All Comments on 'Conqueror's Rise'

by Kansascript

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Hmm

I rather liked it, except for two things, 1. The messing of two entities talking, the humans and the ship (dunno if it is the ship talking but just a guess on my end), 2. It whole bolding, italisizing, and capitalization the words, yes i know at some times it is needed, but i say just stick to capitalizing, snags the eye but not to much that the reader keeps looking back to it. Must say though, this seems like it could evolve into a lengthy, if not novel classified, story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Interesting beginning

I'm looking forward to read where you go from here - this certainly is a good basis for an epic tale. That said, there were a few things that irritate when reading this story:

1. Avoid abbreviations like hrs, min, tech.

2. Small numbers (at least one, two and three) should usually be spelled out.

3. Like the previous comment said, use only one of boldface/capitals/italics at a time, as that is quite sufficient to emphasize text. I'd suggest capitals for shouting, italics for thoughts, boldface for general emphasis.

4. Watch your punctuation: If you'd make a small pause when speaking, or if there is a break in context, a comma is in order.

5. In the dialogues, it is not always obvious to the reader who is speaking, especially when more than two persons are involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
good premise

I enjoyed the idea of your story, but the style of your writing leaves much to be desired. Keep trying!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

More please.

TIGERWOLFSTORMTIGERWOLFSTORMabout 3 years ago

please keep going with this story . don't let it die now

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKansascript@Kansascript
While I am very capable to come up with stories and story lines I get bored fast enough with things that getting them posted might take awhile. sorry ahead of time about that. I am in the process of having the chapters of "Forward to the Stars" looked at by a editor ...