Dark Assassin Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry," Zinfer said softly, brushing the sweaty hair from Elaine's face before getting up and packing up camp. They would need to reach his queen's land by daybreak. Strapping on just his pack, and leaving the other behind, the Elf gathered Elaine in his arms and cradled her against his chest.

Strength Zinfer spoke in Old Elfish and the weight in his arms became almost nonexistent. And with a final, worried look down at Elaine, the Elf began to run.

The forest was dark, but this was the environment in which Zinfer's senses worked best. He had traveled during the day for Elaine's benefit only - the sun hurt his eyes and made him feel hotter than it would a human or other race of Elf. He slipped easily through the trees, his feet so light on the ground it was if he was flying.

As he ran, guilt tore through Zinfer's heart and mind until it became an almost unbearable pain. He had been unthinking and impulsive - with George's daughter no less - and now the girl he had promised to protect was in hurt by his own selfish lust.

Cragalia will know what to do, Zinfer assured himself. The queen was a powerful Elf, skilled in the ways of healing, and would do what she could to aid George and Laura's only daughter. But he had to hurry, or the fire inside the girl would burn her from the inside out.

The fires of need could be strong and, every once in a while, enough to kill...

*****

Please leave feedback and remember to vote :) A writer's inspiration comes from the support of his or hers readers.

Each chapter will be written in the perspective of one character. Next up, we remain with the Dark Elf and meet his queen as well as a character from his past that he would rather just forget...