Dandelion Wishes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LilMami07
LilMami07
404 Followers

Trey heard someone knock on his passenger side window. He looked up and saw Quan. He unlocked the door and got in.

"I fucked up man. I really fucked up this time."

"You did the right thing, Trey. I just wish you had done it from the start." Quan studied Trey. His eyes were rimmed with red. Like he had been crying. Any other time he would have teased the hell out of him.Crying is for pussies and babiesTrey would always say. But this was different.

"Maybe I made the wrong decision, man" he sniffed. "I mean, you should have seen her. She cried so much and there was nothing I could do to stop it."

"Avery's a good girl man. So is April. You always get the good ones, but you always find a way to fuck it up." Trey looked at him saddened. "What man? It's time to be real." Trey nodded, and he turned to stare out the windshield as the rain pounded down.

"But was April worth it? I love her. With all of my heart. But we have our ups and downs. Downs more than anything. I just feel like I can be myself with Avery. With April, I have to be this different guy. This serious dude who's serious about planning a future and shit. I just wanna have fun. Live in the moment. I can do that with Avery."

"Well man. It's up to her. But first thing's first. You need to call April."

************************

Tamara knocked on the door and waited for what felt like forever. Nothing. She'd been standing outside of Avery's door for at least 5 minutes. She knew Avery was home. She decided to search for the backup key Avery had stashed. She found it and quickly went in. She called out for her. No answer. She walked through the small dark apartment and saw that the light coming from the bathroom. As she walked in, she saw Avery's wet clothes lying in a pile on the floor. She turned and saw something in the shower. She was curled up in a sitting ball with her face tucked into her chest as the water assaulted her body. Tamara softly called out to her, but she wouldn't answer. She slowly walked over to the steaming shower and opened the glass door. Avery remained in her sitting position. Tamara turned the knobs on the shower, and shut it off. She watched as the water dripped off Avery in a pinkish tint. Not this. She quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped Avery in it. "Come on babe. Let's go" she said softly while trying to fight back tears.

Avery stood on weak legs as Tamara ushered her out of the shower. "I wanna be the one he loves, Tamara" she whimpered.

"I know Avery. I know. He doesn't deserve you though, babe." Tamara stared at Avery's bloodied wrists. Avery hadn't done that in years. Tamara thought she was past that. "Babe what did you do? Why did you do this?" she asked dabbing at her wrists.

"I'm sorry, Tamara. I'm sorry."

"We're gonna get you through this okay?" Avery said nothing. She nodded and rested her head on her friend's shoulder, crying for what felt like the umpteenth time tonight.

************************

Trey knocked on her door. Dandelion clocks in one hand, and the other hand in his pocket. He was nervous. He had broken things off with April that night. He had told her what he had done and how he felt about their relationship. He loved her, but he wasn't in love with her. She'd been upset at first, but she seemed to take it well. She had said that it was for the best. She didn't want him to feel as though he couldn't be himself with her. She needed someone who was ready to commit to her and only her.

Now he stood outside of Avery's door. It had been about 3 weeks since he'd last seen her. He hoped she would forgive him. Avery opened the door and he was greeted with a beautiful smile that quickly faded.

"Hey."

"Hey, Trey. What are you doing here?"

"I umm... came to give you this" and he handed her a homemade bouquet of dandelions assorted in fluffy whites and bright yellows. "I remember you said these were your favorite." She smiled at the dandelion and reached for it. "I have one too," he stammered. "I thought that maybe we could make wishes on them."

Avery nodded. "Okay. You first."

"Umm...I wish that you could find it in your heart to forgive me. I'm sorry. I broke up with April. I love her. I do. But... I think I love you too. Only difference is, I think I'm in love with you." Avery stared at him as he blew away the feathers. If only he had said that a few weeks ago. "Your turn."

"Okay. Well, I wish you all the luck in the world with finding someone you can truly love, be honest with, and cherish." She smiled as she blew at the flower, watching the feathers fly. She then handed him the stem. "Goodbye Trey." She stepped back into her apartment before shutting the door. Shutting Trey out, and leaving him standing there heartbroken.

LilMami07
LilMami07
404 Followers
12