All Comments on 'Dark Horse Ch. 03'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 9 years agoAuthor
An Afterword

Literotica is not the only site I posted Dark Horse on, but the response so far has been universal in that it is a mixed bag. More importantly, this is what we were going for. My writing partner Grue and I really wanted to do something that would evoke a visceral reaction. We wrote it knowing some people were going to hate it, and some people were going to love it. While it may be true that different parts of the story fit under different genres, a small story like this would not be served well by being cut apart and stored in different boxes. We are aware that the content of this story may not fall into what many of you consider BDSM but we have labeled this story in accordance with our own personal views (which is not to say that we’re kidnapping rapists). Giving us a three vote instead of a five is not punishment. It’s what we expected all along. Dark Horse is not a story that would score highly in any category.

The story does contain non-consensual material, but we did not put it in that category because the non-consensual aspect is not the point, or the goal. It contains a main character who is intersexed, but we did not put it in the transgendered/crossdressing category. There are genuine shared feelings (truly) between Velvet and Winters by the Epilogue, but we didn't put in Romance. We put it in BDSM category because the purpose, the soul, of the story is the intense emotional experience. On a different level, this story is also about us, the writers, putting you, the reader, through something approximate. In this, we hope you will agree that non-con would be an inappropriate choice. You could have stopped at any point.

No two emotional experiences are the same. No two of our stories are the same. If you found the experience not to your liking, then we may not be the authors for you. If, however, some part of you really enjoyed what you found, even if that part conflicts with other elements of the story you found confusing or distasteful, then we encourage you to look for more from us.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Oh good

More kidnapping and rape posing as BDSM.

I give up.

Shysub412Shysub412over 9 years ago
Jaysus

I'm speechless, I fail to see how this is BDSM in any way.

MasterfulJim said it best "I give up"; Me too!

FA_JFFA_JFover 9 years ago
Whatever

You took what could have been a very strong and dynamic story and turned it into an abused child for the sake of your social experiment. It's much like seeing that obnoxious parent berate a child in the grocery store. Do you count that as a visceral win?

Poor, poor story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
shrugs

I don't get what everyone's so upset about. I liked the story.

getthebookgetthebookover 9 years ago
interesting...

Moved to non con was that by choice or force? Either way you are a questionable author at best with this stunt that you and lmh pullled and with the removal or the other Anon comment that was negative towards your work shows you lack of strength, conviction, and confidence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
"Comment deleted by administration"

...whatever that means.

The comment said, if I recall, that "the story was unoriginal, stupid, and poorly written." I don't begrudge them their opinion, just as I don't begrudge you yours.

The irony of being moved without notification or approval is not lost on me.

I do wonder why you would keep reading when you clearly didn't like it.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 9 years agoAuthor

The above comment was mine. I don't know why it didn't register as such.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I think you should have had more consented orgasms. The only orgasms that happened where when there was one non consenting partner

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Truely hated chapter 3

So Elizabeth's entire rational is that sure is getting "Velvet" away from a life she hates and wants to "protect" her but in the process of doing so she breaks her mind to the point that the person she wanted to protect is gone. So tell me what was the fucking point.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 8 years agoAuthor
Can't

You're anonymous. Also, keep reading. The story doesn’t end here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story thanks for your effort

gave you a 5!!!

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Oh By The Way

I have, over the years, collected a lot of art (for this story and others). Be sure to check http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1496319 to see these characters and more!

GroverLangGroverLangalmost 4 years ago
A case for Alex Cross?

It’s certainly weird enough for Alex Cross. I must agree with others in that non-con is better than bdsm. Your reasoning for originally putting in bdsm is flawed. You might as well have put it in fetish.

As I say, it’s a weird one. Not my cup of tea at all but my reason for reading it was because I wanted to read an early story of yours. Lesbian definitely isn’t my thing so it was a choice between transgender and non-con and I chose non-con which, in hindsight, was the wrong choice in certain aspects. That’s not to say it isn’t a story appreciated by some readers and it’s obviously attracted as many, if not more, 5’s than 4’s although, as the story wasn’t for me, I won’t be voting. But after six years I don’t thinking my vote would matter anyway.

If I’d come across it when the story was new I doubt I would have got to the second chapter. I would consider writing a story about a psychopathic dominant myself because the idea does intrigue me but this angle is too creepy and degrading for me. I see there are further chapters but, as I’ve said, I just wanted to read an earlier work to compare with your latest one. I think this was unfortunately a wrong choice on my part and that’s not your fault. But there was much about the actual writing I liked.

You may have already discovered this in the last six years but it’s “sac” not “sack.” A mistake made by many writers, particularly Americans.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES