All Comments on 'Commencement'

by Penelope Street

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
sacksackover 18 years ago
has its moments....

The sex description was a little clinical for me, and the whole story suffers from a distinct lack of passion. Your style has always been "intellectual" and now it has become too rarified, with humdrum characters/endless conversation. I prefer the simplicity and humanity of "Dancing With The Bride" which is definitely your masterpiece. This story doesn't have the appeal of your earlier creations, and reads like "work" rather than the spontaneous natural tone you are eminently capable of. A disappointment!

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
Sweet

What a sweet story.

Very well told and your rich language describes the actions and emotions very well.

Sigh. I wish I had a woman who had taught me the same things the same way.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Definitely not a disappointment!

Clinical? Intellectual? By Honja and Joyota what the chickens was this Sack thing from USA thinking.

Please Penny please write more in the same vein.

Masterful control of language. The best on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Penny you are a delight........

I anxiously await your next erotic trip. When I see a Penny Story, it becomes priority. This one was as thrilling to me as your first. Each one shows originality and holds me to the end. It would be so difficult to pick one as a favorite. But if I were pressed I would have a hard time picking between My Once and Future Kin and Scents of Heaven. Love you doll, Dave aka SliperyRox

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderfully Romantic

Penny,

Very original characters engaged in a very believable relationship. Nice set up to a very exciting finish. Keep up the good work.

Sack is a bit harsh in his/her criticism. You can't please them all.....and you shouldn't feel as if you must. However, I do agree that "Dancing with the bride" is truly a masterpiece!

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wonderful handling of Innocence & Experience

What distinguishes the truly erotic is setting, character, dramatic tension, and most particularly, vocabulary. Ms. Street does not resort to the same hackneyed terms and crass descriptions that cause so much supposedly erotic literature to be merely banal and boring. Her graceful use of unique characterization, atypical description and thoughtful dialog enhances the sexual to make it truly sensual.

Dancewithme2Dancewithme2over 13 years ago
Just Beautiful

One of the most erotic and endearing stories I have ever read.

Masterfully prepared by a knowing heart. Thank you Ms. Penelope.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Must be True

Beautifully written and wistful piece. For those of us who lost our virginity to an older women, many aspects of this story ring true. I'm sure that time has embellished the author's memories of youthful first encounters. The final few paragraphs were incredibly moving. My 'teacher' passed away some years ago - my sense of loss (and memories of bliss) all came flooding back. Thank you.

lowkeyonelowkeyoneover 8 years ago
WOW

Another great story. THANK YOU.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous