All Comments on 'Damaged Property'

by deadeye_76

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
absolutely great writing!

What a great story, loved it.

mcollectmcollectover 9 years ago
Best thing have read on this site

Great writing couldn't stop reading for a second. Too bad I couldn't give it more than 5*

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 9 years ago
Good But Lacking

A well written story but the asshole is just too much of an asshole and the poor in love Jen is just too damn sweet. John is a character you just love to hate and I did. He really needed a good ole ass whippin'! 'Nuff said.

HamsterHamsterover 9 years ago
Not a Bad Story

This started a little slow and I considered moving on as it seemed to be just another angry fuck story. But I am glad I kept at it for another page. I got a good read for my trouble. This had the right amount of sex, the right amount angst and it moved from the bad to the better. By the end we knew enough about John and his history to be pretty certain that he would rediscover himself. A good thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This story should deb called "Candice"...

I enjoyed parts of this story, but my favorite parts included little Candice. I was in many ways like John until 8 months ago when I decided that I was done being an asshole and started trying to make a better and happier life for myself. Through all of my drunken and sex filled nights, my family grew to hate my ways and give me a load of shit. It took one of my nieces asking me why her mother and the rest of the family had so much dislike for me while she and her siblings and cousins were so crazy about me to realize no matter how much the kids loved me they were hurt that others were always mad at me. I changed at that point because I didn't want to disappoint her, my own Little Candice.

Thank god for children and there unconditional love.

john1946john1946over 9 years ago
had to be a 5.

He was a real ass, she was sicky sweet, but the little girl Candace made up for it. It certainly brought back some unpleasant memories for me. And a good story should evoke an emotion. Like others, I almost quit early on, but I'm glad didn't. Well done.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
It shows there is hope for even the least of us

Depending on your philosophy, the stars aligned, Candice came back to save her lost brother, or by believing in his inner good Jen awakened the absent 'Protector of the Downtrodden'. Which ever ism you subscribe to, "Maybe there was hope for the two of us yet!"

warm fuzzies abound. can I hear an "aw shucks" please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice story

Very well written. Just one thing though and if you could correct it. A drugged woman waking up just after few hours and could think serious things to talk about. Sounds little unbelievable. If she was so much drugged I don't think she would have woken up even in the next day evening. BTW 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well-developed sense of angst

Like others, I'm glad that I kept reading. However, get someone to check your work before you submit - Carole's husband's name kept changing, which was rather distracting. Were you thinking of naming him after Robert the Bruce, perhaps?

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Worked out

Nicely worked story. I thought at one point when Jen didn't disclose where she lived, and his boss mentioned lining up counselling, that she was just trying to trick him into getting help. Delighted it all worked out so well. Love the way you wrote little Candice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
@ anonymous

just....wow....perhaps you are the one who should quit posting. I enjoyed this story and perhaps it wasn't the most romantic thing ever but I could empathize with the characters which is more than i can say for you.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 9 years ago
5 star

Really good tearjerker, good characters, believable gritty gut reactions to tragic loss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well Done

Very well written, indeed. Nice to know that someone still believes in second chances.

Hotfoot2Hotfoot2almost 8 years ago
Negative comments be damned....

...They are the toad conversing about the meadowlark. This was spectacular. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What Can I Say

I do realize I'm being to sound like a broken record here, but again, the ending was just too abrupt to suit me. I mean, the story section is Romance, but it seemed to me like the "romance" was barely getting started when the story ended. Oh well, what the hell. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Had enough

Of the angry asshole by the time he told the stripper to fuck off.

So unlikeable it was really irrelevant how the story turned out.

Not worth reading

TrollTureTrollTureover 5 years ago
Good

Good story, thank god that he changed! I loved the little girl! But she was a bit too mature for a one year old.

Author seemed to forget Carole's hubby's name, though.

cybojicybojialmost 5 years ago
This

Is a warm story based on some tragic events. Absolutely loved it. 5

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Great story of loss love, anger and new love. The story line was excellent, but at the end an Epilogue would of been nice with a happily ever after for John and Jen. At any rate it is a 5 star story

chairfanchairfanalmost 3 years ago

Nice, wish there was a short epilogue though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A thoughtful journey through loss and anger to a much better place, showing the value of true friends and family.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 2 years ago
A really good story!

Enjoyed the journey!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

John was a piece of trash, trailer park trash

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Crap ending!!

RtyuhgfRtyuhgf9 months ago

brilliant story, truncated ending

olddave51olddave515 months ago

I wish this story had more parts it begs for it!

John has changed the the reader deserves to see it! Please come back to this story and finish it

Who is the god mother? Jan?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdeadeye_76@deadeye_76
1701 Followers
You can ask me anything... I don't have to answer, but I usually will. I love the stories and the exchanges on here. Any suggestions to my stories are welcome. I'll listen to anything, even dribble since the delete button is so handy. I'm in my 60s now, stay in shape with biki...

SIMILAR Stories