All Comments on 'Chocolate Kisses Ch. 02'

by calibeachgirl

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyover 13 years ago
Yay!!!

this story seems to be getting better and better by the minute, i hope it ends well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yeah

Extremely well written. Realistic portrayal of a taboo erotic relationship, with historically acurate portrayal of prejudice on both sides of the race issue.

theognistheognisover 13 years ago
*****

I don't think it would be fair of me not to give five stars on this chapter, but I wish it had maintained a different course.

You have untold talent.

caramelcreamcaramelcreamover 13 years ago
One Fine Storyteller...

That is certainly what you are. I have a question that you may or may not want to address publicly, but it is up to you. First, let me preface...

I read a good bit of Sister Golden Hair Delight, but I found myself unable to complete the novel. Being a multiracial woman myself, I always appreciate and am drawn to the stories following the relationship of a black woman and a white man, but SGHD transformed into something far beyond that simple storyline. I found myself losing interest, despite your compelling writing style. I know that many writers have a particular format they generally follow for most of their stories, changing the individual characters and the specific scenarios, but the overall stories maintain a similar theme. I want to know if that is your MO, or if you even know this yourself yet. You are a fabulous writer, and I could see myself quickly falling in love with this story and the characters within, but I don't want to be disappointed...

I did read your bio, and I understand that a person's lifestyle can be a strong influence on his/her work. I wouldn't want to assume your ethnic background from the grainy picture on your bio page, but you do not appear to be the black woman that has played such a large role in the two stories of yours I have read. At this point, I also acknowledge the fact that you wrote from many different Points of View--men, women, and individuals of Asian and Latino descent included--so you are very talented, well-researched, and quite versatile. That versatility is necessary for any good writer. It leaves a lot of room for movement in a novel... This brings me to my question.

The "Novels and Novellas" category doesn't give the reader any idea of what to expect, other than a longer and hopefully well-put-together story. The writer can take the story wherever he/she wants the story to go, without clearly defined categories or limitations of said categories. So with all that being said, should I expect all of your stories to progress to have a poly-amorous theme? I think it is a legitimate question, because just as a woman can write a story about and from the POV of a gay man and his partner, a person who lives a poly-amorous lifestyle can write about a monogamous relationship between two people. It is simply my personal preference not to read stories about the aforementioned poly-amorous relationships, lesbian relationships, anal sex (though I can easily skip small parts in a larger story, if that is not the sole focus), partner swapping, violent BDSM, and many fetishes. I don't want to offend anyone--again, it is my personal preference I'm writing about. I would just like to know if all of your stories will eventually segue into the poly-amorous theme, or if I can expect some variety in the stories from time to time, i.e. a "simple" interracial novel or heterosexual novel. If yes to the latter, I just ask that you mention at the beginning of each story what to expect, so I can choose which stories to dive into wholeheartedly. I thank you in advance, and apologize for leaving my own novella on your comment page. I just figured some others may or may not have the same questions...

~Caramel

theognistheognisover 13 years ago
caramelcream

What a thoughtful, well expressed comment. I agree with virtually everything you said, and I join you in this:

"I read a good bit of Sister Golden Hair Delight, but I found myself unable to complete the novel."

I think this author has the talent to write a great novel that maintains a steady course over waters never sailed by others, but I think she may need a compass in the form of a wise editor to guide her.

Just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Really good writing

I have been reading erotic stories for years and just want to say that after chapter 1, I could not wait for the next installment. I am not disappointed. Bravo

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
One of the best pieces of fiction that I have read in a while.

You are becoming a master at the understated. Its not what you write but what you left unwritten. Great story with some great characters. I will be looking forward to the next chapter and the next..............

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ON ANY NEW JOURNEY

the 1st steps are the most difficult. TK U MLJ LV NV

NymphWriterNymphWriterover 11 years ago
Real Tears

I know it's been a while since I read Ch 1, and I'm so kicking myself for not reading this sooner. I shed real tears over the heartbreaking scenario between James & Bethany. How something so small & stupid (& yes... I'm well aware of the era this beautiful story is told in) would keep true love from being shared is just so well written I'm crying as I write this. Just proves how stupid we were once upon a time to let something as stupid as skin color to keep two people who truly love each other apart.

Very well written, and I'm looking forward to Chapter 3.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Chocolate Kisses Ch 2

This story just keeps getting better.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercalibeachgirl@calibeachgirl
490 Followers
My name is Sophia. I try to express my feeling about life in my writings. I appreciate all my readers, even those who are disappointed with something I've written and are courteous enough to tell me why. I appreciate everyone who uses what precious time we each have ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES