All Comments on 'Christmas Blessings'

by Daniellekitten

Sort by:
  • 223 Comments
Crazy_papaCrazy_papaabout 1 month ago

Shame on you, making me cry, just like I do every time I read this story. It has a wonderful theme, just enough romance, and a hope for good things in a relationship. I wish more writers would create such works of art! Thanks for a great story!

Steelyblue1213Steelyblue1213about 1 month ago

I love reading romance stories. I have never found true love. So I live my love life reading other people love lives.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Every single time! Your skill as a writer and a romantic is as awesome as your oeuvre.

Thank you for love, hope and the joy of life.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars. Dara has 4 children, now, and 2 new names-MOMMY and my beautiful WIFE!

Crazy_papaCrazy_papa6 months ago

Love the story!

FandeborisFandeboris6 months ago

This is one of the sweetest, happiest, lovingest stories to come down the pike in a long tine. Even Kendra wasn’t one to not say goodbye and not watch over her husband and children.

Without a doubt worth 5 stars.

ObalinObalin7 months ago

Damn onion ninjas.

Luckyguy1965Luckyguy19657 months ago

Amazing story thank you

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT12 months ago

A really really MOVING story. Enjoyed it immensely, even though the start of the baptism almost gave me pause .... but it was better when I returned the second and the third time to read it again :)

woodrangewoodrangeabout 1 year ago

Made the rivers flow

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That scene at the hospital was cruel.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a BEAUTIFUL story

olddave51olddave51about 1 year ago

This is my second reading. I lost my mom in my birth. Dad grieved for the rest of his life even when he remarried when I was 4. The emotion is very strong in this story it is still a 5 star.

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

You're evil. I cried like a baby when I thought he lose Dara, too. What kind of sadistic genius plays with a 62 year old mans emotions like that. Damn good story. I can't give it any more than five stars. You get ten from my heart.

Button1968Button1968over 1 year ago

Reading this story again, so I can't vote. So worth 10 stars.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[09.12.22]

Oh Myyy!

Everything a great story has, comedy, romance, the feels!

Love this part:

Little Meghan snuck a cookie of her own and around a mouthful, she asked, "Daddy, when we gonna degorate the twee?"

11/10!!!!!

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 1 year ago

(11/4/2022) I read this story over a year ago and is on my favorites list. It tore me up again. I wish I could vote for it again. Five stars again.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Beautiful love story, so emotional on many levels.

Have to read some of your other stories. Ard you still writing as cannot see anything posted since August 2021? Hope all is well?

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

What a beautiful love story. Superbly written. Thank you for sharing it with us.

ker63469ker63469over 1 year ago

Absolutely beautiful. You took my breath away when Dara lost consciousness after her delivery. Thought I knew what was going to happen. And the to find out she survived. You definitely know how to bring out my emotions. Superb!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Simply wonderful story. 10 stars are not close. The best gift the children could give, is kiss her and call her MOMMY. With that, MAMA BEAR would protect HER children, all four, for the rest of her life...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

wonderful story i loved it well writen i enjoyed reading it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow....Beautiful story...well written

tonyneatotonyneatoalmost 2 years ago

5 Stars. Beautiful Story. Thank You

other2other1other2other1almost 2 years ago

This was a beautiful tale

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really good concept and the initial chemistry was believable and cute. However, trying to push marriage on a woman who can't remember anything was way to quick, not to mention highly inappropriate. Bonding slowly would've made a lot more sense. His wife coming back to visit was sweet but the repetitive "my own" made it sound more like a fever dream. The kids were cute, concept reminded me of overboard. 3/5 for the rushed story.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 2 years ago

5 stars ++++. Tears in my eyes in the end. One of the best short stories I have ever read. Thank you.

NobleGent45NobleGent45about 2 years ago

Beautiful story beautifully written, Danielle, One of the very best I have read in here. It was very heave going and touched many of my own emotional experiences throughout my long life. However, I feel truly blessed to have experienced your amazing work! I must read more from your long list.

My warmest congratulations,

Martin

(NobleGent45) Martinj.oreilly@gmail.com

olddave51olddave51about 2 years ago

Great story good character development 5 stars. The intimate parts were just right.

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

This story came up in the suggested reading list yesterday. I didn’t remember the title so I decided to read it I started it as I was going to bed thinking I’d read till I was sleepy and put it away. But I quickly realized I had read it. So I set it aside and first thing this morning I read it again Two delightful hours as my eyes watered and my heart filled with warmth. I love your use of the spirit of Kendra to bridge the sea of doubts Carli/Dara and Nathan have. The grief that grasps me as I am worried while Dara is giving birth is so real even though I remembered the actual ending.

For the dumb naysayers complaining about nit picky details and the swiftness of their love or the lack of reality at kids who tire from exertion in the cold and snow, I say Baugh humbug! Write your own story if you have talent if not shut up and enjoy good story telling!

Such a brilliant writer. Thanks for this story. John

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BEAUTIFUL STORY!!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uover 2 years ago

Emotionally drained after reading this, the wants and doubts. And that ending, wow, like falling off a cliff to be raised up on wings. Excellent, 5 stars and favourite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Somebody got her Angel wings when the bell tinkled , a really enjoyable story , Definitely a five star thank you '

tlevanssrtlevanssrover 2 years ago

've read this a few times and still have tears in my eyes at the end. Loved it.

Sam23312Sam23312over 2 years ago

Try reading this with dry eyes!

Wonderfully written.

Thank you for this. It's a breath of fresh air in an otherwise painful category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A hospital chief of staff has an unconscious woman in his house all day and doesn’t think to check her head for bumps? Ice is a little too late.

The story was too perfect and unbelievable: daddy buying his little girl a pony, school aged children that still take naps, asking a woman you’ve only known for days to marry you & mother your children. Too much.

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

Awesome story. Great tension between the two. Your twist of an ending really shook me. The intrigue of Kendra’s spirit was a nice touch. I’m a sucker for sweet love stories. This was one of the best. Thanks for sharing with us. John.

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 2 years ago

(10/21/2021) This was a wonderful read. You made me cry; you made me smile. You made me remember the Christmases my wife and I had with our children so many years ago. Thank You.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 2 years ago

Great story. Started reading, but didn't realize it wasn't Loving Wives material. 10 stars. The Bear approves. I love great stories and really love happy endings. I can't count, as many will attest. But it deserved it. Thank you. I look forward to possibly reading more of your selections.

The BEAR

2cookies4u2cookies4uover 2 years ago

A very touching story! I really enjoyed your characters and how you built them. Wonderful!

nestorb30nestorb30almost 3 years ago

Great story, but my only real criticism is the near maternal death during delivery. A bit over the top for the storyline

RetiredsleeveRetiredsleeveabout 3 years ago

I almost started

Crying toward the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Gorgeous New Classic

Wonderful story that would make a fabulous film! Thank you so much for this beautiful new classic!!

TechumsahTechumsahabout 3 years ago

Had me crushed there for a minute. Great story with a twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Oh what a great story. It's so meaningful and romantic full of love. This is my first time reading it. I am sure there will be more to come. I wish that I can give you more than five star rating. Definitely worth the effort and the ratings. Five star 🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟.

Ali Singapore

Radmatt0352Radmatt0352about 3 years ago

I kind of have to echo the others about the ending. I almost dropped the tablet..... well played. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A beautiful story with love

Love does happen

God works in strange ways

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

Don’t do that to me! I almost had a heart attack at the end!

So glad they found each other.

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 4 years ago

you really had to shock me like that in the last bit of the story, didn't you...nearly had a heart attack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Glad I found it

This was truly a beautiful story; so full of love. I don't know what I would have done if that twist at the end of the story resulted in his second wife dying. Guess I'd have to get a new box of tissues. Great writing! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Rimmerdal Was Looking

For a specific story giving just a little bit of information with just a little bit of a description. I remembered this story from a while back, I passed this on, hope it's the one he was looking for. If not I can't imagine a better one in it's place. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A Great Story ! ! !

I wonder how or why you came to name the boy after me ?

You se, I am Kenneth James too !

KjY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice

The perfect Hallmark movie....though you'll have to turn down the lust/sex. :)

Seriously, if you are published on Amazon, have your agent make some calls.

Seriously, it could use a bit more humor, have Nathan realize how crazy the situation is: falling in love with a complete stranger...give him the attitude of "I KNOW this doesn't make any sense, but..." .

Also, to interject a bit of reality into a fantasy, have him call the police on his cell and send them a photo. It won't change the story...since her mother didn't know she was coming, there is no missing person report, but it makes the story seem a bit more real.

Likewise, a paragraph about her contacting her mom and wrapping things up in Texas would be nice.

Finally, I think Nathan gets a bit too forward too soon. Yes, I know he hasn't been with a woman for a year, but out of concern for n s kids, her likely keep her at arm's length for longer than a day (as it currently reads).I

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderful Story

Okay, my heart is still recovering from the little twist. This a NICELY written sweet story — Thank You for sharing!

Lori_the_HoosierLori_the_Hoosieralmost 5 years ago
Tender and touching

A lovely, heartwarming, uplifting, and hopeful tale, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Such a touching story

In my favorites. Again a beautiful and loving story.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 5 years ago
WOW, LOVED IT!!!!!

My wife of 44 yrs. was born on Christmas (Mary Christine) Merry Christmas. Neat eh. She was taken 3 yrs ago so Christmas has been very sad for me now. This story brings back very loving memories for me though. Very well written. Thank you so very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Beautiful. Story

Such a beautiful story and it is in my favorites. A blessing I'm n disguise he lost his wife but gained another with full approval from his deceased wife

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com 8g

Ramjet75Ramjet75almost 5 years ago
Truly a Beautiful Story

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Mojo648Mojo648over 5 years ago
Review.

Touching, amazing,sadness and love,

It was perfect, thankyou for sharing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well 5 stars as always

I've read this one my all time favorites and time or two or maybe eight, who knows. It's a great one to be sure...

SoCaliDudeSoCaliDudealmost 6 years ago
Beautiful story!

My all-time favorite!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
OMG I have read this story just a few times, hey 5 stars

I love it and the tears won't stop...I love you Author. Thank you so much.

Johnny

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
GOM

It's Christmas magic Scrooge. :)

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Dammitt

I feel like such a girl choking up over this. Great story though I have to note he moved at the speed of light with this relationship. I bet he's one son in law who gets treated like a king by his mother in law.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Should be a Hallmark movie.

Great story, the best I've read here. Thank you.

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgeralmost 7 years ago
l would

Give it 6 stars if l could

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 7 years ago
Incredible!

Christmas has always been a time of sorrow for me. Too many funerals as a child, too many broken hearts. This is such a beautiful and moving story of romance, passion and yes even faith. It makes me long for my own Christmas Miracle...

Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Just right

This was very well written short love story with just the right amount of pathos. My single criticism I one I have found in several of your tales. You need to keep track of your characters. Some of them seem to be mentioned and forgotten. In this case "Carlie's" mother. She was the entire reason for Dara's being in the circumstances she was in, yet She didn't come to the wedding or the baptism--curious? Also, why wouldn't the family keep calling Dara, "Carlie?" Enough critique. It was still a well written short story. I enjoy your work.

GoodOleMontananGoodOleMontananabout 7 years ago
Seriously?

In love an certain about marriage after knowing each other for what? Three whole days. I mean, seriously?

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
That "twist"

Lost you 2 stars. This was on track for a firewall 5. But that twist literally destroyed all the warm fuzzies the story had built until that moment. I was furious and ready to rip into you for that. Even though the ending wasn't as bad as first thought, none of the warm fuzzies were recovered so I didn't end this story feeling good for having read it. There was enough pain in this story already there was no reason for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow! I thought she had passed away and the family was at her funeral!

Amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Beautiful

I could only wish!

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 7 years ago
So Beautiful!

Such a beautiful, moving story for Christmas. It gives such hope and left me with tears of joy. Please keep writing, you have a wonderful gift!!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
Second reading

A very emotional story that has that is actually rather sad, but has a happy ending.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Good story

I like the story, although it is quite tragic as Christmas story, both the beginning and the end.

Nathan works in a hospital, Dara has a complicated delivery, and no one would think in a cesarean section to her?

The hysterectomy would not have been necessary if the doctor had been more involved in childbirth.

Anyway, 5* for you.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Enchanting

You are a remarkable author. What an inspiring story. Well written with wonderful characters well developed for a short tale. May you get not what you deserve but your fondest wish!

Sailor1XSailor1Xover 8 years ago
An inspiring tale of devotion and love and renewal

Exceedingly well crafted, this tale has the earmarks of the classics, an example of fine literature with the power to encourage each of us to be the best we can be, and with confidence work towards and hope for a better tomorrow. Thank you for your creative genius.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Believable and beautiful

Thank you for this story. It is both believable and beautiful, as well as being a moving plot. I am not often emotional when reading, but this moved me. Please keep up the great work!

maxx308maxx308over 8 years ago
Such a beautiful story

Just found your stories and a very talented writer. I will be busy for a while reading all you have written.

Merry Christmas

Harry_KumarHarry_Kumarover 8 years ago
Great story

A beautiful story, and just right for Christmas Eve.

dylan954dylan954over 8 years ago
Wonderful story.

Re-read for Christmas, still one of the best stories I have read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

This is my second reading of this storie I liked just as much as the first Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great

Only thing I can say is Awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
loved it!

thank you 4 a heart warming read!

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 8 years ago
what a great stort

I will have to remember to read this 1 at Christmas Eve. I lost my wife going on 5 yrs.. ago and our life together started on Dec. 22nd hers was gone to short for me. this will bring back very good memories for me.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
a timely re-read

and as good if not better than before.

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
A touch of Heaven...from the heart...and the peace of LOVE!!!!!

Sure touched my heart!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it

What can I add?

Thank you

archer85archer85over 8 years ago
Heartwarming

Beautiful story but I agree with so many others, the baby should have been a girl named carli.

Tuzolto54Tuzolto54over 8 years ago
Fourth time,

I have read this story four times now, it is my favorite. Thanks for giving it to all of us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
None better

NONE better.

Thank you,

Chuck

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
one of my favorites

One of my favorite stories. 5 stars plus.

A true love story.I can tell there was so much feeling put into writing this story.

Is there a sequil in the works if not there should be.

Ron. Texas. cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
TRUE LOVE

A GREAT LOVE STORY. TO HAVE TWO WOMEN THAT YOU LOVE AND THEY LOVE YOU WITH ALL THERE HEART . SUCH A LOVING FEELING STORY. 5 STAES PLUS.

RON TEXAS COWBOYRIDECC@YAHOO.COM

shadowdustershadowdusterover 9 years ago
Wonderful story

I was so sure he was going to lose Dara lie he had lost his first wife. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
cycling

Just ad good when read second time around.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDaniellekitten@Daniellekitten
4090 Followers
Hey: I'm sorry about chapter two of Captive Angel being posted before chapter one. There was a paragraph or two that needed editing and I turned it back in to those who run this place. It should be out soon. Also. If there are any of my books you would like reported just tell...

SIMILAR Stories