Democrat Daisy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ma'am?"

"Buddy why did you mislead that New York Times feature writer and claim since 1905 young women of this town have traditionally lay below this cottage in the nude reading a book?"

"Well actually I was in error. Our local historian has informed me the practice actually began in 1906 according to records."

"So it was true."

"It's true. I've seen a couple. The traditional lives on."

A crew member of a TV crew waiting for an exclusive interview went to the corner of the building and looked the slope to the lake. He yelled, "Hey guys I can see nymphs down on the grass reading as naked as they were born."

"No it's too early... it's an afternoon thing," said Buddy.

A reporter representing Men's Perversions Magazine yelled to the guy still looking at the women, were they having sex.

"No but they all have juicy-looking tits."

Older men led the charge around to the lakefront terrace and down the bank. Some women stayed agreeing women tended not to have post-breakfast sex. But off they ran when one of them said unless the young women were exhibitionists.

"God thank goodness that's over, even temporarily," Clarita sighed.

"I apologize for intruding," said a thin, pious-looking guy Clarita and Buddy had not noticed leaning against the woodshed and now coming forward. "I'm from Church Unification Monthly. Mr Baldwin, may I ask what messages in morality are you including in this new book of yours?"

"Um could you explain to me what morality is?" Buddy asked, making Clarita crack up.

The media charge down the hill proved very entertaining.

A female reporter postulated the three young women were involved in a hoax because she found one was reading a booklet on 'Fire Drill and Emergency Evacuations', the second book was, 'Council Staff Induction Manual' and the third nudist was reading 'Flea, Lice & Earwig Eradication Measures for the Here-Comes Community.'

But the media had a great time.

The girls posed for photographs after demanding and received payment of $200 a minute.

When interviewed, the girls were a huge sources of because they appeared to answer questions truthfully.

They were asked was Here-Comes a morally stable town. Gloria said heavens no, sexual misconduct was rife because the community was somewhat isolated and there was nothing much else to do after work other than to wander about looking for sex.

The girls were asked what their future plans were. Gloria said she would become a night-club dancer after she had her breasts enhanced. Robyn desired to own a tattoo removal business and Amy wasn't sure but thought perhaps she'd work in a sex shop because there was plenty of opportunity to earn quick cash on the side.

When the media pack arrived back up at the cottage they found a notice that stated: 'Enjoy an early lunch. Media Conference at 12:30 then an exclusive interview for CBS will follow in private inside the cottage. Other exclusive interviews can be booked for tomorrow.

Robyn, Gloria and Amy arrived up wearing only boots and that had a calming influence on people unable to secure quick interviews and then the depart. By noon the media corps had swollen to almost 400 and new supplies of liquor had been rushed up to the cottage.

Deputy sheriff Wayne Croft, car siren going and lights flashing, slowly led the CBS crew in three vehicles up the dirt track to the cottage.

The assembly of other media representatives initially jeered the late arrivals who were receiving special treatment and then turned their backs on the CBS crew and ignored what they were doing. That TV interview was screened that night nation-wide.

From late afternoon that day there was more activity in Here-Comes than on July 4. Restaurants ran out of food, the bar was drunk dry except for beer and courting couples were everywhere and even some townswomen who'd not had sex for years joined in and were gratified (or sickened). It was a memorable evening and next morning newspaper stories produced stories filed the previous day by reporters claiming, 'I found Old America' and 'Lakeside Nude-reading Nymphs'. Magazines would publish articles titled, 'The Loveliness of Hidden America', 'A Place Where Time Has Stood Still' and 'The Most Democratic Town in America.'

Most of the published articles mentioned Buddy and his upcoming book, the sequel to 'Republican Ruby'. Clarita was generally ignored, but the upcoming book had been named in the CBS interview and the interviewer had treaded Buddy and Clarita like stars. That pleased Buddy's publisher but Buddy and Clarita were left disgusted by other media who went looking for details to write articles about what was wrong if Here-Comes, where people living there as odd as the town's name and because media people had left a huge mess around the cottage and grass turning yellow because it had been swamped in urine. No one had thought about providing temporary toilets.

Wearily from cleaning up, the last truckload of refuse including broken glass, disappearing down the dirty track, Buddy said to Clarita, "Well that was a fucking waste of writing time except for the CBS interview."

She yawned and nodded.

But it wasn't and he learned that two days later when Clarita handed the author a print-out of an email from the PA of his publisher's executive editor.

'Dear Mr Baldwin. Mrs Michaels wishes you to know that advance orders for your new novel are being received by bookstores all over the country. It is estimated advance orders already exceed 40,000 and she says this is unprecedented for us. She has issued instructions that a 'Democrat Daisy' website must be up and running by 5 pm tomorrow. This is wonderful news. Oh I'm receiving press cuttings from all over the country about your upcoming novel. This must be very pleasing for you. Best wishes and I'm really looking forward to meeting you Miss Young. We will be bringing both of you to New York for the book launch. Kind regards Miranda.'

"Aw isn't she sweet," Clarita said as Buddy finished reading.

"Yeah she's quite cute but although she has a boyfriend I suspect she's giving it to Alice Michaels as well. I haven't seen them at it but I've seen the body language between them."

"Well isn't that sort of behavior rather common in New York?"

Buddy grinned and said he had no idea but he guessed New York also had its share of morally upright citizens. "This is America."

Clarita said she thought he'd want the book to be launched in Here-Comes.

"Yeah well I'd thought about it but the cost would be high and really the town doesn't have the resources to cope. Also we'd maximize media coverage holding it in New York. This news about advance orders really pleases me. So some of the media have done a good job for us and for by fans."

They finished the final pages of the new novel that afternoon and went into Here-Comes in time to have it be sent to Strandon to catch the over-night courier service. To their astonishment they were hailed in the village like town heroes. Many people had done very well financially out of the media invasion.

Buddy and Clarita had dinner with her parents and as they were leaving she hugged her mother tightly and said, "Goodbye mom."

"Omigod Clarita are you two are off?"

Clarita looked at Buddy who nodded.

"Yes mom. We'll pack in the morning and plan to slip out of town by 9:00. Buddy wants to wend our way to New York, taking our time but being there in time for the book launch."

"Oh darling we'll miss you and you too Buddy."

There were more hugs and Clarita's dad Bert slapped Buddy on the back and said, "Look after her son. I've never seen Clarita look so happy."

As they drove to the cottage, Clarita said, "I'm really looking forward to fucking our way to New York."

Buddy grinned and said she had become a little coarse since she'd teamed up with him.

"I'll survive. You know this community is really beholden to you. Mom and grandma have been invited to go to Washington with the original copy of the town's certificate of incorporation because the authorities have no record of it. She also told me you have put Here-Come on the map. Tourists are already drifting in and the council is receiving calls from map-publishers and web-site developers about the location of our town. Most of them suspect it's in Iowa or Indiana, with a few nominating Michigan. Not one suspected it might be in Missouri."

"Well that was the appeal of Here-Come, being in the center of isolation."

"Mayor Croft intends calling a citizens meeting to ensure the town keeps its unique charm and its inhabitants remain true to character as yokels although I'm sure he won't use that word yokels at the meeting."

Buddy squirmed and said that was getting a bit too detailed for him and suggested, "Let's get home and wallow in sex."

"Oooh."

Deputy Sheriff Wayne Croft arrived outside the cottage next morning just as Buddy had locked the door and had placed the key under a stone with a red dot painted on it.

Wayne kissed Clarita and told her he and the town would miss her.

Clarita burst into tears and the guys looked awkward.

"I'm here to escort you through town."

"Why is the street ripped up for repairs ahead of the tourist boom?"

"Something like that. Listen pal, you can return old anytime but don't touch my wife again. Do you understand?"

Buddy said yeah and glanced at Clarita but she was busy dabbing her eyes and appeared not to have heard.

Buddy led them into Main Street, with siren growling and lights flashing.

The 180-yard strip of Here-Comes' downtown area was packed with people. Flags were flying, and all July 4 decorations were in place although some weeks ahead of time. The school and offices had closed.

"Omigod," Clarita shrieked. "Here-Comes is honoring you."

"Honoring us," Buddy corrected. "They know that until you come into my life I might have moved on to finish my novel elsewhere."

The car windows were down and citizens crowded in to shake their hands or to kiss the departing couple. It took them almost an hour to get out of town where Wayne peeled off and gave them a farewell blast on the siren.

As they came to the dirt road access to the boatshed Clarita said, "So it was Carla Croft you fucked?"

"Eh?"

"I didn't see her in the crowd, about the only resident missing."

"She was on my side and she kissed me."

Clarita sighed. "When the media were here you mentioned you'd only seen two nude females reading on the grass over there. I know the other woman was me and you fucked me. Did you see Carla Croft there and give her the same level of attention?"

"Yeah on the day I arrived. I stopped for a stretch and walked through the trees and looked across the lake and saw her, nude and reading. So I got a canoe from the shed and paddled over to say hi."

"And you received more than a hi in return?"

"Yeah."

"She is married. You are a naughty boy Buddy Baldwin. I will have to modify your behavior."

"But if you do that I might not write so well."

"Oh a good point. By the way that Daisy is a bit shallow for my likening. You are free to base your next heroine on me."

"Do you fuck?"

Clarita showed her teeth and wheedled, "Why don't you turn back and park in those woods Buddy Baldwin and find out?"

THE END