All Comments on 'Chocolate Kisses Ch. 02'

by calibeachgirl

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Chocolate Kisses Ch 2

This story just keeps getting better.

NymphWriterNymphWriterover 11 years ago
Real Tears

I know it's been a while since I read Ch 1, and I'm so kicking myself for not reading this sooner. I shed real tears over the heartbreaking scenario between James & Bethany. How something so small & stupid (& yes... I'm well aware of the era this beautiful story is told in) would keep true love from being shared is just so well written I'm crying as I write this. Just proves how stupid we were once upon a time to let something as stupid as skin color to keep two people who truly love each other apart.

Very well written, and I'm looking forward to Chapter 3.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ON ANY NEW JOURNEY

the 1st steps are the most difficult. TK U MLJ LV NV

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
One of the best pieces of fiction that I have read in a while.

You are becoming a master at the understated. Its not what you write but what you left unwritten. Great story with some great characters. I will be looking forward to the next chapter and the next..............

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Really good writing

I have been reading erotic stories for years and just want to say that after chapter 1, I could not wait for the next installment. I am not disappointed. Bravo

theognistheognisover 13 years ago
caramelcream

What a thoughtful, well expressed comment. I agree with virtually everything you said, and I join you in this:

"I read a good bit of Sister Golden Hair Delight, but I found myself unable to complete the novel."

I think this author has the talent to write a great novel that maintains a steady course over waters never sailed by others, but I think she may need a compass in the form of a wise editor to guide her.

Just my opinion.

caramelcreamcaramelcreamover 13 years ago
One Fine Storyteller...

That is certainly what you are. I have a question that you may or may not want to address publicly, but it is up to you. First, let me preface...

I read a good bit of Sister Golden Hair Delight, but I found myself unable to complete the novel. Being a multiracial woman myself, I always appreciate and am drawn to the stories following the relationship of a black woman and a white man, but SGHD transformed into something far beyond that simple storyline. I found myself losing interest, despite your compelling writing style. I know that many writers have a particular format they generally follow for most of their stories, changing the individual characters and the specific scenarios, but the overall stories maintain a similar theme. I want to know if that is your MO, or if you even know this yourself yet. You are a fabulous writer, and I could see myself quickly falling in love with this story and the characters within, but I don't want to be disappointed...

I did read your bio, and I understand that a person's lifestyle can be a strong influence on his/her work. I wouldn't want to assume your ethnic background from the grainy picture on your bio page, but you do not appear to be the black woman that has played such a large role in the two stories of yours I have read. At this point, I also acknowledge the fact that you wrote from many different Points of View--men, women, and individuals of Asian and Latino descent included--so you are very talented, well-researched, and quite versatile. That versatility is necessary for any good writer. It leaves a lot of room for movement in a novel... This brings me to my question.

The "Novels and Novellas" category doesn't give the reader any idea of what to expect, other than a longer and hopefully well-put-together story. The writer can take the story wherever he/she wants the story to go, without clearly defined categories or limitations of said categories. So with all that being said, should I expect all of your stories to progress to have a poly-amorous theme? I think it is a legitimate question, because just as a woman can write a story about and from the POV of a gay man and his partner, a person who lives a poly-amorous lifestyle can write about a monogamous relationship between two people. It is simply my personal preference not to read stories about the aforementioned poly-amorous relationships, lesbian relationships, anal sex (though I can easily skip small parts in a larger story, if that is not the sole focus), partner swapping, violent BDSM, and many fetishes. I don't want to offend anyone--again, it is my personal preference I'm writing about. I would just like to know if all of your stories will eventually segue into the poly-amorous theme, or if I can expect some variety in the stories from time to time, i.e. a "simple" interracial novel or heterosexual novel. If yes to the latter, I just ask that you mention at the beginning of each story what to expect, so I can choose which stories to dive into wholeheartedly. I thank you in advance, and apologize for leaving my own novella on your comment page. I just figured some others may or may not have the same questions...

~Caramel

theognistheognisover 13 years ago
*****

I don't think it would be fair of me not to give five stars on this chapter, but I wish it had maintained a different course.

You have untold talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yeah

Extremely well written. Realistic portrayal of a taboo erotic relationship, with historically acurate portrayal of prejudice on both sides of the race issue.

hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyover 13 years ago
Yay!!!

this story seems to be getting better and better by the minute, i hope it ends well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercalibeachgirl@calibeachgirl
My name is Sophia. I try to express my feeling about life in my writings. I appreciate all my readers, even those who are disappointed with something I've written and are courteous enough to tell me why. I appreciate everyone who uses what precious time we each have ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES