All Comments on 'Coming of Age'

by randibyrnes

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 9 years ago
Age is just a number

When two people love one another, the difference in their ages doesn't really matter, does it?

Good luck in the contest.

fighterpilotB4fighterpilotB4about 9 years ago
Awesome

This story was well written with great dialog and great expectations. I can relate so very well from the male side. Now I will read all of your other stories with great anticipation. Well done.

ramonbrookramonbrookabout 9 years ago
Yea ...

Age is just a number .... I'm a believer that love comes in many colors and who is to judge what is right or wrong? NOT ME!

Loved the story and hope we hear more about Julia and Greg!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Spell check a tool not the entire answer

It bugs me when people just blindly follow spell check as you obviously did. just because a word is spelled write it doesn't make it the write word . ( see what I mean ?) . Your sentence below is a prime example . He "some" into the room ? WTF does that mean? Then the sentence was missing "it" . maybe : he knelt beside me and IT had a calming effect.

" I didn't hear Greg some into the room, but he knelt beside me and had a calming effect."

Get an editor or read it over, leave it alone for a while then come back and read it a second tyme.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Life imitates art

I am a late 50's man who just began a relationship with a beautiful, sexy woman in her early 30's. We are both teachers. We are off to a wonderful, passionate start and are planning a future together. Keep writing! You never know -- it might come true! One minor grammar point: "Led" (rhymes with "wed") is the past tense of "lead" (rhymes with "weed"). "Lead" (rhymes with "wed") is element number 82 on the periodic table.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story

Its been a while that I have read a story that flows so smoothly and has a real life kind of description. Not once did I feel that it was a piece of fiction ( is it fiction ?) And yes, I will definitely read your stories. Just keep them coming

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Really loved it.

I've met some Italian/Irish. What's "worse" are the Mexican/Italians. Passion with out reserve. Great story. A good feel of people, not 2d characters, full people with strengths and weaknesses. We are where we came from. Thanks

kiwiloverkiwiloverabout 9 years ago
Lovely

Thank you - a really good read.

A good build-up and great sex.

For me, the story did not flow quite as well as it might though I realise I am at odds with other commenters. His daughter was insufficiently characterised for her to have such a big role, IMHO - a couple more paragraphs for her might have made all the difference.

I didn't notice the spelling issues and given that I'm a total nut for that sort of thing, it speaks well of the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
fine about your cooking

Nice, randi. I agree w all the good stuff folks wrote, and I don't need to nitpick your spelling. My best to Susan. H

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
the daughter has issues

and they won't go away because of the "talk"

tabbymidnitetabbymidniteabout 9 years ago
pleasurable and arousing

Thank you so enjoyed this. Your very good with details. I look forward to ore of your works...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Timeframe Would Help

Good story that could be expanded if you choose to do so. A timeframe of age difference between your main characters, or when this encounter took place would help a readers perspective. If this is written to be a current event (eg 2019} the male character in your story would be in his late 60’s at best, since all combat troops were withdrawn from Vietnam in early 1973, and the final departure in April of 1975 with the fall of Saigon. Maybe I’m making more of this than necessary but for some of us it would help a lot. Keep writing, you have talent and the story was certainly an enjoyable read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrandibyrnes@randibyrnes
107 Followers
Thank you for the comments, hope to submit more often in the coming months. Sorry, I don't send out pictures. Thanks for reading and voting. Randi