try and kill his sister.

The year after that Aislinn was turned. Michael passed away. Mother and father attended the funeral. I could see in mothers eyes that age was catching up on her.

Five years after that only Peter was left from fathers council. Mother passed away leaving father distraught.

I had to spend a good month with him. When I was away Luke had found a lovely woman and had announced that they were to marry.

When our first grandchild was nine Peter passed away. When he did I knew it was time. I took Luke to one side.

"Luke I think that it's time that you took over and led the clan. You are more than capable and I know that you will be a fantastic leader."

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To live with your grandfather and great grandfather, my time is over."

Luke nodded. That evening I said my good byes to Aislinn and her husband Kieran. Aislinn's daughter was only a year old, I kissed her on the head. Aislinn had named her after me for which I was proud.

I had a very tearful good bye from Luke and his son who begged me not to go. I kneeled to face my grandson.

"Just remember that I will always be looking over you and I will know if you do something wrong." I said.

"But do you have to go grandma?" he said.

"My time as a ruler has come to an end. I have to go so that you can become a ruler. If I didn't you would never lead our clan." I said to him.

"I don't care, I want you to stay." he wailed.

I handed him a small mirror.

"Lucifer, see this mirror? When you need me just call my name and I will be there." I said to him. His eyes lit up.

"You will always be in my heart and in my mind." I said as I kissed him on the head.

I hugged Luke tightly. "I love you! Never forget that I will always love you and I will be there if you ever need me." I said.

"I love you to mum."

I mounted my horse. It wasn't Spirit, it was his daughter Sparkle. My grandson had named him. I took off at top speed.

I didn't want to look back. The pain of leaving my family hurt me to much. I made the jump to grandfathers castle.

Our clan flourished beyond any ones expectations.

They had to build a village around the castle. Father, grandfather and James were glad to see me. James had moved here after Sarah died and here I am looking out of my window thinking back on all the struggles, triumphs, and the sorrows I've had over the years.

One thing I will say is that my life changed for the better all those years ago when Matthew attacked me. I wouldn't change any of it not one thing. Life is neither easy nor simple, but I am proud of my family.

I will always watch over them as I always have. That is my curse and blessing for doing what I have done; and this was and is my story, my destiny, and my life.

12