All Comments on 'Boston to Birmingham Ch. 06'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 292 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Third time reading this and it's still as entertaining and brilliant as the first time I read it. The story just flows with a tight plot that weaves so many threads together into a tapestry of joy and splendour. One of the best stories I've read here or anywhere else and I'm including published books in that statement. Worth way more than the 5 stars I've rated it. BardnotBard

TwmatthewsTwmatthewsabout 2 months ago

Most of the stories in the loving wives category follow a predictable path, with limited character development, and a minimalist plot. This story, like DQS's When We Were Married, starts with a terrific plot and evolving, rich characters to match. This is my third read and it went down as well as the first two. I really like how the main characters evolved as the story progressed. And the story was the main driver forcing the characters to assess their lives and make adjustments.

Many LW stories have plenty of sex. This one did not but it wasn't missed because the characters were so interesting and the plots so compelling that I had a hard time putting it down.

Certainly one of the best stories on the Literotica web site and in my view, five stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A story with Meliisa and Peggy Jr. DERMTMAN

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

5* for Hardy and Gwen.

EHP4269EHP42693 months ago

This story is one of the most complete on this site. Excellent and well deserves 5 stars. Shame there are not more stars to give.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

This was a huge, epic story. More "Romance" than "Loving Wives" fare, even if the initial setup (long since forgotten practically as anything other than a plot device for the romance that follows) was gone. Overall, I rate this a 5/5 because even though it was long, it felt tight - like there was not a lot of stuff that went all over the place. There were a few things, like that redheaded bi girl that didn't really add anything to the plot and some characters that were sorely under utilized (Daisy for instance, I felt should have had more influence on Gwen earlier in the story) and I felt you lost a move there when you didn't tie in Hardy's PTSD over his father killing his mother for adultery to how he was handling his own marriage, but overall those are minor nitpicks in an otherwise good story. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful!! How incredible it would be to discover

You are part of an extrnded family of hundreds of relatives!! Beautiful story telling! Hardy and Gwen have

Rightfully assumed their place along side Rhett and Scarlett!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Fun story, well written with good character development.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Re-read story? Must be at least my 8th time through. Top story. Top author. Top five stars.

LechemanLecheman4 months ago

To me, a high compliment to the author when their stories are re-read. This is my second time around.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Have to respond as anonymous because I cannot remember my user name! Once again an absolutely fantastic tale. One writer to another you are truly gifted! I cannot believe you have not been published. Thank you for your time and your wonderful stories.

classicespressoclassicespresso4 months ago

What can I say other than EPIC ! I was sure though that Hardy and Gwen would have a threesome with the captain.

Thank you for writing and posting.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I loved it. 5 full stars for this one. I like how you tied up the loose ends at the end to make the RAAC work for this story. This is especially true since the end of chapter 1 seemed to be headed for a BTB.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm getting old I guess, memory seems to be fading. Is this the third time reading or the forth? Oh well, it is still a great read! Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

Second reading, just as wonderful as the first time, a truly beautiful love story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

LegacybadLegacybad6 months ago

Thia os a a great series. Really entertaining with good twists in the first half. The second half was easier to se where it was headed but didnt took anything from the story

PurplefizzPurplefizz6 months ago

Just wonderful, pretty much every single part of this is on the money, yes the Anne Burnside character seems superfluous, but as I’m not the author I don’t what he was trying to achieve with her. But most of all it was the dialogue, the speech patterns and word usage just felt right for the Southern characters like Daisy, their speech was at times witty, loving or hard nosed to the point of rudeness, but it always felt right for the character that was talking, really enjoyable to read.

Many thanks to qhml1 for both writing and for posting here on Lit, regards, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thankyou.

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

Beautiful and brilliant. Has to be one of the best stories here.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

this could very easily be an adult romance novel . just my opinion,but i read them too and it compares very well .

MarrttyMarrtty7 months ago

Great story, I usually dislike reconciliation stories but this was well written. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why isn’t this a Netflix series?

Corny1974Corny19747 months ago

I have loved every second of reading this series. Just magic. Thank you.

tomol111tomol1118 months ago

You’re a magician with a pen .. read and reread! I no longer watch Netflix … just enjoy your stories! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A very entertaining story, thank you

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thank you. I would choose Kate Upton to play Gwen. Especially if it was X-rated.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written should be a Netflix series.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I loved this chapter and the series/story. I gave it 5 really big stars. I especially loved the way you built up all the characters, and their backstories. That's what makes the story that much more interesting for the reader, as they can immerse themselves and feel like part of the story. Like someone else said, you could almost feel like you were attending the Cotillion, and being there seeing everything happening. Just like the "Sunday dinner" at the farm reunion, where kids are running around and a "cat fight" breaks out between two women. The imagery is brought out in words by the writer. That's great story telling, when you can close your eyes and almost see it happening. Same with going "dress shopping" with Aunt Daisy for Melissa Sue's clothes at the dress shop. Her being measured for custom fitting clothes is something new for her, and even Gwen was surprised at the quality of the stitching and materials. And these were mostly just Melissa's school clothes. Then going shoe shopping, then going to high end department stores for every day clothes. Those things changed her life from being "dirt poor" into someone special, to be looked up to. You should have given a "tear jerker" warning, as I felt my eyes watering up several times thru out this story, which made it hard to read. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and the series. The characters felt real, even Malone the cop sgt, and the priest at the church in Boston, to the Rabi and JT the judge, along with Will Rob the sheriff. Most of the characters had some sort of flaw, which made them more realistic. These are the elements of a great story. There's only a handful of really good writers here on Lit, and Q is one of the best. DSQ, HDK and SaddleTramp are some of the others, including O2O1, and NTH. Cindy is getting there too, just to name a few.

Personally I like a slightly longer story, as it allows the writer to flesh out the characters, and make the story better. Thank You for sharing this with us. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Honestly one of the best series ever to grace this site. Thank you very much for sharing your vision. Its been a delight to follow the journey. This is solid gold and worth far more than the 5 stars I gave it. BardnotBard

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr10 months ago

Agree with poster below. in DQS's story when it ended with " I could get him back if I wanted " I had really hoped for something like this. Very wonderful story. I also liked that even with her learning her lessons etc she still pretty much stayed in the upper crust of society just trransforming from boston to southern belle type. The problem was never the money it was everything else.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

My favorite line is when Melissa tells Gwen, "I see my mother every day".

LMJ

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Makes me think of a simpler and, to me, a more positive take on DQS's "When We Were Married" with a more positive ending. Read it twice and most likely will read it again.

LMJ

KahunabobKahunabob10 months ago

Loved the story. Think I read the entire thing in one sitting with a gallon of sweet tea and a too small plate of cookies at my side. Felt appropriate, somehow. The Anons from about a month and 6 days prior to me really said it all. Thanks for this, Q.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This reads like a modern day amalgamation of John Jakes's North and South and the Kent Family Chronicles. I don't agree with all your politics but you're one hell of a writer. I've read most of your work and you're one of the few writers that has the story driving the story and not the sex driving the story. With your keen with and sharp mind, I suspect you're a very interesting individual to have a conversation with.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great Story - none better on Literotica. Perfect for a sentimental old man.

M

PS When are we going to get Melissa Sue's story?

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

I don't care what sone anons say! I loved the story and will be reading again, and again.. the build up at times seemed long, but the results spoke volumes. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I made the last comment about 'layers and layers of character development' before I read the comments.

I'm a BTB reader, just to put it out there, but this story ended the only way it could.

Just a... big... reflection on some of the comments from the half-wits out there though.

Yes, Gwen did cheat. The first time in Paris.

She was still responsible the second time... having let the snake back into the garden, but it was not something she had planned, and it was rape.

I have a very, very dim view of anyone who can think she would need forgiveness for being raped, as was the wording of one comment. No woman is responsible for being raped, no matter the circumstances. She is a victim. End of story.

However, she was still stupid to have let it happen, and with the Paris incident, as well as the way she had been treating Hardy, he was right to split with her.

However, the outcome of the story was more than justified.

Hardy was no longer dealing with the same woman. Her move south changed her entire life, and her view of life. She grew up. Not only did she grow up, she developed into a woman to be reckoned with.

It was a different, new woman that Hardy reconciled with. He loved the old version enough to marry her. The new version is a different woman, whose experiences and failings from her previous life were burnt out of her by her new journey. Not forgotten... not diminished, but now those past failings are life lessons, and she has turned those lessons into honest actions that help others, and honor those that deserve it.

Hardy will never be a cuckold. He dished out the punishment that was deserved. She lost him. Totally. But it was the new version of Gwen that he ended up with. A new woman. The old one is not recognisable. The new one brings the old one's qualities but not the failings.

She is never going to betray him again. She now has new awareness and new values. To betray him she would be going against everything that she has come to learn and understand. She would be betraying herself.

And although she may be the new matriarch, she holds that position simply because she is now living in honor.

She is also not stupid enough to think she could ever... ever... ever disrespect Hardy again. Not only does she know he will never compromise his own values, but she now lives among a people.... family and friends... who would not tolerate any such betrayal.

She would find herself banished from the people and life she has come to love, or worse.

A betrayal now, after all they have gone through as a couple, would bring Hardy's dark side out bigger than ever, and it would be out to stay. There would be hell to pay.

But it's also just NOT who she is any longer.

I wish these self-evident things did not have to be explained to the peanut gallery in a paint-by-numbers fashion. It makes me feel sorry for the people in their life. Not for them, they are too emotionally stunted to know any difference, but for others, they have to put up with them.

Then again I am probably wasting my time.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The layers and layers of character building drew me into this tale until at the end, I was in that ballroom with them.

An absolutely outstanding job.

This could have been a published novel.

Ocker53Ocker5311 months ago

Simply one of the best series on here, loved it⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I loved it, and gave this chapter 5 stars, and the whole series 5 stars as well. I loved the part of Gwen getting Hardy back by tieing him to the bed and offering herself to him. I personally thought it was a good idea. :-) And taking in Melissa Sue was a great way to show responsibility to Hardy, as she took in her niece without a 2nd thought. Greg hooking up with Hildy was a no brainer, as they both needed someone in their lives. Joshua and Daisy was a little bit of a surprise (not really), but then why not, as they were both getting up there in age. Gwen becoming the matriarch of the family was no surprise, as was her 2 terms as a DA, or becoming a judge. She was a good lawyer with a killer instinct for the law (as much as Hardy had). Her boss wanted her to take his place when he retired anyway, and told her he would support her in the election if she ran.

Parts of this story reminded me of "Separate Vacations", and a couple of other stories I've read here like "Let Go". I really like a well written story with some action, sex, drama, some part tear jerker, and good fun, and this one had a little bit of it all, including a wet cat fight between two women at a reunion. It doesn't get much funnier than that. :-) I loved the plot twists too, as it seemed just when you thought you knew what was going to happen, someone threw a monkey wrench into it and a plot twist happened. I really did love the story, and will add it to my favorites.

leofric35leofric35about 1 year ago

5 stars and worth it. Great characters, plot and writing. Will be one I’ll again (and again!). Thanks for posting

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Q a very good writer , the problem NITPIC is you can't read. Thanks for the entertainment!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Q a very good writer , the problem NITPIC is you just can't read. Thanks for the entertainment!

somewhere east of Omaha

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

Probably the QHMl1 story that I’ve enjoyed the most, it is filled with big characters, big action and suitably villainous villains, but the part I enjoyed the most was the slight phrasing changes that emphasised the Southern style of speech, along with Gwen’s gradual acclimatisation, acceptance and finally enjoyment and participation in her new home and the novelty and luxury of a supportive family. Many thanks for both writing and posting here on Lit, cheers Ppfzz. All 5⭐️ btw.

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 1 year ago

As someone from the deep DEEP South (Australia) I greatly enjoyed this story. I was confused with the adding of the Lesbian interlude but realized this is LITEROTICA. Thank you.

Boardman68Boardman68about 1 year ago

As a transplanted Yankee to the South, who also had the good fortune of marrying Southern belle, living in Alabama for almost 30 years now...I greatly enjoyed the entire story. The author's description of Southern culture, the importance of family, the little traditions all of which Yankees will never understand and look down on to their loss and detriment brought a smile to my face many times in this six chapter story.

Well done. Well written. Plenty of action, suspense, & characters making mistakes; wondering what was going to happen next. Thank you for your story.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

What a way to wrap up a story. Maybe just a little bit too syrupy in a couple of places, but still got all five stars. Loved how Gwen finally got Hardy to get his head out of his ass (I think that may be a quote) by tying him up so she could get his attention.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you fir not leaving the story hanging..an excellent piece of work well done!!!!

Dom_VeritatemDom_Veritatemover 1 year ago

Great series, I enjoy your writing style. Keep going and ignore the critics!

AmazonmtmAmazonmtmover 1 year ago

Great story, thank you so much for sharing it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've read this story and think it's brilliant!

FYI : as mentioned in chapter 3, a headbutt to the nose is a Glasgow kiss, not a Liverpool kiss (which is specified as a headbutt, but not to any specific part of the body). This does not detract from the great storytelling. 5*

Dobbin55

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just simply fantastic.

Go ahead you clowns abd pick faults but i thought it was excellent.

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

amazing! one of the very best stories on LIt!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent. It has all the makings of an excellent story, the humor, heartache and everything else. I could not stop reading, even forfeited my lunch just to turn the next page.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Hahahahaha 😂😂😂 Oh God someone was complaining about the inaccuracy of the social commentary of this a fictional story? Are You Fucking Serious if your that upset about this having a favourable depiction of the South Keep Your Ass above the Mason Dixie. But if your that worried about fictional depictions of factual events try talking to ABC, NBC, CBS and pretty much every main stream and cable news service. 😎😎😎

Is this story perfect no of course not did Hardy compromise his values by taking back his yankee slut wife yep absolutely. Except isn't that the essence of a relationship you have to be prepared to compromise. She cheated he kicked the shit out of her and her boyfriend. He ran away to Hicksville and she was forced to follow him. But give the slut credit if you fuck up it's up to you to clean your shit up.

And as far as her thing him up and keeping him sedated fuck me in the South that's fore play baby. As pissed as he acted outside he was proud as hell of his slut wife. 😇😇😇

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story,but as often with this author,you don't always know who is talking.Also what happened to their jobs as lawyers.?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story.

Became a little tedious in the middle ( a bit like Dqs). Very enjoyable overall.

You write very well.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Did you ever finish Melissa Sue series and publish it? Where is it?

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

In short, it was/is a wonderfully written tale. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The whole series is a masterpiece. However...

Is Hardy getting soft? In his mind, the pillars of a good solid life and relationship is based on love, trust and respect. While recovering, Gwen ties him down on a bed and drugs him with sleeping pills. She then proceed to do with him what she had masterminded, thus busting the Hardy's notions of trust and respect. When he finally wakes up and sees his situation, trust and respect seem to be words only and no longer the pillars of life. Maybe it took a flurry of gunshots to instill a different vision! French has an excellent expression for this: "...mettre du plomb dans la tête...". Translated literally, this expression does not make much sense: "...put some lead in the head..." But the meaning of this French expression is "...gain some smart/become more intelligent/smarter..." Is this what happened to Gwen and Hardy?

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Look if you want to romanticise the South, go right ahead. But the Daughters of the Confederacy are an appalling organisation masquerading as genteel ladies.

And the idea that the character Marcus would ferry that dreadful old racist Daisy around (yes if she's a Harlot Of The Confederacy she's a vicious racist) ..... that's a dumb fantasy you're running there.

BaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyBaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding story. Character development was first rate, and story line was really good. The only criticism I have is that adding Bisexual Anne to the story line provided no value whatsoever, and was actually kind of stupid and distracting. Other than that, excellent story!

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this work, just the right mix of thriller and love story, glad it worked out in the end.

I see this as a TV series, bit like peaky blinders.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You just get better and better! Thanks for writing this!!

Jim

peter944peter944almost 2 years ago

What I like about your stories is they are real stories, with character development, tension and both comic and serious moments. Always a good real. PS Ilike that they almost always end positive.

xhristianjxhristianjabout 2 years ago

What's so enjoyable about this series is the character development every god damned character in the story is well rounded and nuanced. I mean very simply of this story isn't one of the Top 5 stories on this site I would be very surprised.

But what annoys me is you go from this masterpiece to the absolute trainwrecks so many of your later works have become? I mean seriously the cuckold fixation is so apparent it's really not funny anymore.

And in case someone stole your log in and has replaced you with some woke, non binary whatever the fuck they call non men these days start writing real stories again about fucking real PEOPLE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Still waiting for the series about Melissa.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Masterful, complete and oh so fulfilling!

Read carefully and repeatedly over and over.

We smiled, laughed a bit, fretted numerous times, sighed with relief, got misty more than once,, scattered tears, a few gasps, and finally with great relief and so much joy - will you marry me❤️❤️

Thank you for sharing your story that must come from your imagination and heart.

Can’t wait for the Melissa masterpiece from a literary master!

Thank you,

SW

redbaron172redbaron172about 2 years ago

This is my third time reading this story. it's as awesome as it was the first time. Love the yankee/southerner interaction, plus the Canaday/Kennedy inference. Love your writing.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 2 years ago

Read it for the second time and it is as rewarding as the first time around. Love sprays as if it were a fountain. Thank you for warming my heart with your writing skills and characters!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why do people think that a story should be surreal? Real people in real life are imperfect and grow up at different paces (many writing comments are STILL not there.) I enjoy your writing Q and can't for the life of me remember how many times I have shuffled these pages. Thank you!

somewhere east of Omaha

Raleighman53Raleighman53about 2 years ago

Read the series again. This is one of the top stories on this site.

QBikkQBikkover 2 years ago

I read this story a 3rd time, really good one. Any idea when the Melissa Sue story? Would be nice to read it. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful wonderful story. From beginning till the end. Definitely worth more than 5 star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟. Ali Singapore's

TangomoreTangomoreover 2 years ago

Fantastic tale with much more love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Simply very fine story and very well done.

Please take the critical comments As well intended efforts to help you become an even better writer.

I think I'm almost all of us here having registered really loved your work thank you so much for your time and effort in doing it.

-High country rider

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely wonderful story about real people. I thank you for the time and effort you have put into this.Read it some time ago and am glad to re-readit .

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

Top notch story start to finish.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Nothing greater than LOVE! Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quite well written tale of a woman who finally subdues and dominates her man. He'll be polishing her bull's nob in the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The character development makes this story so interesting. The story of the intertwined lives completes the characters. Excellent.

WoodencavWoodencavover 2 years ago

A wonderful storey, so well composed and written, I just loved the quote "SNAKE BITES MAN, MAN LIVES. MAN BITES SNAKE, SNAKE DIES." I look forward to the storey of Melissa. 5 stars. I just cant believe the negative comments below.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story and writing. However, it just fell apart at the end. There's no way I would recommend this to anyone to read. Getting back together with her is so antithetical to who you portrayed him to be. She, she was just a selfish, shallow, bitch till the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not for me, I'm afraid. She played her selfish games until the end; the "family" betrayed him; he accepted his cuck role. She will betray him again and finally break him.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

One more thing. Please PLEASE revisit this series. It cries out for expansion into book length and full publication. Talent like yours should be shared in larger and more public venues

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

This series transcends the genre. I read about 2500 wpm. During the past 60 years I have literally exhausted one library after another. My favorite practice is to find a good author and read everything published in a month or so. Authors like Mitchner, forrester heinlen layout etc. As a retired university English prof, I categorically state that you are one of the most enjoyable reads ever! This series should is simply one of the best on this site right up there with back to Bristol…. CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE!!!,

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Superfluous escape me. Epic brilliantEpic brilliant, Mesmerizing, BreWe're thinking thrilling exciting and the list goes on. Please give some serious thought to running a novel. You simply have too much talent restricted to this Forum.

I'm not I'm not saying that you're too good for this forum I'm just saying you need to let the bigger world see what kind of talent you have. Thank you for an amazing story😉😊

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Wow, great story I echo many of the previous comments, the good ones.

LacastrianLacastrianover 2 years ago

One of the best cuckold stories I've ever read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story.

My view was Gwen, aspoiled and selfish woman in the begining, never cheated. In fact, she was drugged which no body except Allen, the one who drugged her, knew. This told me Gwen always loved Hardy and never intentionally cheated.

CharliefromtheUSACharliefromtheUSAover 2 years ago

What can I say but that this is EPIC!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Would make a great movie !!!!

Cringo31Cringo31almost 3 years ago

This was a fantasy story with some tremendous twists and turns. Loved the development of the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What an amazing tale Q. Loved every page, it must have been a challenge keeping it all straight. Thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

First Alabama Cavalry- Sherman’s bodyguard in the Union Army during the Atlanta Campaign through the March to the Sea and the end of the war. Two Union soldiers at the Cotillion!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories