All Comments on 'Confession of Adultery'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 228 Comments (Page 3)
Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

This yarn failed to keep me interested so my attention fizzled out before the end of page 2. The characters are either perfect heroes or sinister villains. Nor was it very erotic. Half way through I took a break to read an article on Eurozone interest rates, it was that boring. 2 stars, but thanks for trying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't see a woman like Colleen doing what she did and also not being severely guilty by it after she thr first time. Find that highly unlikely. Even moving past that and accepting that she has an addiction to bring dominated (like hubby would have no clue of that whatsoever after so many years), I also find it unlikely that an Episcopalian minister would not find a way (over time and with counseling with his wife and therapy for himself) to not find a way to forgive his wife her one short term affair. Yes devastating but there is something called the New Testament. He is supposed to live that Scripture and not only be Old Testament.

gasperguy69gasperguy69over 1 year ago

I feel it's unfinished. There is an overhanging cloud needing to be addressed. Instead, the story just ends. Like a novel that's missing its last chapter.

gasperguy69gasperguy69over 1 year ago

I feel it's unfinished. There is an overhanging cloud needing to be addressed. Instead, the story just ends. Like a novel that's missing its last chapter.

CDRLawCDRLawover 1 year ago

OK I guess. Some nice touches but so many cliches: ex-marine sniper, charity worker, wife so guilty. Try something new.

RileyKingRileyKingover 1 year ago

Loved it but not the ending. Carter needs more punishment. Colleen also needs to suffer more. Max needs to find someone better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

good story spoilt by a weak ending, carter gets away with very little damage, the wife, did he love her as much as he said?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Actually well written, except that Colleen is almost laughably stupid. Or rather: She seems stupid when you let the story play out.

Would a person who knows that her spouse is a super sniper with a penchant for revenge (at least in earlier days) actually be that stupid to cheat?

Even leaving that aside, her actions suggest a massive lack of common sense - without which this story would not work...

Dialogs good (plot-related stupidity aside), Prestons charakter was an nice touch. usually you got "cheater1", 2cheater2" and "cheated" on 1 and 2.

Plot... unfortunately has gaps due to Colleen's cringeworthy behavior.

I guess in the end that is partly also responsible for the "unfinished" feeling this story has

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It was a decent ending. Like in real life, there were more questions than answers. There always are. Many writers on this site write a formulaic BTB story, much like the cuck writers seem to have an invisible checklist. Ironically, the BTB crowd howls for the same story, much like the cuck fans do. The Roman games were like that-- draw your own conclusions. That's because both groups are some messed up people. A story that doesn't follow their strict guidelines is downvoted. So, we end up with the same crap every time. This wasn't, and the fools hate it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love your stories but the endings leave me wanting. There’s no closure, just open ended nothingness. LM

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

God works in mysterious ways.

Harryin VAHarryin VA11 months ago

HERE IS ANSWER TO THIS

"That's the worst part of all, Preston. I think God has abandoned me and I've lost my faith in Him. When I realized what was going on with Colleen, I tried to turn to Him for help or at least consolation, but I got nothing. Where was He when I really needed Him?"

There is No god. Never was. never can be

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

After engaging in all sorts of sale, Massachusetts gang sex with Carter Hanson and his other people around him and destroying her marriage and knowing what she is done..... The wife actually asks this

But, why?" she protested. "You said you forgave me."

.

Why is this authors stories always so pathetically stupid?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

For Harry…

When Albert Einstein realized his theory of General Relativity proved the existence of God he and most of science spent decades trying to disprove his own theory. Einstein was an agnostic. When the smartest minds in history could not disprove his theory he spent his latter years walking the grounds of Princeton discussing epistemology with his religion professor friends.

You are welcome to your beliefs but when you voice them you just show your ignorance…you know, unless you’re smarter then Einstein, et. al.

Have a great day.

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

I liked it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

we are all allowed our beliefs .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Now I see why Harryin VA is such a wretched, desolate human being.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Actually, if God does exist it is said that after Adam sinned God is waiting for man to prove he cannot govern himself. When he finally proves he cannot govern himself, God will take back his rulership. That is why today it is said there is no God if he can allow what is happening on the earth today. In fact if that is correct, those that believe, await his return via Jesus taking the lead. Interesting idea based on fact or in the case scriptural evidence.

Harrison was a typical 'Alpha' male if there is ever such a thing, that had no scruples on the purity of marriage and thought he could do what he wants with anyone he wanted to. One day he will get what he deserves. It has just not got to him yet. Personally, I would have also put a bullet in his car engine so he could see the mess that gun can make. That would have stopped him speeding out of there. I am glad Colleen was given the shove, she deserved no less, but could have got a lot more. She got away lightly.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt6 months ago

Excellent story and flow; however, Carter got off way too easy!! Something like castration and penile removal would have been appropriate!! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Easily your worst! Never thought you would go the "cheating WHORE wife Apologist" route! Very sad Cuck Shit story!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

Guess Marge Terrel is God's messenger. Too long but good.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Drivel. The confession doesn't work for sins about to be committed. I'm utterly sick of the alien sex ray trope, it's lazy and exists only because the writer is incapable of writing a credible descent into depravity. The idea that an inexperienced woman in such a social position would go from 0-100 is absurd. No way would she have been up for anal sex with such little prep and so soon into a relationship, unless perhaps he had a small bordering on micro penis and if that was the case the only enjoyment she'd be getting was from the illicit thrill.

As for the MC not forgiving her and allowing her to stay and build back his faith in her trust. He's a fkn priest, if they can't then who could, and if he can't then he really shouldn't be a priest. Because to forgive one's sins is paramount to being priestly.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Writers with no understanding of faith, hope, grace, forgiveness and restoration should write about spiritual things.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

I feel like I've read too much LW fiction in the last month or so because honestly I just rolled my eyes at Carters "seduction" of Colleen. People joke about the "Martian Slut Ray" but here it basically is in full force. Everything else was very ordinary and I think it's only the ending that saved this story from being a 2, bumping it up to a 3 for me.

ViolentKnightViolentKnightabout 2 months ago

Religious men truly are the dumbest when it comes to women and relationships, followed closely by military men and introverts. Father Mac was a combination of both. Love blinds these fools like no other. They can never prevent infidelity because their very weak nature makes them repeatedly overlook red flags in women's behavior and rely on their wives for comfort and safety instead of being their safe place. Being cuckolded isn't just more likely, but inevitable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

ViolentKnight, I doubt the Internet would ever believe some know-it-all who gripes on servicemen, religious good men, or even introverts having faithful wives on a website with equally delusional plot point stories and writers. And you're probably here because even you couldn't maintain your SO's fidelity.

strawboystrawboyabout 1 month ago

Reporter in Afghanistan to US sniper: What do you feel when kill a terrorist? Sniper: Recoil.

Padre should have finished him.

ViolentKnight = troll.

desecrationdesecration9 days ago

VK, I have my doubts about the foreign religion of Christianity, but I think religion is a good thing. Something magic made this wonderful world and even though humans screw it up there is a chance to see the beauty within. Maybe my gods are ancient, but the feeling is the same no matter what gods you worship. What I like about this story is that it makes it clear what forgiveness is, and also, that self-preservation comes first. Also that people underestimate the power of mundane miracles and the goodness of certain ordinary people with good hearts even if they labor unnoticed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous