All Comments on 'Can You Feel Me?'

by puffadder

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
dsidedsidealmost 20 years ago
Thank you

for the heart felt story.

puffadderpuffadderalmost 20 years agoAuthor
Just What I Feel

When I wrote the story, I did not do it to make a political statement. As a Viet Nam Vet, I'm seen the fallen warriors "...carried home on their shield...". Words and monuments have been erected in their honor. This was written to honor the wives and lovers of these men, because somehow, along the way, it seems as though they have been forgotten.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
loved it

Started out a little rocky then grabbed my attention shortly after the first paragraph or so. I cried at the end, my boyfriend is in the marines right now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow

The end of the story gave me chills. I've never had a lover and have never known anybody serving in in Iraq but the message is powerful nonetheless. It gives the story new meaning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Amazing

I couldn't wait to get to the end, and I couldn't help crying when I got there. Very much appreciate you writing a story like that, and the true message it brings home. Thank you.

HedgeWitchHedgeWitchabout 16 years ago
whoa

As a military raised girl, your story gave me chills and as a girl who lost her favorite uncle in Nam...I cried. My brother is in the military now and each night I light a candle and pray for them all. Thanks for such a loving memory of all those departed past, present and future.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous