All Comments on 'Chocolate Covered Cherries'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601over 12 years ago
There is nothing more erotic that the love between man and woman.....

A wonderful story told very well. Thanks.

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlover 12 years ago
I gave it

a five. I always enjoy your stories. What I don't understand, though, is the continuing mention in these stories about women dancing with men not their husbands. It just seems so WRONG to me that they would do that. Maybe it's just me but that's my take on it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
That was my Mom and Dad, Audrey and Boyce.

Audrey and Boyce would have celebrated their 55th anniversary in December of 2006, but passed in March. Dad waited 1 week, I beleive to make sure that their 7 children were ok, before he passed in his sleep. The only time they were apart during those years was WW2 and for the 8 months she was in the Hospice. I miss them every day.

Thanks for the memories you stirred up. Tim.

AZSAMAZSAMover 12 years ago
True Love

Truly one of your best. The story, the simplicity and the directness of true love.

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
What a touching story

Fantastic! D.G what a writer you are very touching and well written. Your storys are always great but this was above and beyond.

DG HearDG Hearover 12 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

Every now and then I really feel a story. This is one of those stories. To be perfectly honest, I had tears as I wrote parts of it but they were tears of joy and happiness. I know it wasn't loaded with sex but I felt I had to write it. Thank you to all who have commented on it and have sent me feedback. It is truly appreciated.

With respect

DG Hear

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Hey! there is water in my eyes!

This isn't supposed to be on Literotica. Terrific read. What I enjoyed most was the quick staccato rhythm as the daughter told her story. Your economy of words was brilliant Mr. Hear. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

estragonestragonover 12 years ago
DG Hear, Master of Feel-Good (MFG)

It is an honor and a privilege and, dare I say it, a blessing, to work with a writer as gifted as DG Hear, MFG. We are so fortunate to have him posting here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Even If It Wasn't YOUR Life Story, D.G.

It is the kind I would wish for you to have had.

D.C.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 12 years ago
Tears are falling

DG a wonderful story thanks so much for sharing it with us. It was truly a touching feel good story about a family that lived and loved and stayed strong together. I really really enjoyed reading it. Thanks again

Stii_AnonymousStii_Anonymousover 12 years ago
Sudden onset of an allergy

Funny how halfway through this story I had an allergic reaction. My eyes began to water and my nose started running. It is too bad all relationships were not like this. Another outstanding story DG. Keep up the good work!

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Well told

Your story brought tears to my eyes also and I can't blame it on allergies. My Mother passed away on Valentine's day in 2008, so memories of her came back to me as I read the story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 12 years ago
Wow - great story

Well told story. Doesn't get any better than this!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
OLD WAYS ARE STILL THE VERY BEST WAYS

and bringing up and raising a family insitlled with them. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Beautiful Memories

This one was very tough sledding for someone like myself who has an 82 year old

wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A lovely small story.

So unlike the typical garbage posted here. Wonderful tale.

seaslugseaslugover 12 years ago
thanks

you made me cry. thank you

db1044db1044over 12 years ago
Another Good One

What a total tear-jerker - I loved every word. Thanks.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
A question

If DG Hear could write a wrong srory?

xtremeddxtremeddover 12 years ago
most children today (under 30) are acluistic...

You can't tell them how to live. You can show them how to live. Fewer and fewer though ever, see how to live...

Thank you for sharing on Lit. DG, thanks for showing.

x

Fighting41Fighting41over 12 years ago
Wow

Wish there were more than 5 stars to give such a wonderful touching story had me welling up with tears.

Thank your for sharing it

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
It is hard to write with this big lump in my throat and my eyes filled with tears.

DG is definitely the best there is when it comes to writing honest to God tear jerkers. What a beautiful and touching story.

AngelPoetAngelPoetover 12 years ago
heart warming!

Thank you for sharing this story of true love. What a beautiful read that certainly brought tears to my eyes. :)

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Superb

You stories are always well written, and very tight. Congratulations on another worthy story!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
a great story

that is an epic love tale. It makes me want to fall in love...

OldWil22OldWil22about 12 years ago
A touching story

Great story, wish my family was like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hi DG

This is the first of your stories I have read but I now look forward to reading more of yours. Not all stories have to have sex in them to be good, This is one of the best I have read for some time and I am pleased the story was rated highly by the judges.

Well Done

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggabout 12 years ago
Shame on you

for making me cry.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
WHEN THEY SAID I DO

THEY REALLY MEANT IT AND LIVED IT. tk u mlj lv nv

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotalmost 12 years ago
I still don't understand

why women think it's all right to go dancing with other men, especially if the husbands are at home, waiting for their return. Dancing is just stand up sex, that's all. It's cheating, plain and simple. I know there are going to be some who disagree with me but look at how many stories have that simple act as the center of all the problems that eventually lead to divorce.

Sid0604Sid0604over 11 years ago
Thank you

This is a great story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 11 years ago
Just what I needed

It's late in the evening, and even though it's bedtime I wanted to read just one story to settle me down so I'll go to sleep without tossing and turning. When I came across this one, just a page and a little bit more, it was just right. I actually had pulled it up to start reading when I noticed your by-line. That put a smile on my face because I knew it would be just what I wanted.

It's a different kind of story, and as always, you told it perfectly. I could imagine a lady in her sixties sitting and telling it, maybe even rocking in a chair as she told it. All I can say is you scored again. Thank you for sharing it.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Wonderful Story*****

Thanks for sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Nice

True love. An entire lifetime. Very rare and special. Great tale. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you ...

... for another heart warming and very well written love story.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Memories

Many times I have given chocolate covered cherries and my wife loves them. I will never forget when I was 8 or 9 my new aunt in the very early 1960's went out of her way to impress her nieces and nephews by spending several dollars on chocolate covered cherries, a box for each of us. I was very young and astounded! I had never received such a wonderful gift just for me! A whole box just for me! WELL I have NEVER stopped hugging my sweet Aunt EVERY time I see her to this day. She never gave such a BIG gift again, but proved again and again thru love of us always....I love my sweet Aunt.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
beautiful

I can't understand why my allergies are getting worse all of a sudden. Tough to read the last page.

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Who doesn't like chocolate covered cherries?

When I was a kid, my favorite aunt usually had a box of chocolate covered cherries around when we went to visit her. Maybe that's why she was my favorite. Unfortunately my wife was never a fan of chocolate, but when I traveled (frequently) I usually picked up a red silk rose on the way home. After 56 years together she has a lot of bouquets of roses around our house..

Thanks for the memories, yours and mine,

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Gifted

You a rare gift. I look forword to read more of your writing. if you write a book please post the name of the so I may go out buy.

JAG

.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Meh

I wanted to like this story, but I didn't care for the wife. To me, Caroline seemed to be self-centered. She wanted her nights out so she could dance with other men. It always has to be her way or she would make everyone miserable. She locked her husband out of the house. I guess she was good in bed which caused little Carl to do all of the thinking for big Carl.

Maybe if Caroline was likeable, I may have enjoyed the story. Oh well, a lot of others gave it high praise. I didn't want to rain on their parade so I added an extra point to score to make it four stars. It's the best I could do after being left with disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fantastic Tale of True Love!

What a perfectly written story about True Love, Commitment and Romance!!! I will remember this story every time I see a box of chocolate covered cherries. They are rare around here. Everyone has switched to cherries flavoured cream filled instead. Chocolate covered cherries were my mother's favorite as well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The most emotional, loving and cry-worthy story I have ever read anywhere. Is it allergy time again? Thank you very much for the memories it brought back from my own family. Five stars for Carl but barely a three for Caroline.

One of the big downsides of the story for me was Caroline going dancing with her girlfriends. That is an excellent recipe for cheating and/or being unfaithful. She has too much of a temper for her own good and to be as likeable as her husband. I guess she could be a real bitch at some point!

BJ

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

wonderful story brings memories of my own family to mind had to stop and call an older sister just to say I love you . thank you five

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

This is a well written emotional of a tightknit family that lasted 62 years. Downside of the story was Caroline going dancing with her girlfriends in the bars and dancing with strange men, what would have happened if Carl hadn't of been there to rescue Caroline when the guy had her arms pinned to her side. This great story gets my 5-star vote.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Caroline was a slut, period!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 2 years ago

It's amazing that a story can be so good, even without it being filled with sex. I can understand Caroline wanting to go back to work and having her nights out with the girls. My Mom was the same once all of us kids were grown and out on our own. I know my mom was vain and liked to be complemented on her looks but don't know if she ever cheated on my dad. I had my suspicions but never pushed it for my dads sake. Funny thing was that my dad passed away first, they were both in assisted living home, and I think my mom realized just how much he had loved her and how much she now missed him. Again, great story.

carvohicarvohiover 1 year ago

That was awesome.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Realy

A really good story.

MarrttyMarrttyabout 1 year ago

You tuird, made me cry. Great story.

TerryA42TerryA428 months ago

A very good loving story. It was also a emotional one.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

five stars and a few tears , thank you !!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5717 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories