All Comments on 'Burning Bridges'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 330 Comments (Page 2)
sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Parents

The parents bear the brunt of the blame. Not so much for the favoritism and enabling, though that was bad.

What was the final nail in their coffin was when THEY wouldn't take Billy in, but pressured Doug to do so! He was THEIR son, they had helped to make him what he was, if THEY couldn't/wouldn't help him they shouldn't be pressuring anyone else to.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
The Kid

IF he had any inclination towards reconciliation, condition number ONE would be giving the kid up for adoption. Having the kid in their lives at all, even as a "nephew" would be a constant reminder of her betrayal, and would ultimately lead to the ruin of their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
sorry with two worthless ones gone, he should have a good life

2*f6c7

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sad

One of the saddest tales I have read in years. Her suicide was the thing that proves that she did love him, and although I know I could not take her back I still felt sorry for her. What a waste of so many lives caused mainly by drugs. If the yanks can put a man on the moon why the f*** can't they sort their drug problem out. With the mention of guns also gets me pissed off as well, until they get PROPER gun control that nation is always going to be third world,

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wait, what?!

Last anonymous says that her suicide proves her love for him?! I don't think so!

Committing suicide just means you are unable to deal with the the mess you find yourself in, in this case, one she created herself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sad tale? I don't think so!

Dude you got anger issues. And they show.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmabout 8 years ago
DFW beast or Matt Morneu

You might want :to read Matt Morneu if you think DFWhas anger issues. Personally, I choose DFW. At least he doesn't say cuckolding is sexy. Nope cheating is ugly, and he writes about it the way it should be wrote about. I used to read those, untl I found BTB to be more better. Take a choice, but anger issues, na reality yeah.

Danger09Danger09almost 8 years ago
This is a little sad

I absolutely HATE people that commits suicide--NO EXCUSES--NO EXCEPTIONS... It's the most SELFISH/COWARDLY thing to do---Especially when you have children!!! I'm conflicted, not in the way of him not wanting to take her nasty ass back-----but I felt sorry for her, him, the baby and the brother. Nobody won. Her reasoning for fucking up her marriage was the most stupidest shit I've ever heard.. Like he said "was she planning on saving humanity one dick at a time?"--- Ha! 😂..nice... The wife seemed remorseful but shit that was his BROTHERRRRRRR! That's just nasty. It's bad enough she cared so little about her relationship--- that she spread her legs for another man, but to spread them for his BROTHER and get knocked up is the ULTIMATE BETRAYAL‼️ How does one even begin to get past that? His parents was fucking disgusting I felt no sympathy for them.. They played favoritism... This is all their doing...The brother was---a junkie... The parents fuck'd these two up badly.. Brothers hating brothers.. Smh.. These two had no relationship to begin with due to years of resentment--resentment this dumbass wife had knowledge of so I'm flabbergasted as to why she would think her sleeping with her husbands brother would be a fabulous idea? She wasn't thinking about him. She was selfish as fuck then and stayed selfish all the way to the end. This was just a sad story with a bunch of truly fuck'd in the head people who you can't help but feel sympathy for. I want the poor angry hubby to move on and find happiness.. Him and the baby are the only victims. Loved the story...

GoodhueGoodhuealmost 8 years ago
Like Watching a Train Wreck

Well-written but a complete downer!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Happy Ending

The whore and the bastard both dead, good ending.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 8 years ago
Powerful Story.

Excellent stuff - five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
GUTSY AND POWERFUL STORY.

A STUPID BITCH RUINED THE LIVES OF THREE FAMILIES..... POSSIBLY MORE IF YOU COUNT TEXAS.

FIVE STARS..

THESE LESSONS SHOULD BE TAUGHT AND DRUMMED INTO OUR KIDS FROM KINDERGARTEN THROUGH THE FIFTH GRADE.....

* NEVER SURRENDER YOUR HONOR BECAUSE IT'S IRREPLACEABLE.

* A BETRAYAL CAN NEVER BE UNDONE.

Dawgbite38Dawgbite38over 7 years ago

Good story. But what happens to Doug now?.

EzrollinEzrollinover 7 years ago
Intense !

Damn, no happy ending .... but there rarely is when drugs are involved. I feel you must have known someone on drugs or maybe done a little yourself. I'm not judging because I know someone that was on crack but in his case, it had a happy ending. He has been drug-free for many years and has counseled many others that were on drugs. Good story and well written !

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 7 years ago
@ Anonymous 09/18/16

ROFLMAO, damn and I thought I was a cynical fucker. :) Actually I loved this story, way more true to life in my opinion than most of these goody two shoes, rainbow out their ass RAAC fuckers.

Shit happens, sometimes BAD shit happens, if so, you pull up your Big Boy/Girl pants and move on. Hell it's not like there's not 3 Billion of the opposite sex on the planet, go fishing and catch another one... catch and release until you get the one you want and all is well with the world. SIMPLE!

bworth1943bworth1943over 7 years ago
stone cold

Good story. As to the ex wife , the ex brother , the ex parents ,and the ex bosses wife and friends , good ending to bad rubbish. Doug will get over it and move forward as long as he doesn't dwell on the past.

Ocker51Ocker51over 7 years ago
Hard As Nails

I enjoyed the story coz all those involved got there just deserts⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ThabesThabesabout 7 years ago
Damn..

Read this several times over the years. Damned good tale, Beast. Damned good. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Horrible narrator

Yeah, he got cheated on, but he's still an unforgiving bastard.

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
Not buying the cheating

Why would wife cheat with lowlife drug addict brother in law? Only because the plot requires it.

khkrkhkrabout 7 years ago
Very dark

I can create hundreds of alternate endings, that could make this story better. But the ending is really sad, She cheated on him ONE TIME. May be they could have made a clean exit and tried to work on their marriage again, but her suicide plot , really made me throw up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What

If you call that scank his soul mate you should use that 9mm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
whore

should have been cut to pieces with aids tainted knives while hooked to live electrical circuits .

she . was . not. his. soulmate . or . she . wouldnt . have . fucked . his . brother . MUCH . LESS . HAD . HIS . FUCKING . BASTARD .

1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
yeah shes a whore

but why cant she let the poor innocent man go ?

why does this tramp keep tormenting him ?

he should have ended her long ago .

she is less than human .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
OK khkr

You were told in the beginning

'Warning: THIS IS NOT A FEEL GOOD STORY! There's no happy ending here. So if that kinda of story bothers you or 'brings you down,' umm... PLEASE DON'T READ IT! Lots of other stories out there you might like.'

So why do you bitch about the ending of the story? He didn't kill her or his ex-wife. He just told her to go away and not come back. He didn't kill his brother. He just pointed out what a real piece of shit he was. Worse than cheating, worse than cuckolding, worse than walking out on a guy is to have another man's kid and pass it off as his. He had every right to end them but took the high road and let them live and deal with their own miserable lives.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Anonymous 03/09/17 Re: "Horrible narrator"

He was an "unforgiving bastard?" Bastard, no. Unforgiving, yes, because what was done to him was unforgivable!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
They

never gave him a chance to work it through and forgive her by keeping after him. He wouild never have gotten back together with her after her and his other family teaming to try get him to raise the child of the man she was cheating with . Over time he would have forgiven them and still stayed away from them.

tizwickytizwickyover 6 years ago
Excellent Story

Well written and thoughtful story based on the realitys of today's society.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Darker than anticipated

even with the warning

TailakaTailakaover 6 years ago
Guilt

With his parents hounding him and a wife that relentlessly stalks him I read this expecting him to suicide AT the party. I misinterpreted his "Farewell".

I LOVE(sarcasm) that the one who cheats always has such 'terrible guilt' that they'll have to carry forever about their affair but the cuckolded spouse should just get over it with a "sorry". It seems whenever the husband just wants time alone to grieve his marriage and regroup; he is made out to be cruel for not wanting to immediately have a marathon discussion about how he was betrayed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Doug

is a real man, and real man never forgives betrayal.

Teresa

is a bitch and deserves more pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Your soulmate

Doesn't betray you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
OMG!!

VICTOR FROM SOUTH EAST ASIA

THANK GOD THIS IS JUST FICTION. BUT TO BE HONEST I CAN'T ACCEPT IT WHEN PEOPLE CATEGORIZE ADULTERY AS JUST A MISTAKE...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

reminds me far too much of my sister.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Other version

Does anyone know where can i find the other version?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Some people should never be parents

Tom and Paula are 2 such people.

Their victims are Teresa and Doug.

Yes Teresa fucked up big time but all the fault in this story should be laid at the feet of the ones who are really to blame.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Anonymous 10/22/17 Re: Other version"

It's on SOL, title "Run Boy Run"

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
Third reading

Still Top Drawer Writing. Happy new year DFW

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Poor Doug he didn’t have his “soulmate” cause he drove he to kill herself by his actions toward her. Now he’s sad “boohoo” jackass. Use that Glock on yourself your even more responsible for the mess than anyone else - why? Cause you could have acted like a grown up and not like a angry wimpy child have a temper tantrum.

Seems to be a common tread for DFWBeast.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Despite the stupid statements by JKMJJ I actually like DFW’s stories. He’s a great writer and have read and reread all his stories. However in this story I have empathy for the wife that does not mean I approve of what she did, not at all. But no one deserves to die for adultery. This not an ISIS Caliphate where men get to treat women like shit. Divorce her sure, get a restraining order ok, but if anger is so bad that you tell someone to go kill themselves cause you pride and ego are bruised then you need physiatric help. After all is said and done Doug has no one now, no soulmate, no brother, no parents, no family. Was it worth it, seriously doubt it. So I stand by what said earlier.

26thNC26thNCover 6 years ago
Most excellent

Mercy fuck my ass. Let the junkie bastard die. Bitch dug her own grave, now let her lie in it.

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
Mr. Rivers,

You seem like a decent guy, but some of your statements just leave me dumbfounded. I won't insult you. No profit in that. Just name calling.

DFWBeast is a great writer, as you said. One of the top five around, in my book. You say that you have empathy for the wife, though you do not approve of what she did. That is one of those dumbfounding statements. She slept with her husband's brother, several times, and got pregnant by him. She not only did that, she tried to sell her husband on it being his child. Not only do I "not approve," I think that's revolting. What sort of person does that? Not one for whom I can muster any empathy.

You also said, "No one deserves to die for adultery." Okay, I would agree. They might "deserve" it, but not by my will or action. The husband in this story did NOT kill her. She killed herself. You cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, lay that death at the husband's door. He refused to have anything to do with her. That was his right, as a human. He has the right to associate, or not, with anyone he chooses. SHE killed HERSELF. She couldn't live with being the sort of person she was. That's on her, not him. You trying to put the blame on him is unjust and illogical.

If refusing to associate with someone is "An ISIS Caliphate where men get to treat women like shit," then I am altogether mistaken about what human freedom is about. He didn't want to treat her any way at all. He just wanted away from her. That's his right, as a human. You are the one who seems to believe in some weird society where one person is forced to associate with another person they loathe. By that logic, you should be forced to hang out with JKMJJ, and I should be forced to hang out with Luedon. How does that sound? Do you have a drinks and dancing appointment with JKMJJ? Why not? He may kill himself without the pleasure of your company. That would be your fault, right? That's the argument you just made.

It has not the slightest thing to do with pride or ego; it's the just and proper reaction to betrayal and treachery. If you have a problem with avoiding the treacherous, then it is you who has the psychological problem.

It would be my contention that no soulmate, no brother, no parents and no family would be a major improvement over having THAT soulmate, that brother, those parents and that family. Yes, nearly any cost would be worth shedding them. They are worse than nothing. Stand by anything you please, just don't expect others to accede to your assessment of what the character's choices were. I, and a great many others, think his reactions were those of most humans to betrayal on that level. You disagree, fine. Your privilege. Just don't insult the Beast or other readers and you'll do fine.

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Hard to score...

I guess technically it met the criteria of a well edited story. Also, one with the requisite beginning, middle, and end. The subject matter and ending acted as a depressant; as much as happy endings can lift a score. So score it 4.5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Another incoherent rant from Timriv......seriously, do you drink before you reply to these stories?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good

Happy to see the cunt wife dying, just a shame it wasn't long and painful.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Both Versions

I have read both versions several times, and love them both.

I have a comment about scores. In the past I have given fives only rarely. The problem with that is it means that a story like this, while MAYBE not a five, is certainly better than a four, and giving it a four has the effect of dragging its score down.

So this story will be getting a five for me. If you're wondering why I'm only scoring it now, I HAVE scored it before, but my score has been swept away! So, I will have to score it again.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Late Thoughts

"Please Teresa, I need a reason to live." – How does fucking her once give him "a reason to live?" A reason to live would be the hope of doing it again, and she's not going to do that, is she?

She really just didn't get it! She MAYBE cold have gotten away with just letting Billy try to fuck her, though Billy would have been dead meat. But when he couldn't do it, and she then HELPED him do it, that was the final nail in the coffin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
could have been good

if the whore had suffered .

alot .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fucked Up Family With Doug Being The Worst

What a fucked up family. At least Billy had a disease, an addict. Now, I have no addictions and I can count on one hand the number of times I've had too much to drink, and I'm in my 40's. So I cannot relate. But fucking Doug tells his wife, who he knows attempted suicide already and doing everything to get back with him after two years, to go kill herself. What a fucking piece of shit. Why would she want a piece of shit like that.

The poor girl had fucked up religious freaks for parents and then she marries an unfeeling psychopaths. And the Anon's on here wishing calling her names and saying too bad she didn't suffer more, I can honestly say that if you truly feel that way you are waste of humanity and should off yourself for the sake of the humanity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Stupid bitch

The ex wife got off easy. Dying was far too good for the stupid slut. Typical woman thinking she could “help”. I have no use for addicts, sluts and those try hards who enable them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Second or third read

I have to say that this story was well written. If you don’t believe me then just look at the comments! It has managed to evoke the whole gamut of emotions in its readers, which when you think 🤔 about it is what a story is supposed to be!

Personally I can see both sides of the coin, and IMHO Doug didn’t do a damned thing wrong. He tried after having been betrayed by all those who were supposed to have his back, and in the most disgraceful disgusting way that they could! Ok, the parents had a trouble child on their hands, however to pawn him off on his older brother as well to basically abandon Doug in the way they did is just wrong on so many levels I cannot begin to list them. A man has a right to allow who he wants into his own home, as well as to not allow someone in! Doesn’t matter if it’s family or not, and it really is that simple! The parents decided to try tough love, yet they pushed him onto his older brother? If they wanted tough love, then they should have lived with the consequences of that decision, end of story! His wife was an idiot to not see through the manipulation weed or no weed. To do it with him without any protection just on his say so that he was clean was the equivalent of playing Russian roulette with both their lives. Had she had the simple common sense of a dung beetle she could have and should have gone to the pharmacy the next morning to get the morning after pill. However considering the depth of her and his parents betrayal in this matter I’m not surprised! When Billy got locked up his father should have left him overnight in the county lockup and gone to Doug’s graduation.

As for what Doug said to Teresa, with the amount of emotional trauma laid at Doug’s feet to have to give up a new job, a new Home and the start of healing his own soul which thanks to her machinations she stole from him yet again, well it was just too much and while he shouldn’t have been so blunt about it, was absolutely completely understandable! Had she truly wanted to even begin to make amends she should have put the kid up for adoption, thus the child wouldn’t be right in his line of sight! To go through nine months of pregnancy watching his “wife” be pregnant with what he knew was not his child must have been absolute torture and mental cruelty on a level that just isn’t quantifiable, because once again the “favorite” child was shoved into his life and he was supposed to clean up the mess yet again! I would have thought that maybe Doug should have asked his parents to put him up for adoption at some point if only to get away from their poisonous behavior.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Holy shit! Dark, but...

... a brilliant read.

Only thing, when he pulled his gun at the party I’m surprised he wasn’t shot on the spot. Texas is a “... shall issue...” state for concealed weapons permits. I’m surpised 15%-20% of the males there weren’t carrying. Probably some of the women too.

Please, anybody, don’t get in my face about ccw permits. I like them. I’m just trying to be realistic about things in Texas. Now, if this was Boston, or New York, or San Francisco, or Seattle I’d totally understand no one else having a weapon on their body.

Anyways... 5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
weak and boring story

Fucking with drug addict without condom? No way! Fucking in her fertile period without condom? No way! Consider a day after pill and then is no story..

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
My mistake, about guns at the dinner.

Missed the sentence where Doug said Martha, the hostess, wouldn’t allow any. I lie here on the floor corrected.

c24jc24jalmost 6 years ago
Not soulmates for sure

True soulmates have a love that is based on much more than than some imagined sense of genital ownership. It wouldn't surprise me if most true soulmates (if such a thing exists) were in open or loose marriages. Religious extremists (mostly), misogynists, and man-haters go for this ridiculous, 'I-own-your-ass-you-are-nothing-more-than-my-property' attitude that ruins so many relationships. That can't be true soulmatesmanship.

That being said, I think it would have been interesting if Theresa drugged Billy and his parents, and when they woke . . . immobilized . . . killed Billy in front of them.

"That's for sending him to live with us, bitches!!", she would cry, before disappearing with Doug Jr.

Eventually, Doug would come to realize he was acting like a stubborn dumb fuck (with a fragile male ego which he'd developed mostly to irritate sbrooks) and start searching for her.

Meanwhile, she would have raised a puppy she got for Doug Jr., but it would turn out to be a hound of Satan. It would stare at her with evil hypnotic eyes (just like Doug did in the story) and say with some persuasiveness that she should kill herself (just like Doug said to her). She'd just laugh and say "Who's an evil hell hound?? He's such an evil boy, isn't he?". This would humiliate the dog, who in anger and frustration, would kill itself. It would then end up in hell, next to Doug's brother Billy, and the two would torment one another for some time.

While out looking to buy another Pup, she'd run into Doug. "Are you seeing anyone?", he'd ask.

"Well", she'd answer, "For a while we had this hell hound that tried to do me any time I fell asleep. I usually fought it off, but on the rare occasions it succeeded, it was awful, but I figured I deserved it because of what I did to you. That's the full extent of my social life, since you left."

"Where is it now?", Doug might ask.

"It killed itself and went to hell where it and your brother torment one another almost constantly.", Theresa would answer.

"Cool !!", Doug would respond, and, "Hey, would you and Doug Jr. want to go out and get something to eat?"

"Cool !", she'd respond, and eventually, the two souls might once again find themselves mating.

But I liked the original story too.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

Agreed, she was never his soulmate.

I'd say that a true soulmate wouldn't fuck the guy her husband hated most in the world, letting herself get knocked up with the brother-in-law's bastard. That's not being a soulmate, that's the behaviour of a backstabbing cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sorry

But if you love your husband you don't have sex with anyone else. That's just the way it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sad

What a fuck up! - trying to be a do-gooder. What could she have been thinking of, allowing a drug addict to fuck her and she so in love with her husband!! No motive can exonerate her act.Well written. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
THAT'S HOW YOU LIKE TO SEE THEM END...

I can't think of any better story telling than what I've just experienced. Yeah, I just I'm a dyed in the wool fan of BTB. The crispier the better.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another read

This is a dark and tragic.story, it's.on Billy and Teresa. A bad boy, and a weak stupid woman always ends bad. Teresa brought it on herself and paid an awful.price. Billy had been heading for his end for a long time. Glad he found it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
meh, find another 'soul mate'

love is a simple chemical reaction. you can add partnership to that. that takes communication and time.

so you need lust, personality agreements, time, communication, and effort.

does that sound like the formula for some super-rare artifact?

these are common dime a dozen items. i think people are HOOKED on the mythology of love. i was once. it made me MISERABLE. i truly believed in deep soul-mate love. problem with that is two-fold. 1)you become a slave to the idea, good or bad. 2)you never look literally EVERYWHERE else.

potential love is everywhere. the relationship you find yourself in could crumble at any time if both people aren't doing that simple list equally. it's a big push to not only WORK hard at a current relationship, but to MOVE ON if it starts falling apart.

SkubabillSkubabillover 5 years ago
Great Story

Wow dark is right, gloomy and depressing too. Still a really good story.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 5 years ago
Happy

How was it not a happy ending?

"How do you live without your soul mate? I was about to find out."

Moving on and making a life. It's the best any of us can ever do. He didn't give up or collapse from the pressure.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2about 5 years ago
fantastic

one of the best stories i have ever read

5* millions of hardons and thousands of orgasms

Subject117Subject117about 5 years ago

The best revenge story I read! Doug, the best antihero if there was. Granted Billy and Theresa took the easy way out, but at least for Doug it's over. Fuck the mom and dad and that bastard defected kid.

Subject117Subject117about 5 years ago

It was a perfect ending, a happy one. Wished there was more like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Adding to the choir.....

....great story, great ending.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing tale

You dont find many real men in these stories. You did great. It was refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Daang...

...excellent story, and superb writing style as well. 5 stars easy! Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Posters don’t read very carefully. Must be frustrating for Mr. Beast.

Many posters fault Doug for telling her to kill herself. He did nothing of the sort. He told her he didn’t care if she did it or not. Threat of suicide is often used as a way to maintain control over someone. He was telling her that tactic would no longer be effective, if it ever was. I’ve been there.

Her desperate attempts to reconcile were complicated, but control over the situation was certainly part of it. She wanted things her way.

Of course, Doug discovered that he did, indeed, care.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
A wonderful story.

Very sad it took so long for him to escape. Still the bitch and betrayer are rotting corpses, the bastard child is still hanging on but hopefully it will die soon and the awful parents will have nothing.

I can't understand why "Friends" have to interfere in people's lives! If he had wanted to be involved in some (any) woman's life that's down to him. Fucking do-gooders can't just listen and shut up!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Would Be a Different Story, But ...

... seeing how empty he feels without her, if they had just left him alone to work through his feelings of betrayal, he MIGHT have been able to eventually forgive her.

By trying to FORCE feed him forgiveness they pretty much guaranteed that he would throw it back up all over them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
When They Call You

Their soulmate, you might as well just bend over to grab the soap cause you're going to get fucked. All you can hope for is they'll use some lube. Teresa and Billy got just what they deserved, stupid is as stupid does. Signed: BTW

ReadyOneReadyOneover 4 years ago
Third read of both

The only significant difference between "Burning Bridges" and "Run Boy Run" is the Epilog. Both are high quality, and either ending works well for me.

What I don't understand is what objections Laurel could make so that DFWBeast had to rewrite!

PS: If you search Google for -- "DFWBeast" Doug "Tommy Peterson" "Martha Peterson" -- you get zero hits. Add -- site:literotica.com/s/ -- to the Google search and you will find the Literotica story.

Use Bing to find -- "DFWBeast" Doug "Tommy Peterson" "Martha Peterson" -- and you will see the Literotica version and the "Run Boy Run" version.

PPS: Literotica also lost my rating of this story from a couple of years back. Of course I gave it a 5 again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
darune

One of my favorite stories

Makes me want another chapter .. a redemption chap maybe 20 years later where the boy saves the MC somehow

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Dark as writer said

I read 4 stars well written characters well drawn

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Dark and brutal

Some things just can't be fixed or forgiven. Betrayal by the wife and brother tore him apart. The parents favoritism finished him off. I doubt the parents, as written, will do any better with Doug Jr.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Dark and brutal

But hey they brought it down on themselves. But I have to admit, I love these dark stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Eh, he brought it on himself

HE agreed to let an addict live in his home. He had final say and agreed to it. So,

Why is he blaming the wife?

Why couldn't Loser Druggie stay with his parents?

Why was the wife wanting a drug addict to stay with them?

And, please, why would any decent woman let a drug addict fuck her?

There's a lot that doesn't add up..

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Eh, he brought it on himself" - He didn't actually "agree," he succumbed to pressure from his parents and wife.

Exactly, why couldn't he stay with his parents? THEY wouldn't/couldn't take him but expected big bro to take him.

Why is he blaming the wife? Um, because she cheated on him with his own brother!

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 4 years ago
I like dark ...

And you do it very well.

Hooked

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Wow

That was just brutal and I can see where he's coming from. That was some powerfully dark writing but that's life sometimes.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Damn good story! 5*****

Gut wrenching, but damn good. I can't honestly say that I know he made the right decision, but I can't see from his perspective how he could have done otherwise. Awfully good.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Dsrkest, and.one of the best stories in LW. I'm not sure that Billy and Teresa aren't better off. At least they have a kind of peace.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 4 years ago
Blood may be thicker than water but..............

both of them will drown you just the same if you allow them to drag you down.

You simply don't let your family members drag you down in their drama BS. Granted, not letting Billy move in would have stopped infidelity this time, but I think as gullible as Teresa was, she was just a ticking time bomb waiting to screw up. Then again, she might have wised up after having a couple of kids from her actual hubby and not his brother. Who knows.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
A good story

He had a very twisted sick fucking family and friends

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The baby is a he....

not an it. He had no say in his creation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sucky story

well this story totally sucked. For your own sanity's sake don't read it.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

While this tale is very dark, it is also very true to life - no RAAC, no BTB, just life kicking you in the balls and having to drag yourself up by the bootstraps.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A story with no happy ending or winners. Its a story that plays out (at least in parts) everywhere. Thank you for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This is far better than

readers here seem to realize. Great character development and creative plot.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

I think the cheating whore and his piece of shit brother deserves everything they suffered. I love junk his parents and family members didn't get theirs. I think he's right for quitting and telling off his boss and the meddling bitches! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I gave it 5 stars. To begin with, it was really accurate describing how a junkie uses his/her families love, for their own benefit. I remember a co-worker who was a “recovering dope addict”, bragging about how easy it was to use her mom, to get what she wanted. The ending is somewhat what I would expect, although if the wife was as good looking as the story said, I think she would have tried to move on with some other guys. Maybe after 20 years or so, claiming her life.

The better looking a woman is, the more options she has....

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

5/5!!!

.

For sheer BTB effect, it was on par with the Yucatan meteorite that wiped out the dinosaurs! This was BTA*!

*All

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

2nd read and much better than what i remembered. maybe its due to all the cuck swinging stories lately. no winners here but atleast the hubby gets to move forward and not wallow in misery

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
You said "There's no happy ending with this one"

I dunno. I feel like it had quite a good ending. Happy even. The 2 scumbags are dead. The busy bodies got put in their place. The shitty parents lost both sons, and got saddled with a kid. And our hero got a fresh start, looking to the future. I'd call this one a win.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Good one, Beast! Sad, True but still very Good!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Unremittingly grim, but very well written.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

One of the best stories on this site!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...