Change is Mandatory

Story Info
Each of the foursome had a story or a confession to share.
30.3k words
4.7
21.4k
8
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Philip Johnson

Prologue

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I mention that right off; that and the fact that it's January, so you can get a mental picture of a cold, brown and depressing place and time of year. Once spring arrived I'd brag about being from Harrisburg, but right then I'd have given anything to be someplace warm and green. Let's narrow it down a little now. I live on Fortuna Lane on the north side of one of the loops of Yellow Breeches. That could be river or creek depending on what you read and where you read it. It is a premier trout fishing stream I'm told, but since I don't fish I'll have to take their word for it. Oh, and I'm just west of the Susquehanna River in case you care.

Okay, first of all we all grew up in Harrisburg and thanks to PTA moms us kids knew each other from early child hood on. Some moved away, but that still left the four of us in our little group.

I'm Jay Kenton, one of four in that tight little group. There's Tony Manchester, the second male in our mix. Tony is sandy haired bordering on red and his hair is always a mess. Not because he doesn't care, but rather his hair doesn't care, so it goes in all directions. His most recent solution is to keep it cut very short. He's pretty laid back outwardly but his mind never stops working.

Nikki Orson is...well how can I describe her? She's vivacious is what comes to mind. Full of energy and about one step outside of mischief much of the time. She can be impulsive, but not out of control and that just adds to her charm as far as I'm concerned. Small framed with beautiful brown hair in a bouncy ponytail that I would frequently find excuses to touch.

The fourth member of our little pack is Margo Fields. Margo is a little taller than Nikki and a little like Tony in that she's on the quieter side. But her gray blue eyes always seem to be dancing and her dirty blond hair is usually about shoulder length and I love to watch it shift and shimmer when she moves.

Our group of four is important to us for many reasons, but almost certainly the main reason is we never judge each other and we never hit on or try to date each other. Yes we're all single. Either always have been or have been for some time. When we're together we can all really relax and be ourselves. We've all seen each other in bad moods or sad moods, but mostly in good spirits. We've seen each other sick and hung over or drunk, but we never fail to be there if one of us needs our support.

Chapter One

Jay was in his combination guest room and office and was installing a new router in his computer system. He had his ear pressed against his phone as he leaned over to reach a dropped data line. Of course it chose right then to ring right into his left ear. He jumped back and grabbed his ear as he tossed out a few choice expletives before grabbing the phone and answered. "What?"

"Okay then, maybe I'll just call back another time or another day."

"Oh...sorry Nikki I...well I'll explain later. What's up?"

"I just wanted to tell you that I'll be a little late tonight. Say about fifteen minutes."

"Oh, okay."

"Just don't let anybody say or do anything important until I get there."

"Right, like we have so many important things going on in our lives. Okay then no problem. You are okay aren't you?"

"I'm fine, I just have to stop off at the courthouse and pay a fine."

"Oops."

"Yeah, thirty five in a twenty five. See you tonight love, bye." After he hung up he smiled and thought that between the two women in their little group she was his favorite. Of course it was just last week when he had the same thoughts about Margo. He could understand why bigamy still existed.

For the upcoming gathering, Jay made a bowl of bacon wrapped sausages and floated them in a light barbeque sauce, put some diet Cokes and a dozen Miller Lites in the fridge and called it good. The others would bring more food so they wouldn't starve as they sat around wasting their Saturday night.

He unlocked his front door about five thirty, and not much later Tony came in calling out, "I'm here so bring out the naked women."

"Wrong night and wrong house I'm afraid," He called from the kitchen. "If you know where we should be you better be telling me all about it."

He found Jay putting out the paper plates and glasses and said, "I was just fantasizing. You gotta admit it is a good thought."

"Top shelf in fact."

"Need any help?"

"Nah, I'm about set. This group is pretty low maintenance."

"I think it's cool how we all just make ourselves at home no matter whose house we use."

"We could almost all live in the same one in fact."

"I don't think I'd go quite that far."

"Nikki will be a few minutes late by the way."

It was only minutes later when Margo came in saying, "Damn I hate the winter time. It's so utterly depressing."

"The wintertime blues," Tony offered.

"You can call it anything you want, but it's still depressing and seems to go on forever."

"At least it isn't snowing."

"I'd welcome snow right now just for a change of scenery."

"You gonna be cranky tonight?"

"Of course not. In fact I feel better just from bitching about it. Hey, where's Nikki, she's always here ahead of me."

Jay told her, "She had to stop and pay a fine before she could go home and change."

"Fine? Fine for what?"

"I'll let her tell you the story."

"Oh, did you get your new bedspread and curtains and stuff?"

"I did, go check it out and see what you think."

She came back a minute later and told him, "Nice. You did good in fact...it's just too bad it's so masculine."

"You mean you've never noticed I'm a guy?"

"Well of course but...I just thought you'd go a little more neutral you know? Kind of in between."

"Sorry. Guess that means you can't sleep with me now."

"Like that was ever in the cards."

"Hey you almost did that night after Gil and Wendy's reception."

"I sure was drunk that night. I still don't know how you got me home."

"I don't either because I don't remember much about any of that."

Nikki finally arrived saying, "I need a cold beer to drown my sorrows." As she joined the group, Jay handed her a cold beer and waited for her to take a long taste. "Just for the record, the basic speeding ticket will set you back a hundred and twenty bucks. More if you're ticket is for exceeding the ten miles over the posted limit. I won't be eating out or anything else for a month now."

The four of them filled their plates and made their way to the living room, and chose places to sit where there was an end table for their drinks. Tony looked around and smiled before he said, "It looks like we're all mad at each other. Jay, you and Nikki are at opposite ends of the couch and Margo and I are the same way on this love seat." They talked as they ate and Nikki explained about where and how she got her ticket and she and Margo talked about being stopped by good looking officers...while Tony and Jay stayed out of it.

With their plates empty, Jay put a bowl of salty snacks on the coffee table and they all got a beer before returning to the living room. The next half an hour or so was spent on reviewing their lives since their last gathering a couple of weeks ago, but then Jay said, "I have an idea. Something to get our minds off of work and the lousy weather or whatever."

"What's that," Nikki asked him.

"One of us picks a time in their past that, for whatever reason, was very important to them or was a pivotal point in their lives. Then share that with the rest of us."

Tony asked, "Any time in our lives?"

"Yeah, as a kid or a teenager or whenever. It can be funny or sad or risqué or scary."

"Damn, I'd have to think about that one."

"I would too," Nikki said. "So what about you Jay? This is your idea so do you have something in mind for your story?"

"Yeah I do. Well a couple I guess, but one of them came to mind right away."

Tony jumped up and said, "I'll get more beers."

Then Margo added, "Okay, let's all sit on the floor in a circle for Jay's story. Um...Jay this is a story that's...are you going to try to embarrass Nikki and me?"

"Nope, but that's all I'm going to tell you in advance." As soon as the coffee table was moved out of the way they sat in their little circle and Jay added, "I just have one thing to say before I start. None of us can judge the one telling the story. If one of us does something...well never mind I think you all know what I mean. We're going to be talking about the past after all."

Nikki was smiling as she said, "We get your point, now tell us your story. In detail."

"We'll see about the detail part. I just want to say that what happened impressed me on so many levels. Because of this experience I grew up almost over night, at least in some ways. It really did have a profound effect on me. Okay this goes back to when I had just turned twenty one. I was still living at home and finishing some makeup credits so I could finally get my BA. I had run into a friend named Haley Summers and had asked her out to dinner. Well beer and burgers actually. Anyway she said yes. This whole memory making event started when I rang the doorbell at her house."

* * * * * * * *

"Oh hi Jay, come in," Mia Summers said.

"Hi Mrs. Summers, Haley was going to go with me for a burger and a beer is she ready?"

"Are you sure it was for tonight?"

"Yeah, I saw her at the Mall earlier today."

"Oh no."

"Why, is something wrong?"

"Jay...she isn't here. She...some guy named Brad came over and they left together with Haley saying she wouldn't be home until quite late."

"Oh."

"I'm so sorry Jay. This is a little awkward but all I can do is apologize."

"It isn't for you to apologize Mrs. Summers, Haley's twenty one and it's for her to apologize, not you."

"I don't know why...can I get you something to drink, a Coke maybe?"

"Sure, thanks."

* * * * * * * * * *

Jay looked at the others at that point and said, "I didn't know what to think or do right then. I felt sorry for her because Haley had let her down and embarrassed her.

Tony looked at him and smiling asked, "What did this Mrs. Summers look like Jay?"

"A lot like Haley actually. Pretty attractive in a more mature sort of way with medium length dark hair, almost brown in fact. Really, in some ways I thought she was better looking than her daughter."

"And how old was she?"

"At that point I could only guess at late thirties, but she could have been older or younger." Jay drank part of his beer and continued his story.

* * * * * * * * *

"Jay, call me Mia would you?"

"Thanks, I will."

"Jay this isn't the first time she's pulled this stunt I'm sorry to say. I didn't raise her to treat people that way and it's going to come back to haunt her and we both know that, even though she doesn't see that yet."

"I don't want to spoil your evening Mia so I won't stay."

"Don't worry about me, it's good to see you again. So what have you been up to other than college?"

"That's about it and work for Dad as his plumbing assistant."

"It just occurred to me that you must be twenty one now."

"I am. Plus three months in fact."

"Would you like something in your Coke Jay? I mean like a taste of J.D.?"

"Yes, that would be nice. No wait I have a better idea. Grab your purse and you and I can go find that burger and a beer or whatever."

"Are you sure you want to waste your evening with me?"

"Well let's get this straight, I don't see spending the evening with you as a waste at all."

Mia smiled and studied this young man next to her until she smiled and said, "I accept your offer and thank you."

Chapter Three

Jay scooted back until he could lean back against the couch and before he could continue with his story, Nikki did the same and asked him, "Is this going where I think it's going?"

"You'll just have to wait and see love."

"Is this a long story?"

"You'll just have to wait and see." She stuck her tongue out at him, leaned back against the couch next to him and tasted her beer in silence as he continued to tell his tale.

* * * * * * * *

As we went out I even put her arm through mine and asked her, 'Where would you like to go?'

"I'd like to go to Connelly's."

I gave her a quick look and she smiled and said, "Relax Jay I'm buying."

"No, that wouldn't be right."

"It would be perfect and once we are there I'll explain to you why it will be perfect."

"Isn't that place a little fancy for the way we're dressed?"

"We're fine, but if it will make you feel better we can sit in the bar area."

"I'd be more comfortable with that." She turned in her seat slightly and watched me as I drove.

"Jay, I can't understand why Haley would pull such a stunt. You're a very nice guy, quite handsome and charming too."

"Thank you Mia. I have to admit I'm not all that sorry she disappeared on me now."

"Now I know you're just trying to be gallant."

"Not at all."

We found a corner table in the bar and after the waiter had checked my ID, we were soon sipping our first drinks as we studied the menu. Mia ordered the scallops and vegetable with a salad and I chose the osso bucco. As soon as the waitress was gone I smiled and asked Mia, "Okay so explain how this is perfect."

"It's quite simple really. You see, her father sends me money to cover her college expenses, and whatever is left over she can spend however she wants. It only seems fair to me that she pay for our evening."

"I'm sure she won't be the least bit happy about that."

"That's what makes it so perfect. If she complains to her father I'll explain the whole thing to him and he won't be very pleased with her either."

"So you and your ex husband still get along?"

"We've learned to adjust and be civil and we even agree on how Haley should be cared for and treated. Apparently we made a few mistakes in that area."

"You did your best. Kids don't always respond to good parenting anyway."

"That sounds pretty wise for someone who has never raised children."

"I just observe and learn from it, or at least try to."

Mia smiled and said, "Let's see how observant you are. Tell me about our waitress."

"Nice looking and her short skirt is meant to catch the eye."

"Then you did notice her."

"Of course I did, I'm young and single. But I'm already with a good looking woman that certainly deserves my attention."

"Oh Jay, you are just too smooth, thank you." We finished our first drink and started on a second one before dinner arrived. We ate and talked and ended up talking over a third drink.

I raised my glass and said, "To Haley for paying for this wonderful evening and for arranging for us to have this time together."

"Yes, we do owe her that much." She paused smiled and then said, "I'll bet you've wondered how old I am." She paused yet again and added, "Yes I can see from your smile that you have, but you're too much of a gentleman to ask so I'll tell you. I'm forty one."

"And you must know that you don't look it. You don't look old enough to be Haley's mother. Had you told me you got pregnant when you were fifteen I wouldn't have questioned it."

"Oh Jay we do have to make this evening last."

"I hope we do. Shall we go back to your place while I'm still able to get us there safely?"

"Yes, that might be a good idea."

* * * * * * * * *

Nikki said, "Wait Jay, I want to get rid of this beer and switch to water or something. I want to be wide awake to hear the rest of this story."

Margo jumped up and joining Nikki said, "Me too Nikki. I have a feeling we won't want to miss this."

Then Nikki stopped halfway to the kitchen and turned toward Jay. "Of course that all depends on how detailed he gets with his story."

"There is that because he is a guy after all."

Chapter Four

The women came back and Margo resumed her place on the floor and leaned back against the side chair, and Nikki sat on the floor next to Jay again, but this time she turned and lay on her back and put her head on his thigh. "To what do I owe this honor," Jay asked her.

"I want to be able to see your face as you tell the rest of this story."

"If you think you're going to rattle me guess again."

"Oh I don't want to rattle you sweetie. In fact I don't want to miss anything. Please continue."

"Okay then." Mia and I made it safely back to her place and I followed her inside.

* * * * * * * *

"Jay," she said, "If you'll excuse me for a minute I'd like to get out of these clothes and get comfortable."

"Of course Mia, take your time."

"There's some scotch in the little bar," she said as she walked toward the stairs.

"Thanks, but I think I've had my quota for tonight." I found the guest bathroom and took care of business, washed my hands and glanced at myself in the mirror. Hair more or less still okay and shirt tucked in so I was good to go, and returned to the living room and dropped onto the sofa.

It was about ten minutes later when I heard her coming down the open stairs. I got up and moved until I could see her and just smiled as I watched her descend. She came toward me then and I made no effort to not stare at her. "You look fantastic," I told her. She was wearing a silk lounging outfit with a light short silk cover over it. Not so short as to look obvious or sleazy, but what I could see of her legs I really liked, and I could see quite a bit of them. "Very nice Mia and you do indeed look comfortable."

"I'm glad you approve Jay. I hope you don't mind, this way I can just drop into bed later and not have to bother with changing."

"I'm your devoted slave now Mia."

She kissed my cheek and told me, "As I said earlier, I think Haley is crazy for standing you up. Come sit next to me."

I really was her willing slave and we sat close to each other on that long sofa. I don't remember much of what we talked about after that. I remember doing my best to make eye contact with her and I think I did okay, but I got a fair share of glances at her legs too. We slowly leaned back until I had my stocking feet stretched out under her coffee table and she had her feet tucked up under her butt. With her turned toward me slightly and with her robe pulled open a little at the bottom I had a pretty good view of a lot more of her legs."

* * * * * * * *

Tony stopped Jay asking, "How is it I've never heard this story before?"

"It's one of those things that just never came up I guess. I mean I'll never forget it, but over time I've tucked it away in my mind."

"So you got to see up...well most of her legs."

"Yeah I did." Jay's hand and arm was draped over Nikki's midriff as she continued to study him and he didn't even notice that as Margo asked, "So okay, what happened next stud?"

"I wish I could remember all of the little details at that point. I know we talked a little more and my hand ended up on her thigh about half way up from her knee. It was right about then that I kissed her for the first time and she returned my kiss very willingly.

* * * * * * * *

After that kiss, Mia and I looked into each other's eyes and she told me, "I knew I'd like the way you kiss Jay." I didn't say anything, but I did pull her toward me and we shared a much deeper and longer kiss. "Oh god Jay you are so dangerous."

"I can't possibly be as dangerous as you are. You are so sexy and desirable Mia." We went into another kiss and little by little I ended up on my back with her on top of me and my hands went exploring as we kissed. Her slippery silk robe had moved up until my hands felt nothing but her warm butt and a thin wisp of panties. One of my hands moved up under her robe and as it turned out, under her top until I was exploring where there should have been a bra of some kind...but of course there wasn't."

* * * * * * * *

Jay looked down at Nikki and said, "Okay, that's all the detail I'll get into."

123456...8