Choices and Sacrifices Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled in response, realizing that her insides were pleasantly turning.

Keegan turned off the faucet and faced Sabrina. He put both hands on the counter and rested his weight into his shoulders. Sabrina watched as the muscles contracted to support the weight of his body.

"Ready to eat?" He sighed with a smirk, taking note of her wandering eyes. Sabrina reached for the plates. Keegan grabbed the drinks and followed her toward her round dining room set adjacent to the kitchen.

"What are we doing after church today?" Keegan asked, picking up some eggs with his fork. Sabrina pushed a breath through her pursed lips and shrugged lightly.

"Whatever you want to do, I guess." She grumbled quietly.

"Well...Can we go on a date?" He matched her volume perfectly with his eyes still on his plate. Sabrina wasn't as moved by the question as she usually would've been, but it was still sweet.

"Sure." She replied, enthusiasm as far away from the sentence as possible.

The next few minutes were silent but soon Keegan spoke.

"Sabrina, I don't want you to be scared." He stopped eating and turned toward her, his eyes commanding her attention. She swallowed before she looked up, surrendering to his gaze and essentially confirming her own apprehension. "Whatever happens—however your mother feels towards me, won't change how I feel about you." Sabrina nodded before she spoke.

"It won't change how I feel about you either." She confessed.

Keegan was more worried about Sabrina than her mother's opinion on him. Within the past day, she'd gone from completely at ease, to a fidgeting mess. He could her see her mind was working overtime while trying to think of everything that could go wrong today. But surprisingly, Keegan didn't care. Of course he wanted her family to love him, but according to Sabrina, there was a big chance that wouldn't happen. So Keegan expected and was prepared for the worst.

*

"Don't say anything about us practically living together." Sabrina whispered fiercely. She was marching toward the church doors with Keegan at her side. She gave him a fleeting glance, but returned it almost as quickly with an expression of disgust.

"Keegan, wait." She said, pressing her palm firmly against his forearm. He stopped walking and faced her curiously. Sabrina began tugging and tweaking his collar from under the opening of his button down with purposeful motions.

Keegan allowed Sabrina to pick out his clothing for church, thinking it would help her achieve a must needed sense of control. So she picked out a grey shirt with fitting black slacks. She'd had them ironed and waiting from him once he'd gotten out of the shower.

He admired the raw expression of focus on her beautiful face.

"You look so cute." He said softly as she continued altering his shirt. Today she wore cropped tan slacks with a sleeveless navy blue paisley print blouse. She didn't think she'd be able to put up with her heels, so she settled with nude ballet flats. She'd twisted her afro-textured hair the night before, so it had a uniform curl down to her shoulders and a part down the side.

"Thank you baby—don't tell her you met Rochelle either. Just act like you don't know her." Keegan was getting really annoyed with the coddling and 'warnings'. She'd been doing it since they'd gotten in the car. He was desperately trying to hold his tongue but it was difficult. He was just ready for this day to be over so that Sabrina could finally relax and be the woman he was in love with.

"Or about how you were at my place the day I was really late to—"

"Sabrina, cut it out." He grumbled whole-heartedly, hitting her with a warning of his own. The bass in his voice wasn't a sharp as it could've been, but she still knew he was getting irritated. She inhaled and exhaled roughly with a look on her face that conveyed her terror. She stepped away from him and put a hand on her hip with her face downturned. He admired how her natural hair shined under the sun's light.

"I'm sorry." She said inaudibly, looking incredibly defeated. Keegan had no idea who this woman was. Sabrina was typically carefree, fun and took everything as it came to her, but in regard to this, she was the complete opposite.

"Remember what I said." He reached out for her hand and laced her fingers between his. They walked toward the door hand in hand, until Keegan reached out to open it for her. When he stepped inside, he could feel the vibes rush him head on. It was an overwhelming experience that he didn't think he would ever forget.

It was as if everyone inside the church wasanticipatinghis arrival and the feeling radiated out of everyone's body to meet him at the entrance. He could see Sabrina somehow felt it too because she'd stopped walking and was paralyzed at the front door.

Keegan didn't want to panic her or make her feel like this was a bad idea, so he decided to play it off. He was going to do everything he could to seem normal despite the fact that he was almost as intimidated as she was.

"Bri, it's alright." He nearly mouthed. His head turned toward some movement beside him and he was met with an open archway. There were at least 30 people inside, standing quietly with their eyes glued on them.

Sabrina was awe-struck. She hadn't told her mom much about Keegan, not even his name. Just that she'd be bringing her boyfriend to church this Sunday. So it was safe to say she had no idea he was white. But now that she was meeting eyes with over 15 extra people who never came to church before 8 o'clock, it was clear she'd told people. It was also clear that Keegan wasn't what they were expecting.

Somehow her feet began taking her toward the room. Keegan followed her lead and was surprised to see people part ways to make room for her. The end of the human tunnel led straight to what Keegan knew was her family.3 women, all beautiful and obviously powerful people in the church. They were almost sneering at Keegan.

"Hey." Sabrina said, edginess mixing with her sultry voice. The youngest of the 3 women and also the skinniest, spoke first.

"Hi, I'm Ivy." She announced, her smile warm and somewhat earnest. Keegan held his hand out to take hers. She was a serious looking teen yet still attractive. Her outfit was awkwardly conservative; her loose, bland skirt reached closer to her ankles than her knees and her shirt a matching style. She wore outdated wire rimmed glasses and her hair was tight on her neck.

"Keegan, nice to meet you." He replied.

"Brittany." The second eldest said, less enthusiastic as the first. Keegan shook her hand too. She was also beautiful. Her hair was full and straight while skimming her shoulders. She was dressed a bit more practically in a floor length green sleeveless dress.

It was obvious they were all waiting on Sabrina's mother to introduce herself, but it didn't happen at the appropriate time. There was a long break between Brittany's introduction and her mother's.

Sabrina could hardly withstand the pregnant pause that sat on her shoulders like a mountain. Her mother's already cat-like eyes were tinier than normal. It was obvious she'd gotten dressed in preparation to meet Sabrina's boyfriend. She wore black slacks that hid most of her heeled sandals. Her sea blue blouse was nicely loose and complimented her honey colored hair.

"Erica." It was so cold—so blatantly rude and unwelcoming. She hadn't even extended her hand for Keegan to shake. Her arms were folded firmly below her bust.

"Nice to meet you." Keegan replied. There was another 2 minute pause until a voice spoke behind them.

"Hi, I'm Rochelle, Sabrina's friend." Keegan turned to smile mischievously into the familiar face. She now had a baby perched on her chest but still, she looked radiant. Keegan shook her hand, going along with the false prologue.

"Keegan." When he spoke, the baby's eyes lifted to meet his. He was captivated by her powerful stare, and they looked at one another for 5 very long seconds. Rochelle peered behind Keegan's body momentarily.

"Good morning ladies." She greeted briefly, just trying not to be as rude as they were.

"Hello." Erica was the only one to reply. Keegan was comforted by the fact that he wasn't the most disliked person in the room; they clearly hated Rochelle too. He now understood his need to pretend as if he didn't know her. He needed a clean slate if he had any chance of getting on the women's good sides, and befriending their enemy wasn't the way.

"Okay, she should sleep through the whole service."Rochelle handed Sabrina her child confidently. Sabrina took the girl in her arms and mimicked the position she was just in.

"We'll see you later." Sabrina cooed while looking down on the baby. She gently pushed a strand of hair out of her eyes as she slept. Mena heaved a heavy sigh and both women smiled in response.

"Bean, we're going to sit down." Brittany announced while strolling past them. Sabrina nodded, not knowing what to say or whether the words would catch nervously in her throat. They had no interest in speaking to Keegan any further—that was clear. The room had cleared out significantly since their arrival. Sabrina could only guess they were going to discuss Keegan and Sabrina's relationship with each other.

When her family was out of earshot, Rochelle took a secure step forward.

"Sabrina, listen to me." She started, narrowing her eyes and whispering fiercely. "Their opinions don't meananything.You know why you love Keegan and that's all that matters. You can judge people yourself. You need to be able to handle this. " Sabrina silently agreed and Rochelle ran her hand down her bare arm.

"I am." Sabrina whispered confidently. "It's just that they're my blood—I guess that makes it harder for me to come to terms with how they treat people. I want to believe that they can be different."

"I know honey." She responded. "But when do you stop hoping and start making some choices?" Would Sabrina have to start making assessments in regard to her miniature family of 3? She couldn't picture herself finally succumbing to their harsh way of living nor could she see herself continuously coping with isolation when she made her own decisions. Both of which were her only two options if she wanted her family in her life as actively as they were now.

"I'm going to think about it." Keegan's heart dropped to the pit of his stomach. If she chose her family, she essentially wouldn't choose him. They'd be obligated to part ways and that didn't settle right with him. He felt like an asshole for wanting her to pick him over her sisters and mother, but he loved her too much to let her leave him so easily.

Rochelle smirked proudly, content with her friend's words.

After seeing her friend struggle with trying to find her place within the trio for so long, she was ready to finally see her choose what was best for her. If their friendship was put on the line in order for her to achieve it, then she was fine with that. Sabrina's personal happiness was worth more than hers.

"That sounds good to me." Rochelle bent forward to peck Sabrina sweetly on her cheek and didn't neglect her daughter either. "I love my girls." She sighed, glancing at them both with the smile of a conceited mother on her face.

"Shut up." Sabrina laughed while rolling her eyes. Rochelle joined in and a tiny piece of silence fell over them as she thought. She took a short breath and looked up at Keegan anxiously.

"I think I left my wallet on the front pew." Rochelle said, feeling around in her robe. Sabrina shifted Mena further onto her shoulder.

"I'll go get it." Sabrina said, knowing she wasn't allowed to walk back into the service room with her choir uniform on. It was a weird rule of the church, but like all the others, very important.

When Sabrina was out of earshot, Rochelle turned to Keegan.

"Know that she may choose her family over us, but I don't want to taint her decision because we want her in our lives. If you really love her as much as it seems you do, you'd want her to be happy with the decision she makes. She can always get another boyfriend or best friend, but her mother is irreplaceable. " Keegan was grounded by her words and stood left feeling vulnerable and raw. He swallowed hard before nodding in honest understanding.

He'd have to let her choose.

*

Keegan, Sabrina and Mena didn't sit next to Erica, Ivy and Brittany during the service. Instead, they sat in the back of the church at Sabrina's request. The last pew allowed her to feel a little more protected from the piercing scrutiny she knew would be inevitable.

She was honestly ready to leave but if Keegan hadn't convinced her that it was cowardly to do so, she would be home in bed waiting for Rochelle to come pick Mena up from her apartment.

Sabrina felt hollow, empty and completely confused. Her confusion stemmed from how much she differed from her siblings. Her sisters didn't even bat an eyelash at their mother's unnecessary iciness. They held no compassion toward Sabrina, Keegan or Rochelle. Instead they backed up her actions and detached Sabrina from her family once again.

Although Keegan wasn't concerned with her family at all. He was focused on Sabrina and the task of trying to calm her while she thought. He held a tight hold on Rochelle's earlier statement and realized that she was right. He was selfish for wanting Sabrina to pick a 6 month relationship over a 24 year one.

She held his hand the entire service while she used her other to hold Mena.

When the service was over, Sabrina instantly began to prepare herself for her mother's 2nd appearance. She frantically handed the baby to Keegan while she gathered Mena's things from under her seat. She zipped up the diaper bag and placed it on her lap. When she lifted her eyes, Erica was in her line of vision. She stood tall in the aisle of the pew in front of Sabrina.

"I'll call you later." She stated simply, not even recognizing Keegan. She didn't wait for a response, but turned on her heels and sashayed out of the service room. Sabrina gawked after her in complete astonishment.

*

"I'm not good enough for them." Sabrina sobbed. She sat on the edge of her bed with her body slumped forward and limp. Keegan sighed deeply.

"That's not true baby—let me take off your pants." He gently leaned her back onto her comforter. She stared at the only piece of ceiling she could see through her tears. Keegan unbuttoned her slacks and quickly slid them down her thighs, revealing cute granny panties.

"They look down on me because I don't live how they ask me to." Her tears fell harder and Keegan urgently shed himself of his pants and shirt. When he was down to his briefs, he peeled back the covers and slid beneath them. He grasped Sabrina's hips and urged her body toward his. He could feel her tears on his bare chest and he gently slid his hand up and down the length of her back.

"Can I say something?" He asked, after she'd settled down a bit. Sabrina coaxed him on with her silence, and only small hiccups filled the space. Keegan sighed and leaned his chin onto the top of her head.

"They love you." Sabrina chuckled stiffly.

"I can't remember the last time any of them said that to me." She pressed her cheek against his warm body; his heartbeat became a clear sound in her ear. "You were the second person to tell me that in 8 months." She admitted. Keegan already knew the first was Rochelle.

*

Sabrina wasn't surprised when Keegan was sitting on the edge of the bed, stirring her awake as he normal was. The room was dimly lit by the window behind them and she wondered how long she was asleep. He was dressed nicely in fitted black jeans and a deep green Henley tee. His hair was in a high, messy bun atop his head and he gazed down on her delicately with contrastingly tense grey eyes. Sabrina stared at him for a second, basking in how good looked.

A sweet aroma radiated off of him and she inhaled deeply.

"You smell nice." She whispered in a raspy voice. He cracked a tiny grin and snorted on a laugh.

"Thank you." He replied, running his hand over her hairline and down her crown. He slowly crept forward and aligned his lips with hers. Sabrina deepened the kiss by wrapping her forearm around his neck and pressing her breasts flush along his chest.

"Bri—" Keegan started against her lips. Sabrina's groan of displeasure cut him short. She broke their kiss and looked at him pleadingly.

"Please," She whispered with saddened eyes. "Just take care of me really quick and I'll get ready in 10 minutes." She smiled toward the end as he gave her a disbelieving look. Even she knew she was exaggerating a bit. There was no way in hell she could evenpreparefor a shower in 10 minutes.

"You'll have 30 minutes because our reservation is in 50." He told her sternly. Sabrina's smiled broadened as she crashed her lips back onto Keegan's.

Keegan slipped his tongue between her lips and gently caressed the insides of her burning mouth. He could feel the tiny ridges of her braces, and the texture excited him. Sabrina moaned pleasantly, momentarily lacing their kissing noises with the carnal sound. Keegan supported his weight above her with both hands while she buried hers into his scalp, soothingly massaging the follicles.

Keegan could feel the sheets brush against his lower half as Sabrina began grinding her legs together to relieve the heat growing in her pussy. Instinctively, Keegan used one hand to pull the obstruction from her bare thighs and replaced it with his palm.

Sabrina marveled in the feel of his coarse hand running across the surface of her recently shaved skin. He pulled her leg up toward his hip and skimmed its length until he reached her bottom. Once there, he squeezed and kneaded the flesh until he'd grown too turned on to continue second base. He ended their long kissing session and used both hands to shimmy down her panties. He looked into her eyes briefly and noted her look of anticipation; her big brown eyes were low and her lips parted.

Keegan ran his hands through her lightly curled mound gingerly before parting her full thighs to get a better view. He kissed down the extent of her thigh and over the lips of her pussy. She exhaled audibly when he dipped his tongue into her opening. Keegan looked up to see Sabrina had taken out her tits and began tweaking her hard nipples. Keegan swiped his fingers against her clit furiously.

Sabrina moaned loudly and elevated her hips instinctively. He slowed down; not wanting her to cum so quickly. He put his lips back to hers and sucked roughly onto her bud. After a few more seconds, she began panting out her cries of satisfaction. Keegan slipped his fingers into her hole and rotated them upwards, allowing the pads of his fingers to press against her spot. He hated to do that, but they didn't have time for the long teasing spiel.

"Ah," The little breathy word marked the start of her orgasm and the release of her vaginal muscles marked its conclusion. Keegan pulled his fingers from her grasping pussy and sucked off her juices as if it were honey that had casually dripped on his fingers. The act sent a shiver into her still quivering loins.

"God, you taste so good." He growled while bending down to kiss her exposed nipples. He then followed it with a peck on her lips. "Now go get dressed."

*

Sabrina and Keegan were walking hand in hand along the dark downtown streets. It was in the same area they shared their first date, first tattoos and first meeting. But instead of the crab place they'd went to, Sabrina suggested they try something different. So tonight Keegan was taking her to a Hibachi restaurant a few blocks away. He'd parked a bit of a distance from the eating place, but Sabrina promised she was fine with the walk. It was definitely crowded this Sunday evening, and they'd spend all night trying to find a decent spot to park. Sabrina successfully managed to get dressed in 25 minutes and Keegan's driving gave them 15 minutes to spare.