Defiance Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*** Rose left the kitchens at sunset. The kitchen master tried to make her stay longer to help with the princes wedding but Rose threatened the fat man with Tate and he had eventually let her leave with promises of what he would do to her once the prince was sick of the halfling.

Rose had to repress a smile. He would never get the chance because she and Tate were leaving. Lukas had found them and he was going to save them from the horrible castle and all of its wretched inhabitants. All she had to do was meet them in the gardens and then they would all leave together.

She went to the exact spot that Tate had shown her and waited. A few moments later she heard the sound of approaching footsteps. It was already dark in the garden so it was difficult to make out the exact features of the man in front of her. He was not Tate; he was far too tall and broad. She looked at the shorn hair, the armour and the dreary colours beneath. The face looked tired and sad. "Lukas?" she said uncertainly.

"Hello dearest." He dropped to his knees and opened his eyes wide to her. She would recognise his voice but she couldn't make herself go to him. "Come here beautiful." He urged.

"Where have you been?" She whispered, her tone strained and lost. "Where have you been Lukas? Where are momma and poppa?"

"I've been lost dearest. I was looking for you." His voice became watery. "Ma and Pa were taken."

"I miss them." She said truthfully.

"So do I." He reached out and wrapped his arms around Rose in a familiar hug. She sunk into the feeling, enjoying the familiar smell of her biggest brother. "I missed you too."

"I'm here now." His hand ran lightly over her hair. "We're going to leave this place."

"Where is Tate?" She asked.

"He isn't here yet. Don't fear, he'll be here soon."

They waited in the gardens for a long time. People were passing close to them but no one entered the overgrown shrubbery they were crouched it. They sounded louder than usual and they were laughing. Rose thought many of them were drunk. "He should have been here by now." Rose said as her teeth chattered from the cold. "Why isn't he here?"

"I don't know." Lukas whispered.

More time passed. "He was helping Christian prepare for the ceremony." Rose said. "What if he hurt him and he can't come."

Silence.

"Shall I go check?" She asked.

"Does that sort of thing happen often?"

"Quite often. Last time Tate couldn't get out of bed for days."

"Alright." Lukas said in a reluctant tone. "Go and check and then come straight back here and tell me if he's there." His hand landed on her shoulder. "Come straight back Rose."

"There and back in a flash." She promised as she crept out of the shrubbery and hurried towards Christian's chambers. The guards barely gave her as she hurried past them.

"Tate?" She called as she swept into the main chambers. She couldn't see him anywhere. "Tate, where are you?"

"Rose?" A muffled voice called. She heard a thump and immediately followed the sound to her and Tate's bedroom. "Rose, is that you?" Another thump, then another.

"I can't open the door!" Rose said as she pulled desperately at the handle.

"Christian locked it." Tate said in a strained voice. "Can you see the key?"

"I'll look." Rose said uncertainly. The room was huge and the key could be anywhere. She started tearing open draws and wardrobes in desperation. She even pulled apart the princes bed. "I can't find it." She eventually choked.

A moment of silence and then another thud. "It's okay Rose." Tate eventually said and his voice was so sad that Rose felt tears start to roll down her cheeks. "I know you've tried your best but Christian must have taken the key with him."

"I don't know what to do." She sobbed.

"You need to go back to Lukas." Tate said, his voice stronger now. "You need to tell him that I can't come and then you both need to leave." More silence. "All will be well Rose, I promise. Hurry now, you need to leave."

"I can't leave you." She whispered into the door.

"You can, you have to. Go on now, quickly!"

"You'll be all alone."

"Rose" Tate suddenly yelled in a tone she had never heard from him before. "I'm telling you to go! Do as I say and leave."

She hesitated for a moment, unsure what she could do to help him. She thought of Lukas and could only pray her brother could think of a way to get Tate free. "I'm going." She called as she dashed from the room and hurried back to the gardens. She found Lukas exactly where she had left him.

"He's locked in our room." She said at Lukas's worried expression. "I don't think he's hurt but he can't get out. I looked for the key but I couldn't find it." She took a deep breath. "He told me to go."

Lukas's expression hardened. "I have to get into the room."

***

Richard watched the tinker brat dash from the princes chambers before he stepped into the room himself. The guards questioned his presence so he explained that the prince had sent him to check up on the halfling. Apparently the prince had felt a bout of guilt for trapping the halfling in his room without any nourishment.

The site that greeted him was surprising. The prince's things were strewn around the room in a mess of cloth and jewellery. Clearly Christian had had one of his customary fits earlier that morning.

He approached the tiny door that imprisoned the half-blood and felt his mouth go dry. His hand shook as he opened the lock. He had decided that he would take the halfling that night. It would be his word against Tate's and he was certain that Christian would believe him over his little slut. The prince may have been blind to many of Tate's vices but he trusted Richard's word above all men. If the captain swore he had not touched the half-blood then Christian would believe him.

The halfling jumped to a standing position as the door opened. His eyes widened when they locked with Richards and then narrowed in distaste. "What do you want?" He asked, and Richard was surprised to see that those expressive eyes were quite red and swollen.

"Have you been crying?" He asked in delight. He took a step forward and the half-blood took a clearly unintentional step back. "Perhaps you have you been mourning the loss of the prince to another? No? Perhaps you have missed the feeling of a hard cock up your arse? It has been a few hours at least."

"Get out." Tate said. He stood his ground this time when Richard took another step towards him. "I'll tell-"

"Go ahead." Richard interrupted smoothly. "Go ahead and tell him. I'm sick of waiting. I've wanted to fuck you for a long time and by the God's I intend to get my heart's desire this night." He pounced and wrestled the half-blood onto his back. The smaller man drew in a deep breath to scream but Richard slapped his hand over the Halflings mouth before he could make a sound. Tate struggled but his strength was truly pathetic. One well placed punch to the younger man's healing ribs and Tate stopped his struggles all together. He lay beneath Richard, his eyes locked on the captain's as he tried to suck in breath beneath the captain's hand. "If I move my hand do you promise not to scream?" He asked sweetly.

A slight nod. Richard moved his hand slowly and Tate sucked in a deep breath. When he had control of his breathing he started to wriggle in a decidedly distractive manner. "Get off me." He sobbed and Richard felt a thrill of pleasure at the waver in the younger man's voice.

"I will as soon as I've finished." Tate started to struggle but ceased the moment Richard lifted his hand threateningly. He pressed down on the smaller man and nipped at the Halfling's neck. "My my, Christian does have you well trained, doesn't he?" another nip, soft enough not to leave a mark, though he dearly wished to bite harder. He reached for the Halfling's trousers and managed to pull them down to Tate's knees. He realised that the half-blood was sobbing and could feel the tears soaking into his shirt. The body beneath his was so smooth and soft that Richard wanted to spend all night exploring it. A pity he would have to rush.

"You need not fear Tate." He promised softly as he ran his hands up and down the thin and trembling chest beneath him. "These injustices will not continue forever. I have been approached and it seems there are many that want your death." He allowed his hands to fondle the half-blood's firm buttocks before pressing a moistened finger between them. He was surprised to find the halfling already fairly well greased. "Already fucked you has he?"

Tate struggled again so Richard pressed down on the battered ribs. "Stop!" He gasped.

"I will if you behave." He promised. When he felt Tate relax beneath him he released the pressure on the small man's ribs and reached out to grab his thighs. He positioned them over his knees as he lowered his own trousers. "As I was saying, I've had many people approach me. Even your own brothers. It seems they're quite eager to be rid of you. It won't be long now." He smiled as he reached down and patted Tate's tear stained cheeks. "I'll make sure I've had my fill first though." He lined himself up. "Consider tonight a little taster for what's to come." ***

"I need your help." Lukas said desperately. "Times running out and I can't get in there alone."

"So just leave him then." Adam whispered harshly. "I met your halfling and he's a pompoms little shit. You're better off without him."

"Please Adam, I can't leave him. Not now."

"You got your sister. That's a damn site more than most of us have."

"I love him." He whispered.

Adam looked at him for a long moment before giving a tight sigh. "God's be damned. Fine Lukas, I'll help you. Luckily it shouldn't be impossible to enter the prince's chambers when everyone knows he's in the great hall. Come on."

Lukas followed his friend into a part of the castle he had never been in before. The finery and riches that surrounded him was without equal and Lukas had to force himself not to gape. "Lukas, I need you to act quickly when we reach the princes chambers. Don't freeze on me. Just act like you're exactly where you're supposed to be and follow my lead."

They approached a gilded door guarded by two young soldiers. Adam walked confidently up to them both and in a move too quick to follow he broke the first man's neck before knocking the other soldier in the head with the hilt of his blade. He bent over the fallen solider and causally twisted his neck until it snapped.

"You killed them." Lukas gasped.

"Quit your staring and help me bring them inside before someone see's." He grabbed one of the men under his armpits and dragged him through the prince's outer chambers. He came back a moment later and gave Lukas a disgusted look. "By the God's man, will you move? I heard someone crying in the inner chambers. Go and see what's going on and I'll sort things out here."

Lukas went cautiously into the outer chamber and passed within. He could hear the sound of choked sobs. He approached a huge mirrored door and pushed it gently open. The noises were clearer now and Lukas felt his heart rise up in his throat when he realised that it was Tate.

"Stop!" His beloved pleaded in a gasping breath, the sound of his voice filled with terror.

"I will if you behave." Another vaguely familiar voice cooed. There was a moment of silence and then Tate released a soft sob. "As I was saying," The other man said in a mocking and smug tone. "I've had many people approach me. Even your own brother's. It seems they're quite eager to be rid of you. It won't be long now." Lukas heard the faint sound of a slap. "I'll make sure I've had my fill first though. Consider tonight a little taster for what's to come."

Lukas found himself frozen. Could he go in there, knowing that the new king was within? God's be damned, he was supposed to be at his wedding ceremony. It made no sense!

"Stop." Tate cried out brokenly. "Get off me!"

Lukas found his feet moving before his mind had a chance to tell him how stupid he was being. He burst into a tiny little room and felt a moment of confusion when he saw the captain of the guard leaning dominantly over Tate. Richard's trousers were down around his knees and Tate was laid out naked beneath him.

Anger boiled up inside Lukas and he reacted without thinking. He caught the captain's shoulder and tore him off Tate's cringing form. The man fell down in a manner that may have been comical in any other circumstance. He stared at Lukas in obvious surprise.

"Don't you touch him." Lukas snarled, pointing a shaking finger at the captain before the other man could voice his confusion. "You have no right."

The captain looked thoughtfully over at Lukas as pulled up his trousers. His eye swivelled to an equally astonished Tate before coming back to rest on the Tinker. "I remember you." He said as he stood up. "Has the little whore been bending over for you too?" He pulled out his blade and smiled menacingly at Lukas. "I have no idea how you managed to get in here my friend but I can assure it is the last stupid act you're ever going to commit."

"Lukas, run!" Tate shouted at him as he finally seemed to get over his shock. The small man threw himself at the captain and the two of them grappled for a moment before Richard kicked the half-blood in the stomach. Tate dropped to the floor and curled into a ball as he tried to take in air. Lukas instinctively went to go to him but the captain stepped between them with his drawn blade and Lukas realised he was about to die. He was useless with a blade; he would have no chance against the captain of the king's guard.

Lukas stumbled back as the other man approached him with a menacing grin. The tinker watched as he spun the blade in his hand in an impossibly intricate design. "I'm going to stick you like a pig." He promised with a truly terrifying smile. "I've been waiting a long time to fuck that little bastard and I don't appreciate the interruption."

Tate was lying on the floor, staring at him in clear horror. He started to crawl towards them but he seemed unable to gain his feet. Just as the captain rushed him he saw Tate's eyes widen and then Adam moved up behind the northerner and stuck a blade through his back.

The captain stared down at the blade protruding through his stomach with open astonishment. He opened his mouth to speak and a pool of blood spurted out and dribbled down his chin. Adam stepped up close behind him and gave the sword a vicious twist. "This hardly makes up for all you took from us you murderous bastard, but it's a start." Another twist and the man's lifeless body collapsed to the floor.

Lukas barely noticed Tate's presence as the younger man stepped beside him. The Halfling's eyes were locked on Richard and for a long moment they all considered the dead man in silence. Lukas wondered if his attack on Tate had been an isolated event, or had the captain been using the halfling since his capture? Tate had not mentioned it but given his secretive nature there was probably much the young man had not told him in the short time they had managed to spend together.

Tate spat on the dead man, kicked him and hurried out of the room. Lukas wondered after him and found himself gaping as he watched Tate begin to fill his pockets with bejewelled golden finery. He turned around and gestured Lukas towards him.

"What are you doing?" Lukas asked, horrified.

"We've just killed the captain of the kings guard Lukas, coupled with the fact that I'm running away I don't think a bit of thievery is going to make this damned mess any worse. Beside, Christian probably won't even notice. He has so much." He turned away abruptly and ran into a small room. A moment later he returned with a thick cloak and a smaller one that was obviously meant for Rose. "We're leaving?" He asked.

"Yes." Lukas said, finding his voice with difficulty. He reached out and touched Tate's arm, feeling a pang of pity when the smaller man flinched away from him. "Are you well Tate?" he asked.

The halfling released a bitter laugh. "What do you think?" he ran a shaking hand through his hair before fastening his cloak. "We need to leave, now."

"We will." Lukas promised. "Nothing has changed, not really." Lukas looked at Adam and saw the other man's pleased expression. It was still painful to see how far he had fallen, though Lukas could understand firsthand the pain he had endured. Still, he had saved Lukas's life and reunited him with his lover and sister. He could not abandon him. "You'll come with us?" he asked.

Adam gave him a disbelieving look. "I came here for a reason Lukas. Just because you got your Shantran's doesn't mean I've had my revenge. He needs to die."

"Please Adam; you're not going to be able to kill him. He's too well guarded."

"I'm here now, aren't I?" The other man said, grinning at him in a deeply disturbing way that made Lukas's blood freeze in his veins.

"Lukas?" Tate reached out and gripped the tinker's wrist. "We have to leave, now."

"You're sure?" Lukas asked Adam.

"Of course I am." The scarred man agreed, his tone suddenly cold. "He needs to pay for what he stole from me. All those people-" His eyes tuned to Tate and his expression became mocking. "Time to runaway little man

Lukas clasped the other man's hand. "Thank you Adam."

"Good luck Lukas."

****

Tate felt his entire body thrum with nervous energy as he followed Lukas to the outer gates. Rose's little hand was grasped firmly in his own, her hood pulled up against the cold and snow. There was a huge line of people waiting to enter the castle or moving around the palace grounds. No one was paying attention to them and when they reached the gateway the guard passed them through with barely a glance.

Lukas forced them to keep a steady pace despite Tate's almost unbearable need to runaway as fast as his feet would carry him. They were all quiet as they passed through the packed streets, where the peasants were reacting with surprising merriment.

Lukas led them through the city square and further away from the masses. They were ignored for the most part, though a few people called out a friendly greeting which Lukas answered with surprising ease.

At last they reached the gates leading out of the city. The guards didn't even acknowledge this time and before he could properly comprehend it Tate realised that he was out of the city gates. He could see the trees and the mountains and it made his heart sing.

"Falliath." Lukas said, his voice full of relief as he approached a young boy holding onto the reins of three horses.

The boy grinned at Lukas as the tinker approached him. "You're late." He said, his eyes flickering over Tate and Rose before coming back to rest on Lukas. "I thought you might be dead." He pressed two of the horse's reigns into Lukas's hands and gave him a playful little bow. "You like?"

"You're a little wonder Falliath, you know that don't you?"

"Course I do." The boy said cockily. "You got your family back then?"

Lukas reached out and wrapped his arm around Tate. The half-blood had to force himself not to recoil as he was ushered before the boy. "This is Tate." He said and the smaller man gave the boy a quick nod of greeting. "And this little flower is Rose."

"Hello." Rose said shyly, her hand squeezing Tate's as the boy smiled at her.

"We need to go Lukas." Tate said, eager to put as much distance between himself and the prince as possible.

"Yes." Lukas agreed. "Everyone saddle up. Rose, you can ride double with Falliath." He looked at the boy. "You can ride?"

"Course I can." The boy said, his tone indignant. To prove his point he jumped on the horse and gave Rose a friendly smile. "Jump up little sister."

Tate could feel her reluctance but he stepped beside the horse and raised her onto the saddle. "Hold on tight Rose." He instructed before vaulting onto his own horse. Lukas followed suit and before long they were all heading south.