Devonny Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
theDuskyGirl
theDuskyGirl
1,104 Followers

Devonny curtsied once again and turned to leave. She paused in the door way and turned back to them. "Sir?" She was looking at Elijah.

"Yes, Devonny?"

A faint smile lit her face. "I just wanted to say thank you. My room is lovely."

Elijah cocked his head slightly to the side and leaned back in his chair as he perused her, his bright eyes lit with interest. "Your room?"

Devonny nodded.

Elijah sent a quick look at Gabriel who gave an almost imperceptible shake of his head. Elijah grinned at her. "Yes, of course. You're very welcome."

She favored him once again with a brilliant smile before she left them.

Elijah leaned back in his chair and regarded Gabriel who seemed intent on not meeting his gaze. "Her room is lovely?"

Gabriel continued writing. "I went to inspect her room. It was insufficient so I ordered some new furniture to replace the old."

Elijah laughed. "My God," his voice was incredulous, "you're quite smitten."

Gabriel lifted his head and fixed his dark stoic gaze on his brother. "Don't be absurd. A little mulatto girl is hardly enough to pique my interest, little brother."

The corner of Elijah's mouth lifted in an amused smile . "If you say so."

Gabriel bristled perceptibly. His only answer was an indignant snort before he returned his attentions to the papers before him.

Devonny crept away from the doorway, ashamed and her heart feeling heavy. Her first day as a maid and she was already indulging in their archetypical behavior of listening at doorways. But more troubling was her reaction to her employer's appraisal of her. 'A little mulatto girl, hardly enough to pique his interest.' She went quietly back to her room, her heart feeling as though it weighed heavily in her chest and resolved to think no more on Gabriel Davenport.

theDuskyGirl
theDuskyGirl
1,104 Followers
12