Brian's Adventures Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
tempter
tempter
48 Followers

What followed was a grand dinner with lots of excellent food along with delicious wine and ale. The food was good, the wine was sweet and the conversation lively but yet I couldn't truly enjoy the day until things were right with Pellenica. It seems strange somehow, this was my wedding and I should have been focused on Jealile and the near miracle that she was now my wife. Pellenica was my friend however and I was concerned for her, I wanted to see that she was okay. Thankfully Jealile not only understood my mood, she shared it, for in her eyes I could see the same concern for our friend.

A few speeches by Perriolich, Lochel and others came next while people sipped on their drinks. Mostly the speeches were the usual boring and uninteresting fare that seem to accompany all weddings I've been at. I won't bore you with the tedious details even though there were a few interesting and humorous moments. Sufficed to say that it was the usual boring drawn out tedium before the festivities could begin.

Pellenica held herself together with grace and class as she stood there and gave her speech. Not a hint of anything amiss was on her face as she raised her glass to toast Jealile and myself. I still needed to talk to her and wanted to work things out if I could. In truth however, I didn't know what solution, if any I could find by talking to her but I at least had to try.

Nothing happened until the evening had worn on for a while yet. It was some time later, after the dancing and celebrating had begun that I was able to talk to Pellenica. It was early evening but yet the sky was not entirely dark, just after dusk and the lanterns were lit even though all natural light was not lost yet. In the distance the sunset surely was in it's last few moments though we could not see it from inside the courtyard. The lanterns that were hung on long ropes over the courtyard looked like giant fireflies perched on the ropes above our heads. The usual lanterns along the edges of the courtyard added to the magical glow of the moment.

"Perhaps now we can talk to Pellenica." Jealile said while I looked over at Pellenica wondering that same question.

"Perhaps you're right." I replied while I smiled back at Jealile.

"Is there something I should know before we talk to her? Did something happen in that room?" Jealile asked tentatively but kept a straight face, clearly she wanted the truth no matter what it was.

"Nothing that would get anyone killed over." I said with a smile as I patted her cheek lightly.

"I wouldn't turn you in even if it did. All I want is a straight answer, did anything happen in there?" Jealile asked again with a discerning look. "Why do I get the feeling that you're not telling me the whole story?" Jealile finished as she gave me a persistent look and a raised eyebrow.

"Well we did spend the night together but nothing happened, all we did was sleep I swear!" I admitted quietly and defensively, not wanting to make a scene and not sure of how she would react.

"You slept with her but didn't have sex?" Jealile asked questioningly. "Really?" She asked disbelievingly with a questioning raised eyebrow.

"Yes, I swear." I replied honestly.

"Just once?" Jealile asked.

"Well twice actually." I admitted sheepishly.

"You slept twice with Pellenica?" Jealile replied with a surprised look, "Didn't Treabilla and Valencia notice?" She asked incredulously.

"Yes, but they didn't seem to mind at all." I replied still bracing myself for the angry blow to come at any moment.

"They didn't mind?" Jealile quizzed curiously.

"Not really, they had their turns." I answered truthfully, still waiting for her to blow her top yet not wanting to lie to her.

"You also slept with Valencia and Treabilla?" Jealile asked, now shocked but somehow straining to keep her voice down. "Did you have sex with either of them?" Jealile asked curiously, still wanting clarification.

"Just Treabilla, actually she started all of it, the sleeping together I mean." I replied in my own defence.

The now stern face of Jealile silently told me that she needed a better explanation and she needed it quick. I couldn't blame her and I was remarkably lucky that she hadn't clobbered me yet. I took the time to explain to her everything that happened from when the Mistress walked in to when she found me at my execution. She listened to everything and while I could tell that she wasn't entirely comfortable with the story, at least she listened. When it was over I sat there and waited for her response. She took a moment to ponder everything before she spoke quietly and in a subdued tone.

"That explains a few things. I knew that she cared for you, that they all cared for you. That much I could tell on my own but I didn't know just how deeply or where it started until now. The question is do you love them?" Jealile asked calmly looking at me with a piercing look.

"My dear Jealile, I care for each and every one of them dearly, but there is no one as dear to me as you." I said as I lightly brushed her cheek and kissed her forehead. "If I had to choose only one woman to spend the rest of my life with, it would be you my dear, I love you." I said with a warm smile and getting a loving look in return.

"And I love you my dear and I couldn't imagine a better man to call my husband, I don't care if he was Lochel's son or not!" Jealile said proudly with a smile and a lingering look of affection that held my gaze for a moment before she continued. "The thing to remember Brian is that you are now married and those feelings could be dangerous for both of you, for all of you." Jealile said in a cautioning tone. "But Pellenica is our friend and we still need to talk to her."

"Agreed." I said as I gave Jealile a brief kiss.

We then quietly mingled and said hello to a number of guests while searching for Pellenica, hoping to escort her to a quiet corner. When we found her she was talking with a few other guests and was engaged in pleasant conversation and she looked at ease. When she saw us arrive she then looked more nervous and uncomfortable in her own skin when her eyes met mine. Jealile and I made up some excuse and politely took Pellenica aside privately to talk to her honestly and sincerely.

"We need to talk about what happened at the wedding." I said quietly as I looked in Pellenica's eyes. She looked even more ill at ease as she looked around for any excuse to get away.

"It's alright, I know you love him and I'm not upset." Jealile said to Pellenica as she put her arm around her long-time friend.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Pellenica said as her eyes danced everywhere other than looking at Jealile or myself. Tears threatened to come forward from her wet eyes, betraying her calm exterior that she tried desperately to keep up.

"We all know that you also said 'I do' at the wedding along with me." Jealile said in a comforting manner as she hugged her friend. Pellenica also looked back at Jealile for a moment before sighing and wiping her eye, as if to confess what Jealile and I knew to be correct. "The question is, why?"

"Isn't it obvious!" Pellenica snapped angrily at Jealile. "I'm a whore . . . an adulterous WHORE!" Pellenica growled as she buried her head in shame in Jealile's shoulder.

"But Brian told me nothing happened in that room, is this untrue? Did you have sex with Brian?" Jealile asked with great intent. I could see the distress on her face as she pondered the possibility that I had lied to her.

"No we didn't have sex but not because I didn't want him." Pellenica said as her tear filled eyes looked deeply into Jealile's for support and found comfort there. "Oh God help me I wanted him. What's worse is that I grew to love him during our short time together. After we parted, I found my thoughts drifting back to him over and over again." Pellenica's words drifted off at this point and she hid her head in her hands.

"I never knew Pell." Jealile said quietly and with a tender, nurturing quality about her "The important thing is that you haven't been unfaithful to your husband so you've nothing to be ashamed of." Jealile said in as comforting a manner as she could.

"But I love another man! Don't you get it! I have betrayed my husband's trust! I have cheated on him with my heart and not my body yes, but is that any less wrong?" Pellenica asked now completely distraught.

"I believe, that under the circumstances he would understand. The important thing to remember here is, that you did remain faithful to him. You were tempted . . . we both were, but we resisted. What you need to hold on to is that your will was stronger than your desires." I said quietly and calmly as I tried to comfort her as best I could but she shook her head, refusing to accept my argument.

"You don't understand Brian, when I was up there at the altar today I started to think of you. Of what it would be like to be married to you instead of Terenium and I guess I got carried away." Pellenica said in between tears as she sobbed in Jealile's arms.

"I think, considering all you've been through, that it's understandable." I said in a soothing tone, trying to help her not be so hard on herself. I was referring to the lack of sexual satisfaction she received from her husband over the last number of years.

"That's no excuse! You don't understand! You can't understand!" Pellenica snapped angrily as her tear filled face stared intently at me.

"If you truly want to be with Brian, then talk to Terenium. Let him know how you feel and ask him to register you for the next Harvest Festival, there's still plenty of time. Brian will select you I'm sure of it, won't you Dear?" Jealile said to the now vibrating Pellenica in an attempt to calm the poor woman's nerves down and ease her troubled heart. My heart skipped a beat with joy as Jealile suggested this.

"NO!" Pellenica exploded. "I CAN'T . . . I . . . I WON'T . . . I MADE A VOW!" Pellenica shouted as she burst out of Jealile's embrace and headed for the door.

Valencia was not that far away and apparently had been keeping an eye on us for a little while. She appeared out of nowhere and was at Pellenica's side almost instantaneously. Pellenica was still vibrating and quite visibly upset at this point. I'm not sure that Pellenica was aware of what was happening, she was in tears and seemed inconsolable. We chased after them trying to get them to stop but when Valencia looked back at me with a disappointed and hurt look. It nearly stopped my heart and chilled my soul to see it; I stopped and could not follow them any further. I watched as they left the courtyard and was on their way to leave the house as well.

"That went well." I said sarcastically as I cursed myself for making an awkward situation worse.

"I've known her since before she was married, she'll come around." Jealile said with a cover of confidence, though I could see that she was as shaken and concerned as I. "I hope." She added as she looked at me and I took her in my arms and we held each other for support. We prayed that things would turn out alright and allowed ourselves a quiet moment to comfort each other.

"By then we'll be long since out of sight." I sighed regretfully.

"Perhaps it's for the best, out of sight, out of mind and all that. Maybe that's what she needs." Jealile replied hopefully as she tried to look on the bright side.

"I guess so, I only wish that we could patch things up before we leave town, it seems a pity to leave things like this." I mused my thoughts out loud.

"Perhaps we will have some time in a few months to come back and visit Teroncia." Jealile said cheerfully. Nothing more was said for a few moments as we held each other calmly and quietly gathering ourselves together.

"Excuse me could you tell me what that fuss was all about?" Came the polite voice of an older man who spoke just over my shoulder.

"I beg your pardon sir, but it was a private conversation." I replied indignantly as I turned to look at the face of the nosy person who had just addressed me.

He was an old man whom I would guess was much older than my father, perhaps closer to his father's age. His grey beard was well kept, long and distinguished and seemed to match his hair, which was equally as long and grey. He was a tall, slender man with only a few wrinkles that broke up his otherwise smooth complexion. He stood there with an almost regal air to him as he stood waiting for an answer to his question. However my response brought a smile to his face and he chuckled to himself.

"Quite right my good man and normally I would not pry into such matters. I have no taste for gossip. I only asked because Pellenica is my wife and I am concerned for her well being as I'm sure you understand." The old man replied and his chuckling died off as he began to speak.

I noticed now that he had two women not much older than Pellenica hanging off of his arms, one on either side of him. They were pretty ladies and did not speak at all, but merely stood there, accompanying him as if to be the finishing touch to his outfit.


"Good to see you again Terenium, How've you been?" Jealile asked cheerily as she greeted the man she obviously knew well.

"Good to see you as well Jealile. Lovely wedding and you made an absolutely stunning bride." Terenium said with a bright smile as he kissed Jealile on the cheek.

"You're too kind you sweet old man." Jealile blushed as she then kissed him on the cheek and lightly hugged him.

"Could you please tell me what's going on my dear? Is there anything to worry about?" Terenium asked with a touch of concern in his voice.

"You're Terenium? Valencia and Pellenica's husband?" I inquired in shock that should have been kept under wraps better but somehow got away from me at the moment.

"Yes and you must be Brian, it's so good to finally meet you after hearing so much about you." Terenium said with a smile as he shook my hand firmly.

"Likewise, you are indeed a lucky man to have wives as fine as Pellenica and Valencia. I am honoured to call them my friends." I replied with a proud smile as I accepted a glass of wine from one of the serving lasses that circulated amongst the crowd.

"Now about Pellenica." Terenium asked with growing concern and rapidly fleeting patience.

"It's nothing really, weddings and Harvest Festivals can bring out the strangest emotions in a woman. You know how it is. She was merely talking about how this day reminded her of her Harvest Festival years ago. Telling me that she was a little jealous for not having a day as grand as this for her wedding day. Tis nothing really, do not concern yourself, she will be right again in no time." Jealile said with a warming smile, hoping to keep Terenium from learning the true nature of Pellenica's outburst.

"Perhaps we should speak in private." Terenium paused and looked at me. "There is a matter of some delicacy I wish to discuss with you." Terenium said to me as he glanced at Jealile, indicating that she should leave. Jealile started to leave, to be polite and respect the wishes of the man she had known for a good many years. The ladies that stood at Terenium's side now departed and disappeared into the crowd.

"Sir, I don't keep any secrets from my wife." I said as I stopped Jealile from leaving. "Either you discuss the matter in front of her or I will tell her later, it matters little, the result will be the same." I finished firmly but gently as Jealile returned to my side, smiling proudly at me as she did.

"An admirable policy, quite admirable indeed." Terenium said with a nervous smile, I could see that he was not comfortable with the arrangement. "Still, it is a mater that should not be discussed with too many ears around, is there someplace more suitable we could speak." He finished and looked around at the doors on the outside of the courtyard.

"Certainly." Jealile said just before she escorted us behind the nearest of those doors that encircled the courtyard.

I found myself in a guest room similar to the one that I had been staying in. It was identical to the one that Perriolich himself had shown me to that first night. My room was on the other side of the courtyard; this one was unoccupied at the moment as best I could tell. Terenium paced for a moment before turning to face me a short distance away. I could see on his face that this was not an easy thing to discuss, whatever it was. After the brief period of time that he spent in his own thoughts gathering up the right words to say, he spoke.

"How long have you known Pellenica and Valencia Brian?" Terenium asked with some curiosity, still slowly pacing to and fro.

"A few weeks. We met when they guarded my cell some time ago." I answered and then fell silent.

"You also spent some time sequestered away with them did you not?" Terenium replied.

"Yes, I was asked to . . . take care of a daughter of a friend of mine and they were ordered to provide discrete, round the clock protection for us." I replied and once again waited for his next question.

"Yes, that unfortunate incident with Treabilla. Courageous move by the way." Terenium replied quickly, as if his thoughts held his focus. "Why them specifically? Did you or Treabilla request it? Did they volunteer?" Terenium asked curiously leaning in a bit, anxious to hear the answer.

"It just sort of happened I guess, they had befriended me by this point but they simply were the next Guards to come on shift to guard me. They arrived to find me in the open cell with no Guards and a strange woman with me. When it was discovered that the strange woman was Treabilla, Pellenica fetched Director Teroncia. It was he who ordered that I remain with Treabilla and that Pellenica and Valencia stay and Guard us. The logic was that along with myself, they were the only ones who had seen her in the state she was in. Discretion was paramount it seemed and understandably so." I answered his question fully and again allowed him time to ponder my words.

"So they were ordered, not asked to volunteer?" Terenium asked somehow needing to clarify that point.

"Yes, they weren't overjoyed over it either, Valencia was more displeased of the two of them but Pellenica saw it as her duty and accepted it." I finished my reply and then after a short pause I asked a question of my own. "Excuse me, but might I ask you what this is all about?" I asked politely and curiously.

"I'm trying to understand what happened to my wives." Terenium said a furrowed brow.

"Sir?" I inquired, hoping he would explain himself better.

"They do not speak to me in the same manner as they once did, and Pellenica's touch is most definitely not the same. All I know is that something happened in that room to change them. It has to do with you, that much I'm certain of." Terenium said with concern on his face, clearly this troubled him greatly. "Tell me dear boy." He said in a plain voice as he stopped and turned to face me, standing up straight. "What happened in that room that I should know about?"

"Nothing." I replied looking a little confused as to what he was getting at.

"Nothing?" Terenium asked disbelievingly with a raised eyebrow.

"No, they were married and I was in love with Jealile and Yeoline. We talked and became friends but nothing inappropriate took place." I replied in a way that indicated that I was insulted at his insinuation.

"'Friends' you say? Help me understand something. Why would two of my wives risk their lives and jobs for someone that they met a few weeks before? Why would they do such a thing if something else, something deeper was not going on? They did not even consult me!" Terenium said with great insult before continuing. "I found out like everyone else, after it had happened!" He finished with the same shock and hurt pride that was evident before. "I ask you once again what is the nature of your involvement with my wives?" Terenium asked now quite perturbed and a few inches from my face.

tempter
tempter
48 Followers