Choices Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

"Listen to me. You are no such thing. That man took advantage of you. He kept things from you and that wasn't right." Inhaling Edith continued, "Don't fault yourself for this, but what you do after learning the truth is on you."

April, stopped crying and contemplated what her mother told her. She had to make a decision, a choice. She loved Stephen and would forgive him for almost anything, but this was not something she could forgive.

"Momma," April whispered. "I know what I need to do." She then picked up the phone and dialed a number. Two hours later, all of her things had been moved back into her mother's home. She's returned the key to the apartment manager, and resolved to forget about a handsome man she loved named Stephen.

After April finished moving in with her mother, she asked Edith to sit. She had more news to tell her.

"Momma, I'm pregnant." April told her mother. She was strong and brave. She waited for the backlash. She knew she'd disappointed her Mother, but she was pregnant and that was a fact.

Upon hearing the news of the baby, Edith was pensive. She wasn't surprised, because she realized this could happened.

"Baby, you need to talk to him. He needs to know." She informed her daughter.

"Momma, I don't want to..." April inhaled. "He's a liar Momma and a cheater. I never want to talk to him again." She declared.

Edith stood and walked to her daughter. Taking both her hands, she spoke to her truthfully. "I hate what that bastard did. I truly do, but this baby didn't do anything to anyone and he is the father. You need to tell him April." Edith stopped. "He needs to know."

"Momma, will you sit with me when I contact him?" April asked nervously.

"Of course, I'm here for you, always." Edith promised her.

Stephen was in deep despair. His wife was gone. His girlfriend was finished with him. She only took her things. She didn't even take the gifts he'd bought her. She only took forty dollars from their bank account and he was certain that was just for gas.

Then his phone rang, April called. "Hello Stephen." She greeted him nervously. "We need to talk. When will you be back in town?" She asked.

Stephen had to fly back to the city in a few days and they arranged to have dinner. April would meet him at the Gianni's Restaurant.

Stephen arrived at Gianni's early to wait for her and then she walked in. She was beautiful and he knew he had to find a way to win her back.

April saw Stephen and her heart raced. He was still simply perfection, but he wasn't hers.

Stephen stood as she approached his table. "April, you're beautiful." He said pulling out her chair for her.

April didn't respond. She just looked at him. He was the man that was once her everything. But to him she was a silly little girl he could string along.

Stephen smiled. He was certain that he could win April back. He'd just use his charm and remind her that she loved him as much as he loved her.

April, baby, thank you for coming tonight. I want to tell you I'm sorry. I should have told you about my wife, but I didn't want to risk losing you, you see Terri and I are getting divorced." He explained.

"Stop, Stephen. Don't lie anymore. I have to tell you something important. I'm pregnant and I'm keeping the baby. You're welcomed to be a part of your child's life but If not then that's your loss."

April then retrieved her purse and stood, "Good bye Stephen."

"April, wait. Stop." He yelled as the other patrons began to stare.

The manager came out and Stephen hurried an exited the building stopping April before she got to her car.

"April, please wait." Stephen said. A part of him was excited, yet another part terrified. He was going to be a father. He was fucked. He'd now ruined the lives of four people and had to find a way to fix it.

"April, I want you to know that I take full responsibility for what I did. I mislead you and now have placed you in an awkward position. I promise I will be there for you and our child.

Maybe one day you'll forgive me and take me back. Then the three of us can be a real family-" Stephen started to say before April cut him off.

"Let's get this straight. I only told you about this baby because you had the right to know. I won't now, nor will I ever become involved with you again." April explained.

"We can coexist and raise our baby, but as for us being together, Hell NO!." Then she climbed into her car and drove away. She refused to cry. She would not let one tear drop fall, because the man she just drove away from wasn't worth it.

April eventually called Terri to apologize. Terri, told her there was no need. Stephen lied to both of them. Terri had no anger or animosity towards the girl. April was more of a victim than any of them. April even stood with Terri when she went to court to finalized her divorce from her philandering husband.

The two women would not become friends, but they did have respect for each other. Learning how Stephen had tricked the young girl made Terri even angrier with him. She was glad to be free of him. But she missed Tom.

It was unexplainable how much she missed him. But she told him to go and give her time. She knew he was hurt, but she never expected him to vanish.

Now she wondered if she even stood a chance. If given the opportunity, would Tom still want her. Well, it didn't matter now. He was thousands of miles away in Canada, and she'd blown the one chance she had a true happiness.

Terri was getting off of her new job when Stephen walked into the restaurant where she worked. At first she hated him, but over time she just felt sorry for him.

"Hey Terri. Tom's coming home. Momma got him to agree to come for Thanksgiving." Stephen hated himself for the pain he caused his brother. If he could help him and Terri get together, maybe that could make up for the hurt he caused.

Tom and Terri would be good together. And if anyone deserved to be happy, they did.

A few days later, Tom landed at the airport waiting to get his bags. Once he had them, he went outside to get a cab. He went to the Holiday Express that was close to his home. He got out and paid the cab, after securing a room he called his mother to let her know that he'd made it.

The phone rang, and Stephen answered. Stephen didn't live with his Mom, but he wanted to be there to greet his brother when he first arrived. He owed him an apology and he intended to deliver.

"Hello" Stephen answered.

"Stephen? It's me, Tom. I was calling to tell Mom I made it. Will you let her know?" Tom asked.

"Hey Tom, do you need a ride? I can pick you up." Stephen offered reaching for anyway to get his brother to want to be around him.

"No. I'm at the Holiday Express." Tom answered. "When will Mom be back?"

"She's shopping for Christmas. You know how Mom is around holidays." Stephen answered chuckling.

"Tell mom I called alright" Tom concluded.

He felt numb. All the way back, he wondered how he'd feel towards his older brother, but he didn't feel anything at all.

He decided to shower and change clothes maybe nap, before calling his mother back.

After his nap, Tom walked over to a local restaurant. The host showed him to his seat. Terri was walking over to her station to take orders when she saw him. She froze and for a moment, she forgot to breathe. He took her breath away; he was perfect.

Then he heard her voice, Terri. His throat froze and he couldn't speak.

"Tom, welcome home. I'm so glad you're back." She greeted him warmly.

Tom swallowed. She was even more beautiful than she was a year ago when he walked away. She was as Tom remembered her, tall, blond, and beautiful. All of his feelings rushed back to him. He became overwhelmed, and stood to leave the restaurant.

"Excuse me, I need to go." He whispered gruffly. She was here. She was the one woman he'd give his life for. He wasn't ready. She chose his brother. Even though they divorced, it didn't change the fact that she didn't choose him. He needed to breath, think, just...time. He needed time.

Terri was stunned. He'd changed. He was slimmer. He seemed so much more mature. And goodness he looked good. From the way the other women in the restaurant were staring at him, they noticed him as well. His usual low hair cut was gone replace by wavy dark brown locks that curled at the nape of his neck. Terri was transfixed at the sight of this man she wanted more than anything.

As Tom headed for the door, Terri wasn't about to let him walk out of her life again.

She followed him, "Tom, wait." She called.

Tom stopped, and turned to look at her. "I'm sorry."

Tom nodded and proceeded to walk away.

Although Stephen had told her he was coming home, Terri was at awe of seeing Tom after more than a year had passed.

Terri stood and watched him go as she whispered one word as tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks, "Tom".

When Tom got back to his room, he could not believe that the only woman he loved was still here. Then, all of those feeling for her came rushing back to him. He learned he'd missed several calls from his Mom. He quickly called her back and she told him to get to her house immediately. She needed to see her baby boy.

Tom called a cab, and went to visit with his mother. Patricia hugged her son so hard and so long. She was so worried when he left, but she could see that he was fine.

"Tom, welcome home." Mom said, "I'm so glad you're back. Tell us about Vancouver."

Tom sat for a moment and began to tell Mom about his time in Canada when Stephen walked in.

"Hey Tom, welcome home." Stephen greeted his brother.

"Well you two boys talk, while I make dinner." Patricia said leaving the two men to talk.

"Um, Tom I know I've said this over the phone, but I've got to tell you in person. I didn't mean that stuff I said that night. I was drunk, scared, and wanted to lash out. I'm sorry." He whispered.

"Stephen, it's alright." Tom whispered. "I understand."

The two men embraced and Stephen finally felt alright. He had mistreated the one person he could count on more than anything.

So, after getting their emotions in check, Tom said, "So, I have a niece, huh? When do I get to meet her?" Tom asked.

Stephen, grinning from ear to ear reached into his wallet and took out pictures of his baby girl. He was so proud and she was beautiful to him.

"Her name is Isis, and she's seven months old. I go see her when I can get to the city, but not as often as I like. April is a wonderful mother. Stephen droned on and on.

Despite the fact that he didn't want static, he had to say something, "What about Terri? She would have been..." Tom stopped speaking.

Stephen decided to just say what he was feeling. "Tom, I know you loved Terri. Hell, you probably are still in love with her. I hate myself for what I put you through."

"While you're home, call and talk to her Tom. Even if you don't get together at least you can find closure. But honestly, I hope you two can get together. I'd like to see you both happy for once." Stephen whispered. He was angry at first when he realized the truth about Tom and Terri.

But after Tom had been gone and he saw how much pain she was in, it hurt him. He caused all of it. He was a pompous arrogant fool, who thought he could have his cake and eat it too. He'd ruined their lives. He lost his wife, and his girlfriend, well ex-girlfriend, only tolerated his presence. And worst of all, he'd driven his brother away.

But Tom was back now, and he hoped he could get him to come back for good and stay.

Just then the doorbell rang. "Get the door boys!" Momma yelled from back.

Tom opened the door and standing on the doorstep she stood, Terri. His heart raced as he took in her beauty. He stared so long that someone clearing their throat broke him from his trance. Tom chuckled because next to Terri stood an old flame he'd never forget, Lottie.

I hope you enjoyed Chapter Three of "Choices". Chapter Four is in the process of being written. Please remember to vote and comment. I really would like to know what you think. Again, thanks Jim.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12