All Comments on 'Buster's Story'

by Jaisen

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 12 years ago
We're off to a wonderful start!

Can't wait to see what you're going to do with Brian/Buster in the Great War.

The straight-to-the-point romance between Brian and Natalie seems perfect for the time and place. I imagine it was similar for the merely human back then.

As with your other stories, the wolf-iness sings. I hope we will get to hear from Brian's wolf as we did Luc's.

Thanks very much for the launch of your new story.

MazuriMazuriover 12 years ago
You're Back!

I was very happy to see this story this morning! Can't wait to watch Buster's story unfold :)

donaldedonaldeover 12 years ago
super start

excellent start to what looks to be a great story thank you for posting it and i can not wait for the next installment

MizTMizTover 12 years ago

This is my first time reading any of your storys and I must say it took me long enough. Well I'm in now. This story has grabbed my attention and I look forward to following it.

wwwreadcomwwwreadcomover 12 years ago
You have my vote

OMG that was so damn good! This is the first story of yours I read and I loved it. Will there be more?

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 12 years ago
Oh Yeah!

Just perfect! I love your writing and now there is more to love!

misstea_bluemisstea_blueabout 11 years ago
I tried

I read the first story in the series, and forgave the grammar issues. This story appears to purposely butcher the English language - even worse than the first story. I made it through the first page, but I can't take anymore. I'm sorry but with grammar this bad, I have to stop reading. If you get an editor, I'll come back. I hope this happens as the story line is good.

JaisenJaisenabout 11 years agoAuthor
Language

For clarity... Buster's Story is written in voice... ie the dialect of the Metis. Yes, it slaughters the grammar and wrecks havoc with the English language. It's written that way to provide depth to the story. Were the lines delivered in proper English (which one? British? Welsh? Scots? American?) It just wouldn't be the same. Nor would it reflect the isolated population that are the Davis family in Canada. Eh?

michrmichrover 10 years ago

I enjoy reading stories that use local dialects. It gives flavour to the dialogue. I can almost hear the characters voices in my head. It is similar to what Brian Jacques does in his 'Redwall' series (which I really enjoy, especially when I read them to my kids).

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A world war story

Interesting new angle on the last world war. Lots of intriguing possibilities in this.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

Almost thought this was a Cajan story with the language being spoken. Very understandable to use the dialect from the time and location as it adds much more to the story. Looking forward to the next chapters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJaisen@Jaisen
692 Followers
Hello! Well, I'm back! Life has been chaotic to say the least. I've just added a new shifter story, ...And the Big Bad Wolf.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES