Crossing Moon Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She quickly became frustrated, splashing more and more water to the bite mark as if that action alone could erase what she had done. What she had regretted the most...

She had mated, not because of love... but because...

Sigh.

Still, Samuel did not deserve this, however justified she might have thought her reasons were, so she promised to herself to be a better mate from now on.

Tears were rolling down her cheeks now, threatening herself to lose control and break into fits of sobs. She quickly splashed water to her face. "Stop it!" she chastised herself, "You wanted this! So don't cry!!"

It would do her no good if Samuel wakes up and hear her cries. Not when he's in such a good mood. Oh, she could feel it. Their bonded souls connected to a level where she could feel how ecstatic he was but she wasn't feeling the same way so she worked hard to feel happy.

She didn't want him to feel upset or worse, sad with her.

No. Samuel was far too kind and too loving to her to be crushed. She needed to grow up now and most importantly, she needed to fall out of love from Alven. She owed that to him – her mate, Samuel.

***

Samuel could feel his mate snuggling close to him. His eyes were closed shut but he was wide awake. "Carrie..." he whispered.

"Hmm..." she asked back.

"You bit me..." he said, she could hear the satisfaction in his voice.

She snuggled close to his chest, her lips twitched to a wan smile, "I'm feeling a bit cold," she said, gathering the duvet closer to her. He held her closer to him, hugging her tightly, giving her his warmth.

"Toasty warm?" he asked.

"Yes, thanks..." she murmured. She closed her eyes and tried to fall back to sleep.

"Carrie..." he called her softly, gently caressing her skin with his free hand.
"Hmm..." she said, her eyes still closed shut.

"Why did you do it?" he asked her.

"I'm sorry for hurting you," she said, snuggling close to him, "I promise I will learn to love you, more than ever..." more than ever, she repeated in her mind, her tone became sadder, more than I've ever loved you, Alven...

He didn't say anything to her but he just held her close. He knew that what he had planned and what had been set in motion would probably hurt her more but in time, she'd see.

She'd know that changes were crucial in a wolf's survival...

She'd understand.

She had to.

***

How many days had it been? Alven wondered to himself idly, half aware that his sister was restless. She seemed to be unable to sit at one place for quite a long time. She had sat at an armchair at the living room corner and then moved to stare at the floor-length window, just watching the other low ranks prowling and doing their daily activities. Then, she walked around the room, sending out signals of her being so restless.

"This is stupid!" she cried out, panting, and then slid down on the floor, "the marking is trying to overcome me!"

"Perhaps..." Alven said, "But have you ever wondered that maybe you secretly wanted this? That might helped fuelled your desires..."

Aveline frowned, "You. Are. Insane," she stated word by word, clearly not amused with his revelation.

"It is still possible," Alven said dryly.

Aveline held her tongue; she felt it was simply pointless to argue more with her brother, so instead, she sat down on an armchair just a few steps away to him.

The two siblings remained coated in silence for a few moment, both lost with words. Alven was about to say something, a line of apology but his sister looked up to him and said, "I wanted to experience life outside the pack..." her voice sounded so sad, "that was why we decided to go to the school in the first place."

"I'm sorry, Avvie." he said regretfully.

"There's nothing to be sorry about," she paused, "everything happens for a good reason, I suppose, aren't they all are?" she tried to sound positive but she was sad with how things had revolved. "First, Carrie had to go and decide to mate and then, this. I had been forced into a Marking which I hadn't even wanted in the first place... I'm still too young to mate..."

"We can always pack our bags and leave..." Alven suggested.

"That does sound tempting, Alven but I can't just run from my problems," she said, shaking her head, "I need to face them."

"Facing them means you'd have to complete the bond with the guy." Alven paused, "Are you aware of that, Avvie?"

Aveline nodded, "I always know all along that I need to face my own problems, it's just that, sometimes, there's still a part of me that doesn't want to face it," she turned to him, "oh, Alven, maybe...maybe I am a coward."

"We all are, in face of something that's new and uncertain but we also have courage, we need to remember that." Alven replied, hoping that his words would soothe the storm in his sister's heart.

Aveline sighed. "I just can't look at him in the eyes..."

Alven was tempted to ask her why but he didn't ponder on, instead he stood up and said brightly, "Let's just phase and run..."

She smiled faintly, "now?" but she stood up anyway, her gaze fell to the window. She could see the sun. It looked so warm.

So safe

And definitely, free.

So she gave a little chuckle, "I guess I can face Max later."

Alven felt sad abruptly, despite of the cheery facade that his sister was wearing on her beautiful face, "I know you love him and yet, you chose to stand on your own values and beliefs..." he paused, "I think it's really mature of you, Avvie."

Aveline smiled widely – to be called and recognized mature by Alven was something that she rarely ever heard or even think that she'd live the day to even see the potential of him saying that, she hugged him tightly, "Thank you, Alven..." her eyes closed tight and for once, she felt calm.

***

A beautiful black wolf rested on its paw. Its back was streaked with silvery lines, with a hint of red in it. Vex approached the wolf in his dark brown form but then he phased into his human form and then knelt down near to the wolf. He patted the wolf gently on its paw. The wolf looked at him.

"My Queen..." Vex started but the wolf abruptly slashed its paw on his face, fresh red blood flow down on his cheeks and even then, the cut started to heal. Vex realized his mistake and quickly took a step back.

The wolf then phased to its human form. "Do not ever address me as Queen, Vex," she said bitterly, "I am no longer the Alpha Queen of the Black Wolves..." her voice was sour and full of anger.

"Forgive me, Merdienne..." Vex said.

"I am just Merdienne and nothing more, I have nothing in this world that's worth keeping," she said, pausing, "My mate and my children are all dead under the hands of Jerry Thorn!"

"And James Ruben, Merdienne?" Vex offered.

Her eyes blazed, "Indeed!" she said angrily, her voice was filled with sadness and yet it was full of rage.

"Samuel will have their heads on a silver plate for you, Merdienne," he told her.

"I do not trust him," Merdienne said, she looked at him, "I only have you, Raga and a few number of us but we are strong..."

"Samuel only wants to be the top of the pack, Merdienne," Vex said again, "He is a good ally for us..."

"He can have what he wants," Merdienne told him, her beautiful red curly hair flow down on her shoulders, covering her naked breasts, "I only want what is rightfully mine..."

"Blood?"

"Yes, Vex," Merdienne looked up at the moon, "We are stranded now but with the moon's blessing, we will triumph, and I will be satisfied when I see their offspring's blood on my hands."

"And you shall, Merdienne, and our pack will once again be valued and flourish..." Vex said eagerly.

"Where is Raga? I have sent word for him to meet me." Merdienne asked him.

"He is on his way, Merdienne," Vex paused, "The Alpha Thorn's offspring mated with Samuel, is she still -,"

Merdienne cut his words off mid-sentence, "I do not care, as long as they are the descendants of the Ruben and Thorn pack, I will have my retribution..."

"And what about Samuel? Forgive me, for asking this Merdienne, but that girl is, without a doubt, his mate."

"He does not love her," Merdienne told him, "He has assured me of his plan a long time ago, and even if he does ever fall in love for her, I will not have mercy for their fathers did not have mercy on mine..."

Merdienne then phased back to her wolf form and then sprinted away, and Vex knew right away that the meeting was over. He needed to go back and inform the rest of his pack soon enough and then he'd go and tell Samuel but he'll leave out the part where Merdienne Angela Blackesta would kill and have her revenge no matter what.

He'd edit and clean up some words for sure and besides, his Queen had stated that Samuel was not to be trusted and how could she?

Jerry Thorn had gained their trust but he betrayed them by leading them to the pack's deaths and all those promises were just nothing but lies to gain their attention.

They might think that they've destroyed the Black Wolves, oh yes, they were on the brink of extinction but their Queen had saved a number of them. Those whom she could manage to save and protect in such a short scarce time.

He was in debt with her. He was still alive because of her and for that, he will work hard to appease her. Oh, his Queen shall have her vengeance with blood.

And now, he had to meet someone in his mind: Adrian Thorn and his rebellious son, Max.

***

TO BE CONTINUED...

***

12