All Comments on 'Burning Bridges'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 330 Comments (Page 4)
mariverzmariverz9 months ago

@Kiwihunter

to everything you say, I would complete it by killing the little bastard before committing suicide, in order to destroy the fucking parents, they were the least they deserved.

a todo lo que dices, lo completaría asesinando al pequeño bastardo antes de suicidarse, para así destruir a los putos padres

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written as always from this author. Character development is lacking. Pretty morose story. Would suggest this author doesn't try to write Hallmark cards.

dawg997dawg9979 months ago

Well written but a very sad story.

demanderdemander9 months ago

Doug is a true asshole. Nice story, but so depressing. D

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon7 months ago

Demander, your stories suck ass. Work on improving.

metal_moonmetal_moon7 months ago

Those who are saying Doug is at fault, I wish you a wife like his ex-wife.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A well written story. I can't say it was a good story as the plot is so sad.

I can not understand those who are attacking Doug. Isn't that the same as blaming and shaming a rape victim?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good writer. Powerful message!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I loved it. It's a sad powerful story with a message to all, not everyone is the same when it comes to cheating. Thanks for sharing it with us. I gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story. Raacs can happen but sometimes/often they just can't as well. And when the hurt is deep enough...well...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Could you write a follow up to this story that helps Doug turn his life around?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5 stars! Excellent, would love to see what happens next for Doug.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Crazy dark...well written but wow. Ouch.

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

Wow! Great! Using the reference for the baby as “it” spoke volumes, nice touch

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Lord..... what a brute! Not the author. Excellent writer.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Uuhhh...this is exactly how I've always felt I would react to finding out my wife fucked a family member and had his baby.

I never really thought about it until I started reading LW on Lit 10 years ago.

The half assed reconciliation stories...forgiveness? Happy endings?

No fucking way.

I'd literally have beaten a family member to unconsciousness.

And I would have immediately been done with any wife. Done. Over. Cold. Fury. Just like that.

I'd have never held the baby. Made sure my name wasn't on any birth certificate.

And probably have gone to jail for a bit for the violence against a brother or cousin.

When I got out? I would have moved far, far away. Disowned everyone from my life and started over.

This story was dark. But I find it WAY more relatable than the similar RAAC stories here.

No way I could ever raise another man's child...who impregnated my wife while she was married to me. Let alone look at it every day knowing it was my brother's or cousin's or uncle's bastard.

Nope. No way. Some things are just not worthy of forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A powerful, evocative story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Dark evocative powerful story about the cost of betrayal. Excellent tale that's well written. Hopefully the MC finds peace and happiness. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Dumbest shit I've read in a while. Stupid slut with no self-control. Got what she deserved in the end though she took the easy way out. Always amazes me just how stupid people can be, even in a story.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower4 months ago

WOW!!! Very powerful!!! Thanks for an excellent read!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well that was dark and depressing

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice story….but I HATE changing POV stories. I know what the skank did. I don’t need to know how she justified it to herself. No star ratings as I realize my own feelings shouldn’t be used to judge; the story should be judged on its merits.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Her side of the story was a waste of time, irrational, unbalanced, just selfishness in a nutshell.

HighBrowHighBrow2 months ago

I usually hate multiple POV, but I was glad to hear her side of it. Those are two messed up families..,

drbenchpress66drbenchpress662 months ago

So she had sex with him right after he just went on a rant about getting aids?

consulting91consulting91about 2 months ago

That was a good story but a realistic and very dark ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Incredible story but one of the most depressing things I have ever read and I was beaten and raped by my father from the age of 5 until he finally mysteriously was found dead. I the rest of my life story would make an unbelievable book but it would also put me in prison for the rest of my life. I guess I have to wait until I am gone to have it released to the public.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Unfortunately a very realistic and dark story. A tip of my hat to DFWBeast.

ImshakenImshaken29 days ago

Plot hole? After having sex with the hubbies brother why wouldn't the wife simply go to the pharmacy and get the day after pill? Problem solved. (I realize that pill doesn't solve the infidelity issue but it does solve the potential unwanted pregnancy risk.)

Very sad to think there are people who actually have lives like this. 4 stars

mfbridgesmfbridges16 days ago

Anonymous, I can't imagine being subjected to that kind of childhood reality. You are truly a strong person to be able to even post about what your bastard of a father did to you. The tears and thought I shed considering your pain as a child are all I can honor you with.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...